PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration?

Osato
12-18-06, 06:48 AM
Heh, it's been a while... mostly due to the fact that I just can't seem to get back into rping lately.

So, I was wondering... how do the rest of you keep rping sooooo much? Don't you burn out eventually too? I don't want to be the only one around here that's burned out.

Also, I was wondering, where do you get the storylines that you follow and how do you keep them moving through the levels without having to play filler quests/battles constantly?

-shrug-

Most of it's just curiosity after a 12 hour shift at work... some's a spark somewhere deep inside me that wants to write again. Mostly it's Ranger, my impossible-to-forget-for-too-long character wanting to be finished or at least dead.

Heh

Thanks,
~Me again... w00t

Cyrus the virus
12-18-06, 06:50 AM
I don't know, really, I just have a passion for writing. I try not to sweat myself with making it great, so it remains fun and something I look forward to doing.

I try to make my characters open enough so that when I have a cool idea, I can allow them to take place. Sometimes if I'm too detailed with a history or personality, a lot of my options are void just because I can't think of a reason why my character would do certain things.

Gadgeteer Mikami
12-18-06, 06:58 AM
Hey~! You're back! And I kept telling Master Raven he's not hallucinating when he saw your name on the front page. ^_^

Well~ I'm not too worried about keeping inspiration up. I'll have to ask Master Raven how come he's so good, though. ;)

For me... It's not so much as inspiration for a story... It's more about the interaction that's inspiring. Get a little off-track from time to time and you'll never know how much can happen in a rather simple adventure. :)

Osato
12-18-06, 12:42 PM
So you both create an open character, with little backstory, and have it transformed and molded from quests you partake in? Seems like what a lot of people do, but at the same time something I have A LOT of difficulty doing.

My characters are normally thorough (sp?), most have a thick backstory that fits them, and then I become very restricted due to the harsh history and whatnot.

Hmm... I suppose I'll try and rp Osato and Calaelen out a little more and see what I get. Also, I'm needing some help with Ranger if anyone's interested? I want to continue doing the "Prophet of the Thayne" track, but don't want to wander around without a focus and blunder my way to each place of worship...

So, if anyone's interested in following a god, acting as an apostle (for Ranger), or just wants to discover and seek out the Thayne than hit me via PM.

Until then, I'm still wondering about the 100+ others that rp around here and their response.

Komosatuo
12-18-06, 01:50 PM
Welcome back. Didn't think to see you 'come back over to the dark side of the force.'

As far as my story lines, this character has an on going story line about becoming the grand master of his clan, and then uniting the other eleven clans beneath him. Through either war or peace talks.

Koran, my original character (the one before that was practice) is slowly running out of steam but he won't completely, he's still a great character to battle with and quest with, on occasion. But that's because he has a very strong and harsh personality and is a great way to vent anger.

Reann, which you are familiar with, is pretty much dead. His story line was a fluke and I don't see how to bring him back.

As for insiration to RP, I love writing and I can't seem to stop. I would eventually like to write a few novels...but that'll probably be after I get older and actually find the time, and the patience or something. And learn how to spell better.

Seth_Rahl
12-18-06, 01:55 PM
Me, I just write whatever comes to mind. I also love how Althanas has a leveling-up system, making you work for your power. Its addicting.

Osato
12-18-06, 02:26 PM
Lol, Seth, you're talking to the wrong person about that...

Anyway, I'm probably going to throw up a few posts here and there pretty soon, try and do something with this character while working on the site.

If you see a thread it's open, jump right in.

Mage Hunter
12-18-06, 03:54 PM
Welcome back Kyle, nice to see you make your return. Hopefully Tanked gets through the next round, jsut make sure you beat Istar Magus within an inch of his arrgoant life for me ya hear? ;)

(Its Pat BTW)

As for inspiration You know me, I've gone on vacations and returned better than ever. When I run out of inspiration I take a hiatus, I may read books look at movies talk to people about storylines, the result is the same. I get information and figure how a character woudl relate. In terms of this character she is a three dimensional as I could ever hope for and the ideas keep flowing. I know what I want her to do eventually and its the journey of getting there that keeps me trying.

Figure out how you want your story to end and work backwards, it'll help I should say if you do so.

Osato
12-18-06, 04:12 PM
Awesome charry...

I'll have to get ahold of you on AIM sometime and talk.

As for Istar... lol... I have no trouble with that boy. If Unseen doesn't go AWOL than I hope to be seeing you in the last round. ;)

Mage Hunter
12-18-06, 04:23 PM
Good to hear.

Also you knwo my AIM, so you should have no problems other than the fact its the week before christmas and I work later hours than normal.

Ravenok Kinnes
12-18-06, 06:01 PM
Love for writing, an untapped source of imagination(despite all of my role playing).

Videogames, music(Disturbed in particular), fantasy books, etc. Just mainly seeing other stories play out gives me many ideas for characters and stories. Talking to friends is a good way too, but when I do I tend to start a long talk only about myself and my ideas, and if I let my friends talk then they'll start to only talk about themselves. A vicious circle, yes?

I never run out of ideas, I never tire or bore of role playing(it's my all time favorite thing to do) and I always seem to have an optimistic view about things. I guess that just makes me perfectly suited for deep and meaningful roleplaying. That said, Osato, call me up if you want to role play. I'll help you get into the groove, and i'll be more than glad to.