PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Villian

Lucien
12-18-06, 12:46 PM
That's right folks, another Out of Character thread by me.

I just want to know everyone's favorite fictional villain. Just their name, what they're from, and why you like them. Hell, it could even be an Althanas character.

For me, Jack of Blades from Fable just screams kickass evil. I mean the outfit, the voice, the fact he has armies and armies of minions. Hell, he even cut out the sister's eyes.

So, yeah, tell your own pick.

Letho
12-18-06, 12:49 PM
Sephiroth is the ultimate villain. I'm not even that fond of FFVII, but even I have to admit that Sephiroth > every other villain. :cool:

Atzar
12-18-06, 01:04 PM
Ganondorf from Zelda. He's just awesome... nothing more needs to be said.

Doppelganger
12-18-06, 01:34 PM
Mine's Ghaleon, from Lunar SSSC and EB. He always struck a chord with me, because it felt like he was such a believable villain. He wasn't just evil for evil's sake, he wasn't just a nutjob with a god complex; he genuinely believed he was acting in the best interest of the world, and convinced himself of it so thoroughly that he was going to go through with it whether the world agreed with him or not.

Also, somehow, he seemed like someone I'd like to have a conversation with, assuming he got over the whole stealing-the-goddess'-power-and-redesigning-the-world thing. And even better, in the end he helped save the world. Mad props.

Seth_Rahl
12-18-06, 01:53 PM
I would have to agree with Letho on this one. Sephiroth is the ultimate kick-ass villain, no arguments whatsoever.

But, others do have their potential. I also agree about Ganondorf-I mean, he controls other uber-powerful villains in order to grant his own schemes. But I also think that villains-who-aren't-really-villains are cool as well, like DMC3's Vergil and KH2's Riku.

Krugor
12-18-06, 02:55 PM
Hmm, that's a tough question. For me, it's a tie between Mojo Jojo, from The Powerpuff Girls and Xykon, from The Order Of The Stick. Both are totally nuts and possess massive amounts of humor, which to me is an important aspect of a true villian.

Amy
12-18-06, 03:47 PM
I have dffrent catagories

"Funny" Villain goes to Xykon, or however it's spelt. Cause he's badass, and gives serious thought to sailing across seas in boats made of his own minons dead and living bodies

"En Masse" Villian is Zombies in general

"Goddamn Badass" goes to someone I'm sad to see ISN'T up there. Doctor Hannibal Lector. Hand Down.

I still think Sephiroth is a bit over-rated. I mean really. "Awww, I'm an experiment, so now I'll become power-crazd and just because of learning all about that I want to destory the planet wile becoming a god of nothing."

Teutonic Knight
12-18-06, 03:56 PM
For me its Sauron he controls millions of the foulest creatures known in fantasy with beastly armor and weapon not to metion a ring made of him. Besides I think everyone can remeber How long it took to finally Kill him.

As for Sephiroth I dont think he is as kickass as everyone says to me I just dont see the villian in him.

Stevo
12-18-06, 04:25 PM
Luca Blight from suikoden 2.

This guy is a serious psycho and hard a pain to kill.

And I agree with Amy, nothing represents the apocalypse like a zombie infestation. Reminds me I saw dawn of the dead only 2 days ago...

Storm Veritas
12-18-06, 04:44 PM
Kefka > Sephiroth

Granted, he looked shittier, but he poisoned an entire town's water supply just to be a douchebag, and controlled the world with unrelenting thirst for power.

Aside from that argument, the greatest bad guy for me would be Lex Luthor. His nemesis was way more powerful than him, and only through very clever thought and careful planning was he able to keep Superman on a short leash. Definitely an underdog of a villain whereas most superhero bad guys just have ridiculous overpowered abilities.

Ravenok Kinnes
12-18-06, 06:52 PM
Amy, that isn't the reason why Sephiroth wants to destroy the world. If you were a real FF fan you would know that.

Yes, Sephiroth does learn about his origins, but that isn't the only reason why he is the villain. He also learns that his genetic mother Jenova was an Ancient, the true beings of the world. Humans just came, invaded and took over. Because of that, he felt it was his duty to take over the world for his mother, and find the Promised Land.

He was angry about being some form of experiment, but wasn't the only reason. When he killed Aeris, it was so he could prevent her from calling Holy, which would've saved the planet basically. I believe Meteor was some form of "if I don't get it, then none of you do" type of thing, though I may be wrong.

Correct me if I am wrong with anything I just said, that's what I know off the top of my head.

Now, away from that subject, I would like to say that Vergil from DMC3 is definitely one of the most kickass villains ever. He's got the cool and calm attitude, and chops people's heads off lightning fast without a word.

And as far as Althanas characters go, I don't really think any PCs can really be called 'villains,' per se. None of us walk around, trying to destroy the world in some sinister plot. But there are evil characters, and(not just because he's my character) i'd have to say that Ravenok is pretty badass in terms of being evil. He'll kill you if you try and touch him, he'll swear profusely at you if you make him mad, and he's strong enough to take a guy's head off with a punch or kick. Also like Vergil, he's got sortof a cool and calm attitude(when he isn't angry, of course). But not to Vergil's extent.

Lord_Byron
12-18-06, 06:55 PM
I always tended to like Father Abbott Markwart from RA Salvatore's Demon Wars saga... why? because he was a corrupt leader of warrior monks... what more could you want?

Nothing like being a bad guy with holy intent.

hamnat
12-18-06, 07:17 PM
Hmm, that's a tough question. For me, it's a tie between Mojo Jojo, from The Powerpuff Girls and Xykon, from The Order Of The Stick. Both are totally nuts and possess massive amounts of humor, which to me is an important aspect of a true villian.

OOTS FTW!!!!

and I totally agree, Xykon is the greatest villain ever, although he does tie with Mojo Jojo...Go, Monkey, Go!!!

As for Xykon, (while looking down at a valley with a hobgoblin city, whose inhabitants just happened to have sworn allegiance)"I think I just had an evilgasm"

Talon
12-18-06, 08:01 PM
I gotta go with Zeikfried from Wild Arms.

For the funny, go with Zed from Wild Arms or Liz and Ard from WA2. Both quite funny.

Dante
12-18-06, 08:04 PM
Dracula. You just can't get better than the vampire.

Vorin
12-18-06, 08:07 PM
*cough*

I take offense to that sir.

Dante
12-18-06, 08:27 PM
*cough*

I take offense to that sir.

How so?

Vorin
12-18-06, 08:29 PM
Full Name: Vorin Káno Le Sereg
Race: Vampire

This is how so, so.

Vorin could take Dracula, one on one.

Dante
12-18-06, 08:31 PM
Full Name: Vorin Káno Le Sereg
Race: Vampire

Well, my apologies then. However, to be fair, I'm not well aquainted with your character. Maybe you should join my quest so I can get to know him better.

Doppelganger
12-18-06, 09:40 PM
Amy, that isn't the reason why Sephiroth wants to destroy the world. If you were a real FF fan you would know that.

Yes, Sephiroth does learn about his origins, but that isn't the only reason why he is the villain. He also learns that his genetic mother Jenova was an Ancient, the true beings of the world. Humans just came, invaded and took over. Because of that, he felt it was his duty to take over the world for his mother, and find the Promised Land.

As I recall, Jenova was not an ancient, but a malevolent being that fell to the earth from space and took on the guise of an ancient. I believe that's what created the 'Northern Crater' featured in the game, and caused the planet to form the "Weapons" to... guard the crater or something, I dunno. Then, while disguised, Jenova proceeded to kill most of the ancients. This, of course, is coming from someone who didn't much care for Sephiroth or the game itself, so I might have that wrong.

In my humble opinion, although you can't fault Sephiroth's attitude, appearance, and abilities as being that of a damn cool villain, his motivations were where it fell flat for me. But then I could never manage to really 'get into' FFVII anyhow. That, however, risks going into a whole other debate which I've had numerous times before and don't want to have again here. There are dozens upon dozens of threads already in existence on the internet to argue about which Final Fantasy (if any) was the best, so I'd rather not turn this into one.

Reiko
12-18-06, 10:15 PM
Shinbo from Jet Li's Twin warriors. He's my favorite because in the beginning he's treated as a hero and is developed as such until his lust for power leads him to betray his friends for power.

Komosatuo
12-18-06, 10:42 PM
He isn't really a villian, but he is a convict. More like an Anti-Hero, but my favorite character all around.

Riddick.

Yo.

Empyrean
12-18-06, 11:18 PM
I'm glad someone mentioned Ganondorf, more commonly known as Ganondork. That guy was awesome.

Definitely Hannibal Lector. I would also say the Wicked Witch of the West, although after reading Wicked, by Gregory Maguire, my view of her has been considerably altered.

Also on my list are Voldemort, Sauron, Knives (from the anime Trigun, for those who haven't seen it), and Gaston from Beauty and the Beast. Shut up, he is definitely one of the most amusing villains out there.

Seth_Rahl
12-19-06, 07:34 AM
I also like DBZ's Broly. He is tottaly psychotic, without a doubt.

Stevo
12-19-06, 12:26 PM
He was angry about being some form of experiment, but wasn't the only reason. When he killed Aeris, it was so he could prevent her from calling Holy, which would've saved the planet basically. I believe Meteor was some form of "if I don't get it, then none of you do" type of thing, though I may be wrong.

Sephiroth summoned meteor to wound the planet, threatening its very existence. I believe meteor wasnt going to destroy it.

Think of what Bugenhagen explained in his planetarium: The planet gathers the lifestream (mako) to restore wounds. So what if a wound threatens the very life of the planet? How much power would gather there.

Basically Sephiroth was going to absorb the power of the lifestream that would gather in the crater meteor would make. Making him one with the planet.

Seth_Rahl
12-19-06, 12:28 PM
Stevo's right. Sephiroth explained his plan, I think, somewhere in the second disk. He also says it in Advent Children, before the big epic battle.

Cyrus the virus
12-19-06, 12:42 PM
Kefka. Just so everyone knows, I would win a Kefka versus Sephiroth debate, so don't start one. ;)

I have a few other villains on my favorites list, such as Luca Blight, Vegeta (from the Saiyan Saga), and Queen Zeal. But Kefka's better than them for a few reasons, one being his music, another being his accomplishments.

And for all the people who worship One Winged Angel, the song, Dancing Mad's every bit as good, just not as exposed.

Stevo
12-19-06, 12:50 PM
Shinbo from Jet Li's Twin warriors. He's my favorite because in the beginning he's treated as a hero and is developed as such until his lust for power leads him to betray his friends for power.

This reminds me of Jowy in suikoden 2.

Cyrus the virus
12-19-06, 12:52 PM
Jowy didn't go to Highland for power, though I can see why that could be misinterpreted. His motives were difficult to see sometimes, but he went there to end the war.

MiaKane
12-19-06, 01:43 PM
well, Sarah Kerrigan, the queen of blades (starcraft) was cool, Johnny THM was a good one too, the new fuerer from the Hellsing series (rip van winkle was good too :3) and then there was the french in monty python, search for the holy grail, and the ultimate evil badasses

G1 transformers Megatron, Galvatron, and Unicron

Corvus MacCallum
12-19-06, 02:18 PM
For games,its tricky I want to say Caim in Drakengard 2 but he never really changed from hero to villain at all between the games, he was a sadistic blood-thirsty bastard out for revenge from day one and fully enjoyed slaughtering any opponent in front of him, ah tis why I loved Drakengard so much, you had the perverts the psychotics and the sheer nut-jobs in your group as the heroes and the villains were even worse...then along comes the sequel and hes taking revenge again but this time on the world that shafted him..hell just the stuff he did between games was damn class, dragging Mannah the girl that nearly destroyed the world(and suceeded in other endings) along to see every persons life she ruined, every death she caused and force her to take that abuse, some treatment to give an eight year old heheh. Then he winds up becoming the toughest boss in the whole game, showing precisely why he was the hero of 1 and far superior to the pretty boy wishy washy Nowe (a real sign that Squaresoft wanted to take better control on it,urgh give us back heroes with balls!). Not to mention his appearances in the cut-scenes all solid gold and his big finish absolute perfection.

For a truer villain though in video games...due to bad memory and playing it recently have to go with Zasalamel of Soul Calibur 3,its plotline isn`t great but I loved his motivation,he wasn`t out to conquer the world of slay all before him, he sought death and had made every preperation he could to acheive it, suceed and he dosen`t just expire he spends his last moments writing up all his life-times of knowledge...not fond of him in any sense but I did love his whole purpose.

For a typical villain in movie land no one will ever make me decide otherwise than the original Jack Nicholas Joker,the man was perfection in the role and gave him so much vibrance and character, the perfect representation of a psycopath who had trouble cutting out pictures in the lines heh. As for the more absurd one, Bubba Ho Tep himself, few other villains get so bored during their time on the earth that they take the time to scrawl insults on the bathroom wall heh,plus those boots were fantastic.

Think that`ll do for now,still pondering over anime villains.

Stevo
12-20-06, 12:32 PM
I must say that I didnt really admire the "plotline" of soul calibur 3 as a whole. It was a bit thin imo.

Raphael is kinda cool in part 3 tho. Even more evil than part 2. Plus he looks almost exactly like I imagined an old char of mine , with exception of clothes and hair color. I just had a good idea! I'll edit his colors to look like my old char and make a photo of it sometime :)

If i can get myself to start up the game without getting ..."delayed" by the item store merchant... ^.~

Artifex Felicis
12-20-06, 12:40 PM
Stop choking the bishop. =P

Also, for pure evil-ness. Diablo, from Diablo!

Holy Crap did that just happen Villain: Most every FF villain. Fight the Normal form, then the super all-powerful form imediatly after you cut them into forty pices and they're still fine. Really, is that NEEDED?

And for Under Apreciation: General Grevious from Star Wars

Teutonic Knight
12-20-06, 03:32 PM
since I heard some DBZ Majin Boo I think is another super villain he did kill alot of the sayians and just regular people. Darth Vader was a pretty sweet villain too.

Atzar
12-20-06, 03:35 PM
Darth Vader was indeed an excellent villain.

Oh, and Bowser. He's a living representation of the term "big, dumb and ugly." This makes him awesome.

Teutonic Knight
12-20-06, 03:37 PM
Darth Vader was indeed an excellent villain.

Oh, and Bowser. He's a living representation of the term "big, dumb and ugly." This makes him awesome.

I thought bowser was cute...

Zook Murnig
12-20-06, 04:11 PM
I find Magus to be my favorite villain, though he did technically become a hero in the end (depending on how you handled it). Dark castle. Devious henchmen. Worshipped by monsters. And, above all else, powerful shadow magic. What more could you want? The guy's a badass.

I've heard good (er...bad?) things about Kefka, too, but I've never played that game.

Solomon
12-22-06, 03:39 PM
Sephiroth is among my favourite villians, even if he's getting over exposed nowadays, just thinking back to the original gameplay of FF7 gives him that 'evil' sort of feeling. A good character in my thoughts.

Here's a comical villian that I haven't seen yet. The original Dr. Robotnic! Short tempered, chubby, and evil geniused (not a real word, but you get the picture.) He creates robots to fight a sarcastic and punkish hedgehog, then has everything blow up in his face in the end! Very funny sinister man

Solomon
12-22-06, 03:41 PM
OH, add Magneto to that list mentioned above! He's also one of my favouites. Dangerously powerful, seeking domination, yet also respectful to 'old friends'