PDA

View Full Version : Murmurings of a Growl

Corvus MacCallum
01-23-07, 03:33 AM
[Closed to Cielalune]

"AAAARRRrrrrooooo!"

It was difficult making out that fresh, powerful howl among all the splashing of water, the furred swordsman belting out loudly as he erupted from the river. By the banks were most of his clothing, slammer sword impaled into the ground and other posessions. He himself was wearing only his trousers while washing up, not to mention having a pick at the local fauna, it was no easy feat fishing bare-handed, specially not when making so much noise and disturbance but the fast current made it a lot simpler. Diving back in again the Highlander made quick work of his washing, grinning as he caught sight of a rather huge trout attempting to fight the current rather than pass by him.

Stretching out with those claws he took hold of the thrashing tail and quickly shot out of the water, few things more refreshing than a dip in the ice-cold waters of a fast flowing body of water. His spikey mane fighting a losing battle against the weight of water but it would only take a quick blaze to dry those out...felt great to get all the dirt and dried gore from his fur, fingering through the large out-crop on his back to try and flatten it out. Was a nice, peaceful day of travelling, decent array of scents too.

...Mmm...I smell deer..I`ll have to find where they graze before night-fall but this boyo should do me nicely

The trout had been thrashing and convlusing for dear life but one quick flick of a claw and its motions stopped, sometimes he did feel bad for killing but it was survival really, this was purely for food not for sport. Looking the eight inch monster over he smirked, one of those well used fangs poking out before hurling it to the bank where it slapped against his blade. Releasing another howl from deep in his throat the jubilant Highlander clambered out of the water,lowering down on all fours and shaking himself violently to ditch the water, so energtic and hyper he managed to shake himself onto his side. Snickering he picked himself up slowly and pondered just how to cook up that delectable peice.

Cielalune
01-23-07, 04:12 AM
Woods! Woods, woods and more woods!

Cielalune had been walking for almost an hour. Following the riverbed, she hoped it would lead her to a nearby town where she could rest on a comfy bed, which she sorely missed, and have a nice warm meal that would manage to fill her up. But to no avail has she seen any signs of community activity in the thicket of trees.

Lately, I’ve been crossing through a lot of forests and I’m beginning to lose my patience. Haven’t any of the other humans known about the concept of making a civilization? Or is the simple life their idea of a dream? Bah, Neanderthals, ALL OF THEM!

She muttered curses under her breath while brushing off the hair that drooped on her face. It made her nose itchy and forced her to scratch her nose every minute. Mud started building up on her boots, making it difficult for her to concentrate on her destination with all the squishing and squelching sounds coming from her footwear.

Only a few days ago she had repaired her torn clothes, after the little adventure she had with an elf girl in the Cave of Truth but now they were back to their ruined state. Her coat was damaged from collar to tail, several tears from before were now even longer. Her wool shirt, skirt and stockings had holes everywhere, revealing some new views of her bare skin. Several scratches adorned her boots and the right sole seemed like it was about to give away.

“…if only I had enough gold. I never should’ve spent them all on sweets. Ah, blast-!”

Thud!

Ciela had slipped from the moisture on the ground, being too close to the riverside. Landing on her bottom, ache suddenly crawled up her back and rendered her unable to stand up. She was completely worn out from the travel and the searing heat from the sun only made it worse as she crossed the dry lands first. Trying to stand back up, she felt a pang of dizziness in her head. She swayed heavily; heat consumed her body as sweat started pouring down her forehead.

“Of all the time to be ill…curse this world and its irony...”

And with that, Cielalune fainted on the grounds of the silently watching forest, hoping someone would find her soon.

Corvus MacCallum
01-23-07, 04:50 AM
"Ow...ya little fuc..urgh!"

Corvus winced as a scale caught him under the claw, such a pain in the arse scaling these things...if he had a knife sure that would be handy, using the slammer was just not an option, he hadn't roasted the blade for awhile and god knows what was growing along it...bah priorities were all screwed up. Straightning up from his picking at the Trouts sides he glanced about along the trees...this place was heavily sheltered from the sun, made for nice soft earth and refreshing shade..but did not make for good kindling, too much water in this wood. Using a foot to pick through his pack the wolf-man brought out one of his pleasanter rags, dumping the trout in it,a few quick wraps and tucks and bingo, one snack safe from insects for now while he went hunting for something more fibrery..

Following along the banks he did the obb bit of hopping and jumping to evade the squealchier spots, he had just washed these paws, didn`t want to get them caked immediately. Still this wasn't helping his search just yet and deciding to elevate his hunt began clambering up one of the twistier wooden decorations, claws scratching and marking at the bark as he scrawled his way to the top, from there it was a relatively difficult and awkward hopping from tree to tree, he was no bunny but then again made for some decent exercise. As his torso slammed into yet another trees out lying branch his claws couldn't dig deep enough and he began to fall, quickly throwing out restraint and thrusting his arm right against the branch, claws ripping through and holding though wouldn't be for long...didn't need a perch though for his priorities were being switched about as he took in the sight.

Mmm very leggy...what we got here..

With a quiet yelp his claws ripped through the bottom of the branch before he had intended to let go, falling from the tree really quite quickly, grumbling deeply as he landed, that horrible...aching dull pain rising from his feet and into his shins. Deciding for once to not straighten up he pawed towards the young lass on all fours, tail swinging idlely from side to side..nice scent, faint hints of sugar, recent of sweat...was pretty rough down here, little coverage and a boiling sun...though surely all the additional clothing didn`t help...great..

His hand rested on her fore-head for a few moments, warm as hell and getting quite rightly cooked, shaking his head slowly the wolf peeled the coat from her, slinging it over his shoulder before hefting up the girl..light little thing.

Never used a sword this light huh...cute critter...

He was suprised by just..how much red hair was falling down past his arm, soft too, not many scents of the earth either, high class girl...well this should be fun. It didn't take long to get back to camp...oh that enjoyable feeling of mud between the furry toes..bah. Didn't find much kindling either but she really didn't need the heat kneeling down he lowered the easily cradled girl so her back rested against his slammer, was the best shaded spot nice and cool...now came the less delicate treatment. Another rag was taken from his pack, dumped in the stream and then after being bundled up, applied to the girls face, keeping it good and damp before with a little bit of fumbling wrapping it around her neck give a nice rising cool feeling.

His hand reached out for a moment more, flicking off a bit of that long red hair from her face, must have got in the way all the time from those fresh white marks on her nose. Chuckling quietly he skulked back and returned to de-scaling the fish, needed something to do.

Cielalune
01-23-07, 09:36 AM
Ciel…

Ciel…Wake up…

Cielalune!

Cielalune gave a big yawn; the warm sun bathed her skin as she woke up from her slumber. A handsome tall man in shining silver armor stood in front of her, blocking the rich blue sky from her view.

He had short dark blue hair that crossed through half his face, covering his left eye. His eyes were as crimson as Ciel’s hair. He gently placed his eyes on her platinum silver ones, the sense of calm and kindness flowed through her skin like silk. Her cheeks turned bright pink when he smiled at her and gave a small laugh.

“You shouldn’t be dozing off during training hours.” He said as he offered his hand to lift the girl up. Cielalune gladly accepted the offer and rose with a stumble. She was wearing armor far too loose and heavy on her body. It clanked at every action Ciel did as she tried to hold steady.

“Now look over there.” Marlois pointed out towards the end of the field where the trees began to surround the whole kingdom. Directly where he pointed, stood a wooden dummy with a red target symbol painted on its chest, “What I want you to do is to strike that target using this bow and arrow.” He picked up a wooden bow, the middle was surrounded with what seemed like steel engraved with the kingdom’s emblem of dragon, cougar and wolf entwined in vines. It was crafted skillfully, only the best for the kingdom’s greatest army.

Cielalune puffed her chest despite the armor dragging her down. She straightened her legs and saluted, “Yes, m’lord!”

Suddenly, her captain dropped the bow and fell on the grass, having a hearty laugh. Ciel turned even redder as she saw tears almost coming out of his eyes. “W-what’s so funny, Sir Marlois?”

Finally, he heaved a sigh, stomach still aching, and sat up to face her again. She continued to stand straight, hand still saluting. “I’m not of royal blood, Ciel. No need to address me with such a rank. I’m but a lowly captain.” He said as he patted Ciel on her frail little head, giving her that gentle smile she always wanted to see.

“B-but m’lord! Aren’t you and Lady Soleannica engaged to be wed?” she asked, her heart beating loudly upon her breast.

“Do you want to know a secret?” he whispered. “I haven’t really asked the King about that. We plan to elope rather.”

She felt her heart sink.

CLANG!

Cielalune woke up startled, her eyes wide open. She was in a new area of the forest and found herself resting upright against a huge foreign weapon. Around her neck was a damp cloth that seemed to cool her down a little bit. Still unable to move her legs, she quietly looked around for her rapier and her cloak, which both were nowhere to be seen. The smell of raw blood rose in the air. It made her a little dizzy again but she refused to give in to the spell. Near her was what seemed like a man with a very heavy fur coat.

Did he bring me here? WHY did he bring me here? Who is he? Where am I? And…and…what’s that?

She looked down just below the man’s furry back was what seemed like a moving fuzzy worm. She watched it quietly sway and she could no longer bear to resist touching it.

Not realizing it was the man’s tail, she gave it a nice strong tug.

I hope whoever judges can read the font. I'm sorry if you ever have a hard time.

Corvus MacCallum
01-23-07, 11:42 AM
What had just grabbed was fairly long...fuzzy,oh but not just fuzzy was also fluffy, very soft and..most importantly, rather attached.

"Wow!...ease off the brakes luv!"

Thankfully she wasn't strong enough to yank him off his feet, but the suprise, the squeeze and of course the general fact his tail was pretty sensitive the Highlander swayed quite a bit, the tail wagging attempting to free itself of her grip as the wolf-man shuffled around to see her on his haunches. dangling the fish in one hand, the open rag resting on one thigh while the other had scales mixed in with his fur.

"Awake eh?...what the heck were you doing bundled up like that in this kind of sun?...look like you either walked out from a pretty large conflict and just kept walking heh, or got into a nasty brawl with a thorny bush which is it?..oh...don't try to move too much, usually dizzy spells associated with heat exhaustion"

He gave another few scrapes of the trout, normally he liked to keep his Highlander features hidden in civilisation, he didn't care one jot once back in the wilds, his element of life, plus it always felt good to let your fur out in a cold breeze. Seeing her eyes flit about for a moment he jabbed a finger in her direction.

"Coat and your other non-recovery stuff is sitting behind my Slammer sword your using as a back-rest, no worries...names Corvus can I get something to call you by lass?...helps questions like if you enjoy your fish smoked or poached"

Cielalune
01-23-07, 10:03 PM
Cielalune gasped and dropped the furry tail as soon as she discovered what it was. Falling back on the slammer sword, she swallows a large helping of oxygen to calm herself. Hearing from Corvus the location of her missing belongings, she quickly turned her hips to the side, hands feeling the cold metal texture of the large sword to seek for her rapier, Oublié.

Finally, able to recognize its elongated shape, she unsheathed it quickly and pointed it towards the direction of her companion who asked her for her choice of cooking fish.

“Don’t come any closer than where you are.” Gaining some little strength, she forced her knees to bend closer to her body, as far away as possible from the wolfman. “I’m Cielalune D’Rafale, proud knight of a once glorious kingdom. I have continued on my quest to look for my missing captain and took a brawling from a useless cave and continued on my trek hoping I would find a more suitable resting place for me when I managed to get myself dehydrated in this blasted place. These wounds of mine are none of mere theatrics and it greatly irks me that someone would think I am foolish enough to tangle myself in a bush.” She growled but continued on replying to each and every one of his questions.

“I like my fish steamed with sweet lemon sauce but your barbaric attempts of friendliness won’t affect me so easily! If you want to know, I have been searching the regions for the wizard, Altoucious. Have you heard of him? You better answer me.” She inched her weapon closer, staring at him with such threatening silver eyes.

Her heart continued to beat loudly, the mark on the nape of her neck pounded at every thump. Her hand shook a bit, still weak. There were tears starting to form in her eyes. She was ashamed to have herself saved again by someone else other than herself. It made her feel inferior and useless.

It made her angry.

Corvus MacCallum
01-24-07, 03:12 AM
He snickered at that, despite the whole threatening him with a rather pricy looking rapier, he had rescued a few people who had this mood swing, inferiority complexs, or just trying to prove they are the strongest..all came out when in situations they should be grateful for.

"Barbaric?...at least I`m trying to be friendly, I rescued you from heat exhaustion and you pull out your blade on me when I could have just left you there for a wild animal to gnaw on...the bears can get pretty damn big around here...if your such a civilised Shield-maiden then put that thing away before I poke your eye out with it"

He looked away from the weapon pointed at him and had another crack at slicing at the trout, nice fat heavy fish would go well smoked, then with a spur of the moment, that moment being quite a threatening one he once again spoke up.

"Oh and this kind of trout does badly steamed really, just take a look at it yourself"

Smirking the wolf-man gave a loud ear-peircing bark as he shifted, that blade coming up quickly to point in his direction and with a widened grin he hefted the eight inch beast and hurled it at the girl, not at her face though but onto the blade, being punctured easily by the sharp point, but she was still weak and that thing was pretty heavy on a single frail arm. At the least it would distract her enough for him to straighten up fully, flicking his claws into his furry hands to try and get rid of those scant few scales remaining.

"Just put that down or at the least gut the fish then put it down, always important to be helpful with others when in the wilds...now Ciel or should it be Lune?...either way not good with long names on people I just met heh I don`t know a wizard called Altoucious, I knew an alchemist hermit called Benedict but thats as close as I got to wizened old geezers of the mystic arts"

Cielalune
01-24-07, 09:57 AM
“I didn’t ask you to rescue me.” Ciela hissed, trying to stop the silent shaking in her left arm. It was clear that he doesn’t consider her as a person capable of taking care of herself, insisting Cielalune that he be her knight-in-shining-armor. “DON’T treat me like a damsel-in-distress! I am not like that imbecile princess locked asleep on that stupid tower after cursing herself, sticking her bloody finger in a bloody needle.”

Who the heck sticks their fingers in pointy objects anyway?! Why am I talking about the stories the maids told me about to him anyway? Bah! Enough of this pointless fight with myself! I have to focus on getting out of h-?!

Suddenly, the wolf man gave such a loud bark that he caught her off guard as he flung his meal towards Oublié.

SPLOCH!

The strong smell of fish entered her nostrils causing her to choke and cough. The fish dragged the sword down, her grip loosened from the shocking events that occurred. It dropped on the ground with a thud and a clang. She had had it with him acting coolly and calm like she wasn’t threatening him at all. Of course, she was in the least condition to threaten anyone. Not even a leaf would shake at her words in her weak state. Fortunately, that didn’t seem to dampen her spirits to try anyway.

With one last attempt, she tried to heave herself up but the results were all too much the same. Even as she clawed on the tree she once rested on, grabbing the low branches that jutted out of the trunk of the large tree, her arms still gave way to the illness. Her face went as red as her hair as she continued to humiliate herself failing to support herself up.

Giving up, Ciel let herself slide down slowly back to the earthy floor of the forest. She turned her head around, trying not to look at his cheesy grin. She was still angry at him for reasons that weren’t very reasonable.

“Don’t call me anything. After I recover from this state, I WILL leave. And if you must know, wizard Altoucious seems to be about YOUR age or a little more from what I remember.” She gave a smirk and added, “Though, you’re much of a geezer yourself.”

Corvus MacCallum
01-24-07, 10:12 AM
"Well I suppose if I aged in dog years I`d be pretty old but nah I age like a human,I`m only twenty lass...up to you if you want to leave but its not intelligent, you passed out in the wilds, ever stop to think what would happen if you had staggered a few steps to the side?...no?...I`ll tell you, that stream flows fast and it has its depths, you`d either wind up with a busted body or simply drown and wind up floating near some folks water wheel far south...not wanting to see a cute lass, who now that shes awake has a very large independance problem, die in that way or at least get heavily injured"

His grin reduced itself to just the simple smirk he often wore, wandering over to her defiant form before scooping up the Rapier, removing the weighty trout and bunging it back in its cloth wrapper before having a look over her weapon, even giving a quick swing though it was obvious he was more of a broad-sword type. With it balanced out nicely he slotted the obviously quite expensive taker of lives inside its sheath and with a bit of a bark made a quick step towards his slammer, leaping up, his foot using the steady handle for a boost and then deposited her weapon in one of the middling branches..not difficult at all for someone to grab..if they have enough energy.

"There, if you won`t accept my help then you`ll just have to accept my hinderance, once your recovered it won't be an issue grabbing that thing and if you fancy maybe trying to take me on with it heheh..might be fun even you seem good and speedy...oh thats right, didn't show you my weapon, how rude of me"

Hopping off the solid iron handle of his sword Cor gripped the handle with both hands and gave a hard, sharp yank, soil being churned upwards as the other half of his slammer sword was pulled free from the ground, giving a quick spin on his heel and bringing the sword to waist height in a practice swing, stopping it just before hitting the tree she was using for support and then simply dropping the sword.

"Your no damsel in distress or empty headed molly from the local villages without a shred of combat sense...but what you are, is a stubborn little fencer who mustn't have much of a clue when it comes to surviving outside your castle walls, now your going to sit down and rest or I`m going to strap you to my sword and cart you to the nearest village where someone else can get your ear-ache"

Was a right pain in the arse when people just didn't take the help you offered, I mean really, what did it cost them, a bit of pride?...pfft prides something to stand up for in battle, not in a regular situation. He watched her for a few moments, very cute but thick skulled...shaking his head the highlander simply plopped down by his sword, fumbling within his pack, bringing out many objects including one very large and heavily occupied fang necklace until at last he found what he was looking for..a filthy rag, this one with a strange scent and after dipping it in the stream began the process of cleaning the soil off his blade.

Cielalune
01-27-07, 02:13 AM
“I would’ve healed myself already if I could concentrate properly.” She grumbled to herself as she dragged her eyes away from the wolf man, focusing on a mushroom shaped rock near the tall trees of the woods. He continued to lecture her about herself but all she could hear was gibberish poppycock.

Doesn’t he ever stop talking? Did he just call me cute?! What am I, four? I demand that he should treat me like an adult cause hell, that’s what I am!

She puffed a short breath, showing that she was annoyed and not entertained. Cielalune watched Corvus lifted up her rapier, removing the fish and placing it away from her nose. She thought it was over; the wolf man touching her prized possession. She hoped he would put it down now after removing the vandalism he threw on it but he didn’t seem to have let go of it still. It made her blood boil but all she could do was watch him play with it like it was one of those little wooden swords children made for pretend swordfights.

Her pupils shrank as she saw him jump on his slammer sword and placed her poor Oublié on top of one of the branches she was resting him. In her silent rage, she dug her fingers deeply into the ground, uprooting some of the tree’s roots.

I’ll kill him. I’ll kill him. I’LL KILL HIM.

Her body burned, the rush of her blood heated her. Her anger steamed out of her head. Sadly, Corvus didn’t seem to notice all of this as he swung his sword around for her. She grinded her teeth, unable to stop the urge of homicide from taking over her instincts, she tried to move her legs again with a newfound goal: to destroy Corvus.

Her mouth gave a twitch as she bore her eyes into his damned soul. She could feel it now, cool feeling of his blood in her hands as if she slain him. The last thing anyone would want to do is stop her from doing what she does. Stopping her from doing what she wants. He had hit the last of her patience, placing her sword where he knew she couldn’t reach. As he sat down to clean his weapon, it was the moment she knew she could pounce on him and end his blasted life for ruining hers.

“ARRGH!”

She lifted herself up quickly, the adrenaline running in her veins and pushed herself towards the wolf man and started hitting him with her small fists. Not stopping to look at where she was hitting. Her rage was a far more stronger element than her fever, making her pain numb.

Cielalune could very much kill.

Corvus MacCallum
01-27-07, 05:18 AM
Such a temper to fight back against a fever...if it ever cooled down she'd probably be suprised or even further cocky that she was now standing..spoilt brat of a knight. He had seen all that hate in his eyes, though not particulary righteous hate, it wasn't that this wolf had hurt her honour, oh no, it was the fact he had touched her stuff, that he had stopped her going on her merry way and what made it worse surely was that he was in the right. She wasn't weak and feeble but what she was beating on just didn't respond to those many fierce impacts, the Highlander slowly letting go of the rag and his sword before standing up, facing her and looking down upon the small form beating on him.

Every little fist that hit him attacked some toned muscle, some scarred line of flesh, some training inflicted bruise or gash...he might have looked it at first but on closer inspection without the hate filled eyes she might have noticed he wasn't entirely a hundred percent but was more than capable of taking this assault. Wondering how long it would take this girl to finish up with her attack or at the least have her anger burn out, all that frustration built up over her travels to just run out. From that stubborn little head of firey hair probably take an hour or two...well at the least she might work up an appetite...or pass out again.

Still this was rather dull...standing here with those small fists whacking against his chest,shoulders when she could reach..his arms and waist...she wants him injured,fine then. Ignoring her blows on his raising arm the Highlander brought his claws up to his chest and then slipped them in, using his very best poker face to hide any pain before dragging it across the skin, giving a very large quartet of gashes right down his chest. It took only a few moments for those impacts to sound wet as her fists were spackled by his blood.

"You wanted to see me hurt and injured..fine,enjoy it"

Cielalune
01-27-07, 09:31 PM
Cielalune had been endlessly beating him even as he stood up. She was blinded by rage, unable to analyze that he never really did anything to hurt her other than her pride. Her eyes were closed, focusing on only bringing Corvus down on the ground. Only the sound of her fists against his body rang in her ears.

"I hate you. I hate you!" She yelled out loud in a shrill voice.

It was one of her weaknesses, that her anger comes before reasoning, but she knew this. Though, she was still incapable of curing herself.

She opened her eyes, she felt something wet covering her hands. He was bleeding. He had hurt himself for her; Something that Cielalune didn't intend for him to do. Ciel stopped moving, staring at the red color of blood in her hands, which were now shaking. She gasped for air, her heart continued to race with all the adrenaline still flowing inside her. Even though she was used to seeing blood after fighting in the war, she found it hard to cope to accept blood that someone inflicted on themselves.

She stood up, tears started rolling down her face completely. Her silver eyes were raised to meet with his, "Why?!"

She wanted to say "Are you stupid?!?!" and slap him but she knew it wasn't the right moment to make such a crude comment. Alas, her true feelings could not be controlled.

"You idiot!" She shouted and hit him really hard in the face. "What're you thinking?! I didn't tell you to hurt yourself! You think I'll be impressed by your pathetic little self-sacrifice for me?! Hah! You stupid--stupid--just give it back. G-give me my rapier back. I want it now!"

Ciel gave a loud sob, she wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. She was crying in front of him and that made her cry even more. It had been a long time since she had actually cried and it hurt her head.

Stop it Ciel. She told herself, You're being pathetic. Calm down. The fever made you crazy and now you need to stop.

Ciela gave another sob but managed to stop the tears from her eyes. She gave another wipe with her hand and walked closer to the wounded wolf man and closed her eyes one last time. She placed her hand on his chest gently as to not do even more damage. He was warm, it made her comfortable despite her current state with him. Focusing her energy to her hand, she quietly whispered, "Dans mon nom, Cielalune D'Rafale. Dieu, le guérissent avec mon âme."

Suddenly, a green glow enveloped her palm. It was warm and it tickled a bit as it started spreading around the man's wound like a salve. Her legs wanted to rest but Ciel didn't give in to it after working so hard to stand up. She sighed and looked him again with strong determination, her brows crossed and her lips tight.

If you want to know me better, you have to understand how to respect my whole being and I, too, will respect you.

"...Give it back, please."

Corvus MacCallum
01-28-07, 03:11 AM
She was not the only one who was emotional but Corvus fought to keep his own hidden, just a stoic being standing before her...those little fists barely left a sting but those tears...those sliced right through him. He detested seeing any woman cry, even tears of joy tore at him somewhat...hands resting at his sides, blood glistening on one he didn`t take his eyes off her, though they certainly wanted to move, to wrap around her and just bring her against him...how long had she been travelling alone?..people need people its an old notion but true. But it was not right..no he shouldn`t try something like that just yet, his cheek stung from her blow but didn't let it sway his vision keeping it on her, when taming wild beasts eye contact was important, dealing with humans took much the same technique. She was a flawed being...but beautiful for that, bad temper, self-righteous...but there was a caring individual underneath that, someone who didn`t care for anyone to bleed near her...it had been a fair time since he was healed by magic. Always gave you that warm fuzzy feeling, like you`d swallowed a rat without skinning it...or knocking it out and right now the thing was doing backflips so it landed on your stomach and brushed against your lungs..

I wonder if humans feel the same when magic flows through them...well my uncle once said 'if you solve a womans problem it causes endlessly more for you' so bleeding on the first meeting hardly seems that much a cost...I hope you know understand just how much passing out effected you lass...merely hold your rapier don`t try to leave,you won`t get far

That request for her weapon did cause a slight bother...her hand still rested on his chest even after the healing, likely she either thought it would persuade him more, or she had grown accustomed to that heart beating against her palm. Still he looked at her, hands really fighting to stroke along those cheeks and dry them off he gave a slow nod, easing himself back from her before leaping to the trunk of the tree, claws ripping into the bark and with one quick movement snatched up the rapier and sailed back to the ground. As he walked back to the small radiant critter he had also snatched up a rag, holding back on giving the rapier for one simple reason..her hands were still quite a mess and her offered the rag as something to get it off with.

"Will you at least stay until you feel stronger?...you can see now that your not yourself entirely lass"

His voice had grown a bit odd, he didn't want to sound properly human for some strange niggling in the back of his head, that tail slowly shifting from side to side, hanging almost limp, his voice a mixture of soft human tones and the rumbling growl of a friendly mongrel.

Cielalune
01-29-07, 09:06 AM
“Alright, so be it! Fine! I give in!” She said as she reached for the damp cloth and slowly rubbed her hands around the cool piece of cloth. The small scrap turned red with Corvus’ blood. It made her think again about what he had done for her. He had truly cared but Cielalune knew that no one could ever replace the love for her captain that resides in her heart.

Even a glance at another man would mean betrayal; the slightest touch would almost consider her a slut. She quivered at the thought of Sir Marlois hurt because of her. Ciel cannot let herself be convinced of doing such foolish acts with another man.

No. She must not give in to such dirty thoughts of leaving her captain, despite knowing that he would never return her love. She shook her head and wiped her hands faster.

Ciel’s head continued to look down, preventing any chance that he could see her face. She stuck out her right arm for him to have the rag back and used her left hand to take hold of her prized possession.

“I shall stay. But you are not to come near me, no matter how helpless and pathetic I might turn into, which I highly doubt. The next morning I shall leave. You won’t know when but I WILL leave. I will not say goodbye, farewell or take care. I will not leave a note. I will not wake you up. You will NOT follow me. You will turn around or take another path. You will not attempt to talk to me if we ever cross paths again. Live your life away from mine. Is that clear? Do you agree to my conditions? Good!”

Cielalune never really waited for an answer for it wouldn’t stop her from doing what she said anyway. She gave a small smile to herself as she glanced down on her rapier. The feeling of her pride had completely returned to her. The expression didn’t last long though, her brows resumed their knitted position and her face turned blank.

She drew Oublié, as if to attack, but ‘lo and behold! Ciel placed her beloved rapier on the ground dragging to it to form a line between her and Corvus. Until now, she has refrained from eye contact, hoping he would understand to do the same.

“I don’t need your food. I’ll hunt my own. I don't need your blasted campfire either. I’ll make my own since the whole place is made of blasted wood. In other words, I don’t need you and you don’t need me. Don’t talk to me, don’t DARE look at me. We just happened to have camped on the same ground that’s all. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ll go over there to MY side and hunt for food before the sun goes down. This is the part where you DON’T say anything.”

Turning around, she dragged her tired body into the screaming dark chasm of evil creepy trees.

Well, that went well. She gloated.

“I still hate you by the waaaay...”

I've never been so retarded in writing.

Corvus MacCallum
01-29-07, 09:38 AM
Corvus looked down at the line drawn in the soil,waiting for her to walk away a tad before simply running his foot over the barrier, he wasn't rejecting the idea..the woman wanted her privacy however rude and stubbornly she was envoking that..but he just hated lines,borders and barriers.They meant sweet bugger all to him at any rate and he`d be damned to sleep near a line drawn in anger.She had some body on her..but what a mind,what kind of thick-skulled ideals were knights taught these days,she really needed to remove the banner pole of her nobility from her ass.

Now...what to do...hmm

Stepping away from the now hidden line the highlander finished up de-scaling the fish, nice and smooth meat...after a bit of thought he decided to gut it as well, wasn't in the mood for a digestive tract today. In an unusual move he hefted up his Slammer and held it just above the fire, before slapping the sliced fish onto the flat of the blade, it was never a good idea to waste opportunity for improvement, holding that blade low and straight was quite a test on the arms endurance and he decided to heighten it further by removing a hand to leave just his left..the strongest keeping it aloft. With all that weight stretching in front of his hand it was no suprise the blade trembled and wavered but he just gritted his teeth and held on.

He had been swinging this sword a hundred times a day every day, he held it and carried it as often as he could however awkward the position, he was going to master swinging this sword and put that talent to the aid of others.A low growl rose in his throat as the time passed,listening to the fish sizzle as the iron heated up,thankfully this sword was solid, it wouldn`t be damaged by some paltry blaze like this camp-fire..it had been thrust into a dragons gullet,a source of fire most Blacksmiths crave and not melted. But now that the fish was cooking came a new challenge for his aching arm..to flip it,his knuckles whitened as the grip tightened to practically squeeze the life out of the Slammer,before with a bark to try and hide his pain pulled the sword up sharply and made sure to stop its ascent so the fish came off at a slight spin,before quickly flipping the blade round as well. It wasn't a perfect action...but soon it would be.

Despite just how close she was Cor kept his mind on Ciel..almost as if she was some far gone distant memory, that red-hair, looked like the finest silk and was sure to be like it to the touch, that short skirt...he had a thing for those,not to mention those eyes..though dulled he could tell something fierce was burning behind them, something that needed to be freed from its shackles of duty. He was so focussed on the girl and her..well in truth her problems with expressing herself that his arm seemed to hurt less,his sense of awareness of where he was washed away and just left him with only Ciel and the weapon clutched in his grip.

Odd sensation..very odd indeed but not unpleasant, still one powerful instinct brought him back to reality, hunger. Shaking his head to clear his sight he eyed up the fish, rather well cooked he must say...looked it at least but still he hadn`t held the sword long enough yet and instead continued his vigil over the fire,using his other hand to pluck at the fish and snack on the white meat...damn good when you got it as fresh as this and there were still plenty in the stream.

Cielalune
01-30-07, 10:13 AM
The nerve of him! Hah!

Cielalune crouched against a rather large bush just behind an oak tree, watching her trap made up of a hole in the ground and a pile of leaves on top of it. Placed on the pile was a piece of bread she had left in her pocket that had been there for quite a while.

K-shash!

“Here comes dinner.” She smirked as she quietly whispered to herself, smacking her lips.

K-shash!

Out, from the brambles on the other side, came a small boar. It was black and hairy, with tiny tusks jutting from the sides of its lower lip. The teeth within the large mouth were sharp and dangerous. Despite, being a piglet, it was a little wider than Ciel had expected. It snorted and sniffed, its mouth drooling from the smell of the somewhat stale bread.

The wind gave a soft howl as it swooped behind her, blowing her hair towards her face. Not only that, the breeze seemed to have slightly lifted up her skirt, exposing her underclothes beneath.

“Wah!” She gave a high-pitch squeak as she quickly tried to bring the skirt down to its regular position. Her face turned red at the feeling that someone might’ve seen her but what chances are there that there would be anyone in that part of the forest other than her. She knew that the wolf man was probably devouring his fish over by the camp but it still made her paranoid that a stranger would have witnessed that embarrassing moment.

“Oiiink!” The boar snorted in surprise as the hiding predator had revealed itself in front of it. It moved it’s little hooves back from it’s previous location, turned around and made a run for it.

“No! BLAST IT!” She cursed the wind for distracting her from her duties. Grumbling, she positioned herself again in stealth mode and waited for another meal to work its way through the forest to have the morsel that lain on the hidden trap.

K-shash!

Yes! Another one already! She grinned as she figured she was getting better at surviving the wild.

K-SHASH! K-SHASH!

The sounds were a little louder than Cielalune had expected for tiffin. A breathy grunt spewed out of the thick bushes opposite Ciel’s. It made her worry if she was able to handle it in her condition.

Thunk! Thunk! Thunk! Thunk!

A gargantuan boar, much like the piglet except bigger, uglier and angrier, had charged out of the bushes. Shocked, Cielalune stood up with haste and ran back rapidly to camp, with the enraged beast right behind her. She was afraid that she could not handle the fight with this creature, equipped with only a rapier and a fever. Surely, she could stab it in the eye, but feared that it might just make the brute even more angry. Its thick hide would probably be impenetrable from something at thin as Oublié. But she tried, using the little energy she had stored, thrusting her rapier at the boar. It managed to dodge and ran towards Ciel even faster now.

Blast it! She cursed as she started pacing again to base.

Shaking towards the camp, she had no choice to ask for his help, despite the fact that she had recently told him and herself that they were not to notice each other’s existence.

“C-Corvus!”

Sorry my posts look like its rushing. I have to calm down now. Though my hollow head can't seem to relax. And I apologize for any signs of cheesiness. P: I lack originality. I copyright the style of writing sfx to I forgot his name-- It starts with a 'D'.

Corvus MacCallum
01-30-07, 10:42 AM
Corvus had indeed been nibbling on his fish while still carting that huge sword in one hand,he had heard all the air between his fingers pop as they constricted in a desperate struggle to keep grip of the Slammer. The fish was pretty much just scraps stinking up his blade...could do with a bit of pork right now..or deer,mmm tender meat..with a low growl he hefted up the Slammer, wincing as his arm cramped up badly and rested the flat of the blade on his shoulder. Ear twitching as he heard Ciel attempting to hunt,muscles tensing as the shriek came, he had only just heard it yet found himself a good six paces from the fire..wait wait,that wasn`t one of pain,just suprise..maybe a rabbit bounced past her or some large bug landed on her leg...okay she may a fighter but something flitting out of nowhere can still scare the bejeezus out of hardened warriors.

Waiting there still tensed and awaiting any further sounds the Highlander let out a long breath..finally realising that the Slammer sword was still hot and was sizzling his fur..quickly swinging that aside he dragged it back along with him to the fire.There was something coming...boar...big..what direction..

...shit..

He was already running for Ciels side of the camp before the wolf-man heard his name yelled out,he hadn`t even bothered lifting his Slammer from the ground,dragging it behind him,chunks of earth being sliced right through from the sheer weight. Thankfully her scent was easy to find and of course that red-hair was very visible,charging towards her location he could already see the massive boar rushing after her,barking loudly the thing quailed slightly and then leaping into the air he sailed past Ciel and with one swift blow embedded his sword down the things spine and then coming out somewhere near the chest,splitting its head in two.

...my arm...hurts...like...FARK....argh..

Disturbing realisation crept up despite the rescue,that he was currently unable to let go of his sword,his entire left arm cramping up something fierce..next time just cook with both hands.

Cielalune
01-31-07, 10:41 AM
The beast gave one last long squeal and died at the mercy of Corvus. Ciel had simply stood there and watched the horror ensue. A rain of blood splattered against her skin as the man sliced the wild pig’s head in two with his sword. She was still out of breath after recovering from the sudden play of events; it felt odd to live a life of danger.

There was never really a moment where you could actually rest. Unlike training, real battles could not be controlled by someone saying, “Stop! That’s enough for today!”

The red headed girl snapped from her trance-like state.

“Oi! You slew my dinner! How much of a jerk can you get?! I called you to get out of my way, not to save me. I told you the conditions you should follow! “

Of course, everything she said was just an excuse to stop herself from looking like the weakling she is. Much to her dismay though, it always ends up as look like she just making an excuse anyway. Realizing, she too, had broken one of her rules; she gave up on the whole isolation idea. Although, the ideas of leaving without saying will just have to stay put. The lass promised that and that promise she will keep. She couldn't help but think that she was a little harsh on the poor wolf man and decided to give little bit of the real Cielalune experience.

She ran towards Corvus, using both her hands to hold his left arm. Cielalune noticed that he seemed severely fatigued, his left arm looked sore after that menacing blow with the heavy slammer sword.

“You…You should rest.”

No choice. Give in. Be kind. Use him.

Ciel smiled softly at him, hoping it might calm his nerves a little. Her cheeks glowed a bit; the shine in her eyes glowed brightly. She was truly grateful for what Corvus had done for her. In truth, she had wanted to smile for the longest time. Unable to do so because she thought it might make her look vulnerable and dependent.

“T-t—“ She blushed, her cheeks turning red, “T-thank…y..ou.”

She held him a little tighter, resting her head against the side of his left shoulder. She felt strange, having such a sudden change of heart in the shortest time. Perhaps, the feeling was so bottled up that it immediately spread after it was released. Maybe, it had been the intention of fate all along to have brought her to this man.

She remembered the saying an old merchant said to her. After buying a pork bun from him, she asked him a series of questions she could not remember; but there was that one she knew she would never forget for it might be useful in the future to realize its true meaning.

“Hitsuzen, my child, it speaks of how everything is meant for a reason. We are likely destined to meet one way or another, you and I. Remember this, no matter what you do, do not go the opposite of hitsuzen or else bad things will befall you. Otherwise, it will lead you to your early death.”

Young Cielalune blinked, nibbling on the bun with her eyes just as huge as the snack. She felt happy knowing that her life was very much intertwined with her beloved. But what would happen if hitsuzen tells her that she could not be together with her captain? The little girl turned around to ask the old man another question but found out that he was already gone. She stared at the horizon, hearing the jangle of the cart’s bell somewhere off the distant road.

Huh. Crazy old man! What kind of person would tell a young child that she could die any moment?! I wonder what happened to the bloke anyway. I hope he’s somewhere safe, I suppose.

Coming back from her somewhat out-of-body experience, Cielalune stood up, letting go of Corvus for him to be more comfortable in resting. She folded up her sleeves a little higher, as it started to slink below her elbows. The girl picked up the newly decomposing carcass of the dead boar and dragged it towards Corvus’ campfire. Dropping it, she swung her left hand to reach for Oublie. She drew her rapier and began skinning the brute, which was difficult since this sort of weapon was not meant for cooking but for poking holes in enemies.

“Go rest. I’ll cook the blasted porker. Seems like that fish of yours is not sufficient for your dog-like needs, which I assume needs fat ass pigs. With this, we’ll be even right? So shut it, suck it in and let me do my thing. As for that wee few minutes ago of me softening up to you, you can cherish that if you want. As long as you don’t rub it in, I’m fine with the idea of us hanging out in this bloody place.”

Despite her words, the very same smile was still there.

Corvus MacCallum
01-31-07, 08:42 PM
Corvus had also taken quite a large chunk of the Boars blood in the ensuing slash,didn`t taste nice...this one had bad icky blood...urgh.But any thoughts on just how rank this things blood was, was completely forgotten as he felt that small body hold his arm,the horrible pain thudding through every tendon being dulled by that soft heart-beat pulsing against it. She got her intended effect on contact, his body indeed relaxing as best it could,a long..low growl rising from his chest,the vibrations mingling with her own heart-beat,the Highlanders eyes closing in well...tough to put it but truthfully sheer releif,that hair just felt so good against his form...she...felt so good against him,deciding to be like a Dragoon and jump to a conclusion in that she being there,felt right.

...Thank you too lass..

Forcing his eyes open despite the instinct to just keep them closed and savour every last moment of contact with her,he just had to see that tint in her cheeks..she was truly thankful,but also truly beautiful..his growl rising slightly but even to the untrained ear,there was nothing threatening about it. Even the powerful heart of the Highlander slowing down, something that was very rare,almost unheard of in fact when the scent of blood was in the air. Again he looked at her, those gorgeous eyes...unique to his sight,there was something burning there,he was right.

...I need you...

Simple thoughts with big implications but he had the sense not to say it, she was showing her thanks, not devoting herself to him and it was too soon to make such a decleration of emotion.He had never felt so releived...so in need...and yet so powerful all at once, but that smile did it...hard to beleive this girl had drawn her blade on him and attempted to threaten him to restore her pride. But then she got up...that heated form left him but he had the sense that it would soon return..not confidence just..something said it would.

As she dragged that carcass away Cor returned his attentions to the pain shooting through his left arm, reaching to the frozen hand with his other, trying to just pull the fingers apart...a tear careening from the side of his eye as he felt every tendon in his arm oppose anykind of movement,particulary this forceful kind. He had to fight back the whine wanting to eke out of him, he was a wolf, he was a Highlander..he would not be stopped by a simple injury...

...ow....owwww.........EERGH....ARGH!

The sheer force he had to apply nearly had him slash up his fingers from those claws,but finally...his left hand came free,the Slammer landing against the ground fully now, his hand still frozen in its position but little by little he was able to force a twitch...why couldn`t it go numb as well..that would make it a tad more bearable. But yet through this he heard the return of Ciels sharp words, but for all the venom that would be inherent in those words,her tone was lighter and glimsping back he could see that smile still firmly on her lips. Picking himself up slowly the Highlander grasped his blade and plodded his way over to the fire..wondering if..yes why not.

"Hey uh Ciel,theres a fang on that rope by your shin,the long one from a Razor Drake,try using that on the Boar,much more suited to such a crude task than that fine blade"

Please let her accept the good advice easily,please oh please oh please...

Cielalune
02-02-07, 11:15 AM
Cielalune peered down to where the highlander had pointed out, picking up a rather sharp tooth. She could already feel it cut her skin as she held in her hand, the remains of the drake’s last breath still lingered in this fang. It sought to destroy who destroyed it, to seek revenge from beyond the grave. The anger just shivered into Ciel’s veins, pumping the word “kill” into her mind. The redhead shrugged and used the canine to cut through the tough leathery skin of the huge game. Why on earth would she listen to a tooth, with cavities to boot?

The lass carved carefully and meticulously, attempting to only remove the skin and not the meat. The red color of raw meat glistened under the sun. Ciel wiped her face with her sleeve, sweat was pouring down again and not to mention her face was almost dripping with the boar’s blood. She never knew how hard it was to prepare the food. The girl was very much used to having the ingredients lain out for her to cook.

Other than sword training, Cielalune was taught other things within the castle grounds. She had befriended the maids that served in the palace when she was first brought in by knight, Marlois. Not only that, she had been good friends with princess, Soleannica, whom Marlois was deeply in love with. Despite the princess and knight’s relationship, the three’s friendship was a strong bond. Lady Soleannica was more like a mother to her than a friend, teaching her to play the piano, to write poetry and to sing. She learned various methods of art from the princess, hoping one day she could be better than Soleannica and win Marlois’ heart.

Of course, the king disapproved of the three’s friendship, his own daughter should never stoop so low to be friends with commoners. Especially, of those that serve under the king’s order. Despite the king’s demand, they continued to meet anyway in the dead of night.

In the morning, Ciel, as a knight-in-training, was taught to parry, defend and counter with her fellow squires; at night, she was taught to cook, clean and sew with her companion maids. The perfect woman, she had always thought.

For 8 years, Cielalune aspired to be the ideal wife for her captain, as his love grew even stronger for the princess. Strangely, she felt like they were growing father and father apart from her. The more they loved each other, the more distant they made Cielalune feel. She was afraid that she would no longer be wanted, to no longer belong. Ciel felt so alone in the last days she spent before the war. Her heart was like an anchor in the ocean; whereas the water’s so vast and deep, it was still unable to lift the weight of the ballast.

Recalling such joyful and painful memories, Ciel had the urge to sing; to let out her feelings into the world. It had been a long time since she felt such rekindled emotions of happiness after grieving at the incident in the battle.

"But is it right to feel this way?" She wondered, “Can I really be happy without you, Sir Marlois? You need me right now as I need you…I can feel it but I can’t help it; I can’t help but be relieved, to know that I am not alone even without you."

How lost I was without you;
Of mem’ries I dare speak;
How hurt I was without you;
The wounds, they made me weak;

Even if the wind blows in the wrong direction,
Will it take me there?
Will the future lead me,
To where my love is spared?

Like flowers who grow in winter,
Will life be ever warm?
Like no mother pulls a splinter,
Will I be safe from harm?

I ask thee to guide me,
With your hand on mine;
Pointing out the answers,
Only solved through time

And as this lullaby nears end,
Will you hear my cry?
Of how much I have missed you,
Before my tears would dry

Her voice echoed throughout the serene forest like a whisper in your ear.

Corvus MacCallum
02-02-07, 12:20 PM
As the soft tones of the lullaby floated from the small form of the ex-knight,Corvus' plodding steps..became softer, his feet lifting properly from the earth not wanting to disturb a single note or cause a hint of distortion by his own shuffling. The Highlanders overly fluffed tail sweeping through the air with that faint grace the wolf was capable of, yet rarely used, closer now he drew to her, that massive blade being softly scraped along the ground until it halted and rested there, for now he needn`t cart such a thing.

Lowering himself down steadily the Highlander couldn't really help bringing himself to her, not really drawn by the song..but by the emotions and tone, his hand coming to touch the ground while his left pressed against his stomach still racked with pain but it honestly hurt less near her.

His forest green eyes ran over her form...well part of her form, he couldn't take himself off those eyes and those lips, working like feathers being blown in a summer breeze, to sweep across your face as you step forth on a long path, trying to catch at the twirling..precious thing if only for that moment to repeat at a future date. To disturb this moment would be like swiping your paw over a masterpeice scrawled in sand..you may one day reform the faintest hints but truly it was lost.

There wasn't a Highlander who hadn't heard the saying music tames the savage beast in fact it had become something of the towns culture...depending on just how much highlander blood flowed through them the females were either afflicted with submissive natures or dominant streaks that would get them in trouble...not to mention cause issues when the heat cycle hit for a select few,really it all depended on the blood...but womens were equals in the culture they had and they were allowed to court not just be courted.

This sometimes became apparent during the autumn months...it was an unusual twist perhaps but most pairings and matings were made then since the Highlanders take pride in the strongest a winter spent with child was meant to toughen up the child and with them being inside the mother helped the survival odds without sacrificing the effectiveness.

But during those courting months fiddles, flutes and simple singing could often pour through the streets of the village like some harmonious flood...it was a warming scene to step through, those beautiful pairings of furry forms revelling in the beauty of sound, it wasn't just singing though..that tradition of serenades being the normal way to claim a mate developed from the original howling of the Highlanders.

Unlike regular wolves and other forms howls were never a form of declaring ones location or intimidating rivals, their howls were quiet and always given to the mate, these days it was construed as just saying you loved that person but it wasn't really that simple...a word can be changed or forced to go against ones own emotion, but when that rumble rises deep in your heart it can't be lied about..a Highlander ear can tell a lot about honesty.

Closing his eyes to focus more on his hearing Corvus was shuffling closer instinctively, he could practically feel her heart-beat near him,so very close he just wanted to reach out and pull her to him...but no...not yet, just not yet. It had been odd really, despite his high acheivements Corvus was never sought out by the local lasses in Danube...he always found that a little odd, not in an egotistical sense, he didn't want some girl to worship the ground he walked on...but he did want someone and everyone else seemed to have one.

As he grew up in the village he knew that soon he'd have to choose his path...a Highlander is sometimes known to dedicate their entire life to one venture and do so by swearing an oath to the elder and then mingling each others blood in a single cut hand-shake. It wasn't required but it was a decision that would seperate him from his own families legacy, he had no idea why but Corvus did that oath, the one of the Hunter, to become the greatest slayer of savage beasts..thats mostly why he kept all those fangs.

Why am I thinking about that oath...theres nothing in it that would prevent me from being with her, in fact its important to have support, moral or otherwise when dealing with such powerful beasts...maybe it was the idea that, one day, there will be something I can't defeat...some beast too powerful for me to bring down and then...I won't see that smile again...thats it,I haven't even got the girl yet and I want to be with her as long as I can...guess I`ll just have to get stronger and make sure that dosen't happen

Cielalune
02-05-07, 01:48 AM
Cielalune paused after her song and inhaled, taking in the warm air. Her body shook with overwhelming feelings; it felt nice to sing, especially when that song was meant for someone dear.

The girl lowered her head and stared at her unfinished skinning. She better finish cooking soon, otherwise the both of them will have to starve through the night if the meat attracts carnivores in the forest. The smell of gore was obviously strong but wavering as time passes, the earth absorbing it. But one cannot doubt an animal’s sense of smell; surely, they have smelt it and are slowly heading to where Ciel was.

She glanced to her side; Corvus had been watching her sing. Cielalune blushed and looked back at the slab of meat.

“Concentrate on cooking. It is dirty to look at other men! Especially of those you have just met! You don’t even know what that beast is thinking. He could be thinking of doing bad things to you.” Cielalune thought to herself, sometimes she could go for hours in her soliloquy. “You should keep your distance anyway. Trust no one but yourself. It was stupid of you to break your own promise anyway. Why did you do that? You should’ve kept your mouth shut and killed this boar by yourself. How dare you show you’re weak to other people? You should kill the man so no other could hear of how pathetic you’ve been this morning.”

Cielalune was often considered to have two personalities but in reality, she just created her other self in order for her to have control of her own emotions. As Marlois had taught her: ‘In battle, it is you who you fight, the enemy is merely a pawn to distract you from your true foe. What victory is there if it is not you who have slayed the attacker but your emotions?’

The redhead placed the razor down, admiring her finished work. She lifted the heavy piece up and observed its clean appearance. With one heave, she threw it into the fire, it was impossible to perfectly smoke the meat without leaving any raw spots deep inside. The sounds of crackling food made Ciel smack her lips, imagining the smooth taste of pork. Although, she would have preferred it was sautéed in the oriental flavors of sweet and sour sauce. She missed her life at the castle, though it was difficult, for other than serving as a knight, she was also serving as a maid in the palace. A servant’s servant as she was called; everybody looked for her to help them, be it aristocrat or peasant.

“Was my singing okay? I was horrible, wasn’t I?” She thought but terminated the idea of asking that out loud to him. Shaking her head, she asked another question that seemed somewhat of a better thing to ask.

“W-Why don’t you tell me about yourself? This hunk might take a while to taste like real food. Or would you prefer to eat the leftover raw meat?” She gave a nudge, using the tooth, to the pile of skin and other parts that would be considered inedible for a human being. She gave an impish smirk at him, as if to show she was still as tough as ever.

The sun began to sink, she apparently missed lunch and her stomach growled loudly. Thankfully, her fever seemed to have disappeared into thin air. Perhaps, it was just the heat that caused her strange behavior around this man.

Oh god, am I talking a little too much about Ciel? I should stop now eh. Sorry about that.

Corvus MacCallum
02-05-07, 11:36 AM
Cors growls slowly subsided as did her singing, it was a perfect...well no, fairly good assortment of notes, tones and above all emotion, perfection was a bad thing to look for, flaws were what kept the interest. His shuffling towards her also stopped, mainly on the fact she might've been paying attention now and, he just didn't want to risk anything yet...normally he'd go it all or nothing but something in him just demanded he pace this out. Plus the smell of slowly smoking meat was highly enticing...damn his appetite but that trout wasn't all that large anyway. His ear visibly twitched on hearing her speak to him, all this time he had just been watching her, the fire, the fang and then...well back to her, felt so very odd, he had dealt with...maybe prettier girls, wasn't entirely sure of that now but after big monster hunts the group he belonged to used to book up an inn and party all night...then slink away in the morning before the repairs could be tallied.

"Me?...hmm...well what to tell first hmmm..."

His arm had finally untensed itself enough to stop hurting and also to be moved without extreme exertion, lowering it and its twin down to the ground before like any common dog his leg lifted up and those claws scratched at his neck, the Highlanders eyes closing and tail wagging steadily as he did this, wether he had an itch or it just helped him think...even he wasn't sure. Slowly his leg lowered back down, the overfluffed tail sweeping against Ciel a few times, only the faintest of brushes though and from the way he was deep in thought it wasn't intentional by any means.

"Well lets see...I didn't have any formal knightly training or such, but in my home village the people usually decide upon a path for themselves, majority stick to the village for hunting, craftsmanship all that...but my family were different...the direct lineage anyway...it's not really known even in the village but my family line are the only ones with a proper, birth-rite of a surname...back before the Highlanders and humans mingled they didn't even bother with names for themselves, but my bloodline was the first to begin this cross-breeding and we were nearly always becoming warriors or else alphas of the group"

Shuffling for a moment to get more comfortable Cor let his eyes fall upon the fire, recalling a few of those early monster hunts, as he spoke he didn't take his eyes from it.

"I didn't really want to live up to that, that wasn't my desire...but I did want to go out there and see what kind of difference I could make, when I was just a pup there was a traveller that came to our village, from head to toe he was adorned in the hides and pelts of beasts he had killed... his sword was crafted from a gigantic dragon tooth but yet, he didn't have the scent of death on him...we don't have any form of transcendant sense of smell or anything but this man smelt of honour, he had killed those beasts not for money or fame, but to help others that weren't able to defend themselves..."

Taking a short breath the Highlander reached to the fire, his hand being clawed at harshly by the rising flames, poking lightly at the meat to test it before slowly withdrawing the limb, blowing out the smouldering fur upon his fingers.

"I wanted to do that, right there and then, I had killed before for food but this was to kill to help others... its kinda fanciful I know but I enjoyed making people smile...often played pranks in the village and it felt far better than just making myself chuckle...so when I grew a bit larger..."

He had skipped hopefully quite artfully over the hide covered stranger, there were deeper things instilled in that particular story but it just wasn't for easy conversation, maybe if she stayed alongside him he could tell her the rest and he could find out just why she wandered alone.

"...as a parting gift I got a basic long-sword from my dad, wasn't anything as useful as this but then I was still young and it was plenty big heh, we Highlanders are a lot more durable than other races for the most part so we built our weapons big in order to gain an edge over opponents....I travelled for some time I can't recall what region I was in but I eventually hooked up with a hunting party...they did, kill for fame and money but I was far too inexperianced and weak to just soldier out on my own helping people, I gleaned everything I could from those people. Eventually I took up the slammer style of sword, we were usually the first into combat which gave me time to experiance those creatures, thankfully I never once came across a benevelont beast, all those times were against true wrathful monsters otherwise I probably still wouldn't be doing this...or at least I would have learned far less from the group as I leave them"

Was quite a mouthful and no mistaking...should he skip over Sok?...he didn't like to recall the death of his friend, that blazen dragons strength was immense and so many comrades were roasted alive until they weren't even cinders.

"I hooked up with a much more noble group and larger after a few years...by then I had gotten this rather appealing and powerful Blackened steel slammer, not as heavy as my old one but it seemed to do okay...the leader of the group was a man called Maddison, he used that slammer there"

The wolf-man gestured with his head to the blood stained weapon laying near the fire, a long sigh going through him.

"He was a regular human but able to swing better than me...it was around that time I knew I had to push my limits...but that group ended in a single hunt, we had kept moving from town to town taking down progressively larger monsters until we heard of a Blazen Dragon terrorising a rather large town and the many neighbouring villages...some had their populations reduced to a handful of people and they were burned horribly...there were maybe...fifty of us from just our group but other mercenaries had been gathered up from other regions and as we were the most experianced Maddison took charge. We took to the mountains and attempted to attack the beast while it slept... Maddison and I were in the lead with the other slammers and...we never found out how close the others were, in one blast Maddison pushed me to the ground and we watched the flames sweep over us to nearly destroy the entire group..."

Cors eyes travelled to that iron slammer, it was the setting sun that did it but...sometimes he beleived he could still see that dragons blood flowing down the blade, that line were he peirced its chest.

"By the time the smoke cleared the Blazen had exited its cave and stomped out...the thing was gigantic, its eyes were larger than my chest...we pulled ourselves to our feet, merely a handful of us left, we charged towards the beast blades raised, Maddison managed to ram that sword into it..but not deep enough, the next I saw of him he was a powder of red as the monster reared up and placed its foot on him, I tried to follow after his example despite the injury simply knowing this thing had to die but it took one swipe at me and my blade shattered...not just broke but shattered and I was left on the rocks with most of my sword jutting out from my skin, it left me for dead and started to walk past me....forcing myself to my feet I chased after it, slipping beneath the things body and then catching hold of Maddisons sword, digging in my feet to the ground and pushing that blade higher up,twisting...pushing...everything I could do...I broke my own arms in breaking through that creatures rib cage"

Corvus looked to the meat,picking up the razor fang and making use of it to roll the meat over to help even out the flames effects.

"...Can you sing that again Ciel?...I..."

I know its not for me...is that what you really want her to hear?

"It..."

You want to pretend your the one she sings that for?

"...I really loved hearing it, it was more peaceful than the watery warbles of the forest birds on just awakening and more healing than steeping your wounds in a hot spring..."

Cielalune
02-06-07, 10:36 AM
Watch the tail!

Cielalune’s eye twitched as she could feel his soft tail fur brushing against her. It tickled her and she wasn’t in the mood to be.

The red head had been nodding as she listened to his story. It was quite a lot but she listened intently with determination. Know the enemy to beat the enemy, Sir Marlois used to say!

"So he’s a highlander? So he was raised in the cold; does that mean extreme heat can cause him displeasure? What else did he say that sounded useful? Blast it! He talks too fast too many. I can’t remember all of them. I should’ve taken down some of them somewhere."

She shifted her feet a bit, to stop them from getting pins and needles. Ciel watched him stare at the open barbecue, wondering if he was hungry already or something.

Cielalune blinked at Corvus as she heard his request. It was pretty flattering for her to hear that someone wanted an encore, even if she simply made that song up as she went. She cocked her head a little bit to side, wondering what he really wanted to say. Her cheeks were as pink as fresh peaches at harvest time. How many times did this man make her blush today? It was strange, how she felt about him.

“M-maybe I could make one about something else I-I guess. I mean, I kind of made that up as I went an’ all. I was never really good at memorizing the king’s blasted taste in songs. As long as you don’t laugh then I’ll sing for you.” She gave a small cough, as if to clear her throat when it needn’t be. “If you give even the slightest show of a chuckle, giggle, guffaw, titter or a snicker, I‘ll kill you and never talk to you again. I won’t even sing a song for your funeral, which if you know, will be caused by me. “

Ciel closed her eyes and thought as hard as she can. Her songs came from her heart, as she listened to the breath of life. The music didn’t speak about her feelings, the music was her feelings. It was like her very soul was woven into a fine thread of notes and lyrics.

Who is he to know me?
Of one who knows me not;
But why is warmth upon us,
Right on this very spot

Like fire in the cold,
He keeps my heart ablaze;
To know that he is here,
With his loving gaze

His presence with me, how strange it is;
This feeling I now hold,
Of one that says he loves me
But hopes are likely cold

And in the end, please understand,
How hard to let love go,
And simply find a new one,
And consider him my beau.

Ciel cleared her throat the second time, surprised at what she sang. It wasn’t as poetic as the first one but she tried her very best. It sounded wrong, she thought, it wasn’t really what she felt. Somehow, she was unable to change it. Her heart started beating loudly in her chest, her mind wondering what happened. She felt like it was another person telling her to sing it, perhaps it was her rumored other self. She watched the fire crackle as the sound of her heartbeat continued to pound even louder.

That was me but…those weren’t my words, were they? I mean, I don’t even feel anything for him in the first place or nor does he about me either. Just, what WAS that? Blast it, I’m going delusional!!

She panicked, standing up again, clasping her mouth in shock. Cielalune looked at Corvus, hoping he was not angry or sad at what she had sung to him. She felt ashamed that he had to hear that, undoubtedly she already had some queer attraction to the wolf man she did not even allow herself to confirm that. Grabbing her coat, she headed out behind a large tree she used to lie down on before. Ciel rested her back again the sturdy trunk, trying to hide from him again.

It was like a cat and mouse chase, what she was doing. Over and over she would hide and reveal herself to Corvus like the indecisive person she is. She was utterly and completely confused about what she feels. The call of her love for Marlois ached in her heart but she could not help but to wish to move on as well.

She wanted to move on.

But she couldn't.

Corvus MacCallum
02-06-07, 06:07 PM
Those cheeks were utterly adorable really, the Highlander admiring her blushing form as she pondered up a song to sing out...was a bit greedy to ask for an encore but thankfully she seemed pleased that someone would ask a second one from her. His muscles starting to heal up from those horrible cramps as he listened...but he hadn't paid his arm a jot of attention when such a song was being put forth, every word catching in his ears, the sight of her delivering that song with utter honest and openneess...was it more than he could hope for?...the answer....well since she had reacted so badly, then yes, it was more than he could hope for.

"Ciel wait..."

His words became almost beastial growls, that mixed were his own feelings and general peace of mind, it just takes relaxation for a Highlander to roll from growls and barks back to common and then mixing them up...it often made for bad reactions in Inns and drinking establishments for those who can't decipher the tone of the sound. Seeing her plop herself behind the tree Corvus glanced back to the fire...perhaps a bit of bribery to regain her words?...nah its just the right thing to go. Hefting the pork from the fire, now good and smoked he used the razor to slice right through it, his nose and expert eye working over the texture and surface, perfection.

He didn't really have much to cart it to her on, though a glance came to his copper buckler, it looked like a sectioned glove but on the outer edge was a small round disk of a shield, scooping that up he plopped the meat on and carried it to the retreating red-head. Often he'd be silent in the woods, just from a natural hunting stand-point is was always good that the animals could only get patchy scents mixed up with smoke, for all they know its a natural flame, but for approaching Ciel he was noisy and clear. Lowering down to his haunches the Highlander scuffed his way around the tree trunk, getting closer to Ciel once again, but before drawing up to the same side he simply stretched out his arm with the pork on its copper platter and the now cleaned razor fang resting beside it, torn cloth from his shirt sleeve wrapped around it as a handle.

"That was a really beautiful song lass..."

Deciding not to chance his luck the Highlander set the defensive platter on the ground near her,shuffling back a tad so he was likely completely out of her sight, mulling over just what to do at this moment.

"I had no urge to laugh, snicker, or chuckle...but I did feel the urge to smile lass...and I want to be able to say how much I enjoyed that song...and the words flowing from those emotions, to those eyes...to those lips and to the woman that made all that sound true"

He wasn't a poet, he was no singer...he was a thick-skulled warrior with a big sword, or a scruffy mutt that was damn good at hunting, but he did try, counts for something right?

Cielalune
02-11-07, 09:08 AM
“What’re you doing here, Ciel?” a voiced murmured quietly. Soft orange-blonde hair drooped against the stranger’s bosom; soft peach skin glowed in the light of a dimly lit lamp on a beautifully carved desk. She was a sight to be seen with her sea foam green eyes and a smile as pure as an angel. Her soft gaze rested upon the poor red headed girl who sat on the floor in shock at what she saw.

“Ciel! I told you to stay in the captain’s quarters!” a familiar voice to her came. Cielalune turned her head to the speaker, who was none other than her beloved Marlois. His forehead was covered in sweat and his tone shaking with fear.

“It’s alright Marlois, surely, she would never tell my father about this.” The female purred, reaching out to touch the blue-haired knight’s hand with hers.

The red-haired Ciela was too shocked to speak, her heart aching. She had just witnessed something very wrong, something she refused to believe she had seen.

“But Lady Soleannica, it’s not because of that! It’s um… well, I would have rather done it privately so to say.” The knight blushed and held Soleannica’s hand tightly as if to never let go.

“But it was just a silly kiss!” The princess giggled and patted Marlois’ cheek lightly with her free hand. “Don’t worry Ciela, you’re bound to find someone to love you as much like the captain here!”

Cielalune felt like crying, her whole body shaking from the affair. She could no longer muster standing up as so much as to reply to any of their saying. All Ciel was able to do was repeat the episode over and over like an endless loop. How she wished that it could have been her that Marlois loved instead!

“Cielalune? What did you see us do? It was just a kiss okay?” asked Marlois, drawing nearer to the shivering girl. His face showed concern at her state, hoping it wasn’t his fault that she had been tranced into silence. He placed his hands on her shoulders and let his crimson eyes pour into her.

“What’s wrong with her, Marlois?” Soleannica, too, was worried about her. She had never seen Ciela sit so still for so long like the porcelain dolls that lain upon her shelves. She stood up and went towards where the other two were, she was wearing her pink silk night gown that reached up to her ankles. The knight was wearing a sleeveless black shirt and brown leather pants which seemed to have been put back on with haste.

“WHAT DID YOU SEE US DO?!”

Cielalune glared at the slab of meat placed near her feet. She quickly picked it up and took a huge bite out of it. It was delicious, she felt like she was back at home, though it needed a few touches of salt, pepper and other seasonings. In a matter of minutes, the huge chunk of pork was gone from the round shield. Cielalune had always been a quick eater, chewing never went beyond a few seconds.

“Thank you.” She muttered quietly, still refusing to move from her spot. Her fingers dug deep against the trunk of the poor tree, the need to scream was waiting to explode inside of her. She was a mess. Her confusion took over and the pain simply welled up within her. Her breaths were slow and taken in large portions so she could contain her emotions.

“If you don’t like this body give it back. Please let me free!” A voice echoed in her head.

“...Free?” Cielalune replied, in bewilderment.

It stopped speaking to her. Somehow Ciel felt it would come back again sometime but she hoped it wouldn’t.

A gust of wind passed by, casting the dead leaves away with it. Her silver eyes looked around her surroundings, grasping its splendor. She yearned to be somewhere else, to be with Marlois. He was not at fault at the incident, he was simply enticed by the princess’ beauty, Ciel tried to reason to herself. She turned around and peered at her companion who was well away from her view.

“Here is this stranger suddenly making me remember all those memories.” she thought, “What does he want from me?”

Cielalune wanted badly for him to leave her. She wanted to believe that he was the cause of her pain. She wanted to tell herself that he was making her so lost. Her brows crossed once again in thought. Her legs began to move towards Corvus, revealing herself from her hiding place.

Her eyes glittered and her lips gave of a soft pink radiance as she wrapped her arms around the wolf man. Oublié shifted against her hips when she rose. She lifted her feet slowly to reach his height and then pressed her lips against his.

“Make me…forget.”

And the whole space had never been so quiet.

Corvus MacCallum
02-11-07, 12:09 PM
The Highlander held that embrace for what could have only been a few heart-beats, but not reluctantly, instead it seemed he had something of his own to say that she had cut off by those silken lips brushing against his. It was a rather odd sight, despite all this joy flowing up through him that tail was stagnant, as if he was devoting all his mentality and instincts to the holding of this fire-cracker, or perhaps more of a whirlwind with how her emotions raged and clashed. Slowly he leaned down, gently easing into another kiss before letting his hand run across the back of her thighs and then with barely a strain or sign hoisted her up off her feet. For now he could be the one that strained, now at the proper eye-level he let out a low, deep growl...the vibrations shaking through her small form as he held her to him, his clawed left hand moving up lightly to let those finger-tips trace along her cheek.

"I'll give you something to remember as well"

Those words were pretty much indistinguishable from the mixture of growling and common...but the gist was in the emotion and he leaned in once again, catching her lips with relative ease and just holding her to him...the hand caressing along her cheek slowly lowering down and placing itself on her back. His hold seemed strong...enough to stop any strong wind blowing her from him, but if she resisted those arms would fall with ease. It was difficult to focus his thoughts into words, instead just preferring to stay on instinct in keeping her close to him, never moving past a simple kiss and a cuddle...she was vulnerable...she'd regret it and he would see the last of that red-hair tear through the woods when she came to her senses...still, it felt right for now so thats something to think about.

There were no proper past loves in his life...one or two fleeting attractions and evenings spent against a soft, heated body but never to the extremes of passion...he had brought down a dragon single-handed but not spent a proper night in bed with a woman. Odd thought to crop up but then its reason soon became clear as his thoughts drifted to perhaps this small red-head would be the one he could get involved in the horizontal mambo with. Still...not today, nor tonight...she wanted something close surely and right now he was happy to give it.

Be mine Ciel...

Cielalune
02-18-07, 01:57 AM
“I saw nothing.” The girl replied to the blue-haired knight. Her eyes blank but filled with tears as she mumbled out her words to him. Her lips quivered in despair, in pain, and it refuses to rest in ease.

A sigh breathed out of Marlois as he released Ciel from his grasp and came to the princess to rest his cheek against her. In discretion, he seemed to have whispered something into Solea’s ears and in turn, she murmured back with eyes full of concern.

“Ciela…” Soleannica said, finally breaking the long silence that roamed about in the room.

“Yes, milady? What is it?” Cielalune kindly asked, as she lifted herself up, acting as cool and normal as possible.

“Please don’t tell the king…” The princess looked down on the lush scarlet carpet with tassels colored in gold. The voice was notably sincere and nervous; the blonde was well aware that this red head can easily end her happy relationship with her lover.

“Tell the king what, Lady Soleannica?” The young lass gave an innocent smile at the couple. Cielalune turned around and faced the door, reaching for its gold coated knob. She touched the handle; it was cool to feel on her fingers, and slowly turned it.

“Ciel! I-“said Marlois, in an outburst. He went towards the knight girl and stroked her hair from behind with his hands. “I’m sorry…”

“Why are you sorry, Sir Marlois? You’ve done nothing wrong.” Ciel said but refused to turn her head back to him.

“But still, I shouldn’t have yelled at you…I apologize. “ And with that, the knight gave a great bow to the lass.

Quietly, Ciel let go of the doorknob and placed her arms against the sides of Marlois’ face, lifting it up. Their eyes met for the longest time. The princess just watched without a sound and awareness as to what was happening. Swiftly and without a word, Ciel’s lips touched Marl’s. Not the kind that goes deeper but surely it was considered as a kiss.

Marlois blushed and stood up, his eyes still placed on the red-head. The princess gasped and covered her mouth with her hand, stepping back. Cielalune gave an impish smile, her silver eyes blaring in the soft light. As if to mock Soleannica, she gave a fit of giggles like the princess.

“It was just a silly kiss!”

Cielalune’s body was brimming with heat, vibrating with his every touch, like an electrocution. She tightened her arms around him, afraid to let go, fearing such feelings would leave her. Feelings of safety, companionship, love…pleasure. And yet, along with these emotions, there is fear, solitude, despair and regret. Hand in hand they go, like a whirlpool of endless sensations spinning inside her.

Her cheeks were burning and soon she felt a strange feeling below but hoped it would go away. She knew what she was doing was wrong and thought ashamed as she realized she was slowly slipping into such a monstrous act. She pressed her face against his chest as she was still lifted by his strength, she didn’t want to look at him in fear she might want something even more. Surely, he would probably have someone waiting for him as well, she thought. Man cannot live alone after all.

Yet, something in her mind told her it was okay, that it was time to let go of the past and move on.

Move on. You can't hold on forever.

You know that this man could very well love you. You must go to him.

Isn’t that all you wanted, Ciel? Don't you want to belong?

Isn’t that what you needed? Isn't that that what you always dreamed of?

How long have you waited? How long have you suffered?

Please, save yourself before you die.

Her mind begged and pleaded, her heart beat to every plea and her body yearned to be filled. Cielalune had become a song. It was a song that calls to be heard and to be sung.

Her hands loosened on the hold, trusting Corvus that he would continue to have her in his arms. Resting against him, she could feel his growls, it felt nice.

Perhaps, it was too soon, too quick. But in order to move on, she feared she must.

“Please will you...”

P: Now I know his name, Argente, I think. I copyright the style thing to him, since that's where I saw it.

Corvus MacCallum
02-18-07, 02:42 AM
The Highlanders growls only deepened, his grip upon her becoming just slightly firmer... he now never wanted to let go of this rough diamond... such a startling beauty and yet able to peirce a mans heart with one whip of that pride. Lifting her higher at those words he nuzzled in close to that soft, blemish free skin, feeling the heat burn through them, the blood pumping through... in this close embrace he could hear the small angels heart, so very fast. Slowly he eased her lips in for another kiss, a solitary hand running those claws through the immaculate hair crowning her head, those lips were parted and the embrace made all the more intimate... his hands wandered down along her form.

"I will... I will Ciel"

Peice by peice every barrier they had built up socially and physically was removed... they witnessed each other fully, perhaps the first time another had beheld them in such a way. By the camp-fire they began something... a connection between the two that, in an ideal world would last forever, shadows of passion dancing across the shimmering blade edge of the well worn-in Slammer sword. Her fingers drifting through the Highlanders soft fur, for all his wildness and rough visage... she could be comfortable and reassured just smoothing it through with her hands. Cors toned form above her, those muscles which had only been used for travel and combat were now being put to a different use, yet one that felt far more natural... doing everything he could not to hurt the delicate creature he was sharing this with.

Her form flinched at first from the entirely new sensation of those claws but soon her body moved with his, both heart-beats pulsing against the others chest, lips barely leaving each other if only for heated gasps... words whispered between them that were either spurred by lust, or felt truly. She whimpered and it stopped for a moment, those eyes flashing to each other, blood flowing through those cheeks before with a gasp of affection they regained and furthered their love for each other.

Their forms entwined so deeply they became what one had been in ages past, beasts... raw, in need of another and knowing this was the one they should be with, nagging doubts being drowned out through the sounds echoeing through the woods. Many things changed in that night as the hours passed, how long they were embraced was utterly unknown, all that mattered was the sensations that still flowed through them... but everything became softer, the rough, scraps of grass mixed with pebbles and clumps of soil felt like the finest silken caress against the Highlanders side and back. Every bird that chirped could have been pictured with honey drooling from their beaks it was so smooth and pleasing...

But nothing... nothing felt more soft, more comforting than that small form held in his arms, they laid there... the middle of nowhere, a slowly crumbling fire, without any care of the outside world for now, resting against each other... perhaps even whole for now. The fragments of their past lives strewn around the small camp-site... sniffing lightly all that came to him were the thick scents of passion and that natural scent of the being he held to him. What came forth from his throat was a growl, but there was no need for words, she knew what he said, three simple words that would make anything happen...

I love you...

All, ahem... bunnying, approved

Cielalune
02-18-07, 06:44 AM

It had already been sunrise when Cielalune woke up from her slumber. Birds chirped as if welcoming the new day. The sky was tinged pink-orange while the sun rose to greet the creatures from their peaceful rest. It was a lovely day to just stroll around and absorb the natural wonders that Mother Nature gave to the living.

She gave a yawn, stretching her arms and slightly slapping her cheeks with her hands to really wake her up. Although, she was still a little drowsy, she tried to stand upright to get ready to for the day’s agenda. She smacked her lips, seems like last night’s dinner was still lingering in her taste buds. Speaking of last night, she gave a blush as she turned to her side, seeing the wolfman doze off.

Ciel shook her head and finally stood up; regaining the strength she had wished for the day before. No more illnesses, confusions and giant pigs! She thought. Though, while she lingered about that evening, Cielalune didn’t even notice that she forget to wear her clothes! Grabbing the nearest piece of cloth, which was her trench coat that she used as a pillow to rest her head on from last night, she wrapped it around her body as she crept towards the rest of her clothes. They were lain next to the dead campfire, dirty but neatly folded. She reminded herself that she needed to leave before the man wakes. As she went near the apparel, she suddenly felt dirty and sticky as well.

“You should make yourself clean.” She told herself, “Sir Marlois doesn’t like dirty girls.”

With that, she nodded and turned towards the stream instead for a nice cool bath. The red head reached out into one of the coat’s large pockets inside and grabbed what seemed like a small bar of lilac colored soap. It smelled of lavender and peppermint. It was given to her by an elderly innkeeper when she previously stayed in the old lady’s tavern a few days before.

Like in a trance, she removed her only clothes and slowly immersed herself into the water. Feeling the fresh water touching her naked skin, soon, she was under the river’s currents. She controlled her movements so she wouldn’t go with the flowing stream. Within a few minutes, she came out of the river, taking some air before she rested her arms against the riverside and placing her head against her crossed arms.

Clearly, he was never lost from her thoughts. It had always been him and no one else that would remain in her spirit. Still, Ciel felt sorry that she had to do that to the poor highlander. She had gone far and wide in search of him; she felt that it was necessary for her satisfaction to finish the journey she had started. When she told herself to move on, Ciela was obviously stating it as a literal phrase of moving on. Start walking cause there’s nothing to stay here for, in other words.

Cielalune stifled, trying to stop herself from thinking about the sinful things she had done earlier. She was afraid that Marlois would never forgive her, even if it was for his cause. The only reason Cielalune thought of sleeping with the wolf man was so he could leave her alone, so she could focus on her goals. It was a wrongful act, what she did, but she found no other way to have left Corvus without hurting his feelings. If he doesn’t know I did it for the wrong reason, she thought, then he wouldn’t be sad.

The girl began washing herself with the soap and water, trying to scrub as hard as she can so it would feel like she was cleansing herself of her filthy crimes. She knew it wouldn’t work but yearned for the small bit of hope that it would help her release some of her guilt. She hated herself so much to have used someone for such petty reasons, anyone would hate her for that, but she felt like she had no other choice.

She glanced at the still sleeping Corvus, his back towards her. A pang of shame went into her mind, how heartless she was to have fooled him into thinking that they could have something. She felt it, his love, but she simply shunned it away like it was nothing.

“A cruel hearted girl like me doesn’t deserve love like that. How lucky a woman will be if she ever chances to have come across this man.” She mumbled to herself as she lifted herself up with her arms and began drying herself with her shirt. Squeezing the water out of her long red hair, she began to sing softly again to herself. It was a song with no words but when heard, it was like a story. Her voice shook somehow, unable to let go of the shock, the betrayal.

A knight is always honest and trustworthy, her captain would say to her when she was training.

It was like, everyday, that she would break one of the oaths of being a full-fledged knight. Then again, she had long been released from knighthood since the fall of her kingdom, so in truth, she broke no rules other than her own promises. Though, thinking about that didn’t make her feel any better. She had still done a bad deed and she will have to suffer the punishment for the rest of her quest, constantly following her until she gives in into the darkness.

Cielalune tapped her boots, trying to adjust her feet inside to the shape. She touched her rapier that now hung on her right side, stroking the cool metal texture of it. Oublié, it meant the forgotten, which means those she slew are not to be remembered. To be ignored like a shadow, to be unseen like a ghost, Ciel craved to exist.

Her brows regained their feature, the image of determination. Like any other day, once again, she becomes Cielalune. And like any other day, once again, she was off to search for the truth. She crept over to the sleeping wolfman and bent her knees to look at his face. Her silver eyes watched the peaceful look on his face as he slept. Lowering her head, she gave him a kiss on the cheek. As she had vowed before: she will not wake him up, she will not leave a note, and she will not say goodbye. Lifting up some of the flaming hair that tickled her nose, she leaned again, this time muttering something as she did.

“Please, will you forget me?”

And with that, she stood up and quickly began pacing out of the forest. She feared he might wake up soon and it would be hard for her to say anything to him for the moment. It wasn’t the right time for her to accept anything but her desires to be with her captain once again.

The sky was now a clear blue and the sun shone brilliantly on the crisp leaves of the trees. Farther and farther she went away from the camp and the longer she walked, the less she felt guilty.

“Wait for me, Sir Marlois. I will come soon! My heart may be cold but it still cries to be yours!”

It was a sad fate for her to embrace but what other fate can she have when there is only one?

Sorry wow, I made a novel. >.<; Kinda always thought conclusions have to be the longest post. P: Well, my philosophy anyway. Forgive me for wordiness and redundan..cy? Yeah.

Corvus MacCallum
02-18-07, 01:31 PM
"I can't... "

By mid-day the Highlander was scrubbed and redressed... he had been awake through Ciels tirade of thought, he had heard what she said to him and watched as she tried to clean herself of what happened... he had watched her leave and then struck that direction from his journey, for now. His race are many things, one particular feature of them is a powerful heart, capable of feed the muscles without strain when other men would fall from fatigue... but even the strongest shield can be dented, even the toughest blade blunted... although in those cases there was only a loss of pride, not such pain.

Kneeling by the smouldering embers the Wolf-man rested the handle of his sword against his right shoulder, the arm holding it in place as the left scraped against the edge, in his claws was held a whetstone... this blade could be renewed with relative ease. But his own would take time, he just had to keep his mind off it for now, pursue the strength he needed... help those who required it... find her before those dreams come crashing down upon her. Had she just used him as a momentary source of satisfaction to ease her weary mind and heart, were the words exchanged the night before truthful from her?... his own mind was too caught up in the pain of her leaving and the thoughts of where to go now, to properly work it out.

She had gone back on that search for Marlois, whatever this man was he had not loved Ciel the way she needed it, that at least was obvious last night... there was still a mingling of scents hanging in the air, but it was losing its softness, even so early and with barely a breeze those scents were seperating... had this been a waste then...

Onwards MacCallum... all I can do right now

He'd limped away from burning dens of dragons, clawed at the flowing mud of a monster infested swamp and been left for dead as his opponent gave up its last breath in many locations... but only this time, did he feel broken, damaged... like a flip of a coin he got the heads and tails in one swift choice. This thought wouldn't leave him, finally rummaging within a pouch to bring forth a single scratched up gold coin... Danube didn't use money but one artisan had given this to Corvus as a gift, rolling it between his fingers.

... Penny for your thoughts?

There was the urge to howl, to bark and to yell... but it just hadn't been enough time, instead he sat there by an ending fire, right arm holding that giant sword to himself... and rolling that coin between the fingers of his left hand. Upon the head was a howling wolf, on the opposite, a crescent moon.

"I won't forget... nor give up"

By the time he found the energy to rise, the sun had fallen again. Standing there bathed in scant reds and yellows he brought that sword into its holding straps, slipping that buckler on securely, same with the gauntlet... fighting hard with the straps to his fur. The sword was just as heavy, his armour was just as heavy... it was inside him that this burden was swelling and it took far more from him than hefting that blade with a single hand.

"Laugh hard grand-dad... laugh all you want, I'm not letting this one disappear like you let Sasha... I'm not leaving my life to what-ifs and possibilities, I'll make those a reality"

Quietly, but it grew in size he began to chuckle, why was he thinking of his Grand-fathers fling with a human girl, okay it might be similar in the basic concepts... but he detested that story, all because his grand-father gave up. Then again if he had continued Corvus would not be here, would his grand-father be his happy chuckling self before the illness set in?... that was it, his mind trying to seek the easy option.

I bring down beasts of monstrous size and strength, this is a challenge I will not let fall by the way-side

And here it ends for now

Atzar
02-27-07, 09:28 PM
It was like I was reading two different quests. To be blunt, it seemed dull and boring at first. Nothing was happening, and it was a lot of words to digest with little importance spread throughout them. Later in the quest, however, I was dragged in. The emotional part of the two characters involved was superb, and I felt myself captured by it. Now: points!

STORY

Continuity: 5 – I don’t really know what to say here. I got a feel for your character’s pasts… yet at the same time, I didn’t. I knew absolutely none of either character’s recent history. I didn’t know why Corvus was there, and I didn’t know why Cielalune was there. You did a good job leaving me with the feeling that there would be more, however.

Setting: 6 – Solid. I knew where you were, I knew what was around you. The general scene was well done, but your details were confusing at times. Just remember to be clear. Reread what you write, make sure it says what you want it to say, and more importantly… make sure it says what you want me to think it says. :p

Pacing: 6 – Good pace. Some posts got longer than I thought was necessary, but this was well-done otherwise. Nothing else really needs to be said.

CHARACTER

Dialogue: 6 – The dialogue was forced and stiff at first, but steadily got better and better as the quest progressed. Overall… good job.

Action: 8 – Great. The back-and-forth game that Cielalune played on Corvus was riveting. I loved it.

Persona: 9 – Amazing. Cielalune, in particular, really shone in this category. The only thing that’s keeping you guys from a 10 here is I thought the flips were a tad too sudden at times. I’m not saying that you should make them easier to predict, but try to separate the different moods into separate paragraphs.

WRITING STYLE

Mechanics: 4 – Eep! Corvus, I’ll be honest: your writing is full of character and personality, but it looks downright scary. Sentences, sentences, sentences! Your paragraphs seem to consist entirely of long thoughts. Punctuation be damned, everything’s going into one sentence, two at most! Read over your own stuff, break the run-ons up, cut down on the ellipses a bit and remember to put a space after your commas. It’ll make your writing a lot easier to digest.

Cielalune, your writing was clean for the most part. There were occasional typos, and I caught you switching from past to present in two places that I can remember. Again… reread. Even better, make your partner read it. His or her view would be much more objective, and would therefore be better at finding the errors.

Technique: 8 – Well done with the flashbacks – the interludes about Ciel’s relationship with Marlois and Soleannica added a lot of character to this quest. I also loved your willingness to use code – italics, different sizes, fonts, and the like – in your work. No complaints!

Clarity: 4 – Connect this to mechanics. Corvus’s writing was hard to decipher at times, and I had to reread almost all of your paragraphs.

Wild Card: 8 – I liked this quest. Take an extra point or two here. Sentence structure and a slow beginning notwithstanding, this was a well-done piece of work that you two should be proud of.

Final Score: 64

No real spoils, so I’m tacking on a little extra exp for both of you.

Corvus MacCallum receives 900 exp.
Cielalune receives 900 exp.

Cyrus the virus
02-28-07, 02:31 AM
EXP added! Good job, my home slices!