PDA

View Full Version : .Hack//G.U.

MetalDrago
12-04-06, 08:32 PM
Has anyone played this game? If so, I have one small question for you concerning the actual gameplay, if you have gotten this far...

Why do they cap you at level 50?!

MadGoblin
12-05-06, 11:30 AM
I think it's gaming tradition. Unless I'm mistaken, most MUDs cut off at lvl 50, too. I'm pretty sure a lot of the modern MMOs take up this trait as well.

I guess they decided it keeps people from being too powerful for cases of PKing.

That, and they hate the number 51. It knows what it did.

MetalDrago
12-05-06, 05:34 PM
That's not the real point of the game... It caps you at level fifty, but close to the beginning of the game, your character is known as 'The Terror of Death', a legendary PKK (Player-Killer-Killer) named Haseo.... Before getting Data Drained, he's at level 133...

Elrundir
12-05-06, 07:55 PM
I think it's more appropriate to say this is .hack// tradition. Remember INFECTION? I'm pretty sure the cap was 50 in that game too (or at least it was a soft cap if nothing else, it's been years since I played it), and the level cap was increased in later games in the series - and yes, .hack//G.U. is a multi-part game as well.

MetalDrago
12-06-06, 04:39 PM
I kinda forgot to mention that I know it's a multi-part game, but in .Hack//Infection, I was able to go as high as level 99, weird as it may sound...

Elrundir
12-07-06, 07:22 AM
Really? Well, it has been years and years since I played that game. ^^;; I guess I just forgot. Either that or I didn't have the patience/inclination to bother getting it higher than 50.

MetalDrago
12-07-06, 06:20 PM
Perhaps, but while waiting for the next one to come out (January is my best guess) I'm spending my time unlocking everything.... I've done every little thing I could so far, except fill the Book of 1000... Man I hate that thing

Seth_Rahl
12-13-06, 03:40 PM
I want to get the game really bad. So, the scene where Haseo has that really cool outfit when he fights Azure Kite...That's in the beginning of the game?

MetalDrago
12-13-06, 08:43 PM
You get that at the Level 133 Haseo, but then he gets Data Drained, and it turns out you never even get to use the Black Armor

Seth_Rahl
12-15-06, 11:35 AM
Ah, that's what I thought. Its just that I saw that scene and I thought it was later in the game because he already had his giant sword and scythe. I guess you can use the black armor later in the series, but it sucks you can't use it now. Damn.