PDA

View Full Version : Aerion

Naphe
01-14-07, 05:31 PM
Well, after the recent weeks since it's release Aerion Online: Entwinement of Spirits has become a pretty big hit around a few of the smaller sites and now over 326+ others are actively playing the game. Now the game as it will be recognized is still in it's beta stages, and generally has alot of unadded features, but generally very minimal glitches, so I thought that I would introduce this to everyone here at Althanas seeing this was the birthplace of the ideas that conspired to create Aerion and henseforth this MMORPG.

Now aside for simple screenshots many people are asking about the features, etc. So I thought it just by common sense to show some of the general features as of now:

Player Vs Player
2-Step Character Creation
23 Free To Play, F2P Maps
11 F2P Monsters
20+ F2P Weapons
2 F2P Items
11 Monster Droppables
1 F2P Class (Mage)
1 F2P Dungeon
Inn System
Real Time Battle System

18 P2P Maps
Pet System
Mercenary System
100+ P2P Items
100+ P2P Weapons
100+ P2P Armor
10 P2P Pets
3 P2P Mercenaries
2 P2P Classes (Mage, Swordsmen)
Guild Vs Guild System

Now other features will be added in the next major update, 0.10, for it includes so many major upgrades that everyone is waiting to see that actually make a good game. Though because it is still in it's beta stages I would like to point out some issues so that people, if you should decide to play or beta test do not report:

Script Hanging: This is due to the server being temporarily down, normal hours are 12: 00 AM US Eastern Central.
Layer Glitch: If you should happen to walk over a tree or an odd graphic please do not report this, it has been fixed in 0.10.
Step Glitch: You will notice the step count doesn't exceed 9999 and this is because that is the game cap, and this entire system will be removed in 0.10
Level Glitch: Now due to the statistics display, current players can't reach level 15 without causing a glitch so I currently recommend saving before level 15, and then contacting a staff member to ask for a class change and wait until 0.10 where this glitch is fixed.
Death Glitch: I know that when you die that you reach 0 HP and nothing happens, this is only temporary and the best choice as of this moment so that the game client doesn't end and you lose your character, but this is planned to be fixed in 0.10.

Finally here is a manuel as of current, but will be no longer supported in 0.10 because everything will be done by mouse:

"S" = Attack
"Up Arrow" = Move Up
"Down Arrow" = Move Down
"Left Arrow" = Move Left
"Right Arrow" = Move Right
"Enter" = Select Option Or Talk
"ESC" = Bring Up Character Characteristics (Full Menu)
"F5" = Bring Up Chat System
"F6" = Refresh Chat System (Debug Chat)

So finally, if anyone is interested in helping by beta testing or simply playing the game then please feel free to PM me, or if you should feel the need to critique the game then please do post it here.

Thank you for your help,

~Naphe Urozuki

grim137
01-14-07, 06:22 PM
I can honestly tell you all that from having played this game my self it is highly enjoyable and I would suggest at least trying it out.

Cyrus the virus
01-14-07, 11:33 PM
You don't even go to this forum. Why do we allow this exactly?

Torin Reahkari
01-15-07, 12:42 PM
I was wondering the same thing.

Naphe
01-15-07, 02:19 PM
Well, just know now that Althanas is generally having link backs from wherever the game goes...

AdventWings
01-16-07, 12:48 AM
... Huh? There is?

...Ah, that explains it. It's the off-site advertisement link that brought you here, right?

After taking a look at the game screenshots... Well, to me it feels like Runescape with better skins.

hamnat
01-16-07, 01:38 AM
Naphne, as a person who does this kind of thing with webcomics, I think you might want to know that this is frowned upon by some forums. You're advertising for other games on a game site including patch information and instructions.

It might be more beneficial to your point to introduce this game with a review instead of the above. Tell a little about what makes the game cool, a little bit of the storyline, and what makes it good overall. If you tell ABOUT the game instead of FOR the game, people will appreciate your effort more, and may have an increase of interest. Also, noting the flaws of the game is a good idea, but not when you don't counterweight those flaws with some redeeming qualities.

If you need an idea of what I mean by reviews, read through the Noob or EGS reviews to which links from my signature can be found.

On a different note, is it just me, or are a lot of worlds or universes in games named beginning with 'a?' Althanas, Aerion, Azeroth, Arrakis, etc. Anybody besides me ever notice this?

Torin Reahkari
01-16-07, 04:28 AM
I'm not sure if you knew / know this hamnat, as I don't know how long you've been here, but Naphe has always had a terrible problem with advertising and being "oblivious" to the rules here on Althanas.

hamnat
01-16-07, 09:34 AM
Well, now he's not as oblivious. Just trying to helpful.(^_^)

Ther
01-16-07, 12:07 PM
Yeah, advertising is not allowed for other forums - however, asking for something like beta testers isn't disallowed.

Naphe
01-26-07, 06:20 PM
This thread can be removed now, it's served it's purpose and with over 30,000+ people playing now, there isn't a need for any beta testers.

Thank you,

Naphe

Cyrus the virus
01-27-07, 01:56 AM
Congrats on your game's success :)

Naphe
02-11-07, 10:06 PM
Thanks, we just revised it for the first time and the game site is nearly finished...Many delays due to someone tried to put claim to the game.