PDA

View Full Version : Player-Controlled Fiefdoms

Ashiakin
01-08-07, 08:07 PM
ALL OF THIS IS GOING TO CHANGE SOON.

I recommend holding off until that time, because things will be done differently.

You are allowed to have your own fiefdom (for more info on how Salvar is divided up into fiefdoms, go here.) How exactly you do this is up to you. You could simply have your character work for the rulers of a fief so that it's only yours in the OOC sense. Or you could say that your character acquired it through a heroic deed. Or you could say that your character's family has simply owned the land for hundreds of years. Or you could say you took it over through misdeeds and treachery. Or conquest. You get the idea, I hope. That sort of thing is up to you!

How your fief rules itself is also up to you. You can have any form of government you want,as long as you realize that you're not an independent country and are legally bound to do as the king commands. The monarchy and its forces will be vastly more powerful than yours. Still, you can give yourself and your NPCs and any PCs working for you whatever titles you want. Your fief must have at least one centrally located church for Salvar's state religion, the Church of the Ethereal Sway, so that its priests may provide religious services, report on your fief's actions to the king, and act as judges in all crimes against the state (minor and local crimes may be decided by your local government.) There are no restrictions on land size, population, or types of buildings on your fiefdom. Just keep in mind that if you make your estate too outlandish, over-powered, or incongruous with Salvar, I will not allow you to make any official progress.

Now, for the power-hungry people out there: What if you want to expand your territory? Feel free to try. Although remember that just because you say your character is conquering half of Salvar doesn't mean they really are. I reserve the right to say whether or not a thread about your estate officially "happened" or to change the degree to which it did happen. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try, though. Territory expansions and acquisitions (whether through conquest, trickery, a business deal, or whatever) can be awarded through threads done in Salvar. But if you attack another fief without good reason, you will be branded as a traitor and the king's army and nearby feudal levees will be instructed to bring their armies and remove you from power. If I see that someone is gaining a lot of land or influence, I will set up an official Salvar event that will deal with the political and military implications of their rise to power. In order for your rise to power to be official, I must approve and officiate all events dealing with it.

And yes, you can attack other player's fiefdoms, but only if they allow it. If you want to have battles (with stakes such as land, money, or fealty if you want) with other players, please be sure to detail all of the statistics a moderator would need to judge the battle beforehand--this includes things like army size, unit levels and complete list of abilities, fortifications, heroes and their powers, anything someone might need to know to know if power-gaming occurred in your thread. Just be sure you agree on the numbers and the stakes beforehand.