PDA

View Full Version : GUA Tournament

}|{
01-18-07, 09:02 PM
How is everyone doing in it?

Everyone happy with judging and etc. so far?

Atzar
01-18-07, 09:09 PM
I'm moving on to the next round, but I really don't care much at the moment. The environment there (or on GUA in general, for that matter) just isn't very conducive to imagination for me. I post when it's my turn (which has happened once so far, since my Round One opponents were no-shows) and just ignore it otherwise.

Letho
01-19-07, 02:24 AM
I'm moving on to the next round, but I really don't care much at the moment. The environment there (or on GUA in general, for that matter) just isn't very conducive to imagination for me. I post when it's my turn (which has happened once so far, since my Round One opponents were no-shows) and just ignore it otherwise.Hear, hear! There is so much bickering and whining and bitching and sour grapes and a whole lot of other (bad) things over there that I do the same as Atzar.

Storm Veritas
01-19-07, 06:54 AM
It's my conclusion that the general international populace of RPers must be poor as hell. The grand prize is a hundred dollars, and people are competing, submitting disputes, and whining like it's the god-damned Olympics.

But yeah, Letho and I have advanced and I'll stay in until we get bounced.

Dirge
01-19-07, 01:23 PM
I'm angered that myself and Unseen lost to a pair of GuA'ites that couldn't put a string of words together to save their lives. One was ok, I didn't think he was anything special... but the other's posts didn't make any sense.

I was reading them aloud when I was trying to respond to his posts, and I thought I was going to kill someone. Unseen decided it wasn't even worth responding to him because of how bad the posts were.

So, in all truth, I'm glad I'm out because the general roleplaying atmosphere is very unwelcoming for creativity. I also feel that those judging, no offense, should have actually taken the time to read the threads and not waited until the end of teh three weeks.

That's my stand. I know I won't be going back to GuA to ever rp again... but good luck to all the others that are yet in the tourney.

Djakara
01-19-07, 01:27 PM
For understanding GUA, here is a good rule

If it doesn't involve ROKFD, it sucks
If it invovles ROKFD, but has happened within the past year, it may not be imune to suckitude.

I'm glad I'm not in the tournament.

Devin Argente
01-19-07, 01:34 PM
Hear, hear! There is so much bickering and whining and bitching and sour grapes and a whole lot of other (bad) things over there...

It's my conclusion that the general international populace of RPers must be poor as hell. The grand prize is a hundred dollars, and people are competing, submitting disputes, and whining like it's the god-damned Olympics.

That's my stand. I know I won't be going back to GuA to ever rp again...

If it doesn't involve ROKFD, it sucks
If it invovles ROKFD, but has happened within the past year, it may not be imune to suckitude.

Yep. That's my GUA: its roleplaying forums are decaying more rapidly by the day. I wouldn't be surprised if its BA and DS were gone altogether at the end of this tournament. Still, it's where I first started writing, so I somehow can't think too bad of it.

Me and my GUA partner are also through to round two, so I've actually got more of an incentive than mere nostalgia to stick around.

Djakara
01-19-07, 01:37 PM
Devin Argente, who are you on GUA? I was Oakenshield.

MaxBlade
01-19-07, 01:55 PM

He Whisper one of the veterans.

I made it through Round 1 agianst Iron Monkey and Essyl Magi. THough they weren't that tough. lol Dirge did you go againgst Istar Magus and Lord Asiram? The people with FF avatars? You must have been with tanked?

Hear, hear! There is so much bickering and whining and bitching and sour grapes and a whole lot of other (bad) things over there that I do the same as Atzar.

Lol that's GUA but most of the people that lost to Gua'ers because they thought we sucked are the people that's bitching and it's making me angry. Especially those Alers, (AnimeLeaguers) I don't think much of thier RPing.

But I still gotta lauigh at the eople that lost to GUA, uh SRY Dirge.

Devin Argente
01-19-07, 02:01 PM

I'm Whisper at the moment. I've also been LightningRaider, Demordeth, Gambit, Starstruck... I love name changes. But you probably wouldn't remember any of those, since a couple of days after I joined, people were all frantic about you leaving (I believe your name was Molotov at the time).

Lol that's GUA but most of the people that lost to Gua'ers because they thought we sucked are the people that's bitching and it's making me angry. Especially those Alers, (AnimeLeaguers) I don't think much of thier RPing.

I have to agree that AL thinks too much of itself, even though there is talent within their ranks. Also, they don't seem inclined to in any way fit in or at least accomodate the regulations of the tourney; they are adamant that their way is best.

Which is fine, but you see what it got them. The shortest straw.

But I still gotta lauigh at the eople that lost to GUA, uh SRY Dirge.

I'm representing GUA :(

You're putting a damper on my confidence ;)

Max Dirks
01-19-07, 02:06 PM
Zieg and I are enjoying being the TOL's dark horse participants. Most players there don't realize that both he and I have won Althanas tournaments in the past year (Zieg was a finalist in the Cell, and Thoracis and I won the LCC). It's nice to avoid the hype sometimes.

I'm hoping to battle EJ and his Ayenee team during round two.

Cyrus the virus
01-19-07, 04:18 PM
I kinda feel bed about all the GUA hate :( Krystin tries so hard. She really is sweet, too.

I told her she should come here, where people'd treat her right :p I should probably let her know about all the rape jokes, though...

MaxBlade
01-19-07, 04:45 PM
I told her she should come here, where people'd treat her right I should probably let her know about all the rape jokes, though...

...Funny...all right not funny ;) Yeah people have always hated us because we're not "structured" so they think thier better no offense. That's why we're hoping for a win from GUA, hoping Seraphim and Hartel or Istar and Asiram, also Whisper and Vegna, come to the top. I don't know if you noticed, half the people from GUA didn't even represent GUa but tried to represent another Forum those Heathens!

Cyrus the virus
01-19-07, 05:25 PM
Nobody hates GUA because it's not structured, yo. And nobody hates it because the RPing isn't great or anything. I hate GUA because the people there are childish, and not in the joking, impatient sense in which people like me are childish. They cry and bitch and moan, and it never, ever ends.

That, and they don't appreciate (or notice) any attempt at humor that isn't jarringly obvious. They take everything at face value, without any thought put behind what they're saying or thinking.

But yeah. Nobody cares that it isn't an overly structured RPing world.

Dirge
01-19-07, 06:19 PM
Nobody hates GUA because it's not structured, yo. And nobody hates it because the RPing isn't great or anything. I hate GUA because the people there are childish, and not in the joking, impatient sense in which people like me are childish. They cry and bitch and moan, and it never, ever ends.

That, and they don't appreciate (or notice) any attempt at humor that isn't jarringly obvious. They take everything at face value, without any thought put behind what they're saying or thinking.

But yeah. Nobody cares that it isn't an overly structured RPing world.

Exactly. One of my bestfriends online is DarkStrike, who's from GuA... I have nothing against their roleplaying style, but against the bitching and moaning.

On that note, I posted up a appeal for my battle against Istar and Asiram. And, though I'm not sure if I can even post and ask this kind of thing on Althanas, I would like to know if the people on Althanas believe that I went about it the correct way. I took quite a while to write it and thought it out, asking four others about what they thought and if they agreed with me.

So, without further ado (what a wierd word, here's my appeal. The Blood Brothers v. Rossum Possum (http://giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=888260#post888260).

Thank you for your help and consideration. If you don't agree post that here too please, I want to know everyone's opinion.

Zieg dil' Tulfried
01-19-07, 07:41 PM
Poor Cy. And Dissy. 'Tis Sad.

Atzar
01-19-07, 07:44 PM
I think your argument was well-thought out and organized, and it definitely merits a second look by an unbiased judge in my opinion.

The thing that might hurt you is your outburst in the other thread after the judgment. You've deleted it now, but I hope for your sake that no grudges are held because of it.

Anyway, good luck with the appeal. I'd like to see another Althanas team in the fray.

Dirge
01-19-07, 08:16 PM
Yeah, I appologized for that (through a PM). That was just me being pissed... and I thought it pretty childish...

Yeah, sorry Cy and Diss... looks like you'll be with me out in teh first round.

Lucien
01-19-07, 08:31 PM
Dirge, Cyrus, Diss and me.

EB and I dropped out. Can't say I would've wanted to stay anyway, even our opponents who were disqualified thought we should've lost. To be fair, the English language should file sexual harassment suits against half the ToL competitors.

Nova
01-19-07, 08:32 PM
wow I'm really glad I decided against competing in that. never really cared for battles and that's just well, worse.

Atzar
01-19-07, 08:34 PM
It's no fun at all... though it's no fault of the administration, this idea was a good one gone wrong. Good call on that one.

Dirge
01-19-07, 08:53 PM
Dirge, Cyrus, Diss and me.

EB and I dropped out. Can't say I would've wanted to stay anyway, even our opponents who were disqualified thought we should've lost. To be fair, the English language should file sexual harassment suits against half the ToL competitors.

LMFAO... I agree. Poor, poor English Language.

EDIT: That, and bwnangry(whatever), who I assumed was the 'in charge' person... got banned and then messed around and got around the IC ban... just to waste time for Krystin.

Mage Hunter
01-19-07, 09:38 PM
Well I pointed out a few things, hopefully that changes a few things, I disagree with BK on the point that I can't do something like describe my opponents when we're being shepherded into an arena like that. I think I would notice if my opponents fell through the floor with me...

Ther
01-19-07, 10:42 PM
I hate to play good cop here, but can we please stop bashing the players at GUA? Criticizing the tournament is one thing, but there's no need to denigrate the GUAers participating in it, since all they probably need is a little bit more time writing and developing and they'd be just as good as most of us.

I wouldn't be surprised if its BA and DS were gone altogether at the end of this tournament.

That's a pity. I do home that we continue to have some cross-currents with GUA, since many of their players have come here and been exceptional players and staffers.

I told her she should come here, where people'd treat her right

You should put us in contact sometime - I'd love to talk shop with her.

Uukan Kimari
01-19-07, 10:46 PM
I applied for a judge position in it and was denied because he said I didn't give enough detail. I really wanted to be a judge too.

Karuka
01-20-07, 12:41 AM
Personally, I felt that a good many childish individuals joined the ToL tournament. That made it a pain in the butt to go down and deal with OOC stuff.

The only real OOC complaint I had with my round is GOOD GODS could those two be any slower to post?

Then again, I was talking to my opponent about getting a post up, and he was like "we have until Jan somesuch," and I really loved the "oh snap" feeling I got when I showed him the thread saying "nope. Christmas eve is when this party ends."

Scoring wise, I think my judge did a good job. It just took until well past deadline to get the score up.

Zieg dil' Tulfried
01-20-07, 10:19 AM
The only real OOC complaint I had with my round is GOOD GODS could those two be any slower to post?

That was me! ^^^

Also, hurrah for Cy and Dissy! They win now!

Dirge
01-20-07, 10:32 AM
heh, they did win... w00t for them.

w000000t

MaxBlade
01-20-07, 10:34 AM
Well I have no complaints and no one had any complaints aobut our judging, because Serilant did the judging :) so every one was cool, my partner and I (Ingenious on Althanas) made it through to the next round.

Personally, I felt that a good many childish individuals joined the ToL tournament. That made it a pain in the butt to go down and deal with OOC stuff.

Yeah with these Childish Individuals, it makes it hard to have fun. This is a fun competion..............................right?

}|{
01-20-07, 12:03 PM
I kinda feel bed about all the GUA hate Krystin tries so hard. She really is sweet, too.

I told her she should come here, where people'd treat her right I should probably let her know about all the rape jokes, though...

LMFAO... I agree. Poor, poor English Language.

EDIT: That, and bwnangry(whatever), who I assumed was the 'in charge' person... got banned and then messed around and got around the IC ban... just to waste time for Krystin.

I was ip banned before I came back, if you're going to talk about me get the story straight. There was no messing around. I won my round, and then posted an appeal for my opponets because I felt that they out-wrote me.

EB and I dropped out. Can't say I would've wanted to stay anyway, even our opponents who were disqualified thought we should've lost. To be fair, the English language should file sexual harassment suits against half the ToL competitors
No, I thought that I lost - that is why I pretty much outed myself as Angryn3wb to keep you in it. Don't make my sacrifice of our team worth nothing.

Hell, if you guys aren't going to use your GUA accounts even after winning your round - give them to squidi and I.

Dirge
01-20-07, 12:09 PM
Say what you want... but that thread was payed attention too despite you having an IC ban. As such, Krystin spent a good deal of time on that thread, meaning she couldn't judge others.

Thanks for your oh so honorable consideration of others.

You don't need to be a hero, just play by the rules. That's enough for most people.

Grow up.

}|{
01-20-07, 12:40 PM
Say what you want... but that thread was payed attention too despite you having an IC ban.
It is IP, and the attention that was played was Squidi and I's victory.

As such, Krystin spent a good deal of time on that thread, meaning she couldn't judge others.
And my team won?

Thanks for your oh so honorable consideration of others.
You're welcome.

You don't need to be a hero,
But I JUST bought guitar hero. :O:O:O

just play by the rules.
I wrote the rules.

That's enough for most people.
Not for me.

Grow up.
What excatly did I do that was immature? Please, enlighten me?

Ashiakin
01-20-07, 01:10 PM
All of this arguing isn't helping anything. This thread will be closed if the tournament cannot be discussed civilly. Anyone contributing to the argument after this post will be warned.

}|{
01-20-07, 01:18 PM
All of this arguing isn't helping anything. This thread will be closed if the tournament cannot be discussed civilly. Anyone contributing to the argument after this post will be warned.
Show me where I was uncivil (is that a word). I am getting attacked, repeatedly, and the only thing I am doing is stating my points and asking questions. Look at the last post. Sarcasm met with sincerity. ------If this was the metallica thread I'd understand, rofl.

But seriously. If they aren't going to use there accounts, then they should at least give them to someone who will. If ida known they were just going to quit then I would have never done that. I find it particularly sad that there is so much negitivity for the tournament I worked so hard to build.

Devin Argente
01-20-07, 01:24 PM
But seriously. If they aren't going to use there accounts, then they should at least give them to someone who will. If ida known they were just going to quit then I would have never done that. I find it particularly sad that there is so much negitivity for the tournament I worked so hard to build.

The problem is not the tournament. The problem is not the people that have helped setting it up, or are helping to run it. The problem is the general attitude of the people in it.

Also, if you're IP-banned on a forum, that usually means they don't want you to come back. If you want to return to GUA, then don't do it sneakily by taking over another's account. Ask Krystin. She's forgiving enough.

}|{
01-20-07, 01:36 PM
Rofl. They havn't ip banned me though, which is what is funny. I don't want to go back. Most people involved knew that I was leaving after the tournament. The fact that krystin is ruining it is rather unsettling.

Ashiakin
01-20-07, 01:37 PM
This argument has degenerated into sarcastic sniping. That's not a hallmark of clear-headed debate. I could have closed this thread immediately, but I did not. I'd like for people to be able to discuss the tournament. If you would like to continue to discuss the tournament, quit arguing with me and do so civilly.

dopebeatz
01-20-07, 01:39 PM
I heard GUA is a front for the mafia.

Atzar
01-20-07, 01:45 PM
Probably... once you get in, you can never get out.

Unless, of course, you seek the allegiance of a bigger, badder group that can kick your old group's ass. (=Althanas)

Ashiakin
01-20-07, 01:48 PM
This isn't going anywhere, except maybe a flame war. Closed.