PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help

{Kid disasteR}
01-19-07, 01:51 PM
I tried making a new thread in character reg. but it isnt working. i keep trying to make one and thus far no results. n e idea what might be the problem?

Lucien
01-19-07, 01:52 PM
Did you click submit post and nothing appeared? That could be the spam catcher. They should appear soon enough if that's the case. An Admin has to approve certain character registration threads, to prevent spam that is.

{Kid disasteR}
01-19-07, 01:55 PM
well like when it shows that loading page where right after u post its sposed to take u immediately back to the post u just made, instead it takes me all the way back to the character registration page

Lucien
01-19-07, 02:03 PM
Yeah.

Spam catcher. An Admin needs to improve it as not spam. Happens to all of us...who recently made profiles.

{Kid disasteR}
01-19-07, 02:05 PM
damnit. its sux enough waiting for it to be approved. now i have to wait to get it approved to be approved again later on -_-. its like a buerocracy

Zook Murnig
01-19-07, 02:08 PM
Rule of the Office. That's how a lot of the world works, unfortunately. DMV, IRS, most workplaces. We just have to live with it. I went through the same thing a couple times, but they're pretty quick about it.

The Valkyrie
01-19-07, 02:10 PM
Unfortunately, we get so much spam that it is a necessary evil. Adjusting the filters to catch the spam and let through the real stuff is a neverending process. We're glad to have you here though none the less. Hope everything fixes itself soon.

Serilliant
01-19-07, 04:00 PM
Your thread has been approved now and is visible. The reason the spam catcher didn't like you was the link in your post, and the fact that you attempted to post the thread 5 times.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Your account has now also been whitelisted so that the automated code will give you no further problems.

Cyrus the virus
01-19-07, 04:11 PM
Also, don't be too deterred by it (this goes for anybody else reading this). The thread still shows up to everyone who can approve it (that's about... 9 or 10 people), and as soon as they see it's legitamite it's made visible. It really doesn't slow down the approval process at all :D

Dirge
01-19-07, 06:26 PM
Haha, I did the same thing... but only posted my profile about twice. No worries.

The Prophet of Zane
01-20-07, 05:44 PM
I feel your pain, Kid. After I posted mine, I wanted to look over it, and alas, not there. Where's the world's smallest violin when you need it?

INDK
01-22-07, 09:21 AM
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=4089

I made a sticky to explain the situation. Hopefully in the future if there is confusion, new members will know why.