PDA

View Full Version : *Warning*

Naphe
01-13-07, 10:09 AM
This is simply just a warning to people that live on the Eastern Coasts of the US/Canada/Mexico.

Just this morning there was an 8.8 earthquake of the Western Coast of Japan, and there is the possible threat of a tsunami that may be heading for those areas. So this is simply a pre-caution or warning to any of those who may live on the immediate or nearby coast lines.

Zook Murnig
01-13-07, 10:13 AM
Tsunamis normally result from earthquakes deep in the ocean, and move towards lands on that side of the globe, not the other. I appreciate the warning, don't get me wrong, but I believe you're mistaken in the areas that need to be warned.

But I'm no expert.

Letho
01-13-07, 10:36 AM
No need to pack your bags yet, ye in the coastal areas. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6258167.stm) Yeah, I think he mixed up the sides of the world a little bit.

Elrundir
01-13-07, 10:50 AM
That's one hell of a tsunami if it's going to come from the west coast of Japan to the east coast of North America. Does it fly? ;)

grim137
01-13-07, 10:55 AM
I think he got east and west mixed up, the tsumani started in the east coast of Japan and since the world is round it is possible for it to move to the wester coasts of North America (just look at a globe).

Naphe
01-13-07, 10:56 AM
They said that it is a high possibility to reach those designated coastlines due the the intensity of the earthquake.

That is the only reason I cared to post it.

Serilliant
01-13-07, 11:18 AM
"The national meteorological agency had warned that a tsunami up to 1m (3ft) in height could hit coastal areas."

Aren't, um...

What?

Ithermoss
01-13-07, 06:48 PM
"The national meteorological agency had warned that a tsunami up to 1m (3ft) in height could hit coastal areas."

Aren't, um...

What?

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!! HOARD GAS!! STEAL FOOD!! RUN DAMN YOU!!!

... run...

hamnat
01-13-07, 06:53 PM
HEAR YE, FOOLISH MORTALS!!!! MY GREAT PLAN HAS FINALLY COME TO FRUITION!!!! NOW THE WORLD WILL BOW TO THE SORCERESS SHENJARA!!!!!AAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!(witch's cackle)

Khalxaen
01-13-07, 07:12 PM
Oh, hey, we were also given warnings about that. While eating breakfast someone was reading the papers aloud and we were all "Yeah, really? *eat eat*"... XD I think this is the second time in a month we received an alert. ;;

3 feet? Scary. Ahh.

But it's the thought that counts, so, thanks, Naphe. XD

Lucien
01-13-07, 07:22 PM
All those dead dwarf families...

Artifex Felicis
01-13-07, 07:25 PM
My sandcastle! NOOOOOOOOOOOO

grim137
01-13-07, 07:26 PM
I thought there was a height requirement for the waves to become a tsunami? 3ft shouldn't count, even though those goddamn dwarves do deserve to die. Stupid little bastards...

Max Dirks
01-13-07, 07:55 PM
Stop being dicks or I'll warn each and every one of you.

I can't begin to count how many times all of you have made typos, cut him some slack.

Serilliant
01-13-07, 07:59 PM
I'm pretty sure everyone's making fun of the actual article there, Max. Now calm down before I reinstall the warn hack to even let you warn people.

Nova
01-13-07, 08:02 PM
this same thing happened two months ago except the tsunami was a foot and a half. Japan issued a tsunami warning and when the wave hit it barley would get someones feet wet. It's really hard to predict since sometimes that waves can be disasters, it's mostly erring on the side of caution to avoid casualties if a really big wave hits.

Khalxaen
01-13-07, 08:19 PM
I thought there was a height requirement for the waves to become a tsunami? 3ft shouldn't count, even though those goddamn dwarves do deserve to die. Stupid little bastards...

If I remember correctly, tsunamis don't have height requirements, since it's characteristics aren't the same to a normal wave. It's a term that refers to a series of waves caused by an undersea earthquake or something, regardless of height and stuff o:

INDK
01-14-07, 08:19 AM
It seems Japan is also alright. Which is also good news.

Skie and Avery
01-14-07, 05:05 PM
Yay for Japan being okie dokie and dammit for me no longer being on the Pacific coast. I could have used a tire wash....