PDA

View Full Version : Shadow of Another - Re-registration *PRIORITY*

AsukaStrikes
04-05-06, 10:25 PM
Sorry, I just need this to ge approved quickly or else she won't make it to the Serenti in time. 0 EXP and 100 GP.

Name: Asuka Murakama
Race: Human (Akashiman)
Occupation/Trade: Wanderer
Height: 5’10”
Weight: 120
Hair Color: Shiny Copper
Eye Color: Light Emerald Green

Appearance: Her looks and demeanor suggested that she was a high-born, though the girl insisted she was never one. Her long, copper hair is usually tied back with a black ribbon to resemble a free-flowing pony-tail with some loose hair flowing down her shoulders. The hairstyle, she thought, would not hinder her very much and she cared less if it frames her oval face and almond-shaped eyes really well. Her lithe, hourglass form is, although not very prominent, is enough to attract a few lustful stares from the common tavern-goers around town. She moves through the crowd with a purpose, determination often painted clear on her face. Often times one will find her sitting alone at the bar, heaving a sigh and wondering about her next course of action. Her longsword, the Kazeryu, is slung parallel to the ground on the back of her belt with the pommel pointing out to the right.

Personality: Quite a cynical mind lies under the visage of this hardened beauty. She is not very open to strangers and will sometimes make snide remarks just for kicks. It’s not that she looks down on them; she is merely cursing her own inept strength and power to change her own fate in the past. Thus, she seeks to become even stronger than she is now regardless of the hardship she will need to endure. If one can really break through her dark demeanor, they will find a very broken and tattered soul wanting a place to rest. If only there was someone she can lean on… (Alignment: Chaotic Neutral)

Weapons: The Kazeryu: A 3’ long broad-bladed steel longsword with straight hard edges and a flat blade, the 28” double-edge blade tapering into a sharp point only at the last six inches. At 4 inches across and a mere half-inch thick, the cutting edge runs all around the blade and very sharp, glinting dull light-grey against the daylight shine. The flat surface is matted, unlike the sharpened portions, and carries a strange design near the wide blade’s base. This weapon has nothing that resembles a crossguard whatsoever. The linen-wrapped grip is 8” long, enough for both her slender hands to grip comfortably in the heat of battle, though often times she will only wield with one. The pommel is a single loop of steel, large enough for her to put three fingers through easily.

Armor: Currently she wears a form-fitting studded leather tanktop and a tattered long jacket. The arms were ripped off and you can see multiple fraying cuts on the back of the simple cotton jacket where the scabbard could be seen through the slits.

Items:

Spiritstone Pendant: Resembling pure quartz, Asuka has a deep bond with the strange crystal. Sometimes, when within 10 yards of a very strong magic source or wandering ghosts/spirits, the pendant will glow dimly like the pale moon. ((Abilities to unlock later on))
Leather pouches: Two small leather pouches are attached to her belt, allowing her to put small objects into the hold for safe-keeping. Both are large enough to put her fist into and the one on her left side is generally used to store her hard-earned gold. The other one, located on her right side, served to hold other trivial trinkets she might come by along the way.

Skills:

Dragon Dance – A fighting system developed and handed down from generation to generation in the family, it utilizes mobility and agility to strike the opponent while also keeping balance of the force-counterforce flowing around the fighter with circular body motion. Asuka is training the sword arts for use with Kazeryu, the Wind Dragon. Her style consists of circling the opponent, attack with quick successive slashes with the blade and utilizes a few kicking moves she knows. The strikes and kicks, however, are at novice level at best. She can’t knock down large and heavy opponents but she can still compensate with her evasive techniques. Proficiency with this art is at the novice level.

Okaze Slash: As she focuses her strength into the Kazeryu blade, a light bluish aura exudes out from the excess of spirit being drawn from the user to the blade. Then, using a large portion of her strength, slices the air before her in a skewed arc. The resulting force causes a strong wind blade that can cut the flesh fairly deep (maybe about a cm deep if unprotected). Iron armours and up are unaffected as the wind merely disperses against the strong metal, but cloth and leather might become slashed as deep as half an inch. The strength of the wind blade is that of iron. One can try to block with their weapon or shield, though only the protected portions will remain undamaged. The extent of the wind blade’s reach is 5 yards at best and will immediately disperse beyond the range, leaving only a rush of cold wind to be felt. Because of the strain the attack puts on the user’s arm and spirit, this can only be used once a day (IC) and require a full rest of at least 6 IC hours for full recovery until it can be used again.

Dodge: By moving her body out of the attack path just seconds before contact, she can evade an attack and go in for a close-up counterattack. Great timing and concentration is required and will not work with tracking or magic-based attacks. Dodging success rate at Asuka’s current level is 30% for a medium-speed attack and 15% for projectiles (at the average speed of an arrow from a short bow). Evasion rate for bolts, bullets and other similar solid projectiles is at 5%.

Dash: Asuka can rush up to opponents fairly quickly, closing the gap between them in a matter of seconds. As of now, she can dash as quickly as 6 meters per second. Requires quite a bit of room to maneuver so not very good in tight space. This also drains the user from sheer exhaustion if used for too long (more than 30 IC seconds straight) or too frequently (more than 3 times in 1 IC day at a rate of 4 meters per second rush).

History:

Legend says that for every person born into the world, a counter-force is also begotten. Be it true or not, no one knows for sure…

“Hey, Asuka! There’s someone who wants to see you out front!” A raspy voice called out from the storefront. Turning to the guest, an obvious man of nobility judging by the royal blue suit and shiny leather shoes, an old man in his 60’s bowed slighty and gestured for the prospective customer to have a seat. “Please be a bit patient. She could be rather… callous to such calls.”

Not long after the well-dressed noble reluctantly sat down on a rickety wooden stool (the old man insisted that it was their best available), the object of his admiration appeared out from the storage room. Behind her sharp, attentive eyes flow a mane of deep crimson hair, brushing lightly against the autumn draft breezing through the opened door. The teen made her way to the counter and planted her palms firm against the weathered oak countertop. Her eyes, though shining an alluring emerald green, glared hard at the nobleman seated not for from her.

“So, what’ll it be for today, sir.” The maiden ended her phrase with a hint of irritation. How could she not be irritated? The man before her had stopped by this shop for nearly every day of the past few weeks. The man was not interested with the weaponry on display, however, but was much more interested in the weaponsmith’s daughter instead. “A sword, a mace, perhaps a nice shiny new pair of greaves? Make your pick.”

The aristocrat merely shook his head lightly, chuckling in that annoying tone of an outright superiority before approaching the counter. As the grinning pretty boy stopped at the counter, his flawless face mere inches from the glaring redhead teen, a heavy bag of gold plopped down on the hard wooden surface.

“My, my, my. Dear Asuka, do you really think you can hide form me? I would know you anywhere with that luscious face of yours.” The snob turned and leaned against the counter, his left hand toying with the bag of gold casually. “I don’t mind you escaping your horribly dull life in the Akashiman Highcourt, but would you be so kind to, perhaps, allow me to have your hand?” Turning around to face the maiden, he held up the leather pouch and gave the coins a shake, producing light jingles of metal-on-metal. “This is just a small portion of my own wealth. I don’t care for your father’s riches, I just want YOU by my – ”

His sentence cut short by a not-so-pleasant bare-knuckle punch as he staggered backwards, cupping a bleeding nose. Mumbling and cursing in a muffled scream, the pouch flew after him and smacked square across his precious groomed hairstyle.

“I don’t know and I don’t care who you are! Either you buy stuff in this store or you just stay clear! This place is not a brothel – ” The redhead girl shouted after the disgraced noble as he stumbled back into his coachwagon, “ – and I’m not for sale!”

Returning to the storage room, Asuka couldn’t help wonder what in Althanas’ name happened to the nobles lately. It all seemed to start with the outcast of the Yamihara girl several months back, a person Asuka never knew about. People kept telling her, though, that the two of them might have been twins. You must be kidding! I’m no high-born like her! No way she can look like me! She remembered saying that to one of the maids from the Yamihara Estate. No way I look like her…

~~~~~~~
Since the day she could remember, she had always been the only child. Born to a lowly but highly skilled weaponsmith, Katou Murakama, she was his only pride and joy. Growing up amidst blades and spikes, the girl grew up hardened and bold. However, her father never told her who her mother was. Now, 19 years since she opened her eyes to the world, her birth remained a mystery.

“You know are my daughter,” her father would answer everytime she asked about her parents. “And that’s all that matters to me.”
~~~~~~~

Time went by and the sound of her father’s hammer ceased. Now, the metallic object lie lifeless on its master’s anvil, no longer able to craft wonderful swords renown with the name of Murakama. With no one left to reveal the origin of her birth, Asuka decided it’s time she finds out the truth on her own.

“But… where should I start, uncle Yamaki? I don’t know anyone…”

The bearded old man leaned back against the counter and stroked his long bleached beard thoughtfully. “Hmm… Well, I’m stumped.” The elder chuckled to himself after a while, provoking the hothead youth to growl angrily. “What is it, old man?” She mumbled.

“Oh, ho, nothing.” Yamaki chuckled, “It’s just that you and that Yamihara gal sure look alike. Why, if you were a tad sweeter, you’ll look exactly like her!”

“Oh, shut your trap, old man. I don’t want to hear about that snob again.”

Wait… maybe she knows something… I need to know.

Leaving the store for her uncle to manage, the determined youth heads off to find the Yamihara highborn armed with one of her father’s prized sword. In her mind, only one thing remained prominent on her mind. She might know something. There MUST be a reason why we look so alike…

Dissinger
04-05-06, 11:06 PM
Approved.