PDA

View Full Version : Multi accounts?

MaxBlade
11-30-06, 06:21 PM
All right I have figured out that Izivillin is Cyrus and Letho is some person don't know who? Anyway are people that aren't mods allowed to do that or only mods?

In GUA is not allowed so I was just wondering?

The Valkyrie
11-30-06, 06:29 PM
Many of us have several accounts! Some of us even make threads using multiple of our characters all interacting (never a feat I decided to risk). There is no rule to how many accounts, or who can have them. Whatever idea you have for a character, make it, and enjoy it! The more the merrier!

EDIT: For example, I have several, including Skyler Manfield - you and I are in 'Tis the Season together!

Letho
11-30-06, 06:29 PM
It's allowed. I personally have five accounts, and trying to keep them all more or less active.

EDIT: Shit, Vickie beat me to it.

Cyrus the virus
11-30-06, 06:33 PM
Make as many as you like.

I have this one, Izvilvin, Deadnight Warrior and Clyde the Rogue. I may make a new mage sometime soon.

Also, if you like, PM me when you make a new account and I can link your accounts together, so you don't need to log in and out just to switch.

The Madd Hatter
11-30-06, 06:34 PM
But if you make as many accounts as I have, 'tis frowned upon. ^^

Don't let those frowns keep you down, though!

Edit: Cyrus, are we starting a food-fad-title-frenzy?

Cyrus the virus
11-30-06, 06:42 PM
My title usually changes to whatever I'm eating while I browse Althanas.

MaxBlade
11-30-06, 06:48 PM
Hmmmm? All right then, that makes sense. I'll give it a try, when I think I have time. You're Clyde Cyrus? hahaha, that's funny, and Dead night Warrior, I like that AVY. It seemed like most of the MODS had them though.

The Madd Hatter
11-30-06, 06:55 PM
No, it is just that mostly all the Mods announce their identities on other accounts. Others have them, just maybe aren't as obvious.

Alearto
11-30-06, 06:59 PM
So, Cyrus, how does posting work when you link your accounts together? That is, how do you determine which account you're posting with if they're all logged in? 'Cause that sounds like a pretty neat idea, and I think I'll be asking you to link my three accounts together soon ;)

Vorin
11-30-06, 07:04 PM
Well, I think the reason you're a little confused Max is that on GUA you can have multiple characters on one account. On here, you can only have one character per account (not counting those profiles with multiple characters or NPCs) It's because we have a sidebar, and it makes things less confusing.

So yeah, multiple accounts for multiple characters.

MaxBlade
11-30-06, 07:14 PM
Oh, I get it, that's great becuase I have another character :P

Letho
12-01-06, 03:34 AM
So, Cyrus, how does posting work when you link your accounts together? That is, how do you determine which account you're posting with if they're all logged in? 'Cause that sounds like a pretty neat idea, and I think I'll be asking you to link my three accounts together soon ;)You get a small dropdown menu up around the CP bar where you can choose which account you want to pick and the system automatically logs you on that account.

Cyrus the virus
12-01-06, 09:37 AM
You know where it says "Welcome, ________."? There's an arrow next to it when you have profiles linked.

Dissinger
12-02-06, 02:59 AM
As confirmatin that nonmods are okayed too I got a few accounts...

Dissinger
Lavinian Pride
Liliana Ambria
Taviri Ambria
Lone Sniper
Ranger's Informant
And I got another one that will show up soon...

Slayer of the Rot
12-02-06, 03:06 AM
I have been trying to stick with Dann and Dann alone this time to try and get my writing back on track here, but I also write as Bohemia.

Jasmine
12-02-06, 03:57 AM
i have several accounts myself... Jasmine, Cassandra, Beauty, and Poison. And Cy check your PM box, i shall be PMing you in the near future. i was not aware that our accounts could be linked so we only have to sign in once.

Ther
12-02-06, 06:51 PM
I never really understood the fear Board admins have over multiple accounts. Are they afraid of being tricked? Afraid of having their databases grow large?

grim137
12-02-06, 07:05 PM
I never really understood the fear Board admins have over multiple accounts. Are they afraid of being tricked? Afraid of having their databases grow large?

I thought most board admins didn't let you have mutliple accounts because it was an unneccessary waste of server bandwidth or something.

Bearded Gnome
12-02-06, 07:17 PM
I only have two accounts. Vampiric Angel and Bearded Gnome.

galadra
12-12-06, 09:54 AM
I only have two accounts. Vampiric Angel and Bearded Gnome.

!!!

when i had quite a few accounts, i had a character that was half vampire and half angel, and sucked fruit dry.

:D

i think i shall have to call her back into existance.....

hamnat
12-12-06, 05:09 PM
^that...is somewhat....freaky...nice avie(randomness ftw!!1)

If ya wanna see a thread with multiple accounts by the same person, simply click the link in my siggy. It's the one that's ripping off C.S. Lewis(respect). Originally, I had planned for it to be a solo quest with just my accounts for Shen and Kishurin, but in the latest post, I decided not to hold Mac back(heh, it rhymes) and introduced him to Shen's story a little earlier than I had originally planned, which was one new character per thread....Im making an ongoing storyline that works a little bit like FF, LOD, and similar games(add characters to a party as the game progresses...but replace game with story).

AdventWings
12-14-06, 07:08 AM
I'm not even going to tell you how many accounts I have, mainly because I don't really have complete control over them once the Girls take over and tell me what to write...

...Uh... Yeah. Just know that I have a lot and every one of them is active to an extent. :D

Myao.

The Bard
12-14-06, 02:30 PM
I have so many characters, I don't even use them besides the Bard but I am looking for an alt to use besides the Bard so this thread is also a good opportunity for me to ask what should I do for a alt.

None So Blind
12-15-06, 01:59 AM
Watch the multi accounts! They are addicting! You just wanna make more and more... at my most active I had 23 ACTIVE characters on Althanas, and a total of 52. That was at the end of tanthanas, tho. After the first crash I only brought back a very small amount of those charries... .and made alot more.

I'm doing much better this time. I only have 4... okay 5.

galadra
12-15-06, 11:07 AM
Watch the multi accounts! They are addicting! You just wanna make more and more... at my most active I had 23 ACTIVE characters on Althanas, and a total of 52. That was at the end of tanthanas, tho. After the first crash I only brought back a very small amount of those charries... .and made alot more.

I'm doing much better this time. I only have 4... okay 5.

::pat pats on head::

it's ok.

::slips a card for MCAA.... Multiple Character Accounts Anonymous::

Seth_Rahl
12-15-06, 12:30 PM
I've had, at the most, 4 accounts. Two of which I never did anything on, although I planned to. My fav was a character I made named Leroy Shwartz, another character with a sentient sword. And I miss my original character....*tear*

Atzar
12-15-06, 02:06 PM
Y'know, it'd be interesting to have a character that is a sentient sword... I wonder what you could do with that... *thinks about it*

Little Lies
12-15-06, 02:45 PM
I think we should make a powergroup of sentient object characters. I had a map of Althanas whose name was Pedro the Possessed as a PC, and I believe there was at one time a walking talking bar of soap. I don't really remember, but it might have been one of Madison's characters?

Letho
12-15-06, 03:13 PM
While it wasn't an object, I remember an account called The Green Thing or something, and the character was a sentient plant. Never saw any rping done with it though.

grim137
12-15-06, 04:18 PM
Don't forget Sei's character that was a cactus the could play the fluit.

Serilliant
12-15-06, 05:18 PM
My very second battle on Althanas all those years ago was against a sentient tree (a treant, I think). I'm pretty sure that character was a multi of someone fairly well-known, but I don't think I ever found out who.

And who could ever forget that sentient cake we had for a little while. I can't remember anything about it except for the avatar. Strawberries. Quite haunting.

Dissinger
12-15-06, 05:39 PM
Don't forget Sei's character that was a cactus the could play the fluit.

It played We didn't Start the FIre on a japanese flute and was a Cactus Chef...we knick named it CC but its real name was

CCPWDSTFOAJF

Yes, that was the name...

I've also seen a moonwalking cupcake of DOOM!

Seth_Rahl
12-21-06, 12:27 PM
Hmm, maybe I should make a sentient blade as a character, or a sentient scythe...NOTE: THIS IDEA IS COPYRIGHTED^_^

AdventWings
12-21-06, 11:14 PM
Sorry, Seth. The Sentient Scythe has been copyrighted beforehand... By yours truly. ;)

Nah, I joke. I did have a scythe wielder back before the latest crash... He has yet to show his face around here again, though...

Hana
12-21-06, 11:52 PM
I'm gonna be trying out that linked accounts thing, too...it would be pretty useful.

My accounts are Empyrean, Hana, and Rabhya, although the last one has been almost entirely neglected. But not for long. Bwuahaha.

There should be some official thread somewhere with everyone's complete list of accounts...sometimes I can't remember who the hell has what and who is who. :)