PDA

View Full Version : new weapons

Séreméla
12-11-06, 01:32 AM
Séreméla walked in to the Scara Brae’s main weapon shop. A few young warriors were scattered about the large room searching for their first battle weapons. She knew most of the items here would be beginner weapons, but she hoped she’d find a gem somewhere in here. She casually browsed by the swords and shields on the wall then came to the archery section.

Her fingers brushed over the strings of the many bows, feeling each pluck and grading the bows as she went along. She stopped at a small wall of cross bows. She had always wanted one, but her father being such a great archer always called them stupid because they required little skill. But father isn’t here now is he? She thought laughing to herself. She found two small cross bows with arm straps made of basic leather. Séreméla’s curiosity got the best of her as she placed them on both of her arms and strapped them on. She placed her pointer fingers on the small ring-shaped triggers under both of the mini cross bows and pulled them forward. A small chamber on the top rotated and the string released allowing a single wooden arrow from both of the bows to shoot out like lightning and stick into a nearby wall.

“Cool…” Were the only words from her mouth as she pulled the trigger again watching the chamber rotate and release another pair of arrows into the wall. She walked up to the wall and pulled out the four bolts then tinkered around with the chambers and found a button that popped them up revealing eight slots to load in the bolts. She replaced the four bolts then pushed the chambers back down and looked back at the counter where she found them. On the counter beside the now vacant spots were four more chambers that each held eight bolts. She picked them up and quickly went to the front desk placing the chambers and mini crossbows down.

She hoped the ulder wooden weapons wouldn’t cost too much for her. But she knew she still had a few things she knew might help her get her price.

"Excuse me sir, how much for these?" She asked in a sweet and innocent voice.

((two mini ulder cross bows with basic leather straps that wrap around allowing the user to have free hands if needed. each chamber moves sort of like a revolver. Once the string is released it automatically resets allowing for a semi-automatic single-handed crossbow. wooden bolts are still considered mini arrows as they still have a sharpened point and small feathers allowing them to stay on a somewhat straight path. They are made of yew. All of the chambers are made of iron, there are 6 chambers in all (including the two on the guns already) Each are already filled with eight bolts/arrows.))

AdventWings
12-11-06, 04:32 AM
Ugh... I hate it when they do that...

Malachi groaned as he witnessed the wall of his shop turn into a pin cushion as the dark-hair lady started firing the miniature crossbows, the bodkin-tipped bolts punching into the store's oak walls. He was seriously considering on adding a testing range for these projectile weapons now more than ever.

The gruff store owner glanced over the two scaled-down mechanical bows, mumbling to himself about the make and the price. It was not of great quality, fairly average in design and durability.

He quickly noted it down on paper and turned to his customer who tried her best to look "sweet."

"The mini Cho-Ko-Nus costs 3,500 gold pieces each, miss. As for the magazines, they cost 20 pieces each. If you plan on getting all of those, they cost 7,120 total. Mind you, these are not the best quality Cho-Ko-Nus we have, but the heavy price is for the wood quality and the mechanical parts. Besides, we don't get these everyday ever since the conflict over in Alerar."

Séreméla
12-11-06, 04:38 PM
7,120 gold pieces! She thought to herself. She knew they were going to be high, but hoped they would have been lower than that. She felt the somewhat heavy money sack she carried and knew she only had alittle over 500 gold pieces.

She pulled out the small ruby (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=3136) and placed it on the counter, hoping this would sway the cost even for just one of them.

She gazed into the shop keeps eyes with her own bright blue eyes and fluttered her lashes a little. "Maybe this little gem could help bring the price down to a more affordable one for a lonely, single girl like myself?"

AdventWings
12-12-06, 04:18 AM
Malachi nodded calmly as he inspected the chipped ruby, trying to come up with a good price for the gem while also keeping a good margin for some profit. Times were hard now that war was rumored to break out in Alerar and Raiaera. And with Corone in turmoil over the two assassinated big wigs in the Capital, things were bound to get expensive.

"Alright, lass. I'll take that gem of yours for 400 pieces." He muttered nonchalantly, thumbing the shard of ruby. "But that still leaves you with 6,720 pieces, girl."

"Malachi!"

An ear-splitting scream blasted from behind the deary-eyed merchant, startling him clear out of his seat from where he was behind the counter. The man meekly turned around to meet a red-faced lady with wavy brown hair reaching all the way down to the middle of her back.

"Did I hear you're charging this young lady over 7 thousand pieces for those two mini Cho-Ko-Nus?" The cross-eyed lady glared at her husband as if she was about to eat him alive, getting only a frightened nod in response.

"That's it! No more clerk duty for you, Mister!" She hollered and sent the man running to the back room, shouting after him that he can only take care of stocking the wares from now on.

"I'm terribly sorry for the misunderstanding, miss." Elaina apologized to her customer who was probably frightened out of her wits by the harsh display only a second ago. "My husband is a money hog and I never should have let him tend the cashier. Now, about those Cho-Ko-Nus..."

She glanced over them quickly and tallied up the prices, making sure to double check them before announcing the price to her customer.

"OK, these Ulder Cho-Ko-Nus are both worth 900 gold pieces each. The bolt magazines are only 20 for each and they all cost 1,920 pieces for the full set. Or you can go with only one of these and five magazines for a total of 40 bolts. That will come to only 1,000 pieces total. As for that small ruby, I will gladly take it for 500 gold pieces max. Is that fine with you, miss?"

Séreméla
12-12-06, 04:12 PM
Séreméla was startled at the loud voice of the clerk's wife. She felt sort of bad for getting the man in trouble, but was very glad that this lady knew more so how to run a shop.

"You say 1,000 pieces total eh?" She thought long and hard and then figured she would try one more thing.

She pulled off her own bow and quiver of thirty steel-tip arrows and placed them on the counter. "Would it be possible to take both Cho-Ko-Nus and six magazines for my elven yew bow and arrows with steel tips and 500 gold, and the ruby?" She was afraid she might be pressing her luck with the helpful lady, but she knew that whatever she would be facing in the Liviol Sanctum, she would need a quicker weapon than her own bow.

AdventWings
12-13-06, 02:53 AM
"Elven yew bow, you say?"

Elaina eyed the rather plain-looking bow intently, making sure it was truly an Elven bow and not just some human-crafted lookalike. Sure enough, the flexible and elegant, yet surprisingly powerful bow was Elven-made. The steel broadheads were alright for the most parts but she doubted there will be enough to cover most of the cost for the self-loading crossbows.

"Alright, I'll take the bow and arrows for a total of 120 pieces. Along with the ruby, that comes to 620 gold pieces in store credits. That leaves you with 1,300 gold pieces to pay, dear. So I'm afraid 500 pieces just won't be enough to cover it."

Elaina shook her head in disdain at her customer, realizing that the pricing may have been a bit too high for her to afford. Paying for everything at once was always taxing on the buyer's pockets, but there existed another way to pay...

"How about you take them for now and come back here to pay them off regularly, miss?" The store owner smiled as a thought popped into her mind. "You can pay them off in intervals of 400 pieces each time you visit my store for a total of 4 intervals? You have to understand the need to charge you extra, dear."

That was certainly one way for both parties to benefit. The customer would receive her crossbows while Elaina would keep her business running clear above the Red Zone. Either that or the customer could go with the offer she mentioned earlier to which the current request would be more than enough to cover the price.

Séreméla
12-14-06, 11:45 PM
Séreméla looked at the lady then smiled and nodded. "I'd like that very much, thank you for this. Just for your trust in me, I will bring you back a few pieces of liviol wood when I come back from my journey." She picked up her new weapons and walked out of the door with a smile on her face.

AdventWings
12-15-06, 05:17 AM
"Thanks for coming. Do visit us again." Elaina smiled warmly at her departing customer, placing the gem, the Elven bow and its arrows in a safe place behind the counter. The girl had only 1,300 pieces more to pay and with the possibility of obtaining liviol as well, the merchant may find more generosity within her heart to lower the price just a bit more.

She seems like a good lass. I don't think she would skip out on her payment anytime soon. After all... There's always that "Recall" enchantment we have on those items...

Elaina shrugged light-heartedly and returned to checking on the store front, knowing well in her heart that she could call back the items anytime that she suspected the customer was not being honest. It was one way of keeping dishonest hands well away from her wares.

- - -

<<Please make a link in your profile to this transaction thread>>

((Séreméla loses her Elven Yew Bow, all her steel-tipped arrows and the chipped ruby she received from a quest completed prior to this purchase.

Séreméla needs to return to this store every once and a while to pay off 400 GP for the remaining cost for 4 visits, coming to a total of 1,600 GP before this transaction is completed. A notice will be given from time to time to the user account by me. Failure to comply may result in the weapons being withdrawn from your property and returned to the store where you will be obligated to pay for the remaining cost in full.

This transaction thread will remain open until all due payment has been met by Séreméla.))

thorn aldsmith
06-16-07, 12:35 AM
Thorn walks in to the weapon shop and stands in the doorway for a moment, staggered by the amount of weapons here.

he looks around and seeing the wavy haired lady he lowers his eyes, shyly. "i'm er... looking for...er a new staff" he says stuttering somewhat!

AdventWings
06-16-07, 12:59 AM
"Oh, hello there!"

Elaina beamed as the scaly youth entered through the doorway, her eyes roaming curiously at his stature and complexion. There were not many of [i]his[/i kind around these parts, but she was not too unfamiliar with the oddity. After all, Scara Brae always had some sort of misfits walking around from time to time.

"Now, don't be shy." She gave him a smile, trying to draw him in with her warm smile. "What kind of staff are you looking for, sir? Oak, yew, or maybe something metallic? We have a good selection for you to choose from right over there by the far wall. If you find one that you like, bring it here and I'll appraise it for you."

thorn aldsmith
06-16-07, 06:08 PM
he doesn't say anything for a moment then lifts his head up to look to the selection of staffs "i..i was looking for a metal one like this" he holds up a well used slightly rusted iron staff. "but maybe something that doesn't rust?"

AdventWings
06-19-07, 12:41 AM
The merchantess eyed the pole of red iron curiously, noting its simplistic design and weathered shell. Indeed, the staff had seen some good share of rough times and it was no wonder how the weapon came to be in such a state.

"Aye, that'll be a bit tough on the budget if ye want something that don't rust." Elaina sighed as she straightened herself, eyeing the shelves and stacks of wooden quarterstaves by the far wall. "Most of what I have here are either wooden or steel. Gettin' metal staves that don't rust... Aye, that'd be tricky."

She had never heard of a metal staff, or anything metal for that matter, that doesn't rust. Metal objects rust, that was what she had always believed and had always saw. Was there such a thing as a never-rusting metal?

"No, I don't think I can help ya with that. The next best thing would be an oak or teak staff, or you could go with the steel ones and take good care of it. If it's well-treated, I reckoned it won't rust for a good time."

That was all she could help with.

Although having a not-rusting metal would be kinda nice...

thorn aldsmith
06-22-07, 07:12 PM
he looked at the steel staffs lined up. "how much are the steel staffs? And do you also sell the equipment to maintain it? And how much would it come to altogether?" he said, now feeling more embarrassed than when he walked in. He like he, the merchantess was nice, friendly, helpful and pretty he thought to himself. Making himself blush!

AdventWings
06-23-07, 08:00 AM
Elaina nodded as she listened to her customer's wishes, smiling heartfully from knowing that there are people who still care about maintaining their equipments.

"For a long staff staff of your average human-forged quality, they will cost you 30 gold pieces each. As for the maintenance equipments... " The storekeeper reached into the lower shelves behind the counter and brought out a flask and towel. "Oil them every other day or when you have to get it wet, depending on how often you plan on usin' it. That'll cost you another 8 pieces, coming to a total of 38 pieces. So, how'bout it?"

thorn aldsmith
06-23-07, 06:16 PM
"Human forged" He smiles "Do you have any better?" he asks whilst looking to the oils "And do you have any more of these? because i do use it a lot" he says proudly.

AdventWings
06-24-07, 02:54 PM
Elaina could not help but let out a satisfied chuckle, seeing the young lizardman suddenly become excited about purchasing her wares. Digging through a few lists attached behind the counter, she pointed out some of the staves nearby.

"Aye, those over there are dwarven-forged. Strong, sturdy and a good deal heavier than human-made ones. A bit more expensive, too, since we don't have that many dwarves running blacksmiths around Scara Brae. They be 32 gold a piece, 60 pieces if you buy two of the same type. As for the oil..."

Reaching behind her counter once more, the lady produced more tiny flasks filled with oil, each carrying about 8 cups each.

"How much more do ya need? Costs 6 gold pieces a flask, just so you know."

thorn aldsmith
06-24-07, 06:27 PM
"Hmmm" he stood thinking for a moment. he picked up the dwaven made staff it felt good, not to heavy but enough weight to pack a bit more of a punch than his iron one. Stepping back from the shelf he spins the staff around him effortlessly, smiling as he did. "I like it" he proclaimed but she could probably already tell. "I think I should take a few flasks of oil, too. So four plus a staff, I don't think I’ll need two. That’s..." He thought for a second trying to work out the value 32 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 6 = Er "54 er no 56?" he asked unsure of himself.

AdventWings
06-25-07, 05:30 AM
"Fifty-eight gold pieces, sir." She let out a soft chuckle, placing the items onto the counter for the young adventurer to see.

"Thirty-two for the Dwarven Staff, twenty-four for the four flasks of oil and two for the oiling rag." Elaina then bundled the items together within a small canvas sack so the customer could carry them without too much problem. "You wouldn't want to oil them using bare hands, aye? Don't worry, that sack's on me."

Smiling affectionately at the youth, Elaina could not help but think about her own son who left home to see the wide, wide world. The two of them were quite alike in a lot of aspects - naivety, humility and cheerfulness. But, no. This one here was not really her son. A bit too old to adopt, anyway.

"So, is there anything else you'd like, or would that be all for now?"

thorn aldsmith
06-27-07, 09:48 AM
Smiling at his new purchases he thinks for a second "Er... i don't think so." He heads to the door and stops "A magic shop please, er sorry directions to a magic shop please?"

AdventWings
06-27-07, 10:23 AM
"That'll be three doors towards the center of the Bazaar, on the far right of the first small alley. It's called Elzir's Keep. Ya can't miss that blue fairy sign, ya know."

Taking the payment from her young customer, Elaina continued with her usual duty behind the store counter as new people arrive looking to buy her wares.

(( Transaction Completed.

58 GP spend in the Central Sword. 200 (242) remaining for purchase. 75 EXP gained from IC interaction.

This thread will remain opened until Seremela completes her payment for the mini-chokonu purchases.))