PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Althanas!

Max Dirks
01-02-07, 03:52 PM
Don't you fools realize that exactly five years ago today Althanas was kicked off?

Lets each throw in our favorite Althanas memory (IC or OOC) in this thread as a tribute. I'll share mine later when I have a chance to think about it. So, what's your favorite Althanas memory?

Cyrus the virus
01-02-07, 04:14 PM
I have a few favorite memories!

One is the Cell tournament, the recent one. Izvilvin went through a rather emotional experience there. He could have grown to love Rheawien, and even now cares about her enough that he couldn't hate her for what she did. I haven't a clue how he'd act if he saw her again. I anticipate he'd like to know why she betrayed him, since he still doesn't understand.

My Gisela battle with Dirks was pretty nice. Luc and Dirks still haven't met in the canonical timeline that I keep in my mind, though. They wouldn't get along.

My two battles with Slayer have been the best ever. Like two Gods battling over control of the universe! Well, I guess they were a bit less cool than that, but whatever. The third will be truly great, whenever we get around to it. Perhaps we'll both be above level 8 by then... Imagine the collateral damage.

Workout Wonder
01-02-07, 04:24 PM
When I first came to Althanas it was about a couple months before the first crash. When I started out, I was a very sloppy writer. I had a few scores in the low 60s, but for the most part I had 50s and one particularly ignominious 29. However, once tempthanas came back, I made Damon. My first quest with him scored a 72, and I felt very proud.

Lucien
01-02-07, 04:25 PM
My battle with Letho.

When I was using Vorin, only like two months into my stay at Althanas, some how a battle between Letho and I came up. Lets just say, the only reason I'm still on Althanas is because of how badass that battle felt. It may not have been a spectacular read, but it was fun to write.

Zieg dil' Tulfried
01-02-07, 04:27 PM
I would have to say way back when at the very beginning of Althanas, when I first joined. I remember Xilium Rupertus, Dark Magus, the once held power of the Facade. I remember my rise in power, first as a writer of Haidia, then as a bazaar mod, then as the head bazaar mod, then as a judge, then as the Regions Admin. Then now.

grim137
01-02-07, 05:36 PM
I have several favorite moments. OOCly I would have to say scoring an 80 (but sadly not a JC) on Escape from Radasanth. That was probably one of my proudest moments espescially when I think back to how bad I used to be (there was a point when I would score 20's and below). Also beating Dissinger in the Magus was an exellent moment for me since it helped establish me as an RPer here. Creating Tarry, who's my pride and joy, way back at the beginning of the first crash will always be a great moment for me.

ICly my first battle with Storm since that started and exellent rivalry between our characters. Turning Tarry into a vampire was a good moment for me. The old rivalry between me a Dakkon back when we were both n00bs was fun. Not to mention the thread where Tarry met Lorenor since it created a good IC friendship and caused a lot of changes in my character's personality.

hamnat
01-02-07, 05:39 PM
I have a few favorite memories!

One is the Cell tournament, the recent one. Izvilvin went through a rather emotional experience there. He could have grown to love Rheawien, and even now cares about her enough that he couldn't hate her for what she did. I haven't a clue how he'd act if he saw her again. I anticipate he'd like to know why she betrayed him, since he still doesn't understand.

I read both of those threads. As I said to you, they absolutely rocked my socks off! Still can't believe what she did to old Izy...

anyways...Happy Birthday Althanas!!!!

AdventWings
01-02-07, 06:08 PM
Happy Althanaversary~!

Favorite moments are hard to remember, really. They go by so fast I'm left stunned and confused.

Still, a few I remembered.

- Getting a job as a Bazaar Mod. And now, a judge. :D

- Giving birth to little Yamihara, Murakama and Mikami. Those girls made me proud. :')

- Seeing Murakama make it all the way to the Semi-Finals in the Serenti and facing off against Ashiakin in the LCC.

- Seeing Yamihara open her Custom Avatar Center. Of course, now it's the Avatar Central. :)

But in truth, I just can't choose. There are too many to just list here and do each one justice.

Witchblade
01-02-07, 06:10 PM
Happy Birthday Althanas! *gets drunk and runs around naked*

*coughs* ahem...

Ahhh, those good old memories...

A had a kick ass battle back on Tanthanas with Shiek and I can honestly say that the majority of the way I fight was learned through that one battle. He was an awesome writer. I also did a quest with Damien Drake and Chanoble on Tanthanas in which Witch kicked Chanoble into a a very large and long hole that he somehow did not die from when he landed. ^^ The judgement from that quest was also the best judgement I've ever read only because of the one part I remembered.

Lord Lepold judged it and at one point he said something along these lines: "This quest was absolutely pointless and ridiculous. It started off with, omg, bandits have kidnapped my girlfriend and I need to save her! Oh look, people to help me, hey treasure! Oh wait, we forgot about my girlfriend, giant bandit king!? Oh look, more treasure!"

Yeah, Paul (Damien Drake) and I, we still joke around about that.

Becoming a mod absolutely thrilled me. ^^

Empyrean
01-02-07, 10:38 PM
Happy Althanaversary all.

I guess if I had to pick a favorite memory, I'd say coming up with Sanoƫ's character, because so far she's become my favorite character to write, on and off Althanas.

Other than that, my entire time at this place has been fun, and I hope to add more good memories to the list.

Ataraxis
01-02-07, 10:57 PM
Haaah, well happy birthday Althanas!

I haven't been here a long time, so I can't really talk about a favorite moment without summing up the whole of what's actually occured to me here :D If I had to be specific, it was when Rajani invited me to join the Peregrine Group. It just felt nice, I guess, especially since that was the very day I started writing on Althanas. Plus, you know, the PG kicks misunderstood monstrous minorities' arse.

I also loved reading old quests, such as those in the JC. They set a high bar that I intend to reach (at some point one day in the far future a long time from now maybe), and also gave me a reason not to slack off, which is always good.

Cheers!

Dissinger
01-03-07, 12:50 AM
Favorite Moments?

Me versus Letho in the Serenti. That wasn't a JC battle, but the amount of effort we put into that sumbitch makes me proud. That was one of the most emotionally deep threads I think we did. Letho introduced a bit of turmoil into his relationship and with it took the gold. I may have lost to the Lug, but to this day its a loss I'm proud of, just wish a formal judgement had been written up for it.

The Cell while fun just didnt have the engaging depth that the Serenti had. If I had the choice of doing it again, I would in a heart beat.

Letho
01-03-07, 06:08 AM
Me versus Letho in the Serenti. That wasn't a JC battle, but the amount of effort we put into that sumbitch makes me proud. That was one of the most emotionally deep threads I think we did. Letho introduced a bit of turmoil into his relationship and with it took the gold. I may have lost to the Lug, but to this day its a loss I'm proud of, just wish a formal judgement had been written up for it.I have to agree on this. That battle had serious repercussions that needed to be dealt with throughout multiple threads, adding a twist to both of our stories. I remember feeling like crap after Letho did what he did though.

Anyways, other memorable moments:

My very first quest on Althanas. I've been checking Althanas for a while and one quest in particular caught my eye, so I registered a character and decided to jump in. As it turned out, the quest was already finished and submitted for judging, and in my opening post I bunnied both characters without their permission. Luckily, they were good people (CreoLady and Zantetsuken), so they allowed me to join the follow up that wound up being a 100+ posts quest.

Coming up with Myrhia NPC. I never even imagined that she would evolve into what she is now. I needed a twist in one of my quests, so I created this scrawny slave girl and, like Letho, I wound up falling in love with her.

Scoring 79. Talk about a kick in the nuts. Sighter aka Madison judged one of the quests from "The Diary of the Exile" series and the final tally of scores wound up being 79. I remember that I didn't like Sighter a whole lot during the post-judging days. ;)

There is more, but I just woke up and my brain isn't working at full capacity yet.

Devin Argente
01-03-07, 06:20 AM
Like Ataraxis, I haven't yet spent an awful lot of time here. Still, when I wasn't too busy IRL and once school got off my tail, Althanas was a great place to spend my spare time. In the few months that I've been here, I feel like I've made greater progress as a writer than I've made during entire lifetimes on other boards.

My greatest moment was scoring an 86 on my first thread (a solo) - though I can't help but feel that the judge was taking it easy on me because I was new.

Anyways, happy birthday Althanas. Let's hope there will be many more to celebrate.

INDK
01-03-07, 08:27 AM
Scoring 79. Talk about a kick in the nuts. Sighter aka Madison judged one of the quests from "The Diary of the Exile" series and the final tally of scores wound up being 79. I remember that I didn't like Sighter a whole lot during the post-judging days. ;)

I think I once gave you a 79.5. Wow... I'm an ass.

Reiko
01-03-07, 08:43 AM
I guess it would probably be when I had Inari and convinced Nekoprince to be the father^^ that was fun quest that added a lot to my character, though I guess my last twist sorta played with that as well.

none of my happy memories involve the score and I doubt it will. Scores don't really matter it's the fun you have during a quest.

Krugor
01-03-07, 09:33 AM
Congrats to you, Althanas! *kisses*

Well, for me, getting a 100 exp bonus was a pretty nice thing to happen. After that it all went downhill :p
Nah, my first solo judging by Storm Veritas (including a sneak preview on the main page) was something I'll never forget either.

But since I'm rather new I hope I'll get way more nice experiences here!

Seth_Rahl
01-03-07, 11:45 AM
My favorite memory actually has to be before the crash. I was just starting out, and everything was so new to me. It felt like entering a whole new mystical land...okay, now that's just corny. Oh well.

Just plain talking to people on here is my favorite memories. Everybody has something interesting or good to say.

Storm Veritas
01-05-07, 06:48 AM
So many memories! To pick just one would be absurd.

1. Judges' Choice in my first quest, with The Sheriff (Also known as Archimedes, Kil'JaDeen, KharBal Revan, and others; the guy that brough me here) and ChaosLight. Neither are here anymore, which is sad. I was hoping to team with them regularly.
2. Forcing a draw with my first battle with Shyam's Dark Elf character. I never before that even entertained the thought that I could write on a level parallel to him. Even now I think people are being polite if they put me in the same sentence as him, but that's ok.
3. My long quest with Letho, and my enduring rivalry with Tarry Whealer (grim's character). Both were easily the most sculpting influences on the Storm Veritas character.
4. Winning Serenti. Although the final could be contested very easily, getting to the finals itself is a massive accomplishment for me. I won't forget it!
5. Sculpting the new EXP system for quests, along with feedback from lots of other mods. That was a ton of work, but a wild time, and it was great to really feel like I was helping.
6. Judging. It's a pain at times, as people often misconstrue criticism as meanspirited, but I love to read the work of Althanians. If any of them actually help a writer develop, that would be tremendous.

These are three of MANY, and don't include tons of fun work with folks like Cyrus, Zephyriah, Witchy, or the Valk. Nor does it include my conversations with Vorin, who is funny as hell and I loved chatting with back when i could AIM more often.

Letho
01-05-07, 07:15 AM
I think I once gave you a 79.5. Wow... I'm an ass.Actually, I think it was 78 on my "Wanted Goods" solo a while back. You're still an ass though. ;)

Tshael
01-05-07, 07:20 PM
Althanas back in O2 was full of crazy love. Level 0 Tshael was exploding trees on Thoracis. Those were better, horribly overpowered times.

My highest score was on the Tan. A 94 judged by Leopold. I'm really proud of that, even though I know that will never happen again. *tears up*

Favorite thread I think I ever did, tho, was with Aequitas. We called it Foreplay. Sooo sexy.

Happy Birfday, Althanas!