PDA

View Full Version : A Short Thread

Yormungand
01-01-07, 04:15 PM
I'm looking for some people to participate in a thread. The story will revolve around Thoth failing a phobomantic experiment, allowing nightmares to come to life and torment the people they sprang from.

Thread is up! (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=3646)

Current Participants:
Kell - Kelsey Andrea
Dante - Dante Nix
INDK - Damon Kaosi
Yormungand - Thoth Shiva

Kell
01-01-07, 04:37 PM
sounds fun, whats the details?

Yormungand
01-01-07, 04:47 PM
That's something I can't exactly tell before I know who's joining. It depends on what the participants' characters view as frightening; after all, it's their nightmares that come alive. Of course, there will probably be some NPC nightmares popping up, too (spiders, snakes, or something more ingenious).

I have yet to think of a suitable conclusion (that doesn't involve killing Thoth), so ideas are more than welcome.

Dante
01-01-07, 04:54 PM
This sounds like a lot of fun!

Yormungand
01-01-07, 04:57 PM
Nice! Two prospective participants already *hops in excitement*

More are welcome. And remember, bring any ideas you might have. The thread won't be that story-driven or character-developing, so just say what you think would be nice to add.

INDK
01-01-07, 05:09 PM
Dude, like sign me up! This quest is without a doubt the perfect adventure for Damon...

Dante
01-01-07, 05:22 PM
You know, if we can't kill Thoth then we should just kill the nightmares. Or we could pen the nightmares up and sell them to some merchant who sells to collectors of exotic creatures. We'd make some cash with the latter plan. XD

Yormungand
01-01-07, 05:30 PM
I've added a list of participants.

While some nightmares are indeed killable, it gets hard when you're dealing with fear of drowning (flooding), choking (vacuum spaces) or burning (eruptions, forest fires). Or insect plagues. To keep the story interesting, I plan on not making every nightmare a humongous monster, something you can defeat in battle - although I'm quite sure some of those will emerge along the way, too.

We might also run into the paradox of a true warrior's greatest nightmare: an opponent he/she can't defeat. Such a nightmare will pose real trouble to such combatants since it's... well... invincible.

Also, the thread will probably be in Raiaera, seeing how magically susceptible that continent is. And, conveniently, it's also where Thoth starts his journey on Althanas, so that's easier for me. :)

More ideas? More joiners?

Dante
01-01-07, 05:40 PM
One question. Are we going to be useing our characters' fears or the fears of every sentient being around?

Yormungand
01-01-07, 06:17 PM
The nightmares of several sentient beings will be used... Not every nightmare will find its way to reality (that'd be a bit much to deal with). There will be several NPC nightmares making their way into the thread. Of course, it's much more fun when PCs face their fears, too, so unless a participating character is fearless, please do introduce new nightmares to the story.

It'll be great to see people normally RPing hardy warriors writing about how feared their mighty character can be. That's one of the reasons I'm starting this quest (and actually one of the reasons I created this character).

Yormungand
01-02-07, 07:06 AM
OMG doublepostbumpz

No really, the thread is up. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=3646) You can all RP having nightmares now, or just awakening and seeing strange things happen. Don't make it too crazy, yet, though.

Because enough will happen later in the story. ;P