PDA

View Full Version : " [Insert Member Name Here] Reminds me of [Fictional Character Name Here]!"

Ther
12-16-06, 11:40 PM
I've seen threads before on members who remind other people of a famous celebrity, or of someone they know, so I thought it would be fun to switch things around and ask this question instead:

Is there anyone on Althanas that reminds you of a fictional character? If so, who, and why?

Rajani Aishwara
12-17-06, 12:01 AM
I've been reading Letho's stuff alot lately, and I keep getting this image of the Kevin Sorbo version of Hercules.

Reiko
12-17-06, 06:28 AM
Diss' Seth reminds me of Vlad Taltos from Steven Brust's novels. A great assassin character that's often missunderstood.

Rainee reminds me of Natsuki of Hyperpolice. Both are really awesome catgirls.

Rajani makes me think of a rather merchant oriented Sinbad.

Cyrus the virus
12-17-06, 06:35 AM
Reiko reminds me of Mary-Kate Olsen, who is definately a fictional character.

Actually, Letho kind of looks like Solid Snake. Kind of. Kojima's wacky enough to have Snake act like Letho does sometimes, so the personality kind of works out, too.

Ataraxis
12-17-06, 10:10 AM
Rajani reminds me of Mohinder from Heroes (no, really? :D).

Reiko
12-17-06, 10:39 AM
Reiko reminds me of Mary-Kate Olsen

ouch that really hurts

Cinderella man: reminds me of Malcom from Firefly quite a bit.

Artifex Felicis
12-17-06, 10:52 AM
Hrrrrm.

Cyrus reminds me of that guy you never really want in your party because you just sorta hate him, but he's too useful to not have hium. Like Quina in FFIX with the right blue mage spells. I hates him, but he's cool. Except yrus/Luc is actually, you know, cool. Just not a good guy.

Letho reminds me of Ned Stark from A Game of Thrones.

And for an older person, Valintina Snow reminds me of a less smart, more super powered version of Dr. Lector.

Empyrean
12-17-06, 12:21 PM
Off the top of my head, Vicky's Natalya Can't-Remember-Her-Last-Name character reminds me of a character named Chidea in The Glass Sonata, by Marie Lu, which is obscure as hell, but still.

The Cinderella Man reminds me of the guy from..The Cinderella Man, duh.
And I don't know why, but for some reason when I think Storm Veritas, I think Han Solo.

Sid
12-17-06, 12:42 PM
And I don't know why, but for some reason when I think Storm Veritas, I think Han Solo.

I've been reading Letho's stuff alot lately, and I keep getting this image of the Kevin Sorbo version of Hercules.

Now that it's been said, that's all I can picture.

Vorin
12-17-06, 12:54 PM
Grim = Goku masturbating to too much Anne Rice.

Lorenor (http://www.superdickery.com/seduction/58.html)

Storm's so not Han Solo. I see Ron Jeremy when I read his stuff.

The Bard
12-17-06, 05:29 PM
Vorin kinda reminds me of Dracula or count chocola

hamnat
12-18-06, 12:47 AM
Any comments on me?

And Kit/Inari makes me think of Lucy Liu...no clue why though....oh well, they'll be gone soon enough.

AdventWings
12-18-06, 04:57 AM
Yes... Vorin does remind me of Count Dracula. In a less sinister... More creepy way... *Shudders*

As for other people...

Hell, why not? Victor often gets himself stuck in situations not so much unlike that U.S. Coast Guard dude [Tom Hanson] in the game Cold Fear. And guess who's supposed to be like the bitchy Russian girl he was supposed to save throughout the entire game? ;)

And... let's see...

yes. Reiko's Doji Ki. Very reminiscing of Ran, the Samurai Girl Anime. Without the cute little side-kick by the name of Myao, of course.

Chiroptera
12-23-06, 11:20 PM
Hamnat reminds me of Edward from Cowboy Bebop.

Take that as you will.:D

Raelyse
12-23-06, 11:30 PM
Raelyse reminds me of House.

Chiroptera
12-23-06, 11:48 PM
Raelyse = Johnny Bravo.

And for those who are cartoon-deprived:

http://www.brain.net.pk/~farhans/JOHNNY2.html

galadra
12-24-06, 12:01 AM
chiroptera reminds me of chicorita.

the pokeman. i think i might have spelled it wrong. it's the second-gen leaf starter pokemman.

AdventWings
12-24-06, 08:52 AM
Hahaha. Chikorita. Really? I didn't watch the Pokemon cartoons much, so I wouldn't have the slightest idea about their personalities.

But I agree that Raelyse = Johny Bravo. XD

The Bard reminds me of that.... that one guy... from a webcomic... uh... what was his name? It was from... Ugh. Nevermind... :(

Vorin
12-24-06, 10:10 AM
C'mon people.

Krugor is so Jack Skellington. Only not as well dressed.

Artifex Felicis
12-24-06, 10:52 AM
Cory reminds me of the Grinch, though mostly cause he always seems to have a bad attitude, but comes around in the end. And it's not entirely because of his avvy. *shifty eyes*

Raelyse reminds me of some sorta jerk-off you always see at a party, wondering how in the hell is he getting more girls than you.

Ithermoss
12-24-06, 01:07 PM
I usually think of Zidane from FF IX, whenever I read Artifex Felicis's writing. Granted he didn't have ears, just a tail.

Chiroptera
12-24-06, 05:04 PM
When I read Kai's writing, I picture Kenshin with a tail.

Reiko
12-24-06, 06:04 PM
Chiroptera reminds me of a mix between Tifa and Cloud.

Mikami (Raven's gadgeteer) reminds me of Gadget from Rescue Rangers, but no furry aspects.

Nightsangel
12-24-06, 08:10 PM
Reiko reminds me of that Fox kistune girl from the anime tactics. A bit though she wasn't a samarui and I didn't see all of it, but she does remind me of that fox girl ^_^ She's also just as cute as the kistune from the anime Tactics.

AdventWings
12-25-06, 08:29 AM
W00t! Raisin-oat cookies for Reiko for figuring out where my inspiration for Reina Mikami came from, Nyu~!

Mikami: Hey~! That was supposed to be a secret!

Whoops! Did I just type that out loud? ;)

Krugor
12-25-06, 02:02 PM
Rheawien reminds me of Buffy, the Vampire Slayer...in some sick, twisted way. But yeah, I can picture it!

Only not as well dressed.
Don't worry, I'm working on it ;)

Ithermoss
12-25-06, 05:34 PM
Krugor reminds me of the guy from Grim Fandango, of course. :)

Rok the Blade
12-25-06, 07:47 PM
For some reason, Krugor reminds me of Funguy from Chrono Cross. Rakh reminds me of that one werewolf in Underworld... Can't remember the name of the guy. He was the really muscled one that didn't talk much(vague, I know, my bad)

Cyrus the virus
12-26-06, 01:23 AM
Why would Krugor remind you of Funguy (a mushroom man) and not Skelly (a skeleton)?

Ithermoss
12-26-06, 01:29 AM
Do you mean the first Underworld, where the guy got shot in the head multiple times, and he healed himself? The werewolf leader dude?

Letho
12-26-06, 02:09 AM
I think he means the dude that gets struck by like four shurikens by the too hot Kate Beckinsale in the the sewers after the subway chase.

Lucien
12-26-06, 03:46 AM
I thought he meant the giant black guy with the deep ass voice. Man he was badass.

Letho
12-26-06, 04:40 AM
Duh, it's the same guy. The giant black guy transforms into a werewolf that gets hit with shurikens.

Lucien
12-26-06, 05:02 AM
Pfft, you just wanted to mention Kate Beckinsale. His most badass moment was when he took on that vampire with the whips.

Now that I think about it, Rahk does sound that badass.

Letho reminds me of the macho, never cry hero you see in every western. You know, the kind that has a psychological breakdown because they never experience a catharsis? We'll be putting Letho in the old folks home yet.

Slayer of the Rot
12-26-06, 05:03 AM
Letho reminds me of King Kashue in Lodoss War. Maybe it's the avatar...

Artifex Felicis
12-26-06, 11:11 AM
Rahk always reminded me of the Thing, cept not as well spoken or ell cultured. The Thing, or the Hulk to keep in comics.

Dann's closer to the Hulk though, and generally everyother major streingth related badass.

Ithermoss
12-26-06, 04:49 PM
Rahk always reminded me of the Thing, cept not as well spoken or ell cultured. The Thing, or the Hulk to keep in comics.

Dann's closer to the Hulk though, and generally everyother major streingth related badass.

HELL yeah.

AdventWings
12-28-06, 07:24 AM
Rok reminds me of.. Siegfried from Soul Caliber 3.

Murakama: Is that because Rokusho has a big sword like Siegfried?

Ehh... Right.

Anyways- Oh, yeah! Lord_Byron's Berick reminds me of a drunken version of the main character in Godhand. Not our Mr. Godhand, mind you. He's closer to Bryan Fury from Tekken.

Vampiric Angel
01-06-07, 03:59 PM
Letho reminds me of Maximus from Gladiator, and Dann reminds me of the instense "safcrifice myself to save the world" type of guy. Or maybe just power-mad, surrounded by a massive army, and die fighting type of guy....Like Yukimura Sanada perhaps?

Sighter Tnailog
01-07-07, 01:29 AM
Everyone on Althanas, including Findelfin, reminds me of someone in another work of fiction.

Now, should we congratulate ourselves on this, or should we take this as a cue to keep working?

This message brought to you by Debbie Downer.

AdventWings
01-07-07, 01:37 AM
Ouch. That stings, Sighter. :D

Still, though. I think you look like Legolas. ;)

Lucien
01-07-07, 08:08 AM
I always knew Madison's real name was Debbie...

Ithermoss
01-07-07, 06:11 PM
Only when he hangs out at truck stops. ;)

Storm Veritas
01-07-07, 07:31 PM
Everyone on Althanas, including Findelfin, reminds me of someone in another work of fiction.

Now, should we congratulate ourselves on this, or should we take this as a cue to keep working?

This message brought to you by Debbie Downer.

Neither. This merely emphasizes that the characters are not of enough fame to stand alone.

Take any other fictional character, and they will be people or things that you can relate to other people / things from pop culture.

We could just smile and enjoy the f*cking thread.

:)

grim137
01-07-07, 07:44 PM

That would explain a lot....

Koran
01-07-07, 11:21 PM
I don't know what Grim reminds me of. When I think about him I think of Dracula, but only because he's a vampire. He's also blind, which in and of itself presents a problem. When I think about that, I see Daredevil.

So, if you want to envision a Daredevil mix with Dracula, that's about what I sum up Grim as. Odd...

hamnat
01-08-07, 12:57 AM
Rakh reminds me of a big, shaggy dog...you know the breed I'm talking about...the one with the hair covering its eyes. Now combine that with a Zakerian Howler Beast, and there you have it: Rakh.

And I noticed that I dont seem worthy of mention amongst you....*sniff*:*(

Dissinger
01-08-07, 03:28 AM
We could just smile and enjoy the f*cking thread.

:)

AMEN My Brother!

Unfortunately I'll fallen out of reading other peopples threads, call it a bad habit to get into but I will say that Doji while she was not mixed with her daughter reminded me of Lone Wolf and Cub.

Storm Veritas
01-08-07, 06:59 AM
Let me throw some in here.

Sarah Dahlios gives me that Sarah Michelle Gellar vibe. Combo points for Cruel Intentions Seductress + Bisexual + Buffy the Vampire Slayer Vampirism.

Seth kind of vaguely reminds me more of Elijah Wood. Not LotR Elijah, but Sin City Elijah. Minus Kiddy pr0n. Well, maybe minus it.

Damon Kaosi is tough to place, because he is young yet powerful. Fortunately he doesn't look like a powerhouse, so I'll go with a coked-up Haley Joel Osment.

Grim is white Blade. Whatever the hell that means. If someone were to play the role, I'd guess that maybe Scott Caan or Mark Wahlberg could play it fairly well. Cool, juiced up, handsome and edgy.

Letho is Russell Crowe, as is Cinderella Man. Just different roles.

Max Dirks is Clive Owen.

AdventWings
01-16-07, 01:50 AM
And Storm is a large, lanky version of Pikachu. Dressed in black. ;)

Hahaha. J/K.

I would say Shenjara reminds me of Lina Inverse, but I don't know. The attire and the attitude doesn't quite fit...

hamnat
01-16-07, 02:02 AM
I would say Shenjara reminds me of Lina Inverse, but I don't know. The attire and the attitude doesn't quite fit...

That's got to be the most flattering thing I've ever heard. Actually, Shenjara is very much like Lina Inverse....only not as crazy about gold. Funny thing about that, I never saw even a couple seconds of the show until Empyrean posted that link to the Demonheart AMV(love that one). Now that I think of it, alot of red-headed sorceresses are similar to each other...kind of freaky, huh?

Ürei
01-16-07, 02:40 AM
I need to catch up here, and I have quite a lot.

Letho: Eddard Stark from A Song of Ice and Fire
Rahk: A more buffed up version of the main character of Apocalypto
Lucien: That kid that everyone forgets about because he is the first person to die in every movie.
Storm Veritas: A male version of the mutant, Storm, but evil.
Grim: A Demon Hunter from WC3 that was given modern weapons.
Koran: A male version of the main character of Tokyo Bubblegum Crisis, but actually a cyborg, not just a power ranger.
Hamnat: That squirrel I ran over yesterday.
Sarah Dahlios: The main girl from Underworld [her name was somewhere up there].
Ravenok Kinnes: The bad guy from Kung Fu Hustle [frog guy]. Less froggy.
Rok: Umm...yeah...Siegfriend from SC3 in looks but Siegfried from SC1 in personality. There was a difference.
Slayer of the Rot: The male main character cyborg from Ghost in the Shell.
Artifex Felicis: A cuter and nicer version of Lucien.
Finny: The Elf character from Gauntlet Legends.
Chiroptera: A female Cloud with less mental problems.
Reiko: Add 9 tails to a Shisengumi. Tada!
Sivi (Nights Angel): One of the two succubus from that Marvel comic that has way too much sex in it.
Plague: Johnny Depp
Krugor: A Chinese entertainment chef
Vorin: A wimpy version of Meier from D.
The Bard: An added storyline to the Bard jerk in Rangarök Anime.
Realyse: The boss on a game where you get annoyed because he won't shut up during the battle.
Atzar Kellon: ...
Advent Wings: A Furre from Furcadia!
Rajani Aishwara: Maud'dib, except losing the oracle part.
Ataraxis: A pacifistic version of the main character of Blood Reign.
Empyrean: The German sorcereess from Chrno Cross. [It is an anime, and yes that is spelled right]
Santh Til'Garos: Rand.
Dirge: The Lord of Flies. Or that spooky guy from Charlies Angels.
Witchblade: What would happen if Buffy became a vampire.
Chelsi: Willow [from Buffy] except gone gothic.
Ter-Thok: The annoying demon that sits on people's shoulders.

That all I got, for now.

hamnat
01-16-07, 03:01 AM
My two cents on Ürei's ideas.

Lucien: That kid that everyone forgets about because he is the first person to die in every movie. I wish he was....

Hamnat: That squirrel I ran over yesterday. Waaa!!!

Realyse: The boss on a game where you get annoyed because he won't shut up during the battle.Hehe...

Advent Wings: A Furre from Furcadia!Furry!!

Rajani Aishwara: Maud'dib, except losing the oracle part. I thought so too

Witchblade: What would happen if Buffy became a vampire. Mwahahaha....

And Ürei reminds me of the mask-wearing, truck-driving girl from Twisted Metal: Black. Only add in the "possessed" priest's personality.

AdventWings
01-16-07, 03:03 AM
@ Urei: I knew you had to go there! XD I actually played Furcadia a while back when Internet wasn't so bloody slow...

Slayer as... Batou? Well, I can see that. But then we'll need someone to make him punch himself to be his boss. ;) *Casually glances at Murakama*

Murakama: ...Why are you looking at me like that, Master Raven?

Slayer of the Rot
01-16-07, 04:45 AM
Slayer of the Rot: The male main character cyborg from Ghost in the Shell.

Finally, someone made that connection.

Lucien
01-16-07, 06:02 AM
Lucien: That kid that everyone forgets about because he is the first person to die in every movie. Except that kid either has one redeeming quality, or gets laid. Neither happening to Lucien too soon.

Hamnat reminds me of that girl I beat to death with a baseball bat and dipped in an acid bath, all in the name of the Anti-Christ. Good times...

If Slayer's anything, he's one of those characters from Berserk. Never actually watched an episode, but the animation just falls in line with him.

Urei reminds me of Lestat, if he'd been dropped on his head and left for dead in the middle of Althanas. Also, he suffers from a mild form of male impotency; not sure why, just funnier that way.

Advent reminds me of my cat. Gets real mean when you kick him.

hamnat
01-16-07, 09:26 AM
Waaaa!!! Baseball bat!? Stay away you sadistic perverted jerk!!!! And don't kick the plushy either...he never did anything to you...

Lucien reminds me of Johnny...so scray, so perverted....

Reiko reminds me of Flora, a tiger-girl in a webcomic I read.

Nova
01-19-07, 07:36 PM
Raelyse reminds me of Desert Punk, only without the shotgun and desert armor. a horny little guy that'd be much more if he wasn't so horny^^

AdventWings
01-21-07, 03:19 AM
Desert Punk, eh? Hahaha. I think Desert Punk's a lot wittier, though he does appear dim-witted at times. ;)

Funny short kid. ;)

Nova
01-21-07, 06:49 PM
Desert Punk, eh? Hahaha. I think Desert Punk's a lot wittier, though he does appear dim-witted at times. ;)

Funny short kid. ;)

yeah your right but still I think if Raelyse had a shotgun and desert armor he'd be desert punk.

And on that note: Rhea would be a dead shoe in for Junko and Hanmat would be Kosuna^^

LordLeopold
01-21-07, 08:50 PM
This Findlefin character reminds me a lot of Legolas - Findlefin has purple hair, though.

streak101
01-24-07, 09:47 PM
For some reason Banda's face reminds me of Cloud's except you know the color of the eyes, hair and skin.

The Prophet of Zane
01-24-07, 11:06 PM

I think that quote about Madison is only as funny as it is because he has hung out at a truck stop, with me and Adam.

Little Debbie, Little Debbie, baby I'm a coming on home!

Everything makes so much sense now.

To tell the truth, whaever avatar a person has up at the time reminds me of their character with the following exceptions:

My characters, cuz I see them in my head.

Findelfin - Link from Zelda fame.

Storm Veritas - Sirius Black (I can't even explain that one.)

Max Dirks - Raymond Negore (http://www.myspace.com/princeofgothness)

Christina Bredith
01-25-07, 05:50 AM
You know, I've never even really thought about this before. >_> Christina reminds me of Matsumoto Rangiku from Bleach, though. Gee, I wonder why that is...

Artifex Felicis
01-25-07, 02:04 PM
Boobs

Zane sort of reminds me of the Narrator of Fight Club, simply because of how skinny and tough he is. That, or a starving man. One or the other.

Witchblade reminds me vaguely of a lot of things. Most of them violent and not allowed near small children.

Lazarus Corrinth
01-28-07, 09:01 AM
Well she's not on here anymore but Valentina Snow reminded me of the girl from Blood The Last Vampire. She seemed to be set up similar and also to happened to use an avatar of her.

AdventWings
01-28-07, 09:15 AM
She was here for a while... Came back just a couple of days after New Year but left again... :(

Now that I think about it, Nova reminds me of Natsuki from HyperPolice. What with the innocent eyes and cute perky ears... *Ahem* I honestly didn't intend it to come out like that...

chumley
01-31-07, 01:49 AM
Technically Klaus Barbie isn't a fictional character but Dissinger reminds me a lot of him.

Breaker
09-17-07, 05:25 PM
Ithermoss reminds me of Sylvester the cat because he just never dies. You think he's dead, but no. He's back, dressed as a monkey, or named Rakh.