PDA

View Full Version : A Simple Quest

Ingenious
11-25-06, 01:52 PM
I was considering creating a simple quest where we go to some abandoned fort that is now filled with monsters for the basic kick in the door style quest. This in turn is going to lead into the possible formation of a power group. And of course the cleaned out fort would be the base of operations. Anyone involved in the quest would not be obligated to join but would be encouraged.

The power group itself, should i create it would be simplistic in nature as well. It would be a group of mercenaries based in the aforementioned fort. I haven't decided any specific location yet for the quest/base and right now it is only in the creation stage so there is some time and definites yet. I am just trying to see who would be interested in such a quest/power group.

People showing interest
Séreméla
Primal Urge
Ravenok Kinnes
The Madd Hatter
Jahl

Séreméla
11-25-06, 02:20 PM
That sounds interesting. if you figure out what kind of quest, what region, and what the PG would be like I might be interested

Primal Urge
11-25-06, 09:37 PM
I suppose I would be interested in a quest like this, pending my characters approval, of course. It sounds like it could potentially be a good place for me to introduce him into Althanas :)

Ravenok Kinnes
11-25-06, 09:39 PM
I'll be glad to join. If and when you are ready, just PM me.

Ingenious
11-27-06, 04:23 PM
I added all of you to my lil list. I will probably base both in corone and if I do, I still don't know the exact location.

Quest:

It will stay based in some sort of abandoned building now occupied by monsters and it will likely be some abandoned military base.

PG:

The PG will most likely stay a mercenary band. The exact details of the PG are still kind of blurry but needless to say I plan to make it so there are missions for gold sort of like the bulletins for each continent/country and that we have our own smithy and wizard so that prices could possibly be reduced compared to what you would pay in the bazaar. My plans aren't anything set in stone because I would still need to talk to the important people who make decision around here and see if that would be possible to do. If not, well......

P.S.

Any suggestions for the PG would be helpful.

Primal Urge
11-28-06, 01:06 PM
I really like the idea of reduced costs on things like weapon upgrades and other services, it would be a nice 'perk' of being part of the Powergroup :). I don't have any suggestions for the PG, since i'm pretty new here, but for the actual quest itself, it might be interesting if we come across a link to a bigger chain of quests that we could do later down the line..

For example:

We discover a mysterious egg whilst liberating the Castle of an old Duke from monsters and think nothing of it, but this egg grows up to be a Dragon and creates alot of trouble for us in future.

lol that's just a really rough example/idea of what it could be, let me know what you guys think.

Ravenok Kinnes
11-28-06, 08:26 PM
Even though it was rough and quick, that idea wouldn't be so bad. A link to other quests in the future would be splendid indeed.

And I think the idea of it being a merc group is fantastic, because that's basically what Ravenok is. I can't wait till this starts.

Ingenious
11-30-06, 11:44 AM
That sounds like a good idea. A quest that links to other quests. ....A few years down the road "And they fought against the demon god Cthulu" Ok maybe nothing like that but a dragon does sound interesting. But what type would be a good one. Or should we go with a less common evil in quests, perhaps have something to do with mindflayers. Mindflayers would be a great challenge. Now my brain is surging through the endless possibilities. Should i not make it back in a few days, assume i that i am writing an epic quest.

Anywho how should we do the quest thing. Solo with increased reward, groups of members or whole PG quests or a combination of any of the previous?

Ravenok Kinnes
11-30-06, 02:07 PM
You mean the quest we are plannin on doing soon? Or the quest that we lead to vi a link in another quest?

Primal Urge
11-30-06, 03:51 PM
Illithids are hot <3, hehe, or we could even do something like 'accidentally' kill a creatures parent, and then later on, it rounds up an adventuring party of it's own to find and slay the "brutal murderers" of its parent lol. (Think of the Irony!!)

If you're referring to the initial quest, I think it should be relatively small, that way we develop our characters, gell together, and reap the rewards ourselves :D. If, however, you were referring to other quests, further down the line, that we offer at our new stronghold, then we could offer a range of quests, starting with solo/two member one's and then, if everything was going well, we could perhaps write a massive quest/mission that involved our entire PG (See linked quest idea here :p)

The Madd Hatter
11-30-06, 04:36 PM
I am intriqued.

Ingenious
11-30-06, 05:27 PM
The number of people per mission was referring to PG bulletin missions. There will also be missions that spawn from the first one of creating the pg. As i said to join the quest you do not have to join the pg or vice versa. I'll go into more later when i figure stuff out and have time.

Ravenok Kinnes
11-30-06, 05:36 PM
Alright. So the initial thread should be done in a day or two, I hear?

The Madd Hatter
11-30-06, 06:04 PM
Are there any slots left in the initial quest for a Madd old Hatter? If so, I think I will be joining, and jumping into the PG as well. However, Freddy might be more a recluse member because he doesn't always tell people what he is thinking nor does he sanely interact. His antics often get on the nerves of those around him and sometimes even piss off monsters so badly that they get annoyed with his mid-battle chatter and give up trying to fight him.

At the moment he isn't much of a fighter, but if you look at the solo I am doing, he does do mercenary-like missions if there is a goal to it. Money isn't a goal for him.

Ingenious
12-01-06, 01:58 PM
Theres always more room. Ill add you to my little list. I didn't actually say that the thread for the quest would be up soon but more information, though i think i will put the thread up in the next day or two to get things moving. When it is finished i shall post a link to it.

Ravenok Kinnes
12-01-06, 02:39 PM
Okay, that sounds good.

The Madd Hatter
12-01-06, 04:09 PM
Ravenok, can we assume that our characters remember eachother, or do you want this to be a split infinity moment in which we somehow meet eachother for the first time twice?

Ravenok Kinnes
12-01-06, 04:19 PM
I am fine with our characters already knowing eachother. We will already be well into The Golden Fields when this quest thread is put up, so yeah, we can already know eachother.

Ingenious
12-08-06, 06:27 PM
Im going to have to hold it for another day or two. Sorry about the wait you have already had to endure. My oppurtunities to get on the net aren't as often as i like so during my offline freetime i shall write it up so that i can get it up quicker when i do get an oppurtunity to get online.

Ravenok Kinnes
12-08-06, 08:04 PM
Okay, Ingenious. No rush.

Jahl
12-09-06, 04:30 PM
I wouldnt mind rivaling in a pg against others to start up activity, that and im plain looking for something to do. The only problem is what would the pg stand for, the interests and what not, or will that develop during the quest? I want to be able to participate in group activities, hopefully they all wont be bash and smash (the continuing threads from the pg.) Al else aside, i'd love to be a part of this, "besides, you need people of inteligence on this sort of mission... quest... thing." Meriadoc Brandybuck :D

Ingenious
12-09-06, 06:46 PM
It's a mercenary group. There really isn't anything glamarous about it. No top secret missions all the time like Step or something. We hire out for gold and that sort of thing. I can't think of any particular interest other than that although they could develop over missions. There will be missions that are covert and there will be non bash and smash. But this particular quest is kick in the door, the only type that really fits that takeover of a base. I'd be glad to have you aboard.

Also, i plan on setting up the thread tonight. Of course what i plan and what happens aren't always one and the same.

Jahl
12-09-06, 06:49 PM
Alrighty then, count me in!

Ingenious
12-09-06, 06:57 PM
If you have any ideas for a merc PG's name, go ahead and shoot.

Ravenok Kinnes
12-09-06, 07:53 PM
The Xelios.

Edit: Pronounced (zee-lee-ose).

I should be here if you put it up tonight, so i'll have a reply ready right away.

Jahl
12-09-06, 08:09 PM
In all honesty, and this may be a first, but i actually like the very first suggestion! It's amazing! but seriously, Xelios sounds unique and 'nifty'

Ravenok Kinnes
12-09-06, 08:12 PM
Thanks. I usually have a knack for coming up with names.(i.e. Ravenok)

Ingenious
12-09-06, 08:44 PM
When a plan comes togather... (http://althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=43226#post43226)
There it is guys. That name is pretty unique. I may use it. I'll decide the name sometime during the quest though, that way i can think about it and pick the best possible one. Of course I will run the names before you guys before picking since we will be the founders of it.

EDIT: Also note, I am only able to get on a few times a week so don't expect this to go at a fast pace. It will be a steady pace so there is no need to rush to post, as well as my right to tell you "I warned you" should you get angry that this isn't moving fast enough.

Ravenok Kinnes
12-09-06, 08:57 PM
Oh sure, I may reply now, but I will not expect to move at a fast pace nor will I get angry when it doesn't.

Jahl
12-09-06, 10:47 PM
Not a problem, im usually on alot, so i will post quickly, even if you don't (gives me time to cram in a bunch of other things at once :D)

Rajani Aishwara
12-09-06, 11:45 PM
All this talk of Power Groups is making my mouth water. How about I make a lil business proposal, in & out of character. In Conquest by Capitalism (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=3218) my character seeks to start a business in Radasanth. Spoiler Alert: He starts a high class Inn, Club, and Advertising agency.

Allow me to appear near the end of the quest (after you've secured the fort) and Rajani will offer to advertise the mercenary agency. Add "... a Peregrine Production" at the end of your Power Group title, and any of my acquired property will be backup territory for your Power Group, including my mobile ship, The Peregrine. Trust me when I say that would be critical should this revived Brotherhood decide to impose on you.

Jahl
12-10-06, 10:38 AM
Im not sure if that was a threat or not, and the ending title seems to be like you own us. Even if we were to cooperate, which is not completely or remotely up to me, the situations would have to change a little to meet at a comprimise, most definitely. I'll wait for Ingenious' reply though...

Rajani Aishwara
12-10-06, 02:02 PM
Im not sure if that was a threat or not, and the ending title seems to be like you own us. There is absolutely nothing I've said that remotely implies that I'm threatening you guys. I really don't know where you got that from. If the ending title implies ownership then we can make a compromise. I simply want to help get your name out there as well as mine.

I'll wait for Ingenious' reply though...Funny. You didn't.

Jahl
12-10-06, 03:13 PM
I misunderstood your last sentece because of its placement, It was an akward place for it to be and it made it seem that the subject was your powergroup and not the opposing one that is being revived.

On the subject of waiting for Ingenious' decision, I don't have the power to say yes or no, i was simply placing my imput into the thread. It still seems a little bit funny, but that's why details are worked out through comprimise.

The Madd Hatter
12-10-06, 03:23 PM
I would foresee Ingenius agreeing to an alliance more than a 'production'.

The Xelios Peregrine Alliance has a nice ring to it, actually.

And, I agree with Ravenok and Jahl on the Xelios name, its awesome.
Ravenok knows from experience that I can post quite a lot, so, like him, I will post as soon as I see the posts up. I am, however, patient.

I do look forward to this.

Ravenok Kinnes
12-10-06, 04:45 PM
Yeah, it does. I am interested in your idea, Rajani. A mutual agreement between two soon-to-be-famous companies... Right on.

I will make my entrance for Ravenok later tonight. Normally I would have already had it up by now, but i've been busy. So yeah, later I will make my entrance.

The Madd Hatter
12-11-06, 06:41 PM
I just realized this is going to be an insane quest with 5 people. Will there be a set posting order?

Edit: Mein gott, 6!

Jahl
12-11-06, 07:06 PM
i should think so, it would be odd to ignore someones actions in order to post. That way were all on the same timeline

Ravenok Kinnes
12-11-06, 07:32 PM
Definitely. I hate when people post relentlessly. Yes, let's just keep it in whatever order it is in when everyone makes their introductions, to avoid confusion and to quote Jahl, stay on the same timeline.

The Madd Hatter
12-11-06, 07:50 PM
We must remember that Ingenius is the leader of this thread however and he may object. Our opinions are well stated however and I do agree with what you two have said, just making sure we all remember that we are, at this point, but participants in Ingenius's little party.

Ravenok Kinnes
12-11-06, 08:11 PM
Your words are true. I don't want to put any pressure on our host.

Jahl
12-11-06, 08:29 PM
if all goes well, we will be the collective four founders with hopefully equal say. but yes, as for now, it is his quest, his dream for the pg; respect will always be his fully.

Ingenious
12-12-06, 10:51 AM
An alliance sounds good. It is always good to have allies. The official name of the PG will be 'The Xelios'. We would of course throw out advertisements for your pg as well. So let's discuss terms and the such before any official statement is made.

There will be practically equal collective power most likely. I will have 26% say so and each of you will have 25%. Yes, i know that equals 101% but im not carin, with 4 people we will need a way to make it if something goes 2 v 2 that it doesn't stay a tie. Also the way the pg will be set up, I will be the leader and you guys will be the captains. Captains work under the leader ( even though you guys will likely have 25% power). Each captain leads a squad of those who they accept. So when someone applies to the pg, one of you will accept him in to your group, or he/she will be denied entry into the pg. You do with your group as you like. Eventually, if we get big enough, there will be more captains but they won't have the power you will. Also non captains will be able to accept missions from the guild but only on there own time ICly.

I will post again sometime in the next few days. Might be today, might be tomorrow, might be the next day.

Also, as you probably already assumed, this is also the ooc/chat thread about the quest and pg to be.

Anyway i think i hit all neccesary bases.

EDIT: sorry for the lack of quality of the last post, i got rushed and distracted by people.

Ravenok Kinnes
12-12-06, 02:03 PM
Firstly, don't worry about the post in the role play thread, it seemed fine to me.

Those ideas sound good, though I am still coming up with some ideas that I wont throw on here just yet. They're still developing.

Edit: I deserve 26% too! I came up with the name! Haha... Just kidding. I don't really mind. But yeah, I feel special now...

Jahl
12-13-06, 01:00 PM
sorry guys for not having posted yet, family issues, i should be able to get it done by tonight.

Ravenok Kinnes
12-13-06, 02:53 PM
It's alright, no rush!

The Madd Hatter
12-14-06, 08:19 AM
Random: Did Ingenius spell "Together" wrong? Or did he seriously mean "to gather"

And forgive me for my latent absence, I've been experiencing sickness and computer-not-liking-me-all-that-much-ness.

Edit: I have MY computer fixed now, so I will be returning to my regularly posting schedule.

Jahl
12-14-06, 08:39 AM
you know, im not quite sure, but both of them seemed plausible, so i took it as a space mistake rather than a speling mistake...

Jahl
12-14-06, 08:59 AM
DOUBLE POST

Another Random post: I just remembered that there are two other people who posted in this thread that wanted to be a part of this... I thought about it and if their still interested, instead of them just cramming their posts in out of order of ours, we could meet them on the way to the fort. I mean, what are the odds of everyone coming to the same place, it would add a story twist and offer more points for character introduction... Just a suggestion.

Vamrsh Skylare
12-15-06, 11:08 PM
Hello, I was wondering if you had room for another wandering merc type person in your group. PM me if you do. Ravenok can vouch for me :)

Primal Urge
12-16-06, 12:42 PM
Hello there everyone. I apologise for my inactivity as of late, I have been experiencing problems with my internet connection >_< . That being said, all the idea's you've come up with for the PG sound great to me and i'll try and make a post in the quest thread in a few minutes. :)

Ingenious
12-17-06, 12:07 PM
Guy with the dart picture, you are in. Also there is some more of a scoop. I have joined the ranks of the pg IE. I have recently found out that they oppose the PG that wants to ally with us and that PG wants me to quit IE before we can join them. My goal is to ally with both somehow but Im not sure if either would allow it. If we had to choose, would you rather join the Illicit entrepeurs or the peregrin group?

As for posting order we can just let them slide in and they stay in that order i would guess.

6 people now, i forgot prisoner in my percentile calculating. The new percentiles will be 20% me, 16% each of you. Or perhaps i should make the new addition someone under one of you. Opinions from the original 4?

Jahl
12-17-06, 01:52 PM
doesnt mater to me, I say most zealous first, maybe a top three, you and then two others under you, then the rest here could be group leaders for recruits or what not, that way the system is more complicated and respectful.

Something like The main leader, who has 40% say over all, then two follwers who have 30% each. These higher up peoples chose the missions, settle differences and handle batles beteen other PGs. Then the rest of us here will be the heads of our own little groups, eah one could specialize in seperate areas. Say one leader for a group who assasinates, one for recon, one for loot and treasure hunting, you know something like that. Then applicants can apply for whatever spot they want. That way we have structure and order.

as for the PG aliance, ive never heard of the IE send a link to their forum

Ingenious
12-18-06, 01:03 PM
Peregrin Group (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=3394)
Illicit Entrepreneurs (“IE”) (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=3363)

Im leaning towards the Peregrin group. Due to the fact it is well on it's way and already has a gold stockpile and several members. It also occured to me last night that we could ally with neither and possibly make some gold from their little war. I want to have a group discussion on this.

Also, should we open up a message board for the pg? That way we that we can cover several topics in multiple threads instead of singular one as well as keeping PG plans secretive. It would also allow for other PGs to show up and ask for alliance or war and the such. Yay or nay?

In reference to the groups. A few things. Who would be my left and right hands if we narrowed it down? In addition i would prefer each squad/group to have a name of it's own. Also what would each of you speciallize in. Most of you seem to have fighter type characters. One last thing is i am still playing around it names for the pg. The Xelios is still top of my list but is sounds a little off for what kind of group we are. Perhaps a little sophisticated, but hey, i might just be crazy.

Ravenok Kinnes
12-18-06, 06:42 PM
Aw, nuts. I hope you decide to keep the Xelios. I thought it was a perfect name for a mercenary group. Oh well, it's not like it's off the list yet. I have been hoping and waiting to create a group called the Xelios for a while(when I said it, I didn't come up with it on the spot, I had already thought up of the name).

In truth, the Xelios is the name of the mercenary group that Ravenok led(in another RP place, which means a totally different realm).

Edit: If you want my 100% honest opinion about power percentages, don't keep changing and lowering it each time someone new comes, or you'll end up having each person only having like 5% of the power. Keep yourself at a good percentage, Ingenious(30-40%) and only appoint a couple people to own a share of the rest of the power afterwards. Everyone doesn't need a share of the power. We might get a good 5-10 people in the initial quest to the fortress, so if those people split it equally then no one will be that leader-ful(not a word, I know). I say, wait till the quest is over, see who proved themselves the most, and THEN decide who gets to be a leader and who doesn't get to be. That's my two-bits, though, you others might think otherwise.

As for which PG to ally with, i'd personally choose the Peregrin Group. Mainly because it'd be the "You scratch our back, we'll scratch yours" type of thing. I don't know anything about or anyone in the IE, but I know some in the Peregrin Group. I like Rajani's previous ideas, as well, and feel that they can do more good for us than the IE can. No one has told me what the IE can even do for us, if anything, and the Peregrin Group(via Rajani) has told us what can be done for us. Again, you may not agree. In the end, I suppose it's your choice, Ingenious.

The Madd Hatter
12-20-06, 01:07 PM
I agree with Ravenok, surprisingly, on all his points.

As for my absence of activity, I've been very much sick and now I am sorrowed to say that I will be gone from the 25th of Dec til the 5th of January. If this suddenly disqualifies me from the PG quest, then I am sorry, because I have become incredibly interested in the success of this PG.

Also, I favor the Peregrin group because they have a good foundation of trusting players and their goals and efforts match our own in a queer way.

As for leadership roles, if it comes down to it, I will op out of a leadership role for the simple reason that anyone who falls under Freddy will probably go insane.

I will do my best to make one last post before I leave however, but I can't make any promises. This post was only made because I had some freetime at a school computer after finishing a project.

Ingenious
12-22-06, 09:34 PM
We have our own forums now. The link is in my sig.

Mad hatter will still be in, a little inactivity is nothing to worry about. Just find a way to explain it IC if you would.

You will all be squad leaders in the end but i think i will follow the advice given and only have two be co leaders. maybe three.

Also i will post when it comes back around to my turn.

P.S. Xelios is still the name but it isn't written in stone.

I have quit IE and have posted messages to each of the two groups advising them to come and discuss alliances.

Ingenious
12-31-06, 10:09 AM
Sorry for the double post but i am checking to see if anyone is still interested in this quest. I do realize that it is madd hatter's post if i recall correctly, but i still wanna know if people still remember/wanna be a part of this quest.

Seth_Rahl
01-05-07, 01:32 PM
I am interested in joining your power group. Will you have me?

Ingenious
01-06-07, 12:52 PM
Course. Jump in whenever. Were trying to get going again. Holidays kinda made it derail a little but as i said were trying to get goin again.

The Madd Hatter
01-08-07, 02:32 AM
go on without me. Mention my character walking off to smell roses or something, I don't care, anything that seems insane. It seems this sickness has me in chains for longer then I thought it would. I might not get to post for a while and I don't want to hold back the creation of the PG.

Vamrsh Skylare
01-08-07, 07:03 AM
It hasn't moved for sometime so I'm not sure what is going on.

Ingenious
01-08-07, 06:13 PM
Well it was the hatter's turn but it seems illness keeps him from posting. We need either ravenok or prisoner to post. IF one doesn't soon i will make the next one.

Ravenok Kinnes
01-08-07, 07:31 PM
You guys need to realize that the Holidays just ended, I was on vacation and couldn't come on for two weeks. Give people some time, including me, to get settled back into mundane life. Speaking of which, I should be close to getting back into my normal routine. I just finished a reply in the quest thread, as well.

Seth_Rahl
01-09-07, 09:23 AM
I should post soon, but I don't know when...o_0

Jahl
01-09-07, 11:39 AM
Should we reapply a posting order to keep things smooth? It seems like (well at least to me anyway) that some people may not be posting because they are not sure if they would have posted too much and would be too far ahead chronologically.

Ingenious
01-10-07, 08:27 PM
We should keep the posting order. it something like me, jahl,varmsh, hatter, ravenok, prisoner and seth gets thrown in there somewhere.

Seth_Rahl
01-12-07, 01:29 PM
Yep. Somewhere's in there.

The Madd Hatter
01-14-07, 12:39 AM
I will post on the next round, promise.

Ingenious
01-18-07, 09:42 PM
So close to getting a compy and the net. so close. once that happens i will be on more often. also im still trying to figure out how i am going to set up the pg structure. I was thinking of a rather loose collection of groups as opposed to a strict order. Any opinions.

Vamrsh Skylare
01-19-07, 10:43 AM
alright, I don't mind the wait now that I know what is happening at least.

Ingenious
02-27-07, 09:42 PM
I know it's been a good month at least, which im sorry for. I've been online fairly often compared to what i was. I wanna try and get this going again and i was curious if anyone would still be willing to continue this.

Vamrsh Skylare
02-28-07, 11:06 AM
If you don't mind me being in another PG along with this one then I'll keep going.

Ingenious
03-02-07, 05:07 PM
I don't mind. I wonder if anyone else is still interested in this though. if not, oh well. Ill just somethin else

Massacre
03-02-07, 08:02 PM
I wasn't interested due to the fact I was registered but I like the idea. Go ahead and count me in. Need to break in this character and work on my English.

Ingenious
03-02-07, 10:08 PM
Well the thread has already started but since it hasn't even made it anywhere important or even fought, you can join. Ill add you to the list, but if the others don't post within a few days, i think i will restart it.

Massacre
03-03-07, 12:02 PM
Mind putting up a link to the thread or telling me what it's called? :)

Vamrsh Skylare
03-04-07, 08:23 AM
When a plan comes togather... (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=3331)

Ingenious
03-17-07, 02:02 PM
Seems like i lost the new person. Anyway it seems jahl noticed my new post. Let's see if we can't get everyone to join back up.

Vamrsh Skylare
03-18-07, 08:23 AM
ya I was going to wait for my space in line