PDA

View Full Version : Magicians Needed

Rajani Aishwara
12-05-06, 09:45 AM
After searching every library in Althanas, Rajani has come to a startling realization. Besides Istien University, there is no prominent formal institution of magic. No one place famous enough to attract an ecclectic round of magicins, which is why he intends on creating the International Magician's Congregation, a place where magicians of all disciplines discuss, debate, and teach other magicians.

That is why I need magician players to play as themselves and to fill the place up with NPC's. We will have arcane sparing, friendly showdowns of magic, but not much else in the way of combat. I don't have the thread up yet because I need some names for my first post.

Atzar
12-05-06, 09:47 AM
I'm in... we've already talked about this over AIM, I think it's an excellent idea.

Rajani Aishwara
12-05-06, 12:00 PM
Very well. I'd like to have at least one more join.

Séreméla
12-05-06, 12:31 PM
You may have my name good sir

MaxBlade
12-05-06, 12:42 PM
Me too! My friend.

Rajani Aishwara
12-05-06, 12:56 PM
So be it. I'll have the thread up soon.

Rajani Aishwara
12-05-06, 01:50 PM
Here it be. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=42755#post42755)

Ravenok Kinnes
12-05-06, 01:56 PM
Awww... You don't want the Chi-Monk Ravenok anymore?

Rajani Aishwara
12-05-06, 01:59 PM
You didn't seem like you wanted to, or like your character was willing to participate, but if you would like to you can make an appearance.

Ravenok Kinnes
12-05-06, 02:35 PM
Hehe... I was only kidding. Ravenok isn't magicians material.

Séreméla
12-06-06, 07:06 PM
K I posted, who's next? lol

Atzar
12-06-06, 07:23 PM
I just threw mine up... now and in the future, I approve all bunnying within reasonable limits. So, if you need my character to say something or what not to advance the plot, by all means do so.

MetalDrago
12-06-06, 09:24 PM
No room for someone who dabbles in elemental Fire magic to pop in, is there?

Rajani Aishwara
12-06-06, 09:49 PM
It looks like it'll be a little crowded right now. Could we pick your character up when we dock in Raiaera?

Chidori Draconid
12-07-06, 03:20 PM
Would you mind picking me up at Raiaera as well? My character already knows a bit of song magic.

Séreméla
12-07-06, 03:48 PM
Looks like you might have gotten more than you bargained for Rajani, with just the people here we have promise to become very powerful...heh

Atzar
12-07-06, 04:17 PM
hahaha... this definitely won't prove to be a short quest, that's for sure.

EDIT: Shit, I spelled your name wrong in my sig... *goes to fix*

Séreméla
12-07-06, 04:31 PM
teehee you probably won't be able to do the accents, just copy and paste it. That's what I do lol

Rajani Aishwara
12-07-06, 05:34 PM
Looks like you might have gotten more than you bargained for Rajani, with just the people here we have promise to become very powerful...hehHa. It looks very much like it. With this large pool of participants I guess I'm going to have to reorganize things a bit. Here's my plan so far.

After Rajani convinces Atzar and Seremela to join in the Congregation, he'll send his crew members to go out and gather more magicians from Radasanth. They will come in the form of NPC's which the three of us will create. They will then head to Raiaera, and while out to sea we will do the, discussing, debating, teaching, learning, and arcane sparing. Then we'll dock at Anebrilith where we'll do the same thing, pick up Chidori Draconid and his lot of NPC's, and we'll head to sea again. Everyone will have the oppertunity to exit the quest every time we dock. I'll allow one player to join every time we dock. If no one volunteers for the next region we'll promptly end the quest. We don't necessarily have to arrive at these regions in order, so don't let that affect where you want ot be picked up. Metal Drago and Max Blade let me know where you want to be picked up.

Raiaera: Chidori Draconid
Alerar:
Salvar: MetalDrago Scorpio
Tular:
Fallien:
Istraloth (if it's open):

I might even have to split this up into several threads to assure we get our proper spoils.

MetalDrago
12-07-06, 06:18 PM
Go ahead and pick me up in Raiaera... MetalDrago was heading that way in a quest eventually, anyway

Atzar
12-07-06, 06:20 PM
I think Rajani was planning to add one more person at every continent... is there any other place you wouldn't mind joining from?

MetalDrago
12-07-06, 06:21 PM
Salvar, since MD is spending more time there than anywhere else at the moment

Rajani Aishwara
12-07-06, 09:02 PM
So be it. We'll pick you up in Salvar. It'll be a while, so be patient with us.

MetalDrago
12-08-06, 06:51 PM
I have more than enough patience to wait... I just want to be active again

Séreméla
12-10-06, 11:59 PM
Yeah I know I am taking a bit, sorry I've been working and getting ready for finals all week. I will post tomorrow if that is fine with you. Sorry for the wait

Zook Murnig
12-11-06, 10:22 AM
Name: Gavrila Endora
Race: Human
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 116 lb.

Character Level: Treat as Caduceus'. The two characters are meant to be equals in their respective areas of expertise.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/298/9/b/Dark_Beauty_by_Flex_Flex.jpg

Appearance: Gavrila is a thin, pale girl with long dark russet hair, usually pulled back in a ponytail. Her eyes are a stormy grey. She usually dresses in dark blues, greens, and browns, wearing high-belted breeches and long-sleeved tunics. She can sometimes be seen in her dark grey cloak, when the weather is chill or wet.

Skills:

Combat

Swordplay Gavrila is above average in swordsmanship and knows her way around a short sword.

Sword Arts

Psychic Conduit Gavrila can use her blade as a conduit for any psychic attack she has available to her, so long as she makes contact with her target.

Disruptive Strike Gavrila may, upon striking her foe's weapon, cause it to vibrate violently. In less than skilled users, this may cause them to drop their weapon. In those with experience, their aim is, at worst, slightly impaired.

Psychic Arts

Sensitivity Gavrila can reach out with her senses to find psychic impressions within fifty feet of her. She may use this to locate an individual, or to learn about an area. This is her primary means of targeting with psychic attacks, aside from Psychic Conduit, above. Her sensitivity may be confused, however, when in an area heavily populated by people with strong emotions, or surrounded by magic and magical effects, meaning that in large-scale battles she can only rely on this at smaller ranges or with regards to powerful psychic impressions.

Psychometry As an additional skill related to her sensitivity, Gavrila has been trained in psychometry, or the attainment of knowledge and/or memories related to a person through contact with an object the person in question has been in contact with. The greater the contact, the greater the knowledge or memories.

Delving Gavrila can, through maintained skin-to-skin contact, reach into the mind of another. This is not as simple as reading or listening to their thoughts, but obtaining a sense of who that person is, and flashes of memory and knowledge. She can, with effort, guide the flashes to certain subjects, but never directly to specific details. The more intimate the contact, the more in-depth and controlled the delve. Alternately, she may delve to impart knowledge or memories of her own, though this is more difficult.

Psychic Barrage Currently Gavrila's only form of attack magic, she projects powerful emotions upon the target, either through her Sensitivity or Psychic Conduit, confusing and dazing her enemy. This can result in immense pain, lasting headaches, loss of control of one's emotions, or any number of other reactions, each unique to the individual experiencing it. As strong as this is, however, it comes at a cost. Gavrila uses her mental strength and will to make these assaults, and as such cannot perform them endlessly. With each attempt, she grows weary, and eventually collapses under the strain after five attacks.

Equipment:

Weapons:

Will's Edge Gavrila's short sword, a simple blade of steel with an enchantment laid upon it to cut not only to the flesh, but to the psyche of her enemies. Once per day, she may use the enchantment within the blade in a focused burst of thought to scramble the mind of a target it cuts temporarily. The duration of the scrambling is subject to the level of the target compared to her level (see Character Level note above). At the same level, it generally scrambles for a period of approximately ten seconds, with higher and lower levelled targets having shorter and longer durations respectively according to the difference in levels. This effect is specifically harmful to users of magic and psychic powers, as it will not only stun them, like it will with the non-gifted, but render them incapable of using their gifts for a period equal to the original scrambling, starting when they are no longer stunned.

Rajani Aishwara
12-11-06, 11:03 AM
Where would you like to be picked up, Zook?

Zook Murnig
12-11-06, 12:03 PM
Well, I understand that you've picked up all you can from Corone at the moment, so, unless you can take one more from there, I'll wait a while and join up, paying the fee. Besides, Caduceus isn't approved yet, so he couldn't jump in until a mod does so.

Rajani Aishwara
12-11-06, 07:38 PM
You can't just jump in any time you know. We're only picking up one player per continent, and Salvar and Raiaera are already taken.

Zook Murnig
12-11-06, 09:28 PM
I apologize for the trouble, then. I will see about joining at the next available opportunity. I'm still not used to the way these boards work, being from GUA's Divine Salvation most recently. I'm still getting used to the comparative freedom of Althanas. I'll try to keep my eyes open for an opportunity, however.

EDIT: I think I'll be picked up in Alerar. I, like Atzar, also agree to any bunnying within reason to keep things going and such. Once I get approval from you to join in, Raj, I'll make my post.

Rajani Aishwara
12-11-06, 10:14 PM
I'm not asking you to jump in as soon as you find the oppertunity. I'm sorry I didn't make it clear, so I'll repeat it from the second page.

After Rajani convinces Atzar and Seremela to join in the Congregation, he'll send his crew members to go out and gather more magicians from Radasanth. They will come in the form of NPC's which the three of us will create. They will then head to Raiaera, and while out to sea we will do the, discussing, debating, teaching, learning, and arcane sparing. Then we'll dock at Anebrilith where we'll do the same thing, pick up Chidori Draconid and his lot of NPC's, and we'll head to sea again. Everyone will have the oppertunity to exit the quest every time we dock. I'll allow one player to join every time we dock. If no one volunteers for the next region we'll promptly end the quest. We don't necessarily have to arrive at these regions in order, so don't let that affect where you want ot be picked up. Metal Drago and Max Blade let me know where you want to be picked up.

Scara Brae: Shenjara Flamespire
Raiaera: Chidori Draconid
Alerar: Zook Murnig
Salvar: MetalDrago Scorpio
Tular:
Fallien: Lillien Sesthal
Istraloth (if it's open):

I might even have to split this up into several threads to assure we get our proper spoils.

PS - This is NOT the way a standard quest on Althanas works. What we're doing is WAY more complicated. You may want to get into a standard quest to see how things work before you jump into this one. You can still reserve a spot to be picked up right now and have the time to get used to things around here because it'll take quite a while to pick you up.

Zook Murnig
12-11-06, 10:48 PM
All the same, I'm in. I've familiarized myself with Althanas enough that I think I can handle it. I'll keep an eye on this quest to know when you get to Alerar.

MetalDrago
12-12-06, 03:48 PM
You know what? Just choose a port in Salvar, throw a dart. MD is never in the same place too often, so, with the benefits of having not been here for awhile, I can be anywhere, or nowhere... Oooh... Spooky.... Sorry, had to say it...

Ataraxis
12-12-06, 06:25 PM
If possible, I would like to have my still-unborn character join in from Fallien. She is conveniently located in the Outlander's Quarters; therefore, you will not required to quest for an exit pass!

I shall have my character posted for registration sometime tonight, or in the morn, tomorrow!

Rajani Aishwara
12-13-06, 11:12 AM
So be it.

Ataraxis
12-13-06, 11:58 AM
I thank you. I'll be keeping track of the quest until your group makes a stop to the OQ.

hamnat
12-13-06, 02:07 PM
Question to Rajani: Do you count Scara Brae as a continent? If so, my next question would be: Will you ever be near Scara Brae, or be sending anyone there?

Reason I ask is that I want a believable storyline for my characters, and I also would like to join your Magician's Council/Convention/Collusion or anyother meeting words starting with C.

Shenjara would jump many feet in the air at such a proposition, and would need Kishurin's assistance to return to the ground safely. Besides, a chance to learn something new is always a good incentive for any real mage, wizard, magician, or any other arcane spell caster, especially when one of those things could potentially be new spells.

Rajani Aishwara
12-13-06, 02:11 PM
I'll add Scara Brae for you.

hamnat
12-13-06, 02:27 PM
Yay! Articulate speech is victorious once again!:) In other words, thanks alot!:D

One more question though: How am I to join the group? Will someone be coming for me?(another messanger) Or will the Peregrine be stopping by the scarabrian ferry?

Rajani Aishwara
12-13-06, 02:40 PM
Whichever's good with you.

hamnat
12-13-06, 02:55 PM
Hmmm...I think It would work best for my character if I combined the two ideas. It would consist of a messanger and on the message, it would have the invitation, as well as a relative date for which to arrive at the docks for pick up.

I think I'll wrap the message into the "Brokenthorn Lumber, Inc." quest. She'll get the message as she's reading the notice saying that Brokenthorn forest would be subject to mass forestry, and just blow it off until later. Do you think 3 weeks IC time would be too long? Or should I just make another coexistive thread?

hamnat
12-17-06, 08:52 AM
Hello? anybody have the answer to my question?