PDA

View Full Version : The Can-Opener

Dante
12-30-06, 07:33 PM
This is a really strange quest idea, but bear with me.

The characters are recruited by a bunch of monks. They have found a modern day can-opener in the forest, lying next to what appears to be a world portal. The portal is completely new and temporary. The monks are very curious about what the can-opener is and where the portal leads to but none of them are stupid enough to go through and investigate. So what do they do? Hire us of course!

So in essence our character's will be hired to walk through the portal into a place that is basically modern day earth. Their mission: find out what the myserious contraption (the can-opener) is and how to use it.

I'm looking for one person to quest with. Any takers?

EDIT: Oh, and if you're not interested I'm open to suggestions for another quest idea.

AdventWings
01-02-07, 11:18 AM
Heh. Sounds like fun. I bet Mikami will surely like this one.

However... I'll just wait a few days to see if there are other people looking to do this. I'll drop by some time later.

Seth_Rahl
01-04-07, 12:05 PM
Sounds like fun!! Question though, and a mod might be able to answer this; will items retrieved in the "modern day earth" be kept in Althanas? And what type of items will be allowed?

Another question; where is this "portal"?

INDK
01-04-07, 03:40 PM
it depends on what spoils you think you've earned. Also keep in mind you probably shouldn't get anything that would have problems if brought back to a world with no electricity and all that stuff.

Dante
01-05-07, 07:46 PM
Yeah, what INDK said.

I suppose the portal can start out in wherever is most convenient for you guys, and then we'll end up in...New York or something.

Special Forces
01-06-07, 06:59 PM
I'm playing a game were the had an idea like this. Of course it didn't work to many people stood in front of cars.

Seth_Rahl
01-08-07, 12:01 PM
Ouch. Well, if you were a demon, you might survive. ^_^ But anyways, I like the idea. It sounds cool. But we might have to deal with some SWAT teams if i'm commin' along. Not many people react nicely to demons, especially mine. Just remember what happened to the Hulk!

Dante
01-08-07, 07:23 PM
I was thinking along the lines of utter chaos. Sounds like its all planned. :) So should we wait for more people?

Seth_Rahl
01-09-07, 09:22 AM
I can PM a few of my friends to see if they're interested.

AdventWings
01-09-07, 10:40 AM
I'm a no go. Real life works (and paying ones that come far and few between) demand my attention and efforts.

Go on ahead with out me-

Ka-BOOM!

*Gets cut short by an RPG to the back of his head*

...Ow~ :(

Seth_Rahl
01-09-07, 01:28 PM
Ouch. Sorry! ^_^ *takes RPG and puts it in back pocket* this thing misfires sometimes.

Dante
01-09-07, 05:22 PM
Advent- Best wishes to you.

Seth- How about only one more person? If we keep it small then we'll have to pester less people into posting.

EDIT: I can't believe I used the word pester...

Seth_Rahl
01-10-07, 09:22 AM
Hmm, okay...I'll question Rok the Blade.

Dante
01-10-07, 03:20 PM
Cool.

Seth_Rahl
01-12-07, 01:28 PM
Uh, he said he's busy. I can pester Sherin or Tal'Gor or Omega(once he's approved), but...

Dante
01-12-07, 03:59 PM
We can just do it I guess. Two isn't bad and it'll move faster that way.

Special Forces
01-22-07, 03:33 AM
I'm in.