PDA

View Full Version : Interest Recruitment

Djakara
12-25-06, 10:51 PM
I'm looking for one person for my debut thread. I appologize for the audacity to ask someone else to join me in my storyline before playing out in any of yours, but I hope this transgression might be offset by the fact that my character has to get to Althanas ICly before he can join in any of your raindeer games.

In what is a good segue into the plot, I will now give you the rest of the details. Djakara is seeking a spacial rift that will transport him to Althanas. He doesn't know its going to take him to Althanas, he just wants to get the hell off of his planet. He lives in what is essentially the asshole of the galaxy, so its hard to blame him. Basically, I'm looking for someone who is adventurous enough to make their way into Distopia through a spacial rift. Doesn't make sense? Read my profile! Too lazy to do that? Here is a brief synopsis:

Djakara comes from a planet ravaged by high tech war. One of the side effects of the war is that it has created a rift in a city called Distopia that currently allows one to step between Althanas and the plannet of Feraiaera (where Djakara is from). So far, no one has been allowed through by the Republic government on the Feraiaera side, and no one from Althanas has tried. You can be the first!

It doesn't matter where you start off or what you were doing before you decided to show up in Feraiaera, all your introduction post needs to have you do is end up in an open dark and polluted area, with barbed wire and guards all around you. We'll work the rest out together from there.

This adventure will take place mostly in a futuristic setting, so characters that wouldn't be comfortable there should probably not apply. Eventually we will get back to Althanas and though I'm not familiar with the spoils system, I have no qualms with anyone grabbing any kind of a gadget they would like as a plot device.

Any takers?

For more information, please consult my intro. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=3576)

Artifex Felicis
12-26-06, 12:15 AM
Despite the fact I had a better post earlier explaining why, I'm interested in this quest. Though I have a question or too if you'll take me. I gotta get to sleep though, but I'll be able to post tomarrow.

Djakara
12-26-06, 12:18 AM
ask any question you want here, or PM me. I'd be happy to answer them. Also, going to sleep seems like a completely reasonable thing to do. It's 1 PM EST!

Also, I should mention, another bloke expressed interest via PM. Since I'd rather not have 3 people, I'm going to pick the character that seems the best fit for the thing if both of you decide you want to do it.