PDA

View Full Version : Kill me and take my stuff

Workout Wonder
12-31-06, 11:09 AM
The thread title indicates what you can do!

Basically, I'm looking for a battle fought outside the citadel, where your character can kill mine and take something from the inventory. Most likely, I'm going to reincarnate the account, so I can't take any of my stuff with me. Since the character is a higher level, a team effort to bring him down is okay. You'll just have to divvy up the stuff amongst you.

Anyhow, the basic plot is going to go like this. Kedx is going to be furious and will decide to make a murderous rampage through underwood. Anyone and everyone is welcome to jump in and stop him.

However, I want to make this interesting, so I'm going to be putting in a few ooc rules.

1) I won't "kill" your character, but if your character gets hurt so bad that he/she's no longer able to fight, you can't continue battling. You can get some of the spoils though.

2) I'd appreciate it if people limited themselves to a single character. That way as many people as want to can participate without making this a clusterfuck.

3) To save bickering at the end, it'd be best if you claimed the spoil you wanted off of Kedx now in this thread, so no two people doubled up.

4) His GP amount is greatly diminished after a bazaar transaction.

Also, if any of you would like to see Kedx buy something for his pyrrhic last battle, post that here too. I'm going to have him go buck wild on this.

People who signed up
Djakara- bow
DakkonRykk- bracers and cash
Artiflex Felicis- GP and maybe something else
Run- Mask
Letho- Jeeves
Christina Bredith- Spidersilk gloves
Izvilvin- Diamond daggers
Zerith- Flaming Rouge
Arsenic Ruin- Prevalida Daggers

Djakara
12-31-06, 11:54 AM
I'd like to take a stab at this, seems like an event and I wouldn't want to miss it.

I'd like to lay claim to the bow and arrows if thats okay.

DakkonRyck
12-31-06, 12:55 PM
I'd like to try this as well- for the sake of trying. And because it could be fun to work with and get to know some other players possibly. Mythril bracers and a bit of extra cash is what I'd be after- send me a PM when this gets going a little more.

Workout Wonder
12-31-06, 01:22 PM
Both of you are in. Artiflex has also indicated his intention to join via AIM.

Others, don't be detered because I've had a couple signups. I welcome as many of you in this adventure as would like to be there!

Run
12-31-06, 01:27 PM
Ugh, I'm tempted to bring Dann Lagh'ratham, but he has so much junk already. Could I maybe have the Flaming Rouge, or the mask? If neither of those, maybe the vlince and fur coat.

Workout Wonder
12-31-06, 01:30 PM
I put you down for Flaming Rouge. Hopefully Dann can show up. Also, I'd have no objection to Dann showing up a bit later than some of the other characters, so you can take your time to get there. Seeing as you know, he's freaking Dann...

Letho
12-31-06, 01:45 PM
I'm totally in. Letho and Kedx have some unfinished business. ;)

EDIT: Also, does Kedx still have Jeeves? Because I remember Damon taking it from him. Either way, I'd like either the revolver (if Kedx still has it) or the diamond daggers (if he doesn't).

And also, awesome to see you back, even if it's just temporarily.

Workout Wonder
12-31-06, 03:18 PM
Damon did take the revolver because it was going to set up a story I don't really care to do any more. So we're just going to assume now that Kedx took the revolver back from Damon before this story started.

I mean, I'd only be bunnying myself.

Letho is signed up.

Also, for the higher level characters, in the interest of making this more fun for everyone, I'd appreciate it if your characters either showed up late, or showed up in some diminished capacity.

I'll have the thread up as soon as my bazaar transaction is complete. Once it's up, I'll still allow people to jump in.

Letho
12-31-06, 03:28 PM
Oh, don't worry about Letho. The majority of his powers are dormant now, so he's around level one or two at best. No freaky strength, no transformations, just a guy with a sword. :cool:

Christina Bredith
12-31-06, 03:37 PM
I'm in a Christina mood lately. Elrundir probably wouldn't lift a finger to help anyway, the ass. I adore the idea of the spidersilk gloves; she definitely wouldn't want to lose her grip on her sword.

Sounds fun!

Workout Wonder
12-31-06, 03:38 PM
sounds facinating! You're in.

Run
12-31-06, 04:40 PM
I actually meant that I was planning on participating solely with this character. If Dann should so happen to stumble in, well, I won't ask anything for him for fairness' sake.

Workout Wonder
12-31-06, 05:00 PM
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=46393#post46393

okay, awesome. Anyhow, the thread is now up. Time to kick ass and take names!

People can still join in. Just claim what you want.

Also, in the interest of fairness, I'm going to only ask the mod award the spoil to those who participate in the thread.

Cyrus the virus
12-31-06, 05:00 PM
Aw, man, I want Izvilvin to have flaming rouge >=(

Instead, I can use him to take those daggers off your hands ;) Isn't this battle a little one-sided now? haha.

Workout Wonder
12-31-06, 05:01 PM
did you just see my bazaar transaction Matt?

anyhow, which dagger pair did you want?

Cyrus the virus
12-31-06, 05:08 PM
...Can I have the diamond daggers and a fire-breathing horse? :cool: If not, the daggers will do fine, as the horses may be underused :p

Workout Wonder
12-31-06, 05:11 PM
Colin wouldn't sell me fire breathing horses. I just have regular evil horses. But you get the daggers.

Anything thats left, I'm going to allow you guys to claim ICly at the end of the thread.

Run
01-01-07, 09:16 PM
Before someone else claims it, and since a sword isn't too effective with July, could you sign me up for the Liviol/Dragonbone mask, and free up the Flaming Rouge? Also, I'll be posting tomorrow afternoon, too much New Year's partying to make a good post...

Workout Wonder
01-01-07, 09:36 PM
alright. Cory was talking on AIM liked he wanted it, but he's too whiney/emo to deserve it.

YOu know, if you go around killing with Kedx's mask, you might just be able to take credit for everything that happened in Underwood.

Also, this thing is still open. Anyone can join! That means you grim137! I know you love to steal people's shit!

grim137
01-01-07, 10:12 PM
Also, this thing is still open. Anyone can join! That means you grim137! I know you love to steal people's shit!

You know I've actually been monitoring this thread and its related quest, so seeing you call me out was kind of creepy. Unfortunately Tarry is about to die so any items I get wouldn't last very long and you don't have any abilities I want. Besides Tarry would more likely side with you than against you.

Workout Wonder
01-01-07, 10:17 PM
I remember any time anyone killed a character or left Althanas oocly, you would post about getting their stuff. I figured this would be up your avenue. However, your rationale makes sense, you're off the hook this time!

Also, can we all team up to kill Tarry?

Cyrus the virus
01-02-07, 01:31 AM
Tarry's death is already mine, dammit :p

grim137
01-02-07, 09:06 AM
Yeah, sorry I already said Cyrus's drow (I will never learn to spell that name) could kill Tarry. However you will all be free to loot his corpse.

AdventWings
01-02-07, 10:59 AM
As much as Murakama wants to get at your stuff, Shyam, I'm making her sit this one out.

Murakama: Hey! I wanted his sword, dangit!

Huh? Did you hear that? Eh, nevermind.

If all goes well, I'd like to be the one monitoring and presiding over the mayhem if you're fine with it. :) None of my Girls or myself will be involved, so nothing for me anyways.

Zerith
01-02-07, 01:39 PM
Well considering that Murakama is being forced to sit out. Zerith is more than willing to step up. Besides, he is going to need a new sword soon anyways.

So with that said I'd like to sign up and claim Flaming Rogue if it's still available.

Cyrus the virus
01-02-07, 02:12 PM
Iz vil vin

It's not hard once you pronounce it right :p

Workout Wonder
01-02-07, 04:25 PM
Zerith is added. Also, people do not need my permission to jump in the thread. If you want to claim something, post it here, but go ahead and post in the thread.

DakkonRyck
01-02-07, 09:40 PM
I'm a bit rusty and a bit wordy- next few posts should get better... that and it should get more into close combat.

Woot.

Cyrus the virus
01-02-07, 09:46 PM
I'll wait a while before entering, maybe another day. It wouldn't be fair for me to bring the incredible Izvilvin in to slay all of his foes in one swipe right away. *flex*

Artifex Felicis
01-02-07, 09:49 PM
I'll probably post in this soon enoug. Also, I'm just saying I don't want anything. I already got the thing for Leon at the moment. :D

DakkonRyck
01-02-07, 09:59 PM
Tomorrow? I better do something by then and get my breif shining moment of shineyness before Cyrus's character makes me unimportant again! [Swoon!]

Irata
01-03-07, 01:58 PM
I suppose I will take a jab at this fighting bit. I have only come for the sword though.

Workout Wonder
01-03-07, 02:14 PM
Zerith has already claimed the sword. You could have the prevalida daggers if you wanted.

Irata
01-04-07, 11:34 AM
I am stepping down, sadly I dont feel I am suited for this bout.

Arsenic Ruin
01-04-07, 11:35 AM
Then I will step in for the daggers mates.

Workout Wonder
01-04-07, 11:41 AM
Welcome to the fight, Arsenic Ruin. Also, I strongly recomend that people start posting if they haven't already. Kedx has already taken an arrow, shrapnel from a dark bomb and a bullet. Plus his chariot was destroyed.

If I haven't posted already and wanted some action, I would post very soon. If someone manages to land a killing blow on Kedx, I'm not going to hold it up for people who didn't get around to posting.

Cyrus the virus
01-04-07, 05:06 PM
It's tough to find an opening. I haven't wanted to post after three people who aren't you have posted, if that makes any sense. I guess I'll throw something in, hopefully I'm not too confused.

DakkonRyck
01-04-07, 05:58 PM
I think I get what you mean. I just stepped out of the fight- but not out of the thread.

Letho
01-04-07, 06:05 PM
I'm really wondering if Shyam is going to be able to pull something out of his ass to save Kedx from being hit from like five different people in rapid succession. :D

DakkonRyck
01-04-07, 06:16 PM
It's an Althanas Gang-Bang! With sharp stuff!

Workout Wonder
01-04-07, 07:21 PM
I'm really wondering if Shyam is going to be able to pull something out of his ass to save Kedx from being hit from like five different people in rapid succession. :D

Thank god I'm a catboy. It's a stretch, but its leading to a better conclusion this way!

Can you save the Promenade! Only time will tell!

Run
01-04-07, 07:22 PM
Thank god I'm a catboy. It's a stretch, but its leading to a better conclusion this way!

Can you save the Promenade! Only time will tell!

If I can't, I'll sure as hell help burn it down!

Workout Wonder
01-04-07, 07:25 PM
Alright, just so everyone knows, chances are Kedx won't survive another strike. Once he dies, I'm going to give everyone 48 hours to post, then make one more concluding post as the town mayor, and then let anyone who wants to have the final say.

I'll submit the thread a week from after when I make the last post, unless everyone on the list has posted.

Djakara
01-04-07, 07:53 PM
I had all the demons come to the Peaceful Promenade too, just so it could be an epic conclusion. I hope thats okay!

Workout Wonder
01-04-07, 07:58 PM
Good move. It would be hard to have closure with the demons still running around. Everybody take out some demons in your next series of posts, even if that means you don't get to Kedx. Don't worry, you're all still heroes.

Artifex Felicis
01-04-07, 09:17 PM
And Leon's the closest one to Kedx now. Only a couple dozen demons are protecting him. This oughta be fun. *evil*

Cyrus the virus
01-04-07, 11:42 PM
Izvilvin's going to follow Kedx, since he can. But some demons will get in the way. By the end of my post he'll be approaching Kedx's general location, dunno if he'll be dead by the time Iz gets in there.

Arsenic Ruin
01-04-07, 11:59 PM
I tried?

INDK
01-07-07, 11:55 AM
Alright. Everyone get their conclusions in. You have a week!

AdventWings
01-27-07, 04:40 AM
I supposed this thread has thoroughly served its purpose. :)

Time to close the curtains on this sad, sad tale.