PDA

View Full Version : Asking for some assistance

Lorelei
04-24-17, 08:56 AM
Heya, folks. I'm looking for somebody to help me out with a relatively simple story. Lorelei will end up in a coastal town in Salvar and she'll get tangled up with some bad crowd almost immediately. I need someone to help her out with her first steps as an adventurer, preferably a character who know what's what and is not terribly young and green at the adventuring stuff (this doesn't mean they have to be at any particular level, just that the character isn't as young and green as her). The story would entail rescuing her from a bunch of thieving scum, then helping her retrieve her stuff from the local criminal milieu. It's not much of a story outline, and while I have some further ideas, we'd probably play some things by ear and see where they take us.

One thing to keep in mind is that I'm not against her getting cheated in the end, so if someone has a character prone to backstabbing people and screwing them over, I'd be up for that. In fact, it might make for an even better story. It's a hard world out there, and she needs to learn that fast.

Anyways, I'll have a thread up by the end of the day more likely than not, so if anyone's interested, post here or PM me. I'd prefer just one person for now, as I still need to get a hang of this character.

Max Dirks
04-24-17, 09:11 AM
I'm interested in bringing Dirks back as "old Dirks," a grizzled veteran with nothing to live for. Perhaps he and Lorelei could develop a Joel/Ellie type relationship. I can't guarantee ridiculously quick posting, but it would be nice to get back into the fold with the best writer Althanas has ever known :)

SirArtemis
04-24-17, 09:12 AM
I'm down. I wouldn't be backstabbing. Just doing the right thing. So if you want the complexity of betrayal, there are others haha

Lorelei
04-24-17, 05:06 PM
I'm interested in bringing Dirks back as "old Dirks," a grizzled veteran with nothing to live for. Perhaps he and Lorelei could develop a Joel/Ellie type relationship. I can't guarantee ridiculously quick posting, but it would be nice to get back into the fold with the best writer Althanas has ever known :)I wish I could get back in the fold with the best writer Althanas has ever known. Sadly, Shyam isn't around anymore. :(

Anyways, I like the Joel/Ellie idea and I don't mind a slower pace at this point. The thread is up. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?32166-Tough-Landing&p=275368#post275368) I didn't take it as far as I initially planned to, so the trouble will start in my next post. This way we both get a chance to introduce characters properly without casting them immediately into action.

I'm down. I wouldn't be backstabbing. Just doing the right thing. So if you want the complexity of betrayal, there are others haha Thanks for the offer, man, but in all my years I don't think I ever really wrote with Dirks, except in one battle in a PG war or something.

But I'm currently fiddling with a solo with Victor, and once I get that finished, I do believe he'll be ready for our thread.

SirArtemis
04-24-17, 05:07 PM
You got it hombre. And I get it, the rare appearance of a dirks writing offer is hard to pass up ;)

Max Dirks
05-08-17, 10:20 AM
Hey Letho, sorry for the delay. Work kicked my ass these past two weeks. You might have noticed I've been absent from the site as well.

I shall have a post ready for you shortly and it will be amazing.

Letho
05-08-17, 11:41 AM
No problem, man. I understand. Work can be a bitch sometimes. Take your time.

Just don't make it too amazing. I'm still rusty, and it could make me look like shit. :P

black shadow
05-08-17, 12:10 PM
WOA!!! LETHO IS BACK!! OH MY GOSH!!! ITS BEEN SO LONG!!!! ( sorry, got excited, I'll leave this thread now)