PDA

View Full Version : Sharp and pointy objects are overrated

Krugor
11-28-06, 10:47 AM
Brainstorming as I'm typing this, so bear with me :p

I have this idea for a battle (or a battle oriented quest, if you will) floating around in my head for a while now and it's time to see if anyone is interested. The main idea is to have a fight without any of your character's original weapons or magic...but with food! Yes, a food fight.

Now, I have 2 ideas how we could get a food fight started. One includes Krugor giving a short course on cooking in the Istien University, to several interested students. These students will be both PC's and NPC's. Some of the students are truly interested in cooking, others are there just to wreak havoc upon the classroom. They have a grudge against cooking or just detest food, whatever. This results into the aformentioned food fight, because all weapons have been confiscated before entry of the room and the walls have a special ability that disables magic. The room is almost completely filled with all sorts of cooking ingredients, so that way you can still knock someone silly with a salami or choke a fellow student with a string of spaghetti.

The other idea I had involved Krugor and other PC's with him to bring supplies of food to a small town that got cut off from civilization. They are being besieged by whatever type of evil we can think of and we're needed to keep the men, women and children some food to survive before they die of hunger. But the citizens are really paranoid and don't let us in unless we leave our weapons outside. Well, of course the worst thing that can happen happens and while we're passing out the food, and making some extras, the town gets attacked. Most of the warriors are worn down by famine and the entire town is detests fighting, so don't have any weapons in stock. That's why we need to defend ourselves against a bunch of renegades with fresh vegetables and exotic fruits.

Yeah, food and cooking are a big part of Krugor's character so that's why I'm letting the stories evolve that way :)

Let me know if you're up for it and don't refrain from giving suggestions and comments! You can join as either one of the good guys helping Krugor, or be a bad guy (girl) and help mess up the class/attack the town. I understand if you guys don't like doing battle without the strengths that make your character the way he/she is, so I'll allow certain types of weapons and magical skills. You can, for instance, fire a tomato with a crossbow or impale someone with a cucumber through telekinesis...*shivers just thinking about it*:D

IBB
11-28-06, 11:00 AM
Oh, god, this is a hilarious idea! Seeing as how Dayas isn't actually much of a fighter, this idea kind of fits in an ironic kind of way. I'd so want to join in the second idea ('cause I honestly don't see Dayas as the "joining a class" kind of guy :p ).

AdventWings
11-28-06, 11:14 AM
You better be active enough to keep up with Krugor there, IBB. ;)

Storm Veritas
11-28-06, 11:15 AM
Sadly, I don't think Storm would fit this, as he's a little too serious. But I'd love to write with you when you get a chance.

And your avatar looks like a penis. Just FYI.

IBB
11-28-06, 11:29 AM
You better be active enough to keep up with Krugor there, IBB. ;)

Eheh... :o I blame Thanksgiving weekend and my finicky attention span. And Tales of the Abyss, which I spent most of the weekend playing.

Now that I'm away from that distraction, I should be good to go.

Krugor
11-28-06, 11:35 AM
Bah, this idea is totally serious :p But I understand, Stormy! I'm sure we'll find another way to do a thread.

And what's this insinuating that I'm active? I've been away for quite a time, just easing my way back into things! :)
But IBB, great to see you're interested! I hope more people will join in!

And yeah...I nicknamed my penis the 'quarterstaff of shrooms', so you're right about that Storm!

Elrundir
11-28-06, 06:54 PM
It's like a baby's arm holding a... mushroom?

The Madd Hatter
12-06-06, 06:09 PM
I'm interested Krugor, if you still have open slots. This sounds like something insane enough for the Madd Hatter to get involved with. I promise he won't summon weapons whilst inside the town, he is too gentlemenly to betray the people's trust.

I'm rooting for the second one, it sounds cheesewinkly fun!

Krugor
12-07-06, 09:11 AM
Awesome, you're in! That makes three people, the sacred number. I will start cracking out the first post asap and expect a PM when I've done so!