PDA

View Full Version : A challenge for hamnat

Tshael
01-14-07, 05:40 PM
As Althanas' OG of red-headed magesses, I would like to put forward the following challege to you:

Wanna fight?

=D

I'd like to battle you, in a location that takes place in our character's dreams. I'm trying to nail down the soon-to-be psyche of Tshael ((post 'Tis the Season)) and I'd really like to do a small alternate reality thread to explore my ideas, and I think a battle would be best. As another chick with great taste, I'd like for you to be my opponent. What say you?

If you've got AIM, my sn on there is RestitutionSpork

hamnat
01-14-07, 06:05 PM
Eh....why me? Why does everyone want to cause me suffering. Besides, the Dreamweave skill only allows me to make dream-contact with an NPC of mine. So sorry, but a little more convincing is needed.

Tshael
01-14-07, 06:12 PM
You wouldn't need a skill. And I thought about doing a solo to explore, but I really am not a fan of the solo quest. I get bored with them really easily. I don't believe I've ever played with you, and I thought it would be fun, and so much is possible in dreams. I would certainly love to see your character powered up for a good challenge, and that it wouldn't be a real thing happening would allow you to. A good battle of magic sounds really fun to me right now.

The IC thing of it could just be that both characters had the same dream on the same night. It "could" be prophetic for both of them, as this is what Tshael is going to be very soon and you can explore how you think of a level 4 Shenjara.

>.> Dang, either I've grown arrogant over the years or I'm just seriously really really boring to play with. =(

EDIT: sorry, Shenjara not Hamnat. Hurhur, I'm retarted about getting mixed up with character names and user names. And I apologise if it sounded like I mean to put you in pain or if it was rude of me to call you out like this. I just really thought it would be fun.

Cyrus the virus
01-14-07, 11:35 PM
Only pussies turn down a challenge.

hamnat
01-15-07, 01:38 AM
Taunts, threats, and other forms of persuasion are ineffective against me. Also, I don't even have my spells for Level 2 mapped out, let alone level 4. I'm still level 0, so: a) please start making sense, and b) try again.

@Cyrus: two things. First one you've already read. Second: Im already doing three or four threads at once. It's becoming tough to write anything, even as Kishurin or Mac.

AdventWings
01-15-07, 02:43 AM
Whoa, there. Chill off a bit, Hamnat. No one's out to eat you alive or anything (Not counting Valentina Snow, even though that's more of an IC skill) so no need to get hostile just yet.

some of us are in seven or eight threads, but that doesn't mean you have to. You can turn down the challenge, or just go about it in a low-key, slow-paced thread. These things need not be done within a month's time.

Sidenote: Tshael's a bit loony sometimes, but she's a good person as well. She's a returning member and once ran the Silver Pub in Radasanth a good while back. She just wants to get back into gear and found your character interesting to role-play with.

As for you, Cyrus. Ease off a bit. Hamnat's taking enough heat from a lot of us as of late already.

Cyrus the virus
01-15-07, 02:44 AM
I didn't know I was being mean o_O

hamnat
01-15-07, 12:41 PM
*hugs Raven* that's why I asked Witchblade if I could have you. Thanks. :3

hamnat
01-15-07, 04:54 PM
Ah, what the hey...I guess I can Dreamweave a meeting between our two characters. One problem. How do you plan we emulate our characters as level 4?*still hugging Raven*

Skie and Avery
01-16-07, 09:08 PM
Well, if it would be difficult for you, I could tone down Tshael. Her mind will still be groggy from Nashiara's influence, so her spells could take longer to "weave". Half time, for Tshael and level 2 capabilities for Hamnat? That would be a way of meeting halfway.

And this is going to be a totally slow moving thread. I can usually only get on for a little bit at a time, so it takes me a while to respond to things, like this challenge. n.n;;

hamnat
01-16-07, 09:35 PM
Maybe...but still some problems. Given my character's ability to manipulate dreams, that would make her spells more potent, and yours would be less so unless your character can alo manipulate dreams. On the other hand, you also have a far greater reportoir of spells, none of which I can examine as of yet due to their absence on your character profile. In other words, we are both at hightened disadvantages.

Also, since I only have level 0 and 1 spells in my knowledge, I wouldn't have any Level 2 spells for the fight. Yes, I would have the expertise with my current spells, but their power is limited. There's also the problem of the moderators. I doubt they would approve of my using spells they haven't deemed "equitable" as of yet, and this could present problems when we are judged.

I think we should first set up character profiles just for this occasion to be PM'd to te moderators(if that's agreeable to them, of course). They decide what's fair, what can be tweaked up, and what should be toned down, and then approve the profiles for the quest. It would work doubly well for me, because then I would have a level 2 profile ready for when I finally get to that point(all these threads, and yet I've been here since April and I'm still level 0).

Do you think that would be a good idea? Or should we just go ahead and wing it(impulse says "Wing it!!!" reason says "Talk to the mods!!")?

Skie and Avery
01-16-07, 09:43 PM
Tshael doesn't use traditional spells. Her kind weave the threads of certain elements to create spells. Tshael can weave earth threads at a level 4 propensity. I'm sorry I can't really explain it better than that.

I usually wing these things, and toss up disclaimers at the start of threads if I'm doing anything funky without mod approval. It's completely up to you, but if you do want to wing it and get this started I would be happy to both start the thread and to take any flak that gets sent our way by a moderating party.

hamnat
01-16-07, 09:49 PM
What the heck then, eh? Actually, you have the same idea I was thinking of using for when Shen hits higher levels. Spontaneous spell-creation is a somewhat fun idea. Imagine Shenjara evoking elemental energies to create a firelit(butterfly-type insect made of fire) that flys towards something and then explodes like Mount St. Helens. Ahh, the destruction...

Skie and Avery
01-16-07, 09:52 PM
I like you girl. Tshael used to be able to use dust on people clothes to make them explode, on tanthanas. Those were days of looser spell restriction when registering, really. Fun, fun days of overpowered bliss. But i dropped that skill pretty early because it was difficult as hell to use without powergaming.

Anywho, I'm going to go ahead and make the thread, and I'll post the linky here. n.n Thanks for accepting.

hamnat
01-16-07, 09:56 PM
Coolies. I had planned to create the thread myself, but I didn't get far past the name. "A Woven Mahafaito" Mahafaito being a word I created from Japanese roots to mean magical fight. But I'm interested to see what you can come up with.

Tshael
01-16-07, 11:10 PM
Something a little different, but who knows, maybe this could just be the first in a series of dream battles between the two magic powers? ^_~

Here be the linky. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=49465#post49465) I forgot to put in the disclaimer, I'll go edit now. *sweatdrop* Ha ha. I got so into writing it I forgot that we're going to be bending a few rules.

AdventWings
01-16-07, 11:54 PM
MahoFaito~!

I'll mod over this if you liked, Nyao~!

It's not because of me being turned into your plushie, though. :p

hamnat
01-17-07, 12:36 AM
MahoFaito!

Are you correcting a word I made up? How is that possible? How can you correct a word you've never heard of? Unless MahoFaito is a real word in Japanese, and you speak Japanese, there is no way this can make sense.

WHY!!?? I like that word...it took me 20 minutes of research to come up with it.

Cyrus the virus
01-17-07, 12:56 AM
If it's alright with both of you, and you can justify it, your powers can be different in the fight O_o Lysander and I had a battle once where Luc absorbed this enormous amount of magical energy and was boosted up to meet Lysander's level of power.

AdventWings
01-17-07, 01:53 AM
Hai. Boku wa Nihongo ga dekimasu. ;)

Mahou = Magic (Written in Hiragana or Kanji, whichever you prefer)

Faito = Fight (written in Katakana, of course)

OK, I'll shut up now and speak again when I'm needed. ^_^;

hamnat
01-17-07, 08:56 AM
Yay! My plushie speaks Japanese!!!! Yayzer!!!

Tshael
01-28-07, 01:09 AM
Hey girlie, it's been fun but I think it's time to finish this thing up and toss in the Judging Request. I've got one more post i wanna do. Either you can do your conclusion this post or the next one after mine, it doesn't really matter to me. Do you want me to put in the Request or you?