PDA

View Full Version : Come here you!

Ingenious
12-01-06, 02:31 PM
This way i can get responses and attention from those of importance that can answer my questions and stuff.

Getting down to business. I plan on making a PG rather soon and I have delusions of granduer to say the least. This has two questions to it so let me begin.

First and foremost is I wanna have a smithy for my PG that would lower prices for things bought by members by a small percentile, say 5-10%. Is there anyway to incorporate this into my PG.

Secondly with just as much of importance as the first is, I also want to have a bulletin sort of like each continent has that has missions for rewards and reputation, which would be logical considering this will be a mercenary pg. Again, is there anyway to incorporate this into my PG as well.

The Madd Hatter
12-01-06, 04:38 PM
Bulliten is easy, I think. You will have to do something special to get your other smithy, unless a player joins who is a smith.

Atzar
12-01-06, 04:52 PM
Eh, at the very worst you could create another character who specializes in craftsmanship. Start him out with smithing, as that's obviously going to be the most lucrative and useful skill, but as he goes on you could give him carpentry, mechanics, tailoring and perhaps even enchantment. Just have him be your all-around utility guy.

Reiko
12-01-06, 04:56 PM
1: You might be able to work out a deal with a continent writer and work out a deal where you can earn a member discount at a certain region. And if you manage to score a lot of money, you can make a player run store where your members can get a discount and other people can use but that will probably be awhile.

2: This will be much easier to do, especially if the reputation is within the PG. You can easily have a quest bulletin that members can use. Also considering most the quest bulletins for the regions are inactive lately it could be a good draw to join.

Ingenious
12-01-06, 06:48 PM
How would i do the money for the quests? I don't have that kind of gold.

Cyrus the virus
12-01-06, 06:57 PM
The discount may be a problem. We had (what I perceive as) an issue with an old PG that used to be here, where a bunch of guys ended up with a whole assload of gold. That doesn't sound like what you're planning, I know.

I can see a discount type thing going down if YOU yourself buy the items, then sell them to characters for a bit less than you bought them for. Not good for personal business, but yeah.

The problem with discounts is that it's unfair to those not in your PG. Thus they wouldn't be easy to obtain. I could speculate a whole bunch on how you could obtain this kind of thing, but it's not really my place.

Ingenious
12-01-06, 07:42 PM
How big was the discount of theirs though? In addition the PG prolly won't have requirements like the other one, or at least alot looser ones. Which would allow people to join for the discount along with the missions.

Discount from bazaar alone aside, if we built a character to create items, would we be allowed to use it to make items for the PG at a cost that is less than the bazaar. Perhaps a solo or mini quest rping the creation of the items.

also should any of you in this thread be interested in joining the PG, i will soon have a thread up for a quest leading into the creation of the PG. You can check out the sign ups in the roleplaying corner forum, the thread is called "a simple quest".

Atzar
12-01-06, 08:12 PM
Cyrus's worry is that this armorer, along with anyone else that gets a cut of the profits, will become amazingly rich. In addition, members of the PG would grow to have an unfair advantage over everyone else because they would be able to buy equipment at a lower price.

The first one, I think, could be solved fairly easily. The government is always taking our hard-earned money, right? Well, let them solve your problem for you. Make it so the Corone government (that's where you plan to base this, correct?) levies a tax on your guild, taking some amount of your profit as their own. The amount that the PG is taxed would be between you and whoever approves the PG, I suppose.

And the second, I don't view as much of a problem. The PG's, in my opinion, should give bonuses to their members, and a (reasonable) discount on equipment would be a good one. Granted, we're not talking 30% here; more like 5%, enough to be a welcome benefit but not enough to throw off the economic balance of Althanas.

Max Dirks
12-01-06, 09:10 PM
You could, of course, attempt to take control of the Bazaar trading routes. I do recall that Ithermoss was successful in doing so and the Red Hand gained perpetual control over the market until their demise. Don't suspect that it will be easy though.

This is all IC mind you, and is the reason why the bazaar is ran like it is.

Cyrus the virus
12-01-06, 09:40 PM
I'd be interested in either fighting against, or for, the Bazaar, were such a thing to occur. Likely for.

Personally, I dislike anything that affects something as fundamental to Althanas' world as buying new items. We already award sweet stuff as spoils, and the Bazaar's hardly used as it is.

Someone could already solo to get an item without paying any gold, so I don't know how well that idea would work.

Don't mind me, though. Just because I dislike the concept doesn't mean you can't do it.

Ingenious
12-09-06, 06:50 PM
Perhaps a mutual agreement sort of like the corone government idea provided compliments of aztar. We could give up x amount of gold and members of the pg get about a 5% discount at the bazaar.

Talon
12-09-06, 07:47 PM
The whole bazaar war can't work now. Every region basically has some kind of bazaar location, and if you were really clever, you could roleplay yourself going to a small specialty shop for the item, without ever reaching a blockade.

On topic though, a PG tax of that kind could work I suppose.

Ingenious
12-09-06, 08:47 PM
It could if you just take over one nearby the PG. But i figure coughing up gold would be alot easier than trying to take over, well at least at the expense of the moment. Keep the ideas a rollin'.

Cyrus the virus
12-10-06, 05:43 AM
The only big obstacle you have is having an IC reason for getting that discount. Just being a PG centered around a bazaar probably won't work. You'll have to earn it, heheh.

I would imagine your PG could earn a 1% discount for each quest it completes that takes a step toward the ultimate goal, to a maximum of 5 or 10. This is something that would need to be discussed between you and Ashiakin, I imagine.