PDA

View Full Version : Are you an Entrepreneur?

Xalstad
12-12-06, 10:10 AM
If so, then join the Illicit Entrepreneurs.

The Illicit Entrepreneurs (“IE”) are a loose association of striving businessmen and women with one common goal: making as much money as possible. While many of the IE’s current fronts are legitimate, the backbone of the group consists of former bandits, thieves, criminals, con-artists and disgraced warriors trying to rebuild their lives. From Alerar to Fallien, their creed stands: the power of the sword means nothing if you can’t afford to buy it. Thus the IE attracts all types of business minded dregs from soldiers, warriors, governments, heroes, villains, and to legends. Funds obtained from the IE are directed everywhere. From schools to castles, from clans to wars, from continent to continent. The IE influence is everywhere.

Admission

All types of characters are allowed to join the IE. The first ten (10) applicants shall be given free admission to the lower ranks of the clan. Following that, applicants must provide a link to a score of 55 or higher to be admitted to the lower ranks and 70 or higher for the upper ranks.

Financing

IE is a profit maximizing group, and must therefore rely on its members for the building of capital. All members must submit 35% of all spoils from their adventures on Althanas to a community pot. There is no capital requirement to join the IE as many potential members will turn to the group when they have nothing. Every month, disbursements will be made to ALL members based on their ranks.

Ranks/Disbursement Schedule

There are currently three rankings among the IE:

Veteran—receives 50% of the monthly intake of profit divided equally among members.
Pro—receives 30% of the monthly intake of profit divided equally among members.
Rookie—receives 20% of the monthly intake of profit divided equally among members.

*Ranks may be added as the clan grows larger.
**A pot of 1000 GP will always be kept for clan related ventures.
***In the event that additional incentives are offered to clans, other rewards will be disbursed in the same manner as GP (including EXP or items).
****Member will also be given a formal title upon initiation.

Thus is it advantageous for members to rise up the ranks while preventing others from doing the same. This is the spirit of competition, and it is imbedded into the foundation upon which the IE is built. To rise in ranks members must do some of the following (which include both IC and OOC elements): be an active player at Althanas, consistently contribute capital to the clan, create or assist in an enterprise, win a clan war, or consistently score above 70 on Althanas judgments.

Code of Conduct

The IE does have a general set of rules:

1.) IE members are allowed to be in other clans provided they do the following: inform the IE which clans they are members of and, in the event of a war, support IE whether or not they are a member of a clan that is opposed to the group.

2.) Refrain from killing other members in times of dispute.

3.) Proprietary information is for members only. Do not share secrets of the group if you have been entrusted with them. This is the most important rule of all. Enterprise cannot exist without it.

Office of Corrections

Little is known about this strange division of the IE, the Office of Corrections appears to be both an internal and external method of solving problems and correcting errors. The OC consists of two (2) members from each rank and are paid monthly from a special hedge fund donated by a very wealthy old Althanian.

Current Operations/Fronts

Please look around Althanas to find our fronts.

Current Members/Ranks

Khariss Sevrath: Veteran (Leader)
Dirk Xalstad (Jackal): Veteran (Advisor)
Kichiro Mitsuru: Rookie (Enforcer)
Galadra Mif'Saryos: Rookie (Advisor)

----------

Please post your interest here. Both IC and OOC respon are welcomed and will be responded to as appropriate. When applying, be sure to specify what sorts of RP you are interested in (so we can accompany all types) and please provide a link to your profile to be added to the member list. Thanks

Ingenious
12-12-06, 11:20 AM
This Pg seems rather ineresting so i think i will join in on the fun. There is a link in my sig if it isn't obvious. Oh and i like alot of different types of rping. When i get some more time i shall make an ic part to this.

galadra
12-12-06, 11:25 AM
I believe I am an entreprenuer. ^_~

I'm interested in most any types of role playing, and am interested in trying anything and everything. :D

link to profile (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=3305)

Xalstad
12-12-06, 01:14 PM
Welcome Ingenious and Galadra. You are both being admitted as "Rookies." If you would like to apply for the Office of Corrections, please let me know.

Rajani Aishwara
12-14-06, 11:01 AM
Rajani Aishwara held the hail from Khariss Sevrath in his left hand, and a glass of wine in the right. The last words of the communiqué crept past the cigar and out of his mouth for the fourth time this mid day, but he could barely hear himself over the collective laughter of those on the upper deck of his ship. He had passed it around several times, to his officers, his crew, and a handful of members from the Peregrine Group itself. First Mate Aton Mira and Helmswoman Tiberia Natalya were usually adversaries because their philosophies clashed, but today they were united against one enemy, the Illicit Entrepreneurs, and their mocking words filled the deck with laughter.

“Did you notice how the man attempted to alleviate our anger? He said that the Entrepreneurs made donations to the Citadel. The Citadel, which is maintained by monks, monks who have taken a vow of poverty.” Mira allowed a faint smile to emerge as he managed to get his mates to react humorously to the situation.

Tiberia then took her turn to mock the aspirant competition as she pointed at the letter in Rajani’s hand. “Khariss Sevrath says that these people who invaded the Citadel were not warriors and thugs, but normal people. Mind you normal people don’t stand guard in unison at strategic points of a building… like so.”

Tiberia directed the crowd’s attention to Rajani, who stood straight up. He dropped the letter to the floor to allow his free hand to grasp his sheathed sword. The crew of subordinates and colleagues erupted in laughter once again. Then he used a deep voice to mock the decrees of Khariss Sevrath “Effective immediately, a 10% tax is being placed on ALL resurrections conducted as a result of death in the Citadel. Fallen warriors will have the money removed from their person, or transferred from an account prior to their revival. Failure to pay the required tax will result in ‘Correction’ with a capital ‘C’ by the agents of IE's Office of Corrections.”

The laughter continued as Tiberia approached Rajani with an empty wine glass. He reached for the bottle of white wine and poured it as she spoke. “So, Captain and Top Shareholder of the Peregrine Group,” Tiberia paused to flick the crystal glass. A high tone rang throughout. “What say you?”

“What say I?” Rajani said with a chuckle. “First and foremost, Khariss Sevrath’s tactics ought to be granted merit. To offer a waver of the taxation for all members of our firm is to appeal to an individual’s self interest. Unfortunately the Peregrine Group’s mission is to drive economic development for the greater good, not the individual good. In addition to this futile attempt at bribery, he insults our intelligence by insisting that the individuals hoping to enforce this decree were innocent men. That is fallacious for the only way to enforce anything is with the tip of a blade. We knew good and hell well that any resistance from anyone would have been met with death by way of negligence. The Peregrine Group will not yield.”

The group of men and women acted in agreement with a rousing cheer. The First Mate stepped up and extended his empty wine flute. He spoke as Rajani poured. “So I assume, Captain, that you will be responding to let Sevrath know of your conclusion?”

Rajani couldn’t help but let an almost sinister smile arise on his soft face. “…Indeed. Please summon the members of the Peregrine Group. Despite our obvious wishes for the best, we must prepare for the worst.”

::::::::::::

From the Aerie of the Peregrine Group

Khariss Sevrath,

How cute. The birds of prey will not yield.
Best Wishes

Rajani Aishwara // :p
Top Shareholder of the Peregrine Group

Ingenious
12-22-06, 09:26 PM
Unfortunately i may have to leave this pg for political reasons. If i am in this group, The peregrin group won't ally with my PG. To this effect i ask that if you seek my continued participation in this pg, that you to take one of two courses of action.

(A) Go to the thread "A simple quest" (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=3208) and convince the pg to join you
(B) Go to these forums ( http://z8.invisionfree.com/Mercs_of_Althanas/index.php?act=idx)and discuss terms and the such with the guild there

sorry for any inconvenience. Thank you for your time.

Makira
01-05-07, 04:11 PM
I am interested in taking part in this group, not only as someone seeking a little bit of activity after having been away for awhile, but as a player doing a favor for someone else. Besides, as player of MetalDrago as well, I love playing both sides of a story.

Kefziel
01-09-07, 06:02 AM
Following on from our discussion, and Jackal's omen to Kefziel, I do believe you have the service of one paticularly psychopathic killer. Use him as you will.

Xalstad
01-16-07, 10:45 AM
Both Makira and Kefziel are accepted.

Makira, you have been offered a position on the illustrious Office of Corrections. If you wish to take it, please respond promptly as new ventures are presently underway. Kefziel, you are to be treated as a hired hand with loyalty to none.

Makira
01-18-07, 11:00 AM
I would like to join in this Office of Corrections, as you call it. As a matter of fact, it would be my honor. Sorry at being so late to respond... My connection to the internet has been a little unreliable as of late.