PDA

View Full Version : Looking AGAIN for an opponent

Sir Fedlund Overby
01-07-07, 10:46 AM
Greetings,

As my first foray into Radasanth as an oversized hare, I would like to become acquainted with the Citadel. I already have what should be an interesting arena picked out, I just find that opening posts tend to be better if I have some idea who my opponent is rather than just posting an OPEN battle thread.

This arena will require a lot of creativity, so be ready for some craziness. Post if interested.

Oh yeah, on a side note. My display keeps switching to the DARK display rather than DEFAULT. I find this annoying. Any way to lock it into DEFAULT so I can enjoy these pretty blue colors all the time without having to switch?

Nein
01-07-07, 02:30 PM
I'd be willing to go against you.

I've only got a starting character so it might be evenly matched, though I don't have any weapons so I'd like to ask what type of arena I'll be looking at, just to make sure I'm not completely screwed.

Sir Fedlund Overby
01-09-07, 05:33 PM
You'll be FINE in this arena, believe me. Sounds like a match. Post is up, titled "Blots of light"

PM me if you have any questions.

Gadgeteer Mikami
01-11-07, 08:44 AM
Hi~! I heard you were having some problem with keeping the site skin at Default.

So, may I ask you a few questions? Here goes...

- Did you check "Use Forum Default" for your site skin preference? The current default setting (not DEFAULT skin) is Dark for the skin type. That may be the case, I believe.

- If you answered "no" for the above, you should PM Serilliant and ask him about this glitch.

Hope I helped~! ^_^

Sir Fedlund Overby
01-15-07, 09:05 AM
I think it was that, AND that my original bookmark to the Althanas site was when I was messing around with the dark skin. I think I have it fixed now. Thanks.

Sir Fedlund Overby
01-15-07, 10:38 AM
Nein and I decided our battle wasn't going to work, so my battle is now open again.

Blots of Light (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=3817)

Here is my OOC description of the arena:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is how the arena works. Each being in the room, including each of our characters, has a ring of light around them that corresponds to their size. You can only see what is in your ring, the only sensory input from outside your area is sound. If two rings touch, both rings become visible to both occupants. Fedlund and Drenn are currently separated by some distance and ANYTHING (terrain, monster, weapon, trap, absurd or terrifying) can be in the darkness. Inanimate objects will only be visible if you get close enough to them for your circle of light to pick them up. Some of the noises are definitely creatures of some type and they are not all friendly, although they can be if you like.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Basically, it is designed to allow for a huge amount of creativity in what we find and how we handle those things, with either one of us able to shape the arena and its contents as the battle progresses.

If you are interested, PM me or post here, either works. I would need to edit a few things to match the new opponent, but it would remain basically the same.

Oh yeah, if you are interested, I post remarkably fast. I once completed a battle on here in just a few hours, 12-16 posts long. Turned out pretty good to. You don't HAVE to post that quickly, but I like to keep things moving in random battles such as this were there isn't a quest style/depth storyline to take into consideration. And I definitely challenge ANYONE who thinks they can keep up with me in terms of posting speed (as in, I could finish this battle by 5:00 today, if someone could keep up) :-)

Max Dirks
01-15-07, 10:46 AM
Thread merged.

Someone fight this guy!

Djakara
01-15-07, 11:10 AM
Thread merged.

Someone fight this guy!

What about you? There is nothing standing between you and the challenge but air and opportunity!

Anyhow, seeing as Max has little interest, I'll take you up on your dual challenges. Both the battle, and whether or not we can be done by 5 PM.

Sir Fedlund Overby
01-15-07, 11:20 AM
Sounds good to me. Get your post ready, I'll have the edits in by the time you are done. Mainly it will be dialogue with the monk specific to your character.

That is 5 pm mountain time, btw.

Ürei
01-15-07, 04:54 PM
I'm sorry the contest interests me, Which mountains? ^^

Sir Fedlund Overby
01-15-07, 06:01 PM
Alas, we did not complete by 5:00. Still it is going pretty well, maybe we can just aim for the end of the day.

Djakara
01-16-07, 09:02 AM
Sorry, I ran in to a bunch of trouble last night (5:00 your time is 8:00 my time) that didn't allow me to get onto the internet or do anything much past 3:00 your time. I still want to finish the thread though.

Sir Fedlund Overby
01-16-07, 04:02 PM
No problem and heck yeah, lets definitely finish.

Slayer of the Rot
01-16-07, 04:07 PM
Sorry, I ran in to a bunch of trouble last night (5:00 your time is 8:00 my time) that didn't allow me to get onto the internet or do anything much past 3:00 your time. I still want to finish the thread though.
Translation
"I was knee deep in vodka and sluts."