PDA

View Full Version : A Quest Into High Society

Dante
12-18-06, 08:00 PM
I haven't fully gotten down the details yet, but what I have goes as follows:

A group of people want a specific family heirloom (a 'sacred' relic) from a duke of somewhere or other
They employ a team of people to go get it
The team of people have to go undercover as nobles and gain the trust of the duke
Then they have to ferret the secret out of him, slip past guards, open the safe, and steal it
Lastly they have to hand it over to their employers

The setting will probably take place in a mansion of some sort. I suppose we should have them enter during a ball or dinner party so that their sudden appearance will go unquestioned.

Characters needed:
-Someone who will have no problem slipping into the society of Nobles and pretending to be one of them.
-Someone who is good with disguises

Characters in:
Dante
Ravenok
Javet
Fihrinn

Ravenok Kinnes
12-18-06, 08:10 PM
Hm, sure. This will test my ability to disguise Ravenok as a noble(which will be harder than most other people).

You can PM me with the details when you get them, or just to talk things over.

Dante
12-18-06, 08:56 PM
Okay I added some more...details.

EDIT: Eh, this isn't getting much attention... We'll start tomorrow anyway.

Ravenok Kinnes
12-19-06, 01:49 PM
Oh man, do I have a great idea for the thread. I won't tell you here, it'll be in the quest thread(something about Ravenok's guise).

So, when the thread is done, will you put a link in here please?

Dante
12-19-06, 04:36 PM
Ah, now you've got me wondering. More incentive to make me actually sit down and start, though.

Javet
12-19-06, 04:45 PM
You wouldn't mind if I came into this as well, do you? I need to get Javet started somewhere.

Dante
12-19-06, 04:48 PM
No problem at all.

Fenris
12-19-06, 04:58 PM
Hmm...this is just the kind of thing Fihrinn would love. Still open?

Dante
12-19-06, 05:40 PM
Yes, it is.

Fenris is the last one. Otherwise I think it will be too full.

Some things to go over:

-If someone doesn't post for an unreasonable period of time then just keep moving. That includes me as well.

http://althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=44922#post44922

Ravenok Kinnes
12-19-06, 07:19 PM
Well, no specific posting order. If only two of the people are here they shouldn't keep going on and on(that's my suggestion).

But okay, just try not too keep posting, let everyone go... Please?

Dante
12-19-06, 07:33 PM
I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I think I get it.

What I meant by 'if someone doesn't post' as in if they're absent.

By no posting order I'm allowing people's characters to keep up a dialogue while waiting for other characters to progress in the storyline.

Does that clear things up?

Ravenok Kinnes
12-19-06, 08:04 PM
I mean, if two out of six people are here, they shouldn't go and do ten or twenty repeated posts, replying only to what the other said. That would be like the others are suddenly frozen in time. It's also hard for the others to catch up when they come back.

A dialogue is fine, yes. But I mean, two people shouldn't go off and do/finish the quest all on their own.

Javet
12-19-06, 08:11 PM
I'll[ be replying shortly, and I apologize in advance if my posts aren't quite as long as the others.

Dante
12-19-06, 08:31 PM
Javet, that is fine. I plan to slow down too.

Ravenok you are the most experienced person in the quest and obviously you know best how this site works.

So yes, that means a reinstated posting order.

Ravenok Kinnes
12-19-06, 08:36 PM
I think that Javet will work perfectly for this type of quest.

Eh, i'm not that experienced. Just know that it's smoother if there is some type of order. It's your choice, though. I'm not saying you need to do anything.

Oh yeah, and I already got my intro in.

Dante
12-19-06, 08:57 PM
Yes, I noticed. It was a very nice intro.

You are most definately the most experienced on the thread, no need for humility there.