PDA

View Full Version : the "when i grow up..." thread!

galadra
12-12-06, 07:30 PM
...i want to be a game designer, because i love english, math, programming, and art, and it ties it all together.

so... what do you want to be? ::eyebrow::

hamnat
12-12-06, 07:36 PM
O_o ack! Competition!!!other than that, I don't know because I'm like D&D's Bard, and WOW's Druid, a Jack-of-all-trades-just-not-as-good kind of person. I guess all my efforts and abilities point towards RPG game-design, but I could also be a fantasty novelist, a comic artist(working on this one, at the moment), a nuclear physicist, a pharmacist, or any number of other things....

It sucks being so versatile, because it makes for an innate difficulty at making decisions....when coupled with my many neuro/psychological disorders, well...the outcome ain't pretty....

Kalrian
12-12-06, 07:41 PM
I'm probably going to go into system network management in the hopes that I will become, as my friend says, a "Professional Rich Guy"

grim137
12-12-06, 07:41 PM
Game designer or soldier. I love games, and plan to get a computer science degree in college. I also do JROTC, love it, plan to do ROTC and will probably join the military once I graduate college (I thought about joining straight out of highschool but my family convinced me to do otherwise).

Slayer of the Rot
12-12-06, 07:45 PM
I want to be a guy who professionally takes naps.

Atzar
12-12-06, 07:50 PM
I want to be a guy who professionally takes naps.

That would be amazing.

I want to be a writer or a mechanical engineer. Howzat for variety?

hamnat
12-12-06, 07:51 PM
@slayer: lol

@grim: what Cadet Corps are you in, and what branch? Mine is Airforce:FL-939 "Silver Eagles"

grim137
12-12-06, 07:55 PM
@grim: what Cadet Corps are you in, and what branch? Mine is Airforce:FL-939 "Silver Eagles"

To be honest I got to a small private school called Bradenton Prep Academy so its not offically JROTC. The minimum requirements for JROTC are a hundred students in it or 20% of the school's student body. Neither requirement is met by my school so the school didn't make it offically JROTC even though the program is run by a retired Marine and we do all the stuff normall JROTC does such as march in at various events, have uniform inspections (we do have JROTC uniforms) and what not. The only ranks are E1-E3 right now though the program is still young (its only in its second year) so as it grows more ranks will be added.

Slayer of the Rot
12-12-06, 07:57 PM
Anyways, on a more serious note, I think I'd like to be a writer of some type in time. I don't really have anymore growing up to do; I'll be twenty in March, so there's no more, "Well, maybe a fireman instead! How much ass does an astronaut get?" I'd prefer some way of writing that harnesses my ranting, which is usually what I'm good at. If not, I have a slew of short stories that are just collecting virtual dust in the computer that could be converted into something more serious, I suppose.

hamnat
12-12-06, 08:04 PM
serious? you? that's something I'd like to see!(note the sarcasm)

grim137
12-12-06, 08:10 PM
Dan: There's always the military, or, if you can get the funds, college (in fact if your in the military there's a way to get the government to pay you to got to college). Though you do seem to have some good ideas with your writting, you might not make much money but at least you'll be doing something you enjoy.

Ravenok Kinnes
12-12-06, 08:16 PM
I plan to be on a Martial Arts Demo Team later in the future, since i've been taking martial arts for... Like nine years now? Yeah, that and a script writer/character designer for games. Not a game designer, because I actually suck with computers, but I am great at script writing and character design!

Atzar
12-12-06, 08:26 PM
Dan: There's always the military, or, if you can get the funds, college (in fact if your in the military there's a way to get the government to pay you to got to college). Though you do seem to have some good ideas with your writting, you might not make much money but at least you'll be doing something you enjoy.

It all depends on if you get published. A published author usually doesn't need to worry about money. It's getting there that's the hard part.

Lucien
12-12-06, 08:28 PM
If I knew the local hot spots, a whore. Hell, I'd do that right now and be some hot jailbait.

Otherwise, I don't know. I wouldn't mind being the keyboardist in a band. Keyboardists always seem hot, brooding, and usually out of the way. Although with that kind of gig, I'd probably be something along the lines of "professional moocher." I'd say I want to help people in need, but that varies with mood.

Damnit, now I'm thinking about college again. Damn you all.

galadra
12-12-06, 08:43 PM
If I knew the local hot spots, a whore. Hell, I'd do that right now and be some hot jailbait.

Otherwise, I don't know. I wouldn't mind being the keyboardist in a band. Keyboardists always seem hot, brooding, and usually out of the way. Although with that kind of gig, I'd probably be something along the lines of "professional moocher." I'd say I want to help people in need, but that varies with mood.

Damnit, now I'm thinking about college again. Damn you all.

i was seriously thinking about becoming a stripper for some quick extra cash... then i realized that i don't know how to dance THAT well.

Atzar
12-12-06, 08:46 PM
Except for the fact that Lucien's a guy... lmao

Ravenok Kinnes
12-12-06, 08:48 PM
I already am a stripper. Yeah, yeah, believe it. Showed you up, Lucien, didn't I?

Yeah, okay, so I am not that funny? Who gives anyway... I tried.

Lucien
12-12-06, 08:52 PM
Except for the fact that Lucien's a guy... lmao Hey bud, I'm not sure if you know this but there are a lot of male prostitutes and the business is good. You don't hear about it as much because any straight guy looking to experiment isn't exactly going to broadcast that out loud, and most gay guys won't talk about using a male hooker, what with it feeding into stereotypes and all.

Teutonic Knight
12-12-06, 09:15 PM
thats a great question and there are many things I would like to be: A historian, singer, producer, maybe a pro skateboarder and belive it or not..................The Pope.

hamnat
12-12-06, 09:19 PM
O_oO_oO_oO_oO_oO_oO_o

@cutegirl: This has just become too wrong for words...as much as i would enjoy the show judging from your avie(am I getting slapped yet? *wimpers*I hope not...)

@futurepopeguy: we all guessed that already...unfortunately, I think you have to be Italian :{P (patented mustache/tongue smiley)

Teutonic Knight
12-12-06, 09:30 PM
O_oO_oO_oO_oO_oO_oO_o

@cutegirl: This has just become too wrong for words...as much as i would enjoy the show judging from your avie(am I getting slapped yet? *wimpers*I hope not...)

@futurepopeguy: we all guessed that already...unfortunately, I think you have to be Italian :{P (patented mustache/tongue smiley)

You all guessed it already? Am I really that obvious. To bee a pope does not mean you have to ba Italian. Pope John Paul the II was Polish which I so happen to be.

Letho
12-12-06, 09:41 PM
I plan to nurture my inner child and never grow up. :D

On a more serious note, I'm an old fart so I'm pretty much ineligible for this thread. I think I'll keep wandering aimlessly through life for the most part of it.

grim137
12-12-06, 09:44 PM
Letho, I thought you were the head shaman of Croata (or whatever third world country it is your from) or something since you can afford a computer.

Ther
12-12-06, 09:47 PM
i was seriously thinking about becoming a stripper for some quick extra cash... then i realized that i don't know how to dance THAT well.

You learn on the job, girl!

But yeah, when I grow up I want to run a successful RPing site on the internets.

Teutonic Knight
12-12-06, 10:47 PM

But yeah, when I grow up I want to run a successful RPing site on the internets.

Irony

Empyrean
12-12-06, 11:15 PM
On a more serious note, I'm an old fart so I'm pretty much ineligible for this thread. I think I'll keep wandering aimlessly through life for the most part of it.

How many times do I have to tell you you're not an old fart? Doofus.

Anyway, I plan on being quite a few things. Forst and foremost, I'm going to be an animator, and I'm aiming to have my own animation studio. Oscar-winning animated films, worldwide recognition, immortal fame, the whole nine yards. Secondly, I'm going to be a writer. Thirdly.....anything. There are a million things I want to do in addition to my main two, and I intend to do it all.

Rockstar is in there, too. :D

galadra
12-13-06, 12:46 AM

really? maybe i could get some pointers and/or tips from you?

Cyrus the virus
12-13-06, 03:48 AM
I want to be an editor. Recently decided. That means school :(

AdventWings
12-13-06, 05:25 AM
For me...

Marine Ecologist.

>.>

<.<

What? A guy can dream, right? Oh, that and have my NaNo story published. It's almost completed and with a few plot-hole plugging and additional side-stories for future novels, it is looking quite promising.

Too bad it probably won't get published where I live, though. Only a minority of people where I live can even read English as it is. :(

Oh, right. And a text translator. I just got 100 baht for completing one yesterday in 5 hours! (BTW, 36 baht = 1 USD but can buy you 2 whole meals where I live.)

hamnat
12-13-06, 05:56 AM
should I ask where they use baht? or would that be out of line?

Krugor
12-13-06, 10:09 AM
I plan to be on a Martial Arts Demo Team later in the future, since i've been taking martial arts for... Like nine years now?
I'm currently in my 14th year! I'm into Tang Soo Do, if you know what it is. I'm also training children the secrets of said martial art and getting paid for it. It's really cool and I want to open up a school of my own in the future.

But, I also want to be a history teacher. Currently in school studying to get my degree and I must say it's going along nicely. Sharing your wisdom with others and teaching them stuff rules :)

AdventWings
12-13-06, 11:41 PM
To Hamnat: It's in a small, problem-ridden country in SE Asia name Thailand. :)

W00t to Krugor! I can't ever focus long enough to get pass year one for any type of formal martial arts training. :D

Ther
12-14-06, 12:09 AM
really? maybe i could get some pointers and/or tips from you?

Well, I'm not in the biz, so they say, but if you want to come over here and practice in front of me I certainly won't mind!

hamnat
12-14-06, 04:50 AM
I'll put my two cents in, as well....and maybe a couple twenties, to boot....