PDA

View Full Version : Grettings from me

Djakara
12-25-06, 09:03 PM
Well, I've pretty much blew the general theme of this message in the title of the post, so here is the rest.

1) I've seen a bit of this site, so I should kinda know the ropes.
2) I don't really like anime or comics
3) My favourite author is Pramoedya Ananta Toer

Now that you know that, please welcome me.

Raelyse
12-25-06, 09:13 PM
Your first greeting is from me. You are blessed.

Chiroptera
12-25-06, 09:19 PM
No anime? Not even Cowboy Bebop? I just watched the last two episodes today. You gotta admit that that show is money.

At least a little bit . . .

You're still welcome!:D

Vorin
12-25-06, 09:23 PM
Your third welcome is from me. Thy end is near.

Djakara
12-25-06, 09:23 PM
I've never seen Cowboy Bebop, so I can not comment on whether or not it is in fact "money." I've seen Robotech and Full Metal Alchemist, and some other stuff I'm not sure what it was, but none of it really had an impression on me.

I tend to like snappy dialogue. Anime doesn't really have it.

Thanks for the welcomes though.

Ther
12-25-06, 09:53 PM
Welcome! I'm not huge into anime either...is this site known for that or something?

Djakara
12-25-06, 09:58 PM
I don't want to speak for the reputations for the site. I just saw a bunch of anime avatars. Plus, my character has some feline traits, and I didn't want people to think it was any japanese furry type character. Not that there is anything wrong with that, thats just not how my character rolls.

You know...

Reiko
12-25-06, 11:26 PM
hihi and welcome^^

Though you probably won't be too fond of my characters. they have heavy anime influences.

though I think Robotech and FMA are not good places to judge good anime from. Robotech is stupid and FMA has jumped the shark like Naruto.

though I agree your character is safely not Kemono or Manga catperson types^^

Djakara
12-25-06, 11:28 PM
I don't have anything against characters who are anime or anything like that (I fear this thread is turning into an antianime diatribe, which was hardly my intention). I just don't like watching it on TV.

It's the translation of anime that bothers me more than anything else. None of it seems to have the same kind of snappy dialogue that I like.

Letho
12-25-06, 11:33 PM
Your name is one letter away (more or less) from being the same as the capital of Indonesia, Jakarta. :P

Other then that, as I said in your registration thread, welcome to Althanas. You certainly seem to have a lot of potential and I hope you stay here for quite a while. In case you decide not to, we'll just have to get one of the more sadistic characters (like Witchblade) to tie you down and torture you. Nothing changes minds as well as torture. :cool:

Djakara
12-25-06, 11:37 PM
Your name is one letter away (more or less) from being the same as the capital of Indonesia, Jakarta. :P

Other then that, as I said in your registration thread, welcome to Althanas. You certainly seem to have a lot of potential and I hope you stay here for quite a while. In case you decide not to, we'll just have to get one of the more sadistic characters (like Witchblade) to tie you down and torture you. Nothing changes minds as well as torture. :cool:

Wow... you win like super bonus points. That was intentional. My character's name is a play on Melaka Fray from the comic by Joss Whedon (one of the few comics I've read that I've liked). Since Malacca is a strait that borders Indonesia (in addition to Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand) I figured I'd make my character's name a play on the capaital city of Indonesia (I figured Djakarta had a better ring to it than Singapore, Kuala Lumpur or Bangkok).

AdventWings
12-25-06, 11:39 PM
Hahaha. You, me, good sir. Dubbed Anime is horrid.

For some "good" Anime, with a few snappy dialogues mingled in with deep, philosophical thoughts, try Samurai 7, Ghost in the Shell series or Kino's Journey. I suggest Subtitled versions and listening to it in Japanese. ;)

Anyways, welcome! We are rather open-minded here so you can tell us what you think. As long as it is civil and polite (Hmm... are those two the same thing?) they are OK to be posted here. :)

Random snippet: I'm Thai. :D

Artifex Felicis
12-25-06, 11:41 PM
You're kinda right on some things. But it also depends on what you watch. Snappy dialouge in the Drama sense you probably wouldn't find in a comedy and stuff. Anime probably has something for you, but it's mainly because it has something for everyone. Just like Liveacting TV! Either way, ignoring that, the more pressing issue!

You don't like comics! *gasp* Then aain, whenever I hear comic I think of stuff like Dilbert, so it all depends.

Aside from that, welcome to Althanas from the residental cat boy, I've slowly been trying to move away from blatent japenese cat things. Then again, He's also sorta like it. Either way, I blame the chesire cat and a bunch of irish myth for Leon. Also, as I said somewhere else, you're charector looks cool.