PDA

View Full Version : a little addition

Zerith
12-21-06, 04:33 PM
"Who would've thought digging through that pile of ash would pay off?"

That's exactly what the brown-haired halberdier told himself as he entered the bazaar. The statement couldn't be further from the truth. Luck had to have been favoring him when he was digging through those piles of ash. Finding something from the few piles that were once demons was a long shot. But somehow the halberdier was blessed to find some demonhide.

"I guess it must have some resistance to fire. It's only logical considering those demons burnt to ashes.

Actually he didn't give a damn about the logic behind it. He had demonhide! Even though he didn't have alot, it didn't matter. Up until know he had only heard of the material. Even as he carried the black hide to the counter he couldn't believe he actually posessed some. What would Rheawien think now? would she still think he was just a kid? Better yet, what would Grander Raelyse think? He could have his fortress and his riches, Zerith had demonhide.

"Hello," Zerith said and smiled brightly as he placed the demonhide on the counter. "You wouldn't believe the luck I had to stumble across some of this stuff. Anyways, I know it's not alot. But I think it's just enough for what I have in mind."

Before he continued, the halberdier stopped to remove his spiked bracer and placed them on the counter. "I'm not sure if you could do this, but I definityly know that there is enough demonhide for a pair of bracers. Instead of making a new pair, I'd like you to put the demonhide overtop the pair I already have. That way I still have my spiked bracers, but the outer layer of hide would make them flame resistant."

"So," Zerith said as he reached for his gold pouch. "Do you think it's possible?"

(OOC- Demonhide was rewarded here (http://althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=552))

Artifex Felicis
12-26-06, 12:23 AM
((HOLY CRAP I forgot about this. Sorry about that, and please excuse this small post. I just wnat to get you serving. I'm terribly sorry bout the delay.))

"That'll be 150 gold for some well made bracers sir," the merchant said after a couple days of inspection. "Antyhing special you wish to add in to them. Some spikes or something sir?"

Zerith
01-03-07, 07:05 PM
"Actually, I thought that since these bracers already had spikes in them I could just keep those ones. Though now that you mention it, how much would it cost to have some razors added? Just a few would do and it would be great if they could run down the full length of the bracers."

"Also," Zerith added his he reached into his pocket and retrieved a coupon. "I stumbled across this on my travels. It says it's good for one free upgrade to one of my belongings. Can you tell me if this offer includes getting an item enchanted? If it's possible, I already came up with one in mind."

((The coupon was awarded here (http://althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=114&page=4)))

Artifex Felicis
01-04-07, 11:15 PM
"Sorry bout that sir, they'll only be 50 gold then for the demonhide to be added to the bracers, as for that enchantment, it'll depend on how powerful it is sir," the merchant replied quickly.

Zerith
01-05-07, 02:40 PM
"Alright then, 50 gold it is to get the demonhide added to the bracers. Is that uncluding having razors added or no?" the halberdier asked.

"Actually, the enchantment is more important to me. Though I am finding it difficult to understand why it depends on the type of enchantment. I believe the coupon did say an upgrade was free. Either way I all wanted was an enchantment on my halberd," Zerith said as he placed his prized possession on the counter. "What I had in mind was some sort of lightning enchantment. Nothing really major, I don't want it to turn into a lightning bolt when thrown or anything like that. I'm thinking that I'd just like to have it crackle with electricity. Y'know, have some little bolts course down the shaft or along the blade and spear tip. It's more for intimidation, though I wouldn't mind having it be able to give someone a shock or something."

Artifex Felicis
01-06-07, 06:05 PM
The merchant scratched his chin. He dealt in enchantments, though minor ones with some problems. His magicks often tended to pulse and weaken as time went on. Not that it mattered, it usually evened out in the end. "I think that would work out alright, though any shock will be weak. I'll just need to send it out back to get it done by my assisstant."

Zerith
01-07-07, 12:08 AM
"Sure, I'm just relieved I get the enchantment I had in mind. Hopefully it'll have a little more punch than just a simple shock, but I also don't want it to make people lose feeling in their arms or anything like that. As long as the opponent feels something that will make them reconsider what they're doing, that'll be perfect."

"So," Zerith's voice faded as he counted the amount of gold the merchant mentioned earlier. "With the coupon taking care of the enchantment. I believe you said it'll be 50 gold to have the demonhide and razors added to the bracers. Since the spikes are already there, there's not need to pay for them as well."

"So here is 50 gold," the halberdier said as he placed the money on the counter. "I'm looking forward to seeing what the end result will be."

Artifex Felicis
01-11-07, 02:53 PM
"You got it, and here," the man replied to the warrior in his shop. He had taken the item to be enchanted and enchated it while the man was waiting. "Anything else sir?"

((50 taken, and transcation complete if you don't want anything else.))