PDA

View Full Version : Time for a change...

Lost Without You
01-09-07, 10:18 PM
So yeah, you want to join a power group that actually doesn't care what you are or what you do?

This is it!

Aurora...now open for business.

For more information Click here (http://aurora.mayimhayim.com)

And oh yeah, post here if you're interested in joining...

Ok, so here's all the LONG information:

Long ago, a group known as the Aurora rose to create balance in Althanas. Led by Ichthus Arathinc, the Aurora fought against oppression during the “Golden Era of Clans.” Their primary goal was to keep power within the realm balanced by ensuring that no single clan or alliance of clans gained control over Althanas. When the “Golden Era” ended with the defeat of the Purifiers and when several smaller clans rose in their stead, the Aurora disappeared. Their mission was temporarily achieved. Fearing another totalitarian clan would rise in the future, Ichthus Arathinc spread his wisdom across Althanas so that when the balance of Althanas was again threatened, a new generation of Aurora could rise to preserve it. This wisdom took the form of gems, and those who found them were granted a special ability based on the alignment of their hearts: good, evil or neutrality. Ichthus was driven by five pillars: strength, endurance, intelligence, heart and sacrifice. These pillars, when manifested into pearls, grew to be the strongest. Those who found them were not gifted with abilities. They were gifted with knowledge. They were to be the leaders of the next generation of Aurora. Within the past few months, the pillar pearls have been found and one by one were drawn together. Their strange calling can mean only one thing: the balance of Althanas has been threatened once more.

---------
Principles of Ichthus
---------

All Aurora believe in the following principles, but may interpret them differently:

1.) A natural balance of power among all creatures, societies and organizations exists in, and is best for Althanas.
2.) One who acts in the interest of himself or herself can also act in the interest of Althanas.
3.) True balance can only be obtained when all forces (those of good, evil and neutrality) are acting as one.
4.) Any action can be reversed by an equal counteraction.
5.) True power lies in knowledge and in the ability to create balance.

---------
Ichthus Gems
---------

Each member of the Aurora will possess an Ichthus Gem that will grant that character a special ability. All initiates are required to submit to a short initiation process involving one thread(battle or quest is acceptable) with a current Aurora member in which the initiate obtains their desired Gem. Per Althanas rules, the initial strength of the ability obtained is at the discretion of the judging moderator. Ichthus Arathinc’s most important teaching was that balance can only be obtained when all forces, good, evil and neutral, are acting as one. Thus the Gems have two unique qualities: they are drawn to other Gems and the ability granted by a Gem grows stronger when more are present. Conversely, when the Gems are apart the effect of its magic is nominal.

There are two types of Gems:

Pillar Pearls: These Pearls are manifestations of Ichthus Arathinc’s greatest qualities: strength, endurance, intelligence, hearth and sacrifice. Unlike other gems, these do not grant any special abilities. They grant their owners the wisdom of Ichthus, and the ability to lead the next generation of Aurora. The five Pearls are currently divided amongst the Apostles of the Aurora.

Ability Gems: These Gems grant their owners special abilities subject to the limitations listed above. Every member of the Aurora is defined by the Gem that they carry. It is to be worn or held by the Aurora member in some way, shape, or form to be determined by the wielder. Because balance requires all forces in the world: good, evil and neutral, the abilities granted to the members vary greatly.

----------
Structure
----------

The old Aurora used a triumvirate system based on good, evil and neutrality, but with the wisdom of Ichthus in mind, the system was recreated to focus less on the elements of balance, and more on balance itself. All members must have previous Althanas RP experience. There are currently three levels within the Aurora each with different joining requirements:

Apostles: At the highest level of the Aurora, the Apostles are the owners of the Pillar Pearls. Each has been granted special knowledge from Ichthus and lead the group accordingly. At the present time there are five known Pillar Pearls, and thus five Apostles of the Aurora sit on the reigning Council of Aurora. An Apostle can resign at any time by passing his or her Pearl to an Acolyte. If an Apostle is killed, their Pearl can be passed to an Acolyte by a majority vote of the remaining Apostles. Presently all five Apostle positions are full.

Acolyte: Acolytes represent the elite branch of the Aurora. The Acolytes are similar to the tactical strike teams of a militia. They are extremely devoted to the goals of the clan, and have proven so time and again. Acolyte membership is open to those who have scored higher than 65 in an Althanas judgment. Followers can become Acolytes without a score of 65 provided they fulfill at least one of the following criterium: have been an active member of Aurora for 3 months, are an Althanas member using a new character that has yet to receive scores but have received the required score with a previous character, or have shown great devotion and have contributed their talent to Aurora as a follower.

Followers: The ability shard carrying members of Aurora. The Followers are the backbone of the group. Follower membership is open to those who have scored higher than 45 in an Althanas judgment. A special level, called Initiate, has been instituted for new players who wish for their Ichthus Gem Quest to constitute their previous Althanas experience. Initiates may waive the score requirement and will be granted membership pending the outcome of their Ichthus Gem Quest.

----------
Rules
----------

The Aurora is governed by certain rules:

1.) Do not kill, harm, or otherwise disrespect any Aurora member. Internal conflicts are to be taken to the Apostles so that their wisdom might solve the problem.
2.) All actions, excluding those that are time sensitive, must be pre-approved by the Apostles as not to upset the natural balance of Althanas
3.) Membership to the Aurora is not exclusive, meaning that members of Aurora are allowed to be members of other Althanas clans. However, in the event of a conflict of interest, a member must side with Aurora or risk expulsion.
4.) All members must adhere to the Principles of Ichthus, regardless of what their interpretation of them is.

----------
Members
----------

Council of Five:

Farasrian Athimardane (Lost Without You)
Damon Kaosi (IDNK)
Elrundir Galadrim (Elrundir)
Twyla (Nymph and Dragon)
Aesdana Ategenos (Druidia)

Acolytes:

None currently

Followers:

None currently

Initiates:

Ataraxis - doing battle with Lost Without You
Artifex Felicis - doing solo
Max Dirks - doing quest with Nymph and Dragon

Nymph and Dragon
01-09-07, 10:35 PM
Everyone who isn't in a different, probably lamer Power Group should definitely look into this one. Even if you are in another, plant a stinkbomb in your boss' headquarters so that you get kicked out so you can join ours.

Reply if you think you'd like to take another step on the stairway to infinite coolness. :D

Max Dirks
01-09-07, 10:43 PM
You know, this might be the change I've been looking for with Dirks. I'd like to have him join as an Acolyte, following a more chaotic good path. If possible, can my initiation quest be with Nymph and Dragon?

Lost Without You
01-09-07, 10:44 PM
Yes, Max, have at it.

Artifex Felicis
01-09-07, 10:46 PM
Well, I was on the fence for a bit, then I decided I was cool, so I'll join.

On a serious note, I like this powergroup, as it reminds me of the facade and that was fun. Too bad that never really worked out after crash. Anyways, I vant in.

Lost Without You
01-09-07, 10:47 PM
Artifex, you are approved to join, however, I request you write out a solo quest of you getting your Ichthus Gem. IM me to discuss your gem.

Ataraxis
01-09-07, 10:52 PM
This sounds like much fun! Definitely different and interesting. May I join as a follower, even though I have no quests judged yet? I believe acolyte is out of the question for me.

Nymph and Dragon
01-09-07, 10:55 PM
Go bone your girl ;-)

I hope for your sake that you weren't talking about me.

I say that in the most congenial and non-threatening way possible, of course.

Ahem. I'd love to quest with you, Max. Way to be cool. Same to you, Artifex.

EDIT: And to you, Ataraxis. :D

Lost Without You
01-09-07, 10:56 PM
Ataraxis, you may absolutely. Quest or battle for admission will be accepted in exchange for your loyalty, lol.

Oh, and btw, I've loved your name...Ataraxis is AWESOME! Woot.

Ok, yeah, I can handle an initiation battle if someone wants to take me on?

How DARE you put words into my mouth Twyla!!! I said NO such thing. Lol.

But yes, I did say it, and I DID mean it ;) You know you love me!

Ataraxis
01-09-07, 10:58 PM
I'd love to quest with you two, Nymph! And Artifex! and Max!

And you too, Lost. I could try the initiation battle!

And thank you, I am quite fond of it too!

Lost Without You
01-09-07, 10:59 PM
Yeah, let's not swamp Twyla off the bat here.

Post up a intro post Ataraxis and we'll be on our way.

Artifex Felicis
01-09-07, 11:00 PM
Alright then. I already got the idea for my jewel thingy, so I'll IM you after I post this about it. Give or take, I need an apple first. Though, you remind me of somone. Has to do with a Run and a big weasel like creature that a super-her's named after.

*wink*

Lost Without You
01-09-07, 11:01 PM
Um...no...

Ataraxis
01-09-07, 11:04 PM
I will, though I'll need to to know if it will be a citadel battle or simply a quest in some glade where the initiation will occur. And also, I'll need some sleep, and inspiration, since I've recently hit a slump.

And do I need to find out an ability now, or can I find it at a later time?

Lost Without You
01-09-07, 11:14 PM
Ataraxis -> It can be wherever you like, done however you like, I am fluid on that portion. I'd like for you to come up with something now(PM or IM me for help), but I have an idea I'd like to run by you.

Anywho...good luck!

Note: Website updated(as well as first post of this thread) to reflect initiates of Aurora. Website also updated to reflect clan opening.

Elrundir
01-10-07, 10:45 AM
Welcome to all new members. Cookies will be provided. None of them will be poisoned. I promise. </trustworthy face>

And, uh... to everyone who hasn't joined. Do it. Doooooo it. Or I'll kill you in your sleep. ...or at least put your hand in warm water. Don't come crying to me and say I didn't warn you.

INDK
01-10-07, 12:39 PM
Seeing as I'll need to do a quest to demonstrate my own IC relevance to this group, I'll be more than happy to quest with any new initiate.

Seth_Rahl
01-10-07, 01:49 PM
I would join, but i've already got my hands full with one power group. I'm not the type to join PG's, and look where it's got me now.

All I've got to say is; Go Ataraxis!

Ataraxis
01-10-07, 01:59 PM
Planning on rushing pregnancies, El dear? :D

And INDK, I've heard only great things about you. I would love to quest one of these days! Though you probably want to write with someone else first, considering I've still to make an initiation thread.

Aw, wish you could join, Seth! I've got my hands full too, and I'm just adding more to the work charge, because inching toward a total breakdown is always fun!

With that, I'm off ot respond in our quest and make the initiation battle and another quest that's been waiting for weeks.

Kill me now.

INDK
01-10-07, 02:40 PM
Do you need someone to work with on your initiation thread? Or have you already found a partner for that? I'm pretty much fine with having whoever wants to be in the thread be in it.

Ataraxis
01-10-07, 02:59 PM
Well I'm pretty sure I'm with Lost With You. He's just not on right now, and I don't have any idea how to start it. How did we come across knowledge of the Aurora? Have I met his character before?

Stuff like that, y'know?

Lost Without You
01-10-07, 07:42 PM
Ataraxis, feel free to abuse, i mean...USE Damon...as your partner for the battle/quest. And heck, feel free to make it a quest. You two can figure out the minor details. All I care is that you succeed in achieving your goal. So yeah, hop to it pipsqueak!

Elrundir
01-10-07, 09:02 PM
I'm available for such questing stuffs too. I'll probably do at least a solo either way, because some stuff needs to happen ICly to explain Elrundir's joining Aurora. It's something that was going to happen at some point anyway, but it might as well be now.

Lost Without You
01-10-07, 09:17 PM
Hey Runny, you've been chosen to quest with me. Muahaha! Yeah, so yeah, so let's get going. And IM me would you damnit? scr101282.

Ataraxis
01-10-07, 09:38 PM
Well INDK, I would love questing with you, then! I'm not too good with starting quests, but if you don't want to, I'm sure I can get something remotely okay. We'll just need to set the premises first, I guess!

INDK
01-11-07, 10:24 AM
Atraxis, I haven't really looked over your character profile, but I was planning a quest to examine some tomes in the library in Alerar (kinda like a DaVinci code style mystery), if that might be something that could fit with you, then we should go ahead and do it. If not, then give me a bit of time to think of something else.

Ataraxis
01-11-07, 12:27 PM
It'd be perfect, actually! Lillian's already in the Library of Ettermire. We could just have Damon meet her there at the point when my Solo ends!

INDK
01-11-07, 12:59 PM
Would you like me to wait for you to finish that?

Ataraxis
01-11-07, 01:14 PM
Oh, it doesn't matter. I'm not finishing it for a long while, and I don't mind putting it on hold for a few days.

INDK
01-11-07, 04:05 PM
I'll have something up then ASAP. However, I haven't been feeling that great today, so ASAP may end up meaning tomorrow.

Ataraxis
01-11-07, 04:45 PM
No problem, though I'll have to warn you I'll be absent tomorrow. Doctor's appointment followed by some other stuff that would bore your mind out. :D

Lost Without You
01-11-07, 06:16 PM
Lol...it's so nice to see initiates and members getting along oh so well! Lol. You guys rock! Good luck, if you need anything at all, just IM me.

Ataraxis
01-14-07, 08:07 AM
Back from a tedious leave! Yay!

Just a general wonderment: is there going to be a thread where all members of the Aurora get acquainted, or is this more or less a secret organization where the members know only a few of the others, such as their mentor?

INDK
01-14-07, 09:13 AM
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=48902#post48902

Thread is finally up. Atraxis, sorry if it took to long. In the future, I'll talk to you mostly through PMs/IMs, but i wanted to post the thread link here just in case Sean or anyone wanted to keep tabs on it.

Also, don't worry about Damon not being in the thread yet. That is part of the story arc I have planned. Interact with Sevviel, she's basically Damon's advisor.

Ataraxis
01-14-07, 10:10 AM
Alright, perfect! Thanks for doing this, by the way!

And I'll be cleaning up my inbox, in that case! Clutters up fast.

Lost Without You
01-14-07, 10:31 PM
There will be, once we get the current set of initiates into the clan, a thread where we all get acquainted and hold our first full Aurora meeting. Everyone gets a chance to talk about whatever they want to talk about.

Anywho...

I will be keeping tabs on things. Thank you Shyam, I do appreciate it.

Rajani Aishwara
01-14-07, 10:49 PM
I really like this group. Its values are similar to Peregrine's. Would you be okay with me joining?

Lost Without You
01-16-07, 10:29 AM
Absolutely. You have to either quest or battle a current member. I'm not sure which of us is most available at the moment. You should PM one of the others(maybe Elrundir) and see if they can do it with you. I'd offer my services, but I'd rather wait for a bit till we get more new initiates to run my initiations...Muahaha.

hamnat
01-16-07, 10:50 AM
Balence be served, if it weren't for my steadfast neutrality, I would join this group in a heartbeat. Of course, it also doesn't help that I'm doing 5 other threads already.

It is nice to know that there is a group out there preserving the balence. And while I am inherintly good, I know that balence must be sustained for the universe to exist. No balence=chaos and discord throught existance, and you guys know of that.

Sighter Tnailog
01-16-07, 04:18 PM
Wow, I'm impressed! Never thought I'd see the Aurora up and running again. It's influence on the Golden Era may be overstated in its history, but it was still an illustrious group in its own right.

Good luck, guys! I hope to see y'all go places.

Lost Without You
01-16-07, 06:18 PM
Sighte\r, may it be said that we do appreciate your well wishes for our group. However, do not consider this an extension of allyship. If you get too big for your britches...we PWN you into submission. Really, it's the way of balance...REALLY.

As for hamnat, we do appreciate your desire to join, but we do understand your inherent need to complete said threads. If at some point in the near future you should find yourself lacking and in need of quality companionship, we would welcome you with open arms(given, of course, you succeed in completing a given challenge...).

hamnat
01-16-07, 07:29 PM
Shenjara's power comes from a plane where chaos reigns, countering the order of the other planes. Power there is unchecked and almost limitless. She should be able to overcome your challenge. I will keep her, however, from giving me yet another reason to feel overwhelmed, and wait until a few of her current adventures have been finished before I let her accept your challenge.

Nymph and Dragon
01-16-07, 10:56 PM
Big words, little half-elf. Don't make me shove my dragon down your throat to show you what kind of challenges you won't be able to overcome. :eek:

Not really. I'm sure you'll come around eventually . . . if you're cool enough.:p

Lost Without You
01-16-07, 11:37 PM
And this is why Twyla's on the Council! BOOYEAH!

Sighter Tnailog
01-17-07, 05:10 PM
Sighter, may it be said that we do appreciate your well wishes for our group. However, do not consider this an extension of allyship. If you get too big for your britches...we PWN you into submission. Really, it's the way of balance...REALLY.

No misunderstanding here.

hamnat
01-17-07, 05:51 PM
Booyeah my behind. I'll give ya something to booyeah about. *gives Lost Without You te ability to self-levitate* hows that?

Taijitu
01-22-07, 04:12 AM
I think this would be the absolute perfect place for a Taoist. Same beliefs, effectively.

I could get in on a score, but I'd like to do a quest with an Aurora member whenever there is one available. I don't like non-IC initiations.

Lost Without You
01-22-07, 07:51 PM
If there are no takers I may take you up on this. We'll wait and see...*taps foot* Twyla?

Nymph and Dragon
01-23-07, 04:20 PM
Well, I'm not going to fight you for him. You have my blessing.

Unless, as I suspect, Taijitu secretly requested and is wishing for me because he's heard rumors of my legendary skill and has fallen for my irresistable charm. In which case I couldn't refuse a fan . . .:~P

Just kidding. Have fun, kids.

Lost Without You
01-23-07, 10:16 PM
ACTUALLY, I wanted you to do it cuz I have the tournament coming up, and well, you ditched me in it and said it wasn't "your thang". So yeah, it's YOURS now. Lol.

Taijitu
01-24-07, 01:15 AM
Ummm...?

So? Uhhh...? Huh?

Are you going to...well...let me do a thread with someone...or...?

*Is very confused*

Lost Without You
01-24-07, 01:24 AM
I'm gonna get Twyla(aka Nymph and Dragon) to do it for you. I've got that Althanaversary tourney coming up, and know that my time is already fairly limited, so to give you a quality battle, I just believe she's your better option. Now if only I can get HER to believe that.

Nymph and Dragon
01-24-07, 04:46 PM
Will do. Questing/ battling with Taijitu will be my pleasure. It doesn't necessarily have to be a battle, right?That was a general question.

I do already have one initiation quest supposedly underway, though, so if one of the other five of the Council want dibs on Taijitu, speak now or else I'll PM him and get stuff rolling.

Lost Without You
01-25-07, 09:34 AM
All initiation threads are the choice of the initiator/initiated as to what style they want unless otherwise specified by myself or another Council member.

Nymph and Dragon
02-06-07, 05:10 PM
Why's this thread so dead? Aurora is still the hottest new thing in Althanas! Join now before we start charging. ;~)

Lost Without You
02-06-07, 09:47 PM
It's dead cuz we're boring :-p Well, _I_ am! So yeah, coming in a week we will do a big PG-wide thread(which only 3 of us will show up for! :-p)

YEAH!

Artifex Felicis
02-06-07, 09:55 PM
Might as well say it here. I'm still working on my thread. But crap and stuff keep getting in the way. I should be able to have it down by the end of the month at my current rate. Though I am still interested in keeping with the PG.

Stupid school.

Ataraxis
02-07-07, 01:33 AM
Well I'm still here and the initiation/quest thread is underway. Just didn't have anything to update, sooo.

>.>

Nymph and Dragon
02-07-07, 05:16 PM
I didn't mean to call out the members . . . I was referring to the astonishing lack of new peeps wanting to join. I'm thinking that Lost Without You is doing something to scare them all away. . .

Lady Anais
02-14-07, 12:39 AM
I didn't mean to call out the members . . . I was referring to the astonishing lack of new peeps wanting to join. I'm thinking that Lost Without You is doing something to scare them all away. . .

I'm not scared away, and I'm new peeps... I do believe that faults your arguement.

That is, if I would be allowed an initiation to join as a follower...

Nymph and Dragon
02-15-07, 07:15 PM
Welcome!

I'll leave it to LWY to hook you up with someone on the council for your initiation thread, but let me be the first to wish you luck in the attainment of your gem. Good luck!

Nymph and Dragon
04-09-07, 04:19 PM
Whoops, double post.
I'm sure you'll forgive me. Lost Without You seems to have lost whoever it was who kept him found, so I'm just making sure that this group doesn't get booted because it's sweet.

Anyway, this is another roll call, except that this time I want people to tell
1. Status of initiation quest
2. Whether or not they're still interested in being a part of this group and, if yes,
3. How they would like their initiation quest to proceed. (You can request any member of the Council though no single member is guaranteed and whether you want to do a quest or a battle to get the gem.)

This is just to get a headcount/ update on the status of this group, so if you're connected in any way, please respond.

Danke!

Ataraxis
04-09-07, 04:34 PM
1. The initiation cannot currently advance any further, INDK having gone AWOL.
2. Still here and interested.
3. Hanging on to the hope that he'll come back at some point, but he did say he'd be busy. I'd like to hear back from him before throwing the quest in the gutters and starting over, though. There was a plot and all! <3