PDA

View Full Version : On the Subject of Alphabets

Zook Murnig
01-22-07, 12:41 PM
I'm working on a solo quest for my character, in which I am planning on using letters from the Hebrew alphabet as a bit of flavor. It only occurred to me just now that the forum system might not support the alphabet.

My question is, what alphabets are supported by the Althanas forum?

AdventWings
01-22-07, 12:52 PM
Ouch... That's a question that is way out of my comprehension...

The staff will be directed your way soon. Please stand by. :)

Christina Bredith
01-22-07, 01:14 PM
Well, I can tell you it supports East Asian fonts (at least Japanese) as I used some recently. OOCly, though. You still probably have to have it installed on your computer to see it, though. It might be the same idea with the Hebrew fonts.

Zook Murnig
01-22-07, 01:19 PM
It appears that I have the font requirements met on my computer, because I've actually written the words out in TextEdit (what I use to write). I've tried previewing a post with the letters in it, but they just appeared as a series of question marks.

Serilliant
01-22-07, 10:50 PM
As far as supporting Hebrew, the board will not do it.

It has to do with the charset used in Hebrew. In order to support it, we would need to install the appropriate language pack. Given the current need and the consumption of resources the pack would take, I don't see it as a feasible option at this point. The best thing I can think of for you is to put your chosen text into an image and embed the image into your post.

Sorry for the inconvenience.