PDA

View Full Version : Scara Scourge Quest

Jimmy LeBlanc
12-13-06, 01:10 PM
Title: Scars of the Scourge
Number: 3
Summary: A once-renowned gang of Scara Brae, the Scara Scourge, is showing serious signs of weakening. Gang leaders have apparently taken drastic, risky measures, and a number of high-profile crimes have taken place across the city. The aim of the leaders is to draw attention to the gang, resulting in more prospective members to replenish their waning numbers. An unfortunate side effect, however, is that local authorities and vigilantes are also taking note. Conflict is bound to follow. The strengthening of the Scourge, coupled with the subsequent weakening of authority, would have fearsome implications for the citizens of Scara Brae. Should the situation worsen, the Queen may consider taking greater measures to prevent such a scourge from plaguing her streets.
Conditions: 2-6 players. Claimed by Jimmy LeBlanc, Zerith
Rewards: ???

So far its Seth_Rahl and I with the gang, and Zerith on the side of good. I'm not exactly sure how we're gonna do this, but I'm thinkin just like a massive street fight will result from some Scara crime. We'll most likely start early next week? If you would like to join, or you would like to join and have some suggestions, post in here, and remember to specifiy which side you'd be fighting for.

Nein
01-03-07, 12:08 PM
I'll join the side of good!

Drenn J'Hald is the guy.

Not sure what you have planned yet, so I'll just wait to throw some input around.

Seth_Rahl
01-03-07, 01:58 PM
Who really is "good"? It really depends...

Jimmy LeBlanc
01-03-07, 04:56 PM
Okee dokee, glad to have ya Nein. Seth, you may most definitely bring along your other character. Any idea when he'll be finished? Also, Zerith, are you still interested despite the long wait? Once we get going I'll be much more active (maybe even once a day) but I suck at the planning stages.

The idea Zerith and I had talked about at the beginning was that there was going to be some crime targetted against the Scara Brae guards which devolves into something of a street fight, with both main combatants (the Scourge and the guards) and wandering passers-by (you and I). Any add-ins? Other ideas? Ideas for the crime, who should be winning, whether it should be balanced and the players tip the scales (probably what will happen), suggested length, life expectancy of those main sides?

And for the purposes of this quest, good refers to cops, bad refers to Scourge.

Zerith
01-03-07, 06:54 PM
To answer you're question, yes I'm still interested in this.

Nein
01-03-07, 10:02 PM
So the Scourge finally act out?

Conflict ensues, one side or another wins and the Queen decides that this problem has become too public and does something about it. Seems like a fairly natural progression and reaction to an illegal set of revolts under a specific name.

Seth_Rahl
01-04-07, 09:36 AM
No idea when Bruce will be finished. Maybe he can join in the middle of the fight or something. But I like Nein's idea for the crime...it should be something simple that grows out of hand.

Jimmy LeBlanc
01-04-07, 04:01 PM
Looks like we're good to go, two on two with the prospect of Seth's guy coming in at any moment. Just one final thing...

Anyone else wanna make the opening post? I'll do it if nobody wants to (since I had the audacity to claim it), but I'm in Winter School and am a bit busy to be coming up with crazy crimes and the like. Any takers?

Eusimoto
01-04-07, 06:35 PM
Hmm...I have an idea for the setup. Kalamu is an underground "informant." While rarely actually involved in anything, he tends to know a good deal about various goings-on. Perhaps he is playing both sides, feeding the Scourge information they need for the crime while alerting the guards to their plans? Guards then show up when they shouldn't have, and fight ensues.

Jimmy LeBlanc
01-05-07, 10:53 AM
That sounds like a good idea to me. How does everyone else feel?

And, which side would you join, Eusimoto? Would you join a side? And is anyone in a hurry to get this underway?

Nein
01-05-07, 02:52 PM
Not really.

I've joined 7 or 8 threads in my first week, so I'm not in any particular rush.

Though, have you decided on how you're going to go about this yet?

Jimmy LeBlanc
01-05-07, 04:09 PM
Well, if everyone wants to go your route (where you inform the guards of some scara crime) then it'd make sense for you to make the first post describing the informing, perhaps the initial stages of the crime (or all the way to the fight: Your choice). Then we'll jump in, one by one, and either single out each other or NPC's (or even a mix). I think everyone could get full reign of all the NPC's as long as we're mature about it, and then duke it out for awhile. We can talk about it in this thread and decide a good time for one side or the other to flee. Since there are split teams, we'll have to again be mature and recognize when one side has had enough. Make sense? Any other ideas or things to consider?

Nein
01-05-07, 04:54 PM
You really dislike opening posts, right?

Alright, so if I post, I'll begin the introduction with the Scourge gang setting up the crime while my own character talks with a Law Enforcement Recruiter about wages and other such details.

Eusimoto then posts his betrayel of the Scourge (after helping them) to a guard captain, and he sends out a squad or two to stop the crime from being comitted.

We all join in after that in random events, until the guards catch the Scourge in the process and a fight ensues. After that, the final results depends upon who wins and we'll run it from there.

That's yer basic layout,

and if it's alright with you lot then I'll start writing the first post upon your approval.

Jimmy LeBlanc
01-06-07, 12:26 AM
I don't mind writing opening posts generally, but this one's not my idea, you know? It's like a generated quest, almost. Besides, I could make an opening post but nothing would really happen until you posted, so what's the difference?

Regardless, I think that lil scheme should work out nicely. Let's do it.

Nein
01-06-07, 04:43 PM
Expect it tomorrow.

It's half finished now, but I'm heading out for a movie and such.

Basic crime is either....

The Scourge have the sheer audacity to replace every crate of inventory in every shop of the market with their own empty containers, bearing the signature of the Scourge as a clear sign of defiance to the Queen.

or...

The Scourge...

Actually, I only had the original idea.

I'll check back later if anyone disagree's with the crime above. I'm just not sure if it's big or daring enough for what's to be expected. What a terrible imagination I have.

Eusimoto
01-06-07, 11:01 PM
I like the idea, but it wouldn't require too much intelligence from Kalamu. Perhaps, instead of the market, they pull the same trick on a shipment of arms to Baron Willian's Sess-Terria Hold? Such a feat would certainly get them noticed.

And Jimmy, that's a good question. I think Kalamu will fight on the Scourge's side--sort of. I have an idea for why he pulls the double-cross...could be very interesting.

Cool! I'll look for the post, Nein.

Nein
01-07-07, 03:37 PM
There we go, nice idea.

I'll start integrating it into the post...

EDIT: Almost done, just finishing my own part now.

EDIT 2: http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=47720#post47720

Linkie!

Seth_Rahl
01-08-07, 11:59 AM
Ifrit will come in sometime during the actual conflict, He doesn't actually belong to the Scourge, but when he see's the law attacking people he immediately assumes the wrong thing and starts helping the scourge in their fight.

Nein
01-08-07, 02:25 PM
Uhm.... it's nightime?

First paragraph.

Seth_Rahl
01-09-07, 09:14 AM
Oops. I can delete my post, if you want.

Jimmy LeBlanc
01-10-07, 10:01 AM
Is this fight going to take place during the day? Could we perhaps have it take place at night? Or under a heavy rainfall? I just remembered while I was posting that vampires don't like the sun.

Seth_Rahl
01-10-07, 12:03 PM
It's night already, isn't it?

Nein
01-10-07, 02:47 PM
If that's all the entrants we've got, then I'll throw in another post tonight where the captain mobilizes his men and makes his way towards the docks.

This fight will take place shortly afterwards, and it will still be night.

I'll be handling the negotiations between the two sides, though anyone here can have an effect on them by speaking aloud or taking action right away. As long as they are able, the guards will keep this a rather peaceful event until provoked.

After that... well, we'll see how it goes.

Any suggestions on numbers of NPCs?

Jimmy LeBlanc
01-10-07, 09:21 PM
There's still one more PC out there, let's give him a day or two. As far as number of NPC's, I was thinking nothing too big, skirmish level, maybe like 20 on each side or something? Or maybe we make the guards stronger than the Scourge henchmen but limit their numbers?

Nein
01-10-07, 09:26 PM
So, twenty one Scourge and about 15 Guards?

Guards are a bit stronger than Scourge Henchmen, each group has a Captain and then the additional PC's that join either side.

Give it a couple days then.

Seth_Rahl
01-11-07, 09:34 AM
Yeah, that sounds good.

Jimmy LeBlanc
01-11-07, 10:27 AM
Yeah, glad you brought up captains. You think one for each? The Scourge might have two "captains," those two guys talking at first.

Nein
01-11-07, 02:48 PM
Captain and a... Right Hand Man?

sherin
01-12-07, 12:08 PM
sorry im posting so late but i just saw your quest, do you think i could join?

Seth_Rahl
01-12-07, 01:27 PM
I'm sure you would be able to. Who would you like to fight for? The Scourge or the Scara Knights?

Jimmy LeBlanc
01-12-07, 08:20 PM
You can definitely hop aboard, sherin. You've made it during the first round of posting. Post whenever you're ready.

sherin
01-13-07, 05:00 PM
ill fight for the knights.

Seth_Rahl
01-16-07, 01:46 PM
Uh oh. Showdown time!! *huzzahs in glee* Sherin- Our characters are going to meet beforehand, I guess. When we go our seperate ways but then we meet again during the battle, how is your character going to react?

Jimmy LeBlanc
01-18-07, 09:27 AM
Hey Nein, you can go ahead and make the next post when you're ready. Zerrif can come in later, its not essential that we're all there right when it begins.

And everyone remember its night time. :)

Seth_Rahl
01-18-07, 09:47 AM
I apologize for posting too much.

Jimmy LeBlanc
01-18-07, 01:05 PM
Naw, that's cool, that's part of your little story.

Nein
02-05-07, 02:10 PM
Seth has a bit of Writer's Block, so he won't be around until he says otherwise.

Everyone should post where there characters are in the story so far, as the guards have just met at the docks and are about to act and attempt to arrest the Scourge members. So just say where you are now, and what you're doing that'll affect the events coming in.

Drenn's with the guards, and he'll be doing whatever they decide.

Seth_Rahl
02-06-07, 02:06 PM
Tryin' my best, but unfortunately sherin posted in a way that made it even more difficult for my character to continue. Keep you noticed when something pops into moi head.

sherin
02-06-07, 06:50 PM
yo sorry about that seth.....truly...

Jimmy LeBlanc
02-08-07, 10:11 PM
I'm going to post tomorrow at 11:22 AM ET.

Fenris
02-08-07, 10:44 PM
Hello, friends! (This is Eusimoto. Hi!)

Many, many apologies. I know you've been waiting for me forever. Mind if I ask you to wait a bit more?

And by that I mean two days. All manner of chaos has managed to climax tomorrow (that being Friday, in case timezones mess with your head) but after that, I will have slightly more time, relatively speaking, and I'll do my very best to get all caught up on my posting--starting with you guys, since you (along with Devin Argente) have been waiting the longest. See you then! And try not to kill me out of pent-up rage...

Nein
02-09-07, 10:58 AM
Understandable, time comes and goes.

If you could mention that the Guard Captain your character is with heads down to the docks to join his men, that'd help. Your choice what you do after that, but we have two characters about to watch the fight and waiting on Seth for his decesion.

I'll be waiting for the right time to continue the action, and get in there. Until then there's time to take a side or get in position to watch, whatever any of you like.

EDIT: Someone tell sherin. Just, read his latest post, and tell him. I'll just get angry if I try. I am. You tell him.