PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon Delights

Vorin
12-19-06, 01:40 PM
(((Closed)))

"That's a lovely suit you're wearing," grinned the vampire beneath his teeth of pearl. As he carefully moved his hand over the table, Vorin could only hold back the soft laughter coming up from his throat. "It compliments the day well."

"Thanks," replied the boy absently, naivety plastering his face like a mask. "It really is a nice day out. Very nice for an outing." The occasional zephyr kept the boy's soft brown curls from his eyes. It was an ideal afternoon in the fields. Tall grass grazed against the legs of the two gentlemen, as if waving to the sun high in the air. As hushed wind blew across the rolling hills in the distance, the pair could only hold tightly the cards in their hand. It was a cheap deck, the quality matching perfectly the table they were played on.

"Where did you get it?"

"The afternoon?" Inquired the puzzled lad.

Another soft laugh chocked Vorin's throat. He hadn't been as happy in months. "No my dear. I meant the suit." He eyed his cards craftily, but his poker face was already broken.

"Oh yes. Sorry. A small tailor's shop in Radasanth." The boy's face crinkled in delight as he looked over his hand. "Charming little place."

"They specialize in unusual designs?" Inquired Vorin as he exchanged two cards from the deck. His bare fingers wrinkled the fragile paper. "Such cheap material."

"They said this suit's concept came from a realm called Earth." He squealed at the word Earth. For most Althanians, Earth held an exotic taste that the rich fancied and the poor envied. The soft chirp of June bugs in the distance reminded the boy of his game. "How many hands? Oh, and what shall our stakes be." The vampire seemed reserved, his empty eyes held his mind deep in thought. He had heard of Earth before and was curious to heard more about it. "Excuse me?" shyly asked the boy.

"Sorry my dear." Vorin loved the twinkle he saw in the boy whenever he used the word. "I suppose five or so hands should suffice. It would declare a clear winner, although I'm sure you'll beat me. I'm a bit rusty at poker." The boy giggled at the vampire's carefully chosen words. Laying his hand down flat, the vampire watched the sparkle in each of his nails reflecting the sun. "As for stakes," he smirked. "I want you to strip for me." His tone was deadpan, as if his request was simple enough.

He could hear the young man's heart racing, no preternatural senses required. The boy shifted uncomfortably on the rock he sat on, for obvious male reasons. The vampire saw the boy's throat twitch in a small, silent gulp.

The game had begun.