PDA

View Full Version : Althanas is at war, want to make money?

Djakara
01-21-07, 08:34 AM
As you all know, there are conflicts all over the globe right now. Something needs to be done about this. And by something, I mean, we need to get fabulously wealthy!

If you do want to get rich, then the Barons of War are the organization for you. Our goal is to sell weapons to people. And uhh... get weapons so we can sell them. And make lots of money in the process.

Come on... you know you're interested.

Click for more Info (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=3999)

Membership

Leaders: Djakara
Barons: Raelyse, Slayer of the Rot, Ashiakin.
Other guys: Streak101

News

PG Quest (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=51435#post51435)

Letho
01-21-07, 08:48 AM
Kindly mod moved the thread. This PG reminds me of "Lord of War" with Nicholas Cage. Badass movie. :cool:

Raelyse
01-21-07, 08:52 AM
I'll donate 1000 to become a leader. If that's not allowed, then 300 for Baron. I can grant you a greater access to Alerar as well as Raiaera.

Djakara
01-21-07, 12:23 PM
Raelyse: Seeing as I want there to always be more barons than leaders, I'm going to accept you as a Baron right now. As the group grows, you'll definately be in the consideration for a spot as a leader.

Letho: Thanks for your help. Lord of War was definately a motivation for starting this group.

Slayer of the Rot
01-21-07, 02:17 PM
I can rip armored men in two with my bare hands. Stealing, say, crates of weapons, and even valuable single ones isn't too difficult a task for me.

I certainly have the money to donate to become a baron.

Djakara
01-21-07, 05:35 PM
Slayer of the Rot is welcome. I also invite you to become a Baron.

I need to figure out how this whole PG treasury thing works, seeing as I need to collect the 300 GP from each of you.

Ashiakin
01-21-07, 06:16 PM
Haha, I actually watched Lord of War after speaking with you about this the other day. To get the idea and all. I want to donate the 300 GP and become a baron.

streak101
01-21-07, 06:20 PM
Need another Baron?

Djakara
01-22-07, 09:11 AM
Adam: Thats the spirit. As talked about on AIM, you're in.

Streak: I think you're a great writer with potential, but your lack of recent activity scares me a bit. You are welcome to join, but right now, I feel you should have to prove yourself by being active in a few group quests before I will invite you to become a Baron. However, I still would like it if you chose to join the group.

Everyone: I want to start a PG quest to get us some kind of warehouse, and potentially a ship, or at least a group of NPCs that can do some of our shipping for us. IMO, the best place to be HQed is Istraloth. They have wealthy people, no central government, and no allies. It seems like the perfect place for us. What do the rest of you think?

Ashiakin
01-22-07, 01:53 PM
Istraloth sounds good to me. But where do you get the idea that there are wealthy people there? Is there a lot of gold or valuable resources or something?

Also, as a point of reference, the Vogruk-Stokes Company of Salvar has a small trading outpost on Istraloth from which it does business with the natives.

Djakara
01-22-07, 03:10 PM
I guess I misread something to think they had resorts. Well, even if they don't have wealthy people, privacy is much more important.

Ashiakin
01-22-07, 03:21 PM
Yeah, I still think Istraloth is a good location. It's out of the way, but it means we don't have to worry about nearby competition (although I guess we have to worry about pirates and possibly hostile natives.) I'm sure Istraloth has trees so we could build a small shipping fleet and a warehouse in relative quiet.

Slayer of the Rot
01-22-07, 03:28 PM
Haha, us having to worry about pirates...

I have no problems, personally, with the choice of Istraloth. Just basically point me in a direction of your choosing and I'll smash through whatever happens to be there.

Djakara
01-22-07, 03:57 PM
Yeah, I still think Istraloth is a good location. It's out of the way, but it means we don't have to worry about nearby competition (although I guess we have to worry about pirates and possibly hostile natives.) I'm sure Istraloth has trees so we could build a small shipping fleet and a warehouse in relative quiet.

I was thinking with Pirates we could even buy off some of them so that they helped protect us. Anyhow, unless there are any objections, I'm going to have a quest up sometime soon. This will be the basic plot;

Djakara is sent by the Alerar government to establish this place for them. However, little do most government officials know, the King's advisor Schynius wants the place to be held only by Djakara and men loyal to him, instead of the Mazzra. Schynius, currently unsure about the legitimacy of the Alerar government, wants an hidden stockpile of weapons so that he might have them in case there is a coup within the Alerar government.

Some of you will be recruited directly from a "wanted add" posted outside Alerar. Others of you (Adam, maybe Colin) will be recruited directly because Schynius knows of you. As we are all working on establishing the base, Djakara is privately picking you guys out among the others (NPCs) as the ones with whom he is going to form the Barons of War ICly. The quest ends with our warehouse built and the Barons created.

For most of the clan quests, I'm going to request a reward of special prices on goods, or money for goods sold, but in this quest, our spoils will be a base and a small fleet, either of our own, or one we have got through convincing a pirate fleet to join us.

Raelyse
01-22-07, 05:38 PM
Sounds fine and good. :)

Ashiakin
01-22-07, 07:39 PM
That sounds fine to me. Schynius knows Ashiakin personally since they collaborated (very covertly) on the assassination of Valsharess.

Djakara
01-23-07, 06:34 PM
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=51435#post51435

Thread is up. Everyone post! I want all our protagonists to mingle a bit, and then I'll fast forward until when we reach Istraloth.

Also, Ashiakin, Djakara knows that Schynius is responsible for the Queen's death. I could only assume Schynius would have told Ashiakin.

streak101
01-23-07, 07:06 PM
all right, i'd be happy to join it even if i'm not a baron, I'm also trying to get more active as of late.

Djakara
01-23-07, 07:16 PM
If you are active and add to our events with your posts, then you will certainly get invited to become a baron.

Feel free to post in the clan quest that I have linked to.

Raelyse
01-24-07, 07:23 AM
Is it okay if Djakara sends Raelyse an invitation to come to Istraloth? And who is this Schynius fellow?

Djakara
01-24-07, 10:19 AM
Hmm... as long as it wasn't an invitation to join the Barons of War, but to help Alerar. Also, it might help storyline better if it was sent by the Alerian government.

Schynius is the grand advisor of the new king of Alerar.

Another note- Do we care about this (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=3968)?

Ashiakin
01-24-07, 09:50 PM
I've had a lot of stuff to do for class this week and I've had to use my Althanas time to work on the population/military stuff. There's a possibility that I'll be able to post tomorrow, but if not, I will be able to post Friday. Sorry for the delay.

I'll try to take a look at the link tomorrow and respond to that part then.

Raelyse
01-25-07, 06:49 AM
Where exactly on Istraloth is it? Generally, where do they meet? I need it for my post, you see.

Djakara
01-25-07, 10:09 AM
We're on an island just off the continental shelf, overlooking the mountains that surround the continent. This island is going to be generally uninhabited and full of tropical forest and lakes.

Also, Raelyse, why do you need to know this? Did you plan on meeting us on the island?

Sighter Tnailog
01-25-07, 10:32 AM
Does possibility remain for a donation of 300 GP and the position of a baron?

INDK
01-25-07, 11:05 AM
Yes, but Madison, do you think this is really the right group for Findelfin? It would sell weapons to children if they paid enough, and would have no qualms in selling weapons to Alerar or any other enemy of Raiaera.

Raelyse
01-25-07, 05:37 PM
How else did you want me to post?

Sighter Tnailog
01-25-07, 10:34 PM
Findelfin looks forward to building relationships with the Barons which will profit Raiaera through the sale of magical weaponry. My boy's a changing, as is Raiaera.

Djakara
01-26-07, 10:05 AM
How else did you want me to post?

I was figuring you would have gotten on the ship either in Corone or Alerar.

Madison: If thats the case, then welcome to the group. Just keep in mind, this group would have no issues selling weapons to Alerar either.

Raelyse
01-26-07, 10:19 AM
I'm confused. Very confused. How do you want me to post? What's this gettin on a ship in Corone or Alerar business? I can do that if you want. Just wondering what is this ship?

Djakara
01-26-07, 10:30 AM
The ship Djakara is on in the introductory post. In the post I mentioned some of the crew was recruited in Alerar, the rest in Corone. The ship is leaving a Corone harbor as the quest starts.

Raelyse
01-26-07, 10:34 AM
Sorry, I'm retarded. I thought the crew was like cabin boys and stuff. I'll post ASAP.

Djakara
01-26-07, 11:44 AM
Nah, by "crew" I meant everyone who is going to be working on this task.

Sighter Tnailog
01-26-07, 11:54 AM
Shyam: I PMed you with the particulars of my membership. If you think these particulars warrant not being a "baron," that is fine.

streak101
01-27-07, 07:53 AM
I've changed my mind about this PG...i'm out.

Raelyse
01-27-07, 08:03 AM
Should probably delete your post, it'll distract from the beauty of Findelfin and Raelyse bucking their hips in a gyrating fashion in the cargo hold.

Sighter Tnailog
01-29-07, 12:26 AM
You just gave me a boner.

Raelyse
02-02-07, 04:39 AM
'Dam, do you want me to post first?

Ashiakin
02-05-07, 10:15 AM
Should I wait for Slayer and streak or go ahead and post?

Djakara
02-05-07, 11:26 AM
Go ahead. Post.

Slayer of the Rot
02-05-07, 11:45 AM
Yes, please, post. Unless it's necessary for all current Barons to post in this quest to get ICly recruited, I am going to pass in this instance. I'm still trying to get myself back up to speed, and I believe if I join too many threads, I may run the risk of running out of fuel again, and I'd feel like a dick going inactive and leaving everyone waiting in "Here Comes The Barons".

Silence Sei
02-05-07, 12:12 PM
Although I have yet to be invited (I am ashamed of you Shyam!), I think the 'Protector of Radasanth' may be a good addition to the Barons of War. Whattaya say?

Djakara
02-06-07, 11:17 AM
Sei, don't take it personally. I haven't actually recruited anyone to join the group other than through the thread.

However, I feel you would make an excellent addition. Feel free to join the thread. Since it hasn't gone that far, a Sei entrance would be fine at this point.

Ashiakin
02-09-07, 07:14 PM
Posted. I apologize for the delay, I've had the flu.

Shyam, do you want me to delete streak's post in the thread since it's OOC?

Djakara
02-11-07, 12:12 PM
yeah go ahead. Especially since he has left the group.

Raelyse
02-11-07, 05:36 PM
Tres Sorry for the delay. I'll try to get it up soon.