PDA

View Full Version : Althanas Update Error Reporting

Serilliant
12-27-06, 03:32 PM
If you run across any errors, bugs, or anything generally unusual about the operation of Althanas, please report it here.

Todo
Correct AJAX related errors
Fix images on castle skin
Redo postbit
Fix front page

Fixed
Fix ability to upload avatars

Letho
12-27-06, 03:37 PM
My avatar on Letho account seems to be gone, but I guess that's not that much of a problem. However, on default skin, the whole thing got a bit narrower then it used to be.

Djakara
12-27-06, 03:40 PM
It seems that we no longer have post bit information as well. At least on the darkness skin.

EDIT- this applies to other skins as well!

Letho
12-27-06, 03:42 PM
Oh yeah, that too. Also, for some reason I can't change my avatar. I get "unable to save" message every time I try.

EDIT: When typing a post in the "Quick Reply" box and clicking to post it, I get a message that the post is a duplicate, even though it clearly isn't.

Djakara
12-27-06, 03:47 PM
The post counter thing on the front page that says how many new threads and posts there have been since one last logged in is mistaken. It says there are three new threads, and when I click on the link, I only find two.

(I'm assuming that threads in hidden forums wouldn't appear in that count. If they do, that might explain this anomaly as well).

Also, it occurs to me that with all these complaints it might not seem as though we are grateful for the work done on this site, so let me thank you at least on my behalf for going through the trouble of updating the site.

Zook Murnig
12-27-06, 03:55 PM
The account linkage appears to be down, as well. The little arrow next to my name isn't even there. Not a major problem, but it's nice to be able to switch that quickly.

Nonetheless, thank you to everyone involved in the forum change. Speed seems to be a little faster on loading, but that might just be me.

EDIT: Also, the profile stuff on the left is gone.

Serilliant
12-27-06, 04:25 PM
I should have restated that much of the functionality has been disabled while we make sure that everything is compatible with the new version of Althanas. This includes account switching and the sidebar information.

I'll address the other bugs one by one:

Letho - avatar: I think what happened is that you switched your avatar between the time that I downloaded all image content and dumped our database, so the link between the two was severed. As for why you can't upload a new one, that is an error and I will look into it. Added to todo list.

Letho - quick reply: I can't duplicate your error. Are you sure you didn't accidentally try to submit a post twice?

Djakara - Thread counts: That is leftover from some bug testing I did right after the transition. I posted some threads, and then deleted them, and then undeleted them, and so on and so on. Afterward, I did not update our counters. The problem should go away next time you log in.

Zook - Loading time: It should be loading much faster. This new server is much, much better than the old.

Serilliant
12-27-06, 04:28 PM
Well, avatar issue was relatively painless. You can now upload avatars again. Thanks, Letho.

Letho
12-27-06, 05:39 PM
Avatar is cool now, thanks. Also, I'll see what happens to this post and let you know about the duplicate post error.

Another thing. The custom titles used to be bold, not they're italic. Any specific reason for that?

EDIT: No error on the quick post. Though the "Posting Quick Reply - Please Wait" message that appears once you click to post appears twice, once in normal letters and once in bold.

EDIT2: More wierdness. The postbit info is gone when you make a new post/edit the old one. Once you reload the page, it's there.

EDIT3: We didn't have the post count visible before.

EDIT4: On narrower thread. Here's (http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p311/lordtitt0/OLD.jpg) how it used to be, and here's (http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p311/lordtitt0/NEW.jpg) how it's now. I'm maybe nitpicking, but I thought I should mention it as well.

Zook Murnig
12-27-06, 05:48 PM
The Power Group listing on the sidebar is showing as a number, not as the name of a Power Group.

Osato
12-27-06, 06:18 PM
Castle skin has none of the images for the buttons. Stuff like, "report post", "Reply with quote", ect. I'm using IE, but haven't tried mozilla or not.. heh. All I get is a white box with a red x.

Talon
12-27-06, 08:07 PM
The front page doesn't seem to work, but that could have been said already.

Serilliant
12-27-06, 08:47 PM
The postbit is a work in progress. The old system doesn't work with the new version of vB, so I have to relearn some coding things.

The rest have also been added.

Talon
12-27-06, 09:00 PM
When you edit, on the dark skin at least, the "Reason for Editing" thing looks weird. Not a big priority, but something that should be looked at, just in case its affecting other things.

Letho
12-28-06, 07:43 PM
Occasionally, Althanas is inaccessible for short amounts of time. A couple of minutes ago, when I tried to load the page, I couldn't do it. I thought it might be my connection or browser, but some other pages loaded just fine.

Letho
12-28-06, 07:43 PM
Occasionally, Althanas is inaccessible for short amounts of time. A couple of minutes ago, when I tried to load the page, I couldn't do it. I thought it might be my connection or browser, but some other pages loaded just fine.

EDIT: The duplicate post thing happened again. It's weird. I clicked only once.

Chiroptera
12-29-06, 12:08 AM
I'm just dittoing Letho's problem. I get told that the server can't connect, but if I wait and come back a few minutes later it works just fine. It's happened a couple of times today, and only on Althanas because every other site will work just fine.

Raelyse
12-29-06, 01:33 AM
Is the postbit the Quick Reply thing? Cause mine is having some problems.

Serilliant
12-29-06, 03:31 AM
AJAX seems to be causing most of the problems. It has been disabled until I can figure out the source of everything.

Mage Hunter
12-29-06, 04:21 AM
BTW Its impossible to do anything from the frontpage. Logging in wont connect and clicking any of the links reaches dead ends. Probably already reported but wanted to give a heads up.

Letho
12-29-06, 12:37 PM
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1474560 bytes) in /home/althanas/public_html/world/showthread.php(1957) : eval()'d code on line 380Aside from being unavailable from time to time, I also got this message when I tried to load Althanas. Seems like server problem, but then again, I know nothing of servers and sites coding, so I'm probably wrong.

Letho
01-09-07, 03:19 PM
Also, we used to have the quick edit option or whatever the hell it was called when you clicked the edit button and it didn't take you to the advanced editing window, but rather let you edit the post on the same page. It's a minor thing, but it saves some time.

Dirge
01-09-07, 04:02 PM
Castle skin is still torn up a bit... none of the buttons are showing up for me.

Serilliant
01-28-07, 12:39 PM
The quick account switching option has now been re-enabled. All previously linked accounts have been lost, unfortunately. But there is a silver lining.

You may now link your own accounts without needing to PM an administrator and waiting. Simply click on your User CP and you'll notice on the first page an option to link another account to the one you are currently logged in as. Simply add the username and password and the link will be created. To switch accounts, click the little white arrow next to your name at the top of the screen where it says, "Welcome, <username>"

Cyrus the virus
01-28-07, 12:58 PM
I fucking love you. That's it, I'm gay now. Take me you fucking dynamo, you!

Elrundir
01-28-07, 01:01 PM
Best update ever.

Serilliant
01-28-07, 01:03 PM
Castle skin has now been fixed.

Letho
01-28-07, 08:00 PM
Great work, Serilliant.

Also, this is really just a minor glitch that I noticed. I think the statistics aren't being properly updated. It says that most people online in one day was 114 in December, even though nowadays there are 120+ people almost every day. I'm rather fond of statistics.

Sid
01-28-07, 08:01 PM
Isn't it 114 people at the same time, in november?

Letho
01-28-07, 08:04 PM
Most users ever online was 114, December 1st, 2006 at 07:26 AM.That's what I'm seeing in the "What's Going On?" part of the main page. Could be different for different timezones.

Elrundir
01-28-07, 08:05 PM
Yeah, I'm almost positive that counter keeps track of the record number of people online at the same time, not just within a 24-hour period. That would also explain why the time counter is so bang-on precise. ;)

EDIT: Yeah, the time just changes for different time zones. Mine says 1:26 AM on December 1st and unless I'm mistaken about where Letho lives, 6 hours sounds about right for the time difference between us.

Ranger
02-02-07, 11:30 AM
Castle is slightly messed up again. When you hit the "Quick Links" button under the banner it doesn't bring a dropdown bar, but instead gives a bunch of buttons all over that banner thing...

However, directly above the bottom one, is a second one. It has two drop down bars, as does the search up there. Lol.