PDA

View Full Version : Fate.

Ayithe Solete
01-17-07, 07:20 AM
Haven't posted in awhile so here we go.

I was having a long talk with my partner, about old times and something slowly became clear to me. Before getting together, there have been multiple times that I could have ended up meeting her even from such an early age.

At a point in my life, I went to cub’s scouts and then ventures; I went cubs and scouts in my area and then did ventures in a area called Lostoc. I had held back from going there because I was very shy at that age and I was scared of meeting new people. Of course I was not aware of her at that time, but I know now that if I had gone when first asked, she would of been there, but she left before I joined when moving schools and area etc.

At that point she has moved to an all girl’s school, right next to my all boys’ school. Since I also lived in that area and knew pretty much everyone in that area of my age I was surprised to never really have met her. (Considering alot of her friends were in my area as well)

I soon found out that her friends were friends with some of my friends and I could have met her on several occasions, but with me being shy to other girls I yet again missed out on meeting her. By the time I actually met up with them she had moved to another school and area.

At the end of school, we both set up to go to a College, we both applied to the same college and the same building. Now yes, she would have been on a different course but the courses were in the same building and the same block. I could have met her there, but on the day it all started I chickened out and left.

Eventually, I did meet her though, I had a friend who played an online game, and he invited me to join his "clan" online. So I brought the game and joined and one of his clans friends was her, that was the first time I met her, she did unfortunately have a boyfriend, but that wasn't on my mind at the time anyway as I had my own life at the time. However, we just naturally became really good friends and had loads in common, but since we both had life’s that’s all it was.

Eventually I broke up with my other half, and she was one of the people who helped and comforted me alot. She helped me loads and I suppose we became closer friends and through her own means she broke up with her other half about a month later. I was still single but the way things were, since I knew her ex too, I didn't think I would see her again. But not long after we just came together, we just knew.

Now, I’m not really a person who believes in fate, or destiny sort of thing. I believe that I make my own choices and that’s my life as I make it (Cause and affect). Maybe our life styles, our similar personalities or likes and dislikes brought us this way. But when I sat down and thought about it, it really was quite amazing how things turn out, and does fate exist? Maybe in a way it does, but if it does, I don't think it controls us, I think we draw our own concluetions and fate is constructed by own actions.

What do you think, about my story? Or about fate? Do you believe in it at all? It would be nice to hear some views.

Seth_Rahl
01-17-07, 11:47 AM
Wow. That is amazing...Well, I agree that fate is constructed by our own actions, but only because I don't want to believe that my life is being controlled by something other than myself. Like terry goodkind says; "Your life is yours alone. rise up and live it." I met my girl through different circumstances, but essentially it felt like the same thing.

That is a good question to contemplate. Are we fate?

Zook Murnig
01-17-07, 11:55 AM
I've had the same thing with my girlfriend. Her best friend is the son of one of the ushers at my parents' wedding. She's friends with one of my friends' friend. One of her other friends almost committed suicide, and I was there helping her friend's boyfriend to talk her out of it over the phone. There's a lot more, but that's all I can come up with at the moment.

It's weird how things work out like that. Then again, Mechanicsville was once a small town. Not anymore, though... >.>;;

Ürei
01-17-07, 02:41 PM
Be thankful that fate, or Karma, or whatever it is, favors you so well. Some people live through life and get so many chances and take opportunities that are given to them, but no matter how many times they become happy, life decides that there is only so much happiness one person can have, and takes it all away.

Djakara
01-17-07, 03:27 PM
There are a lot of things that are outside the control of individual humans that end up effecting our lives. Some of them are things we probably never would have thought, and some of them are things that we likely could never imagine. For all I know, the only reason I get into my first choice school is because another more promising applicant was killed in a car wreck last week. I never knew him, don't know the applications process, but its not an impossible scenario. The same thing could go against me.

If you consider that to be fate, you might as well. However, I generally people like to use "fate" as a way of explaining coincidences and assume there was some kind of plan behind it all. I sincerly doubt that. I'm under the opinion that most things in the world happen because of completely unrelated events.