PDA

View Full Version : The Plague of Stormhope - Recruitment Thread

Hysteria
06-02-17, 03:17 AM
“Where are the caravans?!”

My day had gone to shit real quick. After a month of negotiations I had managed to set up a trading deal between the Merchant Guild in Radasanth and the mining town of Stormhope. I should have been kicking back at a bar enjoying a Corone Sunrise and playing with the little Akashima folding umbrella in my cup, and instead after only one shipment the caravans had stopped. Instead I was sitting in the officer one of the Merchant Guild’s representatives getting yelled at by a man who looked like the love child of a potato and a shaved cat.

“Well!?” he spat.

“I don-”

“You don't know! You don't know! I bloody know you don't know!”

“Then wh-”

“Because Miss Remedy Blue, because I wanted to see you say it! Now this is what is going to happen. You will go to Stormhope, you will find out why they stopped and you will start them again. Am I clear?”

I nodded.

“Y'edda’s butt!”

I paced in my room trying to work out what I was going to do. As soon as I had heard the caravan hadn't arrived I sent out a man to check it out. He had not come back, so I sent another. Then another. None had returned, a sizeable issue given they were only to be paid upon returning the information to me. That left only a few options. Robbers could have taken the caravan and the riders out en route. However it would be rare for robber to take a load of quartz as their prize. Perhaps it was something with the town itself….

I sighed and huffed in frustration. There was no choice, I had to go. The contract had an clause providing me with ongoing stipend to ‘ensure the contract is fulfilled’. A throw away line that is generally just there to ensure a steady stream of income. Now it forced me to investigate the missing caravan. But I couldn't do it alone. Well, perhaps I could have… but it wasn't wise to do it alone. I needed to hire help.

Hi All! I’m looking for three players to join me in unravelling the mystery of Stormhope. As the name has suggested, a plague has descended on the town. But a plague of what? Disease? Animals? FIDGET SPINNERS?! That's what we'll find out.

Your characters can be any alignment, but I am not looking for too much confrontation between the PCs. There will be plenty of other things to overcome. Perhaps you're going because of money, or you worry about the people of Stormhope. Perhaps, you reckon it was thieves and you want to try your sword or bow out.

I'd like people to be willing to post within three days of the previous post, which will end up being once every week and a half.

If you have any questions ask me here, or throw up your characters if you're interested!

EDIT: I should say my character is level 10, I'm happy with any character level 2 or higher :)

Eteri
06-02-17, 07:07 AM
I'd be happy to throw in Amari or Eteri, but Eteri is still level 1 and beyond being loud and obnoxious doesn't have much of a skillset :P

Josette
06-02-17, 08:34 AM
I'd like to join.

jdd2035
06-02-17, 11:33 AM
Can Cain go?

Revenant
06-02-17, 02:35 PM
You have my scythe!

Hysteria
06-03-17, 09:05 AM
Ok!

Mari, perhaps we should go with Amari for this. Josette, Cain and Rev with form number 3 and 4 of our merry troop.

Before I kick this off, can I get a quick check on what your character's motivations are for wanting to help? It'll help me set things up correcting.

EDIT: Missed jdd2035 for some reason!

jdd2035
06-03-17, 10:08 AM
The good Althanasian way for the money, for the glory and for the fun but mostly for the money.

Revenant
06-03-17, 10:20 AM
When the potential for danger exists William is always up for a spot of the ole' ultraviolence.

Hysteria
06-04-17, 08:16 AM
Hi all, thread is up: http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?32243-The-Plague-of-Stormhope

I don't mind who posts first. I'd like to keep the same post order as best we can. If you can't post within a day or two, let us know here and we can adjust to keep the momentum going. I'd like to keep up a good pace.

jdd, Rev, Josette, Mari, we'll use this as a chat thread as well. If there is anything you'd like me to change or add, let me know.

Josette and Mari, can you post your sentence or two about your character for me? I'll try and throw up a challenge / character poignant moment for you to shine.

*wonders how ultraviolet something needs to be to challenge William Arcus*

Josette
06-04-17, 08:24 AM
Josette destroyed a town. She'd like the opportunity to save one. But she's also involved with Letho's monster hunting clan (if we're abusing liquid time), so she'll include that in her motivation. In case it's a beast causing the craziness.

Revenant
06-04-17, 11:31 PM
I'll have a post up in two days. If need be I can push something out earlier but I'd rather not have to.

Revenant
06-07-17, 01:26 AM
My first post is up! Apologies for it being slightly later than I had intended. I left the possibility for an NPC open with Celeste, though she doesnt have to be a part of the thread if no one is interested.

Eteri
06-07-17, 02:45 AM
so we can post in it? :D is Eteri good to go?

Hysteria
06-07-17, 08:01 AM
I was thinking Mari would be better than Eteri, but I'll leave it up to you!

Eteri
06-07-17, 08:13 AM
I can use Amari, but Amari is very, very volatile right now. As in, not caring about anything, stabby stabby type. I suppose I could liquid time it to a point she is less ....stabby/bitchy. :D That would work.

Hysteria
06-07-17, 08:22 AM
If that's the case use Eteri. Otherwise you might not be able to explore your character as well given she already has a set 'end point' she'd be moving towards.

Hysteria
06-08-17, 06:06 PM
Just checking in on JDD and Josette, you both can post whenever.

Rayleigh
06-08-17, 06:07 PM
Thanks, Hyst. I'm moving into my new house this weekend, so I'm more or less MIA. I'll have the post Monday at the latest. Sorry for the holdup.

jdd2035
06-08-17, 08:47 PM
I'm good was kind of waiting on others.

Hysteria
06-08-17, 10:37 PM
I figured you might be!

Rev, do you want that NPC to be involved? Full warning, I tend to kill NPCs.

Revenant
06-08-17, 10:56 PM
If we want to. It'd likely make a more emotional story.

Hysteria
06-09-17, 08:01 AM
Sure, I'll introduce her in my next post. If I get a chance I'll try and get a post up.int he next two days to help cut through the effect of everyone seeming to arriving at once.

Hysteria
06-14-17, 07:29 PM
Can I get an update from Mari and Ray?

Josette
06-21-17, 02:57 PM
I'm so sorry for the delay, Hyst. I'm working on your post now. Wedding is in a couple days (thank the lord), and I'll be more available for posts after that.

Eteri
06-21-17, 10:17 PM
I am available after today

Hysteria
06-22-17, 06:18 AM
Alrightly, I'll post after you!

Revenant
06-22-17, 07:17 AM
Yay!

Hysteria
06-25-17, 09:51 PM
I've posted. Rev, can you get us moving in your post? I didn't want to jump forward in case any characters wanted to ask questions. I'd like one round of bonding before out first challenge, is everyone ok with bunnying some conversation?

Ray, you're welcome to ride beside us, or tether the horse to the cart, whatever you prefer.

Mari, you're welcome to jump in, just find a spot that fits.

jdd2035
06-25-17, 10:25 PM
I'm good with bunnying but ask about nautical nonsense first pleas lol.

Revenant
06-27-17, 01:33 AM
I'm on it, boss man.

Hysteria
06-29-17, 09:36 PM
Ray, you're up next. Can you end your post with us on route? I'll take up mine after an good distance from town.

Rayleigh
06-30-17, 07:19 AM
Be happy to!

Hysteria
07-11-17, 07:12 PM
Hey all, post is up! The attackers are ninja-like warriors. I don't plan to give them a proper name, but Remedy will call them Skulls.

They are fast matinal artists using quick weapons (swords, daggers, throwing daggers, perhaps a bow). They don't have any magic.

Remedy has placed this item next to her:

Shield Bot Model-Electric – This model is made from a modified thopter. Rather than propellers, it uses an electromagnetic field to float. Its only purpose is to deploy, at which time it splits into four parts are creates a strong magnetic field a metre wide and two metres tall. The field reflects metal sent towards it for a post before it burns through its energy reserves and collapses. Remedy has access to three of these thopters stored with her others. Once they are deployed they are destroyed.

If they jump towards the cart, the trap will detonate and create the wall.

Please feel free to fight as you wish. If the horse looks like it's in trouble Remedy will shout at you all to protect it.

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you'd like me to edit my post. Celeste is still holding the blaze bomb, if you RP her, she can use it.

jdd2035
07-13-17, 12:07 AM
Does my post work? I tried to add some comedy to it but I kind of suck at writing.

Hysteria
07-13-17, 06:28 AM
It fit perfectly with your character!

Only comment might be that these guys shouldn't be too easy to kill. But, I believe you said you hit two, but didn't mention killing them? So s'all good :p

Hysteria
07-25-17, 08:17 AM
I figured I'd post, and in hindsight I probably should have done so a bit earlier given Ray's on her honeymoon.

Rev, if you're about to emerge from the smoke in full demon-mode, feel free to have Remedy blast you with her fire. Just a note, it is angelic. I'm not sure if that'll make much of a difference? If you prefer, you can have her realise what happened (especially if you emerge with a Skull in each hand).

JDD, if you want to share Remedy's shield to shoot over, go ahead!

Ray, I bunnied you, I figured we can pick up next round.

jdd2035
07-28-17, 07:18 AM
Sorry works been busy busy. I should have something pounded out tonight or tomorrow.

jdd2035
07-30-17, 09:58 PM
I'm sorry I have not been able to post yet!

Hysteria
08-06-17, 06:27 PM
Hey all, I'm going to have up and down access over the next two and a half weeks. I may be able to post, but I wouldn't place money on it.

Revenant
08-06-17, 09:08 PM
That's alright. I've been a bit lazy in getting my post finished so this gives me more chance to slack. :p

Hysteria
08-08-17, 04:46 AM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/a999e09bd3052571d31676302ebfb197/tumblr_msmvckQLdA1rtw8b8o1_500.gif

Revenant
08-10-17, 05:53 PM
Post has been made. William has drawn the attention of and will deal with the second set if ambushers if you all want to finish off the first set.