PDA

View Full Version : 'S mise Karuka Tida

Karuka
01-15-07, 04:14 PM
Well, hello.

I'm one of those new people from the Tournament of Legends over on GUA.

Dirks, Vorin, and Cyrus all spent time trying to pull me over (Vorin/Lucien/whatever he goes by here the most persistently), and so here I am, because I'm bored and have time on my hands.

And because I don't like reading Faulkner's necrophiliac work *shudders*.

Anyway, I'm Karuka here, please don't Japanese-ify it, it isn't Kakura.

Umm...about me...

Weeeeeeell.

I've been role playing as long as I can remember, but I didn't get into formal RP until 5.5 years ago, and this Feb I will have been RPing online for 5 years. I started in Yahoo chat rooms, then went to a couple of more private forums until I hit nationstates, and I've been on the forums there for a couple of years now. I play mostly Drow characters (with a few half-Drow in there), so my character here is a practice in being human again.

I rather dislike combat (but I am capable of laying some smackdown...just not with this chara yet), and love character interactions.

And that's me in a nutshell, so now that we're friends, let's all have caffiene and pizza!

Max Dirks
01-15-07, 04:42 PM
Bout time...

Btw, I moved your thread to the introduction forum!

INDK
01-15-07, 04:43 PM
I generally like character interactions as well! How about we interact over caffiene and pizza! on another note, welcome to Althanas. We're a lot different from GUA, but I'm glad you've come over here.

We had a "Japanese" character earlier on this forum who was named Haruka, so I suppose your name is Japanish enough without people misspellng it.

Karuka
01-15-07, 04:49 PM
She's not Japanese, though, lol.

And interactions over caffiene and pizza sound good to me, yep.

Witchblade
01-15-07, 05:50 PM
Hahah!

Welcome to Althanas, please keep your arms and legs inside the forum at all times or they may be removed by rabid, zombified characters. Do not feed the following people: Cyrus the Virus, Max Dirks, Santhalas, Atzar Kellon, Dissinger, Letho, Storm Veritas, and Slayer of the Rot for they may become dependent on you afterwards and are hard to get rid of. Any screams you may now be experiencing are the sounds of dying characters, do not be alarmed, for they shall be revived in new and inventive ways the following thread. Have a nice day. ^^

*hands you a plate of cookies, which is good! But some of them are poisonous, which is bad*

Karuka
01-15-07, 06:02 PM
I've had the pleasure of fighting Max Dirks with a more advanced *coughoriginalmorepowerfulcough* version of the character I registered here with.

Other than that...I've seen most of the names, and Cyrus seems like a pretty nice guy. He speaks Drow. ^_^

*Looks at cookies* Yay! *Bites into one* Thish tathes kin'a funny...oooh...

Raelyse
01-15-07, 06:04 PM
Out of curiosity, why were they so eager to drag you over here tooth and nail? Have you been here before?

Witchblade
01-15-07, 06:05 PM
Bwhahahaha!

New people fall for it all the time, now I own you! You are my slave!

Karuka
01-15-07, 06:09 PM
I willna be a slave fer one cookie.

An' dinna anyone ever tell ye tha' tis a bad notion t' pick up random slaves off the forum walls?

Especially when ye havenae seen wha' they do?

'S mise Karuka Tida. An' I willna be a slave, lass.

*Presses rune Beorc to own forehead to clear out toxins*

Karuka
01-15-07, 06:10 PM
Out of curiosity, why were they so eager to drag you over here tooth and nail? Have you been here before?
Nope, first time being at Althanas.

Like I said, I'm participating in ToL. And I guess I struck them as "not craptastic."

And I can spell. Spelling helps.

Witchblade
01-15-07, 06:13 PM
lol, spelling definitely helps. We like people who can spell and be grammatically correct here.

*is disappointed you won't be her slave*

Oh well, I've got plenty.

Karuka
01-15-07, 06:15 PM
Well, Lucien did tell me that it is a male-dominated group of lackeys...so I wouldn't fit in.

And while I will not consider being a slave, I'm looking forward to making all the friends I can.

Lucien
01-15-07, 06:16 PM
Wait, can I get my freedom witchy?

Oh, and Welcome. Glad I finally convinced you, what with all the stalking.

Karuka
01-15-07, 06:23 PM
And GEEZ it was a lot of stalking.

Witchblade
01-15-07, 06:30 PM
Hmm... let me think about that one, Cory...no.

Karuka
01-15-07, 06:57 PM
'Twould seem tha' tis useless t' argue against bein' a slave withou' a nifty accent t' back up yer claims.

^_^

Lucien
01-15-07, 07:18 PM
I have no idea what you're saying because I don't speak Japanese.

Karuka
01-15-07, 07:23 PM
Je ne parle pas le japonais.

Je parle le francais.

And this chara gives me a GREAT excuse to start learning my Gaelic.

Witchblade
01-15-07, 07:45 PM
It's not Japanese, Cory, it's a Scottish and or Irish accent. I would know since I aboslutely love them.

Karuka
01-15-07, 07:48 PM
'Tis an Irish accent, t' th' best o' my ability. Tho...'tis hard t' differentiate online. When doin' a Scottish accent, I do try t' make i' a bit rougher an' drop a few more letters, but sometimes i' dinna happen.

*Shrugs*

Witchblade
01-15-07, 07:54 PM
Ohhh!

*kidnaps you so she can listen to you all the time*

Ataraxis
01-15-07, 07:59 PM
I thoguht it was dwarvish, but then realized that didn't make any sense!

Yaha! ToL madness. What a riot, that place. In any case, hi, and welcome!

Et, au fait, moi aussi je parle le français. Content de faire ta connaissance, et j'espère que l'on pourra écrire ensemble, un de ces jours! Je sais de quoi tu es capable, de ce que j'ai pu lire lÃ* bas, alors je sais que tu est très talentueuse ;D

So yes, I would like that haschich by the docks, tomorrow at noon. Good? Great! Glad to do business with ya!

Nova
01-15-07, 09:39 PM
hihi and welcome...

I hope you have fun and all.

is that language French?

Run Away! Run away. I don't want farm animals launched at me.

God that's the worst Monty Python reference I've ever done.

well anyways I'm sure you'll have a good time.

Karuka
01-15-07, 10:29 PM
I feel so...loved already.

O.O

Arsenic Ruin
01-15-07, 10:32 PM
-Clong-

-Proceeds to scramble up Karuka's back into her hair.-

Oh sweet sanctum of locks, protect me from the insanity.

-Le Sigh, which is systematicly proceeded by sniffings.-

Welcome, and Hidy Ho.

Karuka
01-15-07, 10:38 PM
Okay, NO ONE messes with this hair. Besides, if you're that small, it'll eat you. I'm not kidding.

*Shakes Arsenic out of hair*

Karuka
01-15-07, 10:59 PM
I thoguht it was dwarvish, but then realized that didn't make any sense!

Yaha! ToL madness. What a riot, that place. In any case, hi, and welcome!

Et, au fait, moi aussi je parle le français. Content de faire ta connaissance, et j'espère que l'on pourra écrire ensemble, un de ces jours! Je sais de quoi tu es capable, de ce que j'ai pu lire lÃ* bas, alors je sais que tu est très talentueuse ;D

So yes, I would like that haschich by the docks, tomorrow at noon. Good? Great! Glad to do business with ya!

Gyah...I hated my last French teacher, so I forgot a lot. I mostly use the language to confuse people, and yell at people, and I speak it better than write it.

Still...c'est une grande plaisir, et je voudrais bien d'ecrire avec vous.

Yeah...I'm too lazy to check spelling or put in accents. Lol.

hamnat
01-15-07, 11:01 PM
Allow me to extend my welcome in Japanese and a simple good-luck charm.

こんにちは! 我々に合流してくれて、大変ありがとう。

Korachin, aldagawa noscine turent
Amasano shieage mascere tainoc."

*an amulet appears*

Wear this. It's for good luck. You'll need it with all the crazies around here :3

Cyrus the virus
01-16-07, 12:02 AM
I never drag people to Althanas from other sites :p What the hell? I think I just sat here and you would message me with questions and junk. Freaking liars, man.

Les autres gens habitent en Québec aussi?

Karuka
01-16-07, 12:04 AM
Yeah, but you had a 10-15 minute conversation with me in Drow.

Which rates very cool. And you answered questions more comprehensibly than Vorin did while he was insanely stalking me.

:p

*Sees hamnat's amulet*

Oooooh, shiny!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaait...I've already been given an enslavement cookie...and one should always be wary of amulets from strangers!

Oh well.

*Takes amulet but doesn't put it on*

Arigato!

Cyrus the virus
01-16-07, 12:14 AM
Oh.

So are you a chick or what? Single? Let's chat ;)

hamnat
01-16-07, 12:17 AM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaait...I've already been given an enslavement cookie...and one should always be wary of amulets from strangers!

*Takes amulet but doesn't put it on*

That's what I meant by crazies! Hehe....yes, I AM calling myself crazy. Don't worry, I never lie about a spell...I just don't always let you know it's coming....

Also, if y'all were really talking in Drow....does that make you a linguist? Kushima sakurista elre genat Damoinc?

Cyrus the virus
01-16-07, 12:20 AM
I do take Sociolinguistics :cool:

AdventWings
01-16-07, 12:28 AM
Nya~? Nyan ni wo itteimasu ka~?

Forgive my rusty Japanese. 'Tis been too long. :p

Welcome, ToL participant! You'll find plenty of things to do here that will not even be remotely close to combat. I'll make sure of that. ;)

Karuka
01-16-07, 12:30 AM
Chick, hai, single, nau.

Et...je ne suis pas une linguiste, demo, eu dragostea screa'in xanalressen agus learn them pretty easily.

*Too late to dreg up some of the other languages. Brain...function...going.*

Ah...all in English --

And...I'm not a linguist, but, I love learning languages and learn 'em pretty easily.

Karuka
01-16-07, 12:32 AM
Nya~? Nyan ni wo itteimasu ka~?

Forgive my rusty Japanese. 'Tis been too long. :p

Welcome, ToL participant! You'll find plenty of things to do here that will not even be remotely close to combat. I'll make sure of that. ;)

Should I be afraid now?

AdventWings
01-16-07, 12:44 AM
:D

Afraid of what, Nya~? There's nothing to be afraid of...

...Well, maybe the Wrath of the Evil Double-Posting Lord of Doom(!) but other than that... No, I don't think so.

*Ominous chuckle*

Oh, don't mind me. Just your residential Catboy looking after the members. ;)

Ther
01-16-07, 12:56 AM
Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay here. This is probably the most popular introductory thread I've ever seen...

Karuka
01-16-07, 01:01 AM
And it's attracted such a cool variety of people!

I honestly can't wait to start role playing here.

hamnat
01-16-07, 01:03 AM
*hugs Raven...again* that's my plushy! And yes, be very afraid!!!!Aaaahahahaha!!!! Just kidding....everyone's so friendly here, even rape victims have smiles on their faces....regardless of any exchanged fluids...a quote from someone I can't remember, but a pretty much true quote.

At any rate, kimenusca erla suntai. Enjoy your stay!

Elrundir
01-16-07, 05:51 AM
I thought you said Kimlasca for a minute there. Been playing too much Tales of the Abyss I guess...

hamnat
01-16-07, 09:39 AM
Ack!! Where are your manners!? Why would you ever say that word in public? Ick!

Ataraxis
01-16-07, 09:50 AM
Ah, sorry then for making that long-ass welcome in french! XD Still, I want my hasch. You've already missed the deadline.

And Cy, you should know. Though now I wonder where in Quebec you live! *intrigue*

Karuka
01-16-07, 10:29 AM
Oh, no, I understood just fine, lol.

Just...trying to think in the language is difficult when the teacher didn't really go over speaking the language so much as "la balleen s'est leve" and all that crap.

And then made us write our own ending to the story we'd heard so many times that she'd made up and was CRAPTASTIC and...ugh.

I wound up making it a Shakesperean tragedy, i.e., everybody dies. Stupid whale and dinosaur and furby...

Don't ask...

hamnat
01-16-07, 10:36 AM
Cunesca Kirby sun doala sun sirec anistasca? Oops...trena...I wasn't supposed to ask...

Karuka
01-16-07, 10:52 AM
*Sits, fidgeting, waiting for INDK to come and either approve or suggest more modifications*

Soooo...hamnat...how long do you think it'll take Acheron to kick some Elf butt and lead the Da'kor into a new era of magic and prosperity?

hamnat
01-16-07, 10:56 AM
hhmm? Wait, you read....Squee!!!! Awesomeness!!!! A fellow Loch-lover!!!

Honestly, I'd say a few more hours(Inverloch time).

Karuka
01-16-07, 10:59 AM
Now if only Sarah'd get a move on...*sigh*

I think Varden should have kept the black hair. Platinum blond...ugh. He was much sexier and mysterious with the dark hair.

(Although the panel RIGHT before the big reveal was hilarious.)

hamnat
01-16-07, 11:08 AM
*giggle* I agree...black hair goes way better for him. Feel free to read the other webcomics I reviewed. And as for Sarah...well, it's been a long haul and she's tired now. Besides, art that good is worth waiting for:).

Karuka
01-16-07, 11:10 AM
Well, I've been reading EGS for...h'mm...over a year now. Haven't touched the Noob, but I've got a good many webcomics in my favorites.

Do you read Dominic Deegan? Or Spiky Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight?

Those are awesome comics.

hamnat
01-16-07, 11:18 AM
Mmmm..none of them...but I'm doing a review right now for The Dreamland Chronicles. I'll put a link to it in my siggy when I'm done.

Karuka
01-16-07, 11:22 AM
Dreamland Chronicles...think I've heard of it, but never read it.

hamnat
01-16-07, 12:09 PM
Well, go ahead and go there. I've got the link to the review in my sig now, so enjoy!(^_^)

Ataraxis
01-16-07, 12:19 PM
Inverloch and DC are nice stories, though I hear Inv will soon be over. The Noob is hilarious. XD

But my all time favorite is 'The Order of the Stick'. Nothing beats that!

Karuka
01-16-07, 12:21 PM
Whoso pulleth out this sword from this anvil shall be rightful king of all Dreamland...

<.<

>.>

Sorry, the ref was just too obvious, lol.

I've had people try to get me into OotS, but haven't really looked at it.

Ataraxis
01-16-07, 12:27 PM
Oh, you should. Plenty of references and his take on common interactions in a D&D world is just pure gold!

"You have selected 'Tumor'.To choose the type of tumor with which to smite Thor's enemies, chant three now.

Three! Crap!

You have selected, 'Colon Tumor'."

hamnat
01-16-07, 12:36 PM
OOTS for the Win!!! I'll do that one next for my list of reviews..."I think I just had an evilgasm..."

Karuka
01-16-07, 01:14 PM
'tis verily an interestin' yarn, this Dreamland Chronicles.

And very beautifully realized. Love the lighting, although the night scenes seem quite bright.

Atzar
01-20-07, 01:41 PM
Welcome to Althanas, Karuka. You took one of my Scara Brae quests, so you must be cool.

Cute avy-tar, by the way.

Karuka
01-20-07, 01:45 PM
Well, her hair's more red, her eyes are more blue, and her skin is more brown...but yeah, she's adorable.

Dissinger
01-20-07, 02:34 PM
Its just Kairi, but thats okay cause Kairi was cool.

Welcome to Althanas glad to see you made it over form the mad house that has become the ToL forums. Guess we'll have to wait and see if things stick over there.

Artifex Felicis
01-20-07, 02:48 PM
I don't think I've actually said anything. ANyways, welcome to the forums, enjoy it as much as you can, as it rocks. And I think it's the Kairi from KH1 too.

Karuka
01-21-07, 12:42 AM
*Read's Artifex Felicis' member title and snuggles*

^_^

Hallo.

Anyway, at this point in time I'm quite enjoying Althanas. It's a very impressive system on its own, and it's a nice homey place with friendly people in it.

I'm glad I promised Lucien that I'd come here. If I still like it by June, you'll have as much of a lifetime member as possible. ;-)

Cyrus the virus
01-21-07, 11:32 AM
Homely!? How dare you!?! You bitch, you come up in here, spittin' dat trash at us, whatchu think gonna go down afta you done smack down mah stompin' ground!?

*pap pap*

Lern respeckt.

Oh, homey.

Karuka
01-21-07, 11:37 AM
Aye, homey.

Meanin' th' kind of place you could come to and joke around with the portly old man serving apple pie and hot cocoa, and spin a yarn and hear a bunch to and from the gang sitting around the fire.

So there. :p

Artifex Felicis
01-21-07, 04:39 PM
Rathe rplay with the yarn but eh.

Yeah, you'll find it's pretty hard to really make any true long running hates unless you activly go out of your way to do so with soemone. While this is great ICly, don't let it slip into OOC. Anyways, keep writing, what I've read is pretty fun.

hamnat
01-21-07, 04:46 PM
Ack! Ghetto-speak!!:P

Just kidding. But ya'llz iz crazy!

Karuka
01-21-07, 05:06 PM
Rathe rplay with the yarn but eh.

Yeah, you'll find it's pretty hard to really make any true long running hates unless you activly go out of your way to do so with soemone. While this is great ICly, don't let it slip into OOC. Anyways, keep writing, what I've read is pretty fun.
No worries. I'm one of those people that gets edgy when all her threads are not moving along quickly enough for her tastes.

Gets even worse when I'm on caffeine. *Glances at Mt. Dew can at her wrist*

AdventWings
01-21-07, 09:35 PM
One word, Karuka: Sprite. :D

Gets you high on sugar and sodium without the side-effects of insomnia and hypertension. ;)

Karuka
01-21-07, 09:39 PM
Uh-uh. I need me my caffeine!

Lol. I have some ginger ale in my fridge, though.

Artifex Felicis
01-21-07, 09:49 PM
That's a bad thing. Try to go cold turkey. If you're sick enought o miss school/work then you should wean yourself. Other than that, get hooked on sprite and snapple. And Pepsi, cause that rocks despite caffine.

Karuka
01-21-07, 09:59 PM
Wait? What?

Who said anything about being sick enough to miss work or school?

I'm going to class tomorrow (I only have one class during January due to this school's setup), and I don't have a job.

I mean...the only thing I can think of now that might take me out for a bit is that I'm getting a pint of blood drawn after class tomorrow, but it wasn't a big deal last time.

EDIT:

And Pepsi is Ick. If I'm not drinking Mt. Dew, water, or tea, it's coke for this girl. (with the occasional ginger ale. Sprite rarely.)

Artifex Felicis
01-21-07, 10:08 PM
Caffine is actually an addictive substance. Though it's not exactly one, more like a crutch or something. My old teacher once had essentially two or three large espressos a day for over two years, and then decided to go cold turkey. He actually aranged for the substatute teacher to come in since his body got thrown so out of wake without constant caffine in his blood. Only for a day or two though. Granted, it was more extreme, but hopefully you get what I'm trying to say.

It was a bad joke and poorly executed on my part. You get used to them after a while. :P

Also, Death to the Cocoa-Cola Empire!

Nova
01-21-07, 10:14 PM
All Colas, Pepsi or coke are bad for the digestion system but great for removing rust, I think coke's best for the rust but I'm not sure but a damn tasty way to get rid of rust^^

I prefer rootbeer, it's probably the most natural of the drinks though there's no Caffeine in rootbeer. though it's not really good for you either, one must be allowed some vices.

Karuka
01-21-07, 10:19 PM
I know caffeine is addictive.

I also know soda is bad for me.

But I agree with Nova. I'm entitled to a vice or two.

(Mt. Dew is a Pepsi product, btw. So I support both corporate soda syndicates about evenly).

Dirge
01-21-07, 10:42 PM
Wow, I'm not quite sure what just happened... but I seriously read this entire 8 page thread. I'm sure something (alcohol) is setting in... lol.

WELCOME!

I love your character.