PDA

View Full Version : Where are you from?

galadra
12-18-06, 11:19 AM
Be as vague or as specific as you want (though keep in mind no one wants to know your address).

myself, I live in Phoenix, AZ.

Letho
12-18-06, 11:24 AM
The big fat asshole of the world, AKA Zagreb, Croatia. It's in Europe for those wondering few. :P

Empyrean
12-18-06, 12:51 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA. There isn't much interesting about it.

Serus Tarsin
12-18-06, 01:11 PM
Littleton, MA. Not much AT ALL. Not quite a one horse town, but it's still fairly small.

Atzar
12-18-06, 01:19 PM
One horse? And here I thought it was a one house town...

I'm from there, too, actually... and I claim possession of this man's soul. (After all, I got him to come to Althanas... it's only right that he give me something in return)

Serus Tarsin
12-18-06, 01:31 PM
I'm from there, too, actually... and I claim possession of this man's soul. (After all, I got him to come to Althanas... it's only right that he give me something in return)

:D Hardiharhar Atzar.

Atzar
12-18-06, 01:41 PM
...you laugh funny... :p

Ther
12-18-06, 02:57 PM
I live in upstate NY, Ithaca to be exact.

Krugor
12-18-06, 02:58 PM
The Netherlands, my friend, one of the most stupid and meaningless countries in the world. I am so moving to Belgium later, which is totally awesome.

The big fat asshole of the world, AKA Zagreb, Croatia. It's in Europe for those wondering few. :P
We have tons of Croatians here too :D

Serus Tarsin
12-18-06, 03:09 PM
I live in upstate NY, Ithaca to be exact.

Sweet. I got family in upstate NY. Actually, that's where I was born.

Ravenok Kinnes
12-18-06, 03:11 PM
Born a little west of Denver Colorado, in a small town that none of you will know of. I moved to Greene, NY about 4 years ago(a little north of Binghamton is you know where that is.)

Mage Hunter
12-18-06, 03:39 PM
I live in the east bay out around Livermore and Hayward in California!

Teutonic Knight
12-18-06, 03:48 PM
Southern NJ and I also live in Ft. Lauderdale Florida A house in each place both have there ups and downs.

Amy
12-18-06, 03:49 PM
Masshole Ahoy!

Take a guess =P

Stevo
12-18-06, 04:51 PM
Windmills
Clogs
Harry Potter for prime minister

Guess...

Chiroptera
12-18-06, 05:05 PM
Illinois for school, home in North Carolina

Talon
12-18-06, 05:06 PM
Both Huntsville, AL, and Tuscaloosa, AL.

Osato
12-18-06, 05:12 PM
Gainesville, Florida. That's right... I live 6 miles from UF campus (basketball and soon to be football NCAA champs!)

Atzar
12-18-06, 05:25 PM
Gainesville, Florida. That's right... I live 6 miles from UF campus (basketball and soon to be football NCAA champs!)

Good spirit. Florida's the best team of the best conference in the country - they've got it locked ;)

Bearded Gnome
12-18-06, 05:42 PM
Plainfield, IN. The name explains itself.

Lord_Byron
12-18-06, 06:52 PM
Tacoma WA...

You know... we got apples... mmmm...

Osato
12-18-06, 07:46 PM
Florida's the best team of the best conference in the country - they've got it locked

Damn straight. I was worried there for a while, didn't want to see a team that didn't play near as hard teams get to the championship... lol.

AdventWings
12-18-06, 10:23 PM
Guess I'm the only one way over in Asia, yes?

Well, asides from Khalxaen and her friend Ciel... But I'll let them tell you where they are from on their own.

Me hail from that troublesome country known as Thailand. Ya know, the one that just had a coup d'etat two months ago with tanks and rifles waving like crazy? The one that got the Southern provinces swept away by the 2001 Tsunami? The one that just had a 5.1 Richter quake three kilometers away from my Bedroom?

Yeah... That's my hometown... Pretty uneventful, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Komosatuo
12-18-06, 10:41 PM
So that's where Gainsville is. Didn't know that. Cool.

A fellow Arizonanite?! Cool.

I'm from Mesa, AZ myself but I'm currently living in Apache Junction, AZ. If it's not the asshole of the world, it's certainly the dingleberry of the world. :P

Empyrean
12-18-06, 11:12 PM
Tacoma WA...

You know... we got apples... mmmm...

Hey, awesome. A lot of my relatives live up there, and I may be moving there eventually. :)

Jasmine
12-19-06, 12:08 AM
I think i live the furthest north here in Anchorage, AK, USA.

Javet
12-19-06, 12:15 AM
Pennsylvania. I'm intent on moving to Canada in the future, however.

Ther
12-19-06, 12:56 AM
So that's where Gainsville is. Didn't know that. Cool.

A fellow Arizonanite?! Cool.

I'm from Mesa, AZ myself but I'm currently living in Apache Junction, AZ. If it's not the asshole of the world, it's certainly the dingleberry of the world. :P

We have a lot of people from AZ...at one point I could've sworn that 1/3 to 1/2 of the Althanas staff were from AZ.

Khalxaen
12-19-06, 01:16 AM
Guess I'm the only one way over in Asia, yes?

Well, asides from Khalxaen and her friend Ciel... But I'll let them tell you where they are from on their own.

Ciel and I are both from the Philippines. ;) And by the way, Raven, your description of your country practically matches ours. Scary.

AdventWings
12-19-06, 02:00 AM
Scary, isn't it? ;)

That's one reason I'm trying to find a good University in America (Or Canada) that has good Marine Ecology Master programs. I've been recommended with one in Nova Scotia - Halifax University or something like that.

So~ Yeah. Us Asians are minorities, but still very prominent. :D

Stevo
12-21-06, 05:28 PM
Its refreshing to be among people from across the ocean for a change. Ive had enough of Swedes and Turks when I played WoW. (Swedes and Turks appear to be a mayority on some EU servers)

Im from the netherlands in case people didnt get the clue. heres a picture of our prime minister:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1990000/images/_1990620_potter_300.jpg

feel my pain!

AdventWings
12-21-06, 10:28 PM
Ouch. ;) What a coincidence.

...No, really? O_o

Serus Tarsin
01-01-07, 07:40 PM
Jeeze. Like every single area of the US mentioned I have relatives in. That's a wicked weird coincidence.

Masshole Ahoy!

Take a guess =P

Believe it or not, Car And Driver did a survey, and I was surprised that with some of the horrificly bad drivers we have in mass, we're actually only the third worst in the country. Washington DC was included as a 51st area, and supposedly has the worst drivers in the entire United States!

INDK
01-01-07, 08:17 PM
Ciel and I are both from the Philippines. ;) And by the way, Raven, your description of your country practically matches ours. Scary.

You guys haven't had a coup yet! And GMA said there wouldn't be one. Quit your worrying!

Also, I would be remiss if I didn't bring up the fact that Ohio St. is going to defeat Florida in the BCS championship game.

Demiana
01-05-07, 10:09 AM
Born and raised in Houston, Texas. Now I live in Philadelphia for school. So unwise.

Ithermoss
01-05-07, 10:26 AM
I'm out in Richmond, Virginia.

Corvus MacCallum
01-05-07, 11:48 AM
Northern Ireland, the thing that looks like a Side-car to the motor cycle of the Larger United Kingdom.

Lou
01-05-07, 01:38 PM
Another person from Massachusetts here, about forty minutes outside of Boston. I'm kind of surprised to see several more people here from MA, but meh, I guess there ain't much else to do. There are certainly no coups to avoid or earthquakes to endure.

What's it like to be around a coup d'etat, Advent?

AdventWings
01-06-07, 08:58 AM
It's actually a very... Well, uneventful coup for the most parts. Just a show of forces and everything fell back together again.

Nothing compared to the coup nearly thirty years ago, mind you. That one was full of bloodshed and outcasts. Good thing I wasn't born yet to be involved in that one. I think.

Seth_Rahl
01-08-07, 12:23 PM
New Yorker here, myself, but I used to live in Washington state. Yeah, big move. Anybody here from Greene?

Kefziel
01-08-07, 01:27 PM
Manchester, United Kingdom. Island of Monkies.

INDK
01-08-07, 02:16 PM
It's actually a very... Well, uneventful coup for the most parts. Just a show of forces and everything fell back together again.

Nothing compared to the coup nearly thirty years ago, mind you. That one was full of bloodshed and outcasts. Good thing I wasn't born yet to be involved in that one. I think.

Isn't it a bit early to call the coup uneventful? I mean, the provisional govt under Surayud is still in power for now, and they haven't reinstuted a constitution. By all means, I have every hope that the coup will be uneventful, but its hard to know how it will end just yet.

hamnat
01-08-07, 03:23 PM
Manchester, United Kingdom. Island of Monkies.

Ack! A limey! The Irish/Scottish/Welsh/Greek/Turkish/German/a whole bunch of other crap bites her thumb at you!!!

AdventWings
01-09-07, 04:08 AM
You can say that it's a bit early to tell, I guess. Still, I don't think there will be much to worry about now that the military aspect of the coup has calmed down and returned to just peacekeeping. The more important issues now is the reconstructing the Constitution, finding out the perpetrators behind the Bangkok Bombings and settle down the Southern Unrest.

Somehow, I'm not too worried about the military uprising aspect of the coup now. But I could be wrong.

*Grabs his Passport and check flights leaving for America*

Khalxaen
01-09-07, 04:57 AM
You guys haven't had a coup yet! And GMA said there wouldn't be one. Quit your worrying!

Also, I would be remiss if I didn't bring up the fact that Ohio St. is going to defeat Florida in the BCS championship game.

Yeah, actually. The last "coup" ended up as a failed attempt, and they just ended up making compromises with the gov't.

And I'm not worried. Stuff like this happens so much, it's not really that big-a-deal anymore. :/

Storm Veritas
01-09-07, 05:50 AM
Massachusetts.