PDA

View Full Version : Effortless

Samhain
12-12-06, 06:47 PM
I've rped before, but just not seriously. I was wondering if there was a veteran around here who wouldn't mind doing a thread with me (preferably with a non-human character but it doesn't matter). You don't have to devote much time to your posts, minimal effort will do. I just want to try and get back into the swing of things. I have no current plans, so feel free to offer up an idea.

Slayer of the Rot
12-12-06, 07:21 PM
Unlike most of the veterans, I'm not incredibly busy, but I am lazy. Still, I need to get back to writing, and it certainly, in no way would kill me to write with some new people. I'm free for whatever you'd like to do, battle or quest, whichever.

Also, my character here, Dann, is a half Saraelian demon, so not so much human-ness. Only a half.

hamnat
12-12-06, 07:21 PM
Having done a complete thread in which nothing I did was frowned upon, I technically qualifies me as a veteran in the literal sense of the word...but as for your meaning, I don't reach the bar. But you don't necessarily need someone experienced to RP with you. You can pull off a good quest(if not necessarily well-written) without someone experienced, and by even by yourself, if you can't find someone or would rather do it that way. Heck, you could do like I do and create multiple characters to use as filler for lack of other participants.

Samhain
12-12-06, 07:32 PM
Slayer- That sounds good. Even if you are lazy, as I said, I don't mind minimal effort at all. Do you have any ideas of what you would like to do?

Hamant- Thank you. I think you qualify as a veteran. :D

hamnat
12-12-06, 07:44 PM
feel free to read one of the Legend Magess threads....but not Mage Girl as that is Shen's defective registration thread

the third link is actually one completely done with my accounts...nobody else....for reference in the case you decide to try such a thing...

Samhain
12-12-06, 07:47 PM
That is a good piece of writing. You are really good. I like the idea, but know I won't be able to motivate myself into finishing unless I know someone else needs me in order to finish.

hamnat
12-12-06, 07:54 PM
O_o you read it THAT FAST????(man, am I using that smiley tonight...)

thanks for the complement, though...I'm glad I have a qualifiable "fan" of my writing. It feels good to know that my writing is appreciated. ^_^...I feel all fuzzy:D

Samhain
12-12-06, 07:58 PM
Yes, I do read faster than average.

This rp site is different then the one I frequent. I guess I"ll have to stop expecting one-liners. I'll adjust fast enough though.

Slayer of the Rot
12-12-06, 08:03 PM
Slayer- That sounds good. Even if you are lazy, as I said, I don't mind minimal effort at all. Do you have any ideas of what you would like to do?

Hamant- Thank you. I think you qualify as a veteran. :D

Hmm...give me a couple moments here. I'd like to think of something that caters to your race shape shifting. I've been wanting to start my Blue Leaves Arc, so I'll incorporate that in too.

hamnat
12-12-06, 08:05 PM
is it just me or are we postwhoring in the same two threads? another strange thing, i own all the latest post messages in the general discussion forums that appear on the main page.....

I, POSTWHORE....spamming soon to a thread near you....

Ravenok Kinnes
12-12-06, 08:09 PM
Yes, definitely, don't expect one liners from most people here. Though some people still do some, not like it's a bad thing. Just depends. This is my way of saying hello, and if there is an opening in the quest/battle that you and slayer will do i'd be glad to join. Ravenok's a human, yes, but has the attitude of a demon(hence the title Satan Incarnate).

If not, I won't cry. I'm actually already in six threads right now, anyway.

Samhain
12-12-06, 08:10 PM
Slayer- Thank you. What's the Blue Leaves Arc?

Ravenok- I'm fine with it, but why don't you okay it with Slayer. He is coming up with the plotline.

Hamnat- I wish I could think of how to respond to that.

Ravenok Kinnes
12-12-06, 08:13 PM
*In a baby voice* Pwease, mahstah slayah? Can ah join da qwest?

Slayer of the Rot
12-12-06, 08:23 PM
Blue Leaves = The House of Blue Leaves

The House of Blue Leaves is a collection of individuals with one common goal; revenge. All members have been somehow wronged in the past; though the most common, considering the times, is the loss of a member or all of their family. The name comes from the Rath'Kol tree, which produces inexplicable blue leaves which are used in a very deadly poison, used by the original founder to exact his own vengeance. At any rate, I think I've got something.
_____

News has reached all over the world that a pair of world trecking Archaeologists have come across a small group of humanoid creatures which have not yet been identified. They are described to have dark skin like the Drow, with colored markings. However, while this discovery is an excitement to science, attention can draw the wrong eyes.

In essence, Dann goes to Raiaera, thinking that it may be Saraelians that had been in hiding. However, once he gets there, he finds out that the "creatures" were kidnapped over night by a collection of people in blue cloaks. We go (whoever else is joining us), hunt them down, kick some ass.

Do you think you'd be up for that?

EDIT: I don't see why not, Ravenok. No problems as far as I can see if you join.

Ravenok Kinnes
12-12-06, 08:27 PM
Brawls... Hooray! Yeah, that's fine. Though, I would need to brainstorm an idea for why Ravenok would go.

Samhain
12-12-06, 08:45 PM
That's a good idea. A couple of questions though.
1. What are Saraelians?
2. How are our characters going to meet up?

Ravenok Kinnes
12-12-06, 08:50 PM
How the characters meet up, that's YOUR choice. Part of it is coming up with some reason for your character being at that place at that time, just to find out that the other people were there too.

About the first one, I am stumped. All I know is that Slayer is a half-one.

Samhain
12-12-06, 08:53 PM
Alright, I'll just read up on Slayer's character description then.

Title?

Ravenok Kinnes
12-12-06, 08:58 PM
Title for the thread? No clue here... Maybe like, "Drow. Art Thou?" Or some stuff like that(just came up with it on the spot).

But hey, since you read fast maybe you wouldn't mind reading my own work and tell me what you think. Just pick any of the links in my sig. You don't have to.

Samhain
12-12-06, 09:00 PM
Title for the thread? No clue here... Maybe like, "Drow. Art Thou?" Or some stuff like that(just came up with it on the spot).

But hey, since you read fast maybe you wouldn't mind reading my own work and tell me what you think. Just pick any of the links in my sig. You don't have to.

That's a cute title.

Yeah I will read a couple when I'm done cramming for the History Unit test I should have started studying for one week ago. Feel free to critique whatever I do on the thread.

Slayer of the Rot
12-12-06, 09:01 PM
That's a good idea. A couple of questions though.
1. What are Saraelians?
2. How are our characters going to meet up?

Saraelians are an endangered form of demon who possess a more primal connection to the Tap than the current Haidian demons. Saraelians are commonly very physically powerful, and the markings on their skin show what sort of magic they tend to be able to practice. In Dann's case, it will be earthen manipulations, but that's another thing entirely.

As for how our characters will meet up, the distressed Archaeologists will be eager to offer up a reward to anyone willing to go after the blue cloaked men and bring back their specimens. My character has the intention of simply setting them free, but anyways, I imagine they will meet up by jumping at the opportunity for money.

Ravenok Kinnes
12-12-06, 09:02 PM
Alright. Well, we'll talk more tomorrow, for I must depart from thee.

Samhain
12-12-06, 09:05 PM
Slayer- Thank you very much. Taita is probably going to want to get a look so she can expand her range of races to transform to and then to set them free.

Ravenok- I already read part of your first solo quest. Your descriptions are very well done and leave very few gaps for the reader to fill in on their own. However I would suggest breaking up your lengthy sentences a bit more. Although they flow nicer when they are lengthy, occasionally I had to re-read a couple of sentences to understand them.

EDIT: I have to go now. Slayer, if you're eager to get started then feel free to go first. If not, I"ll get on it tomorrow. Good night, everyone.

hamnat
12-12-06, 09:15 PM
O_o....i've been out-postwhore'd.....crap.....(pardon the randomness)

Slayer of the Rot
12-13-06, 11:26 AM
After thinking it over, it would indeed be very difficult for Ravenmok to have good reason to be in Raiaera (not to mention I forgot that there's a few things I'm going to have to do before I move into Blue Leaves). Therefore, I'd like to propose a different quest to the both of you, which would be a lot easier to insert yourselves in. Plus, there's action and plenty of asses to kick. It's a quest I have better planned (the fiurst one here I just abruptly made up), and was originally planning to do it with Godhand, but he never comes on anymore. So, I think this might be enjoyable for all of us than something that I'm not sure the direction it's going in.

A company of lucky Salvarian Slave traders have managed to get their hands on a valuable ancient artifact called the Meekstone. With it, they are able to rob a person of all ther unique abilities, making them just like everyone else, and have been moving from continent to continent picking up prospective slaves. Usually the slaves they acquire are thrown into gladitorial pits and forced to fight for their lives.

To clarify, the Meekstone strips a person of everything that isn't natural to their body, such as spells and augmented physical strength. Therefore, my character would lose all his strength and the ability to summon his weapons from thin air, but Taita would keep her race shifting since it's simply a facet of her body, though I'm not certain on Ravenok's Chi skill.

Anyways, I thought we could start the quest off with my character already captured, and in the first post, the caravan of slaves stops so the traders can grab a few more bodies. Where do you think your characters would have a good reason to be? Corone, Slavar, Fallien, Alerar, Raiaera? If anything, we can pick up one of you first, then I'll magically advance the story forward to another continent to get the next.

Samhain
12-13-06, 11:31 AM
That sounds like a lot of fun! Taita would be anywhere, she just wanders and looks for interesting things to do. So essentially you two can pick the place in which we start. So the objective would be to get the meek stone?

Slayer of the Rot
12-13-06, 11:40 AM
Yes ma'am, eventually. We'll have to fight a few individual matches, and then I was thinking by that point we'd have the trust of the other slaves. Long story short, we trick traders into thinking the Meekstone isn't working correctly in the end, get it off them, and break it. We'll be stripped of all our current weapons, but there will be plenty of opportunities to get some new stuff, if you'd like it. There's also a point where I'm going to have my character get a tattoo mixed with a terramancer's blood that'll help the plan in the end, so you guuys could get one as well, mixed with some mancer's blood or another that'll loet you do something new (i.e. new abilities).

Samhain
12-13-06, 11:44 AM
That sounds perfect. I guess the fact that Taita can continue shifting will help make the meekstone look broken. I'll probably have my character just regain her old stuff because I am actually quite fond of the weaponry I picked out for her.

I have to go now, but I'll be back later.

Thank you very much for all the effort you are putting into this.

Samhain
12-13-06, 07:15 PM
So when are we starting this, who's posting first, and what is the title going to be?

Slayer of the Rot
12-13-06, 07:20 PM
I was waiting for Ravenok to actually post and tell me where he wants to be picked up. Still, if he hasn't posted by tomorrow, I'll go ahead and make the thread for the two of us and just have you abducted in Slavar.

I'll go ahead and start the thread, and I'm not sure on a title at the moment...I usually just name things to the song I'm listening to as I write it. How about Sowing Season?

Samhain
12-13-06, 07:32 PM
Okay, Salavar it is until we get word from Ravenok.

I usually steal from songs too. Sowing Season sounds good, but I'm not sure of its relevance to the overall story line. How about Undone?

Slayer of the Rot
12-13-06, 07:34 PM
Sure, that'll work just as well.

Samhain
12-13-06, 07:40 PM
Alright then. Is Sowing Season the name of a song?

Ravenok Kinnes
12-13-06, 08:11 PM
I'm here. What did you want me to post first in? Is the thread up already? If so, may I have a link please?

Slayer of the Rot
12-13-06, 08:15 PM
It's not up precisely yet. Do you think there's any good reason for Ravenok to be in Salvar? Essentially, where would it be best for a slave trader to abduct your character, as odd as the question is.

Also, your chi manipulation, is it a natural use of the body, or some form of magic?

EDIT:

Alright then. Is Sowing Season the name of a song?

It is indeed. It's the first song of Brand New's um...well, brand new album, The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me.

Samhain
12-13-06, 08:15 PM
I'm here. What did you want me to post first in? Is the thread up already? If so, may I have a link please?

It has not started yet. Read back a while and you'll see the new plot line and what input we need from you (essentially, where you want your character to join the plot).

Ravenok Kinnes
12-13-06, 08:21 PM
Chi is body energy, yes. Ravenok has no knowledge of magic(the use of it, I mean. Of course he knows about it).

As for where I could have Ravenok be abducted... Hm... Eluriand in Raiaera, probably. (just because that's where one of my epics with another person is going next)

Is this alright?

Slayer of the Rot
12-13-06, 08:25 PM
Absolutely. I'll have the quest up soon, and I'll post the link here.

Samhain
12-16-06, 09:44 PM
When are we going to start?