PDA

View Full Version : Log in problem...maybe

The Runt
01-23-07, 03:34 PM
I tried to log in this morning. I entered my name and password and it went to the "THank you for logging in" page as if I had executed a succesful log in. However, instead of returning to the index with me logged in, it returned and the Username/Password windows were still up there and I was not logged in. I tried several times with the same result.

I am not on my home computer now, so it seems like it is most likely a problem with my comp. Any thoughts on why this might be happening??

Serilliant
01-23-07, 03:47 PM
It likely has to do with your cache or the way your browser is processing the forum's cookies. Try clearing out your temporary internet files and try again.

The Runt
01-23-07, 04:11 PM
Hmmm, I did nothing and it seems to be working now.

Weird.

The Runt
01-23-07, 04:12 PM
and it hasn't died on me. Thanks for the advice Ser, I'll file it away for later when it inevitably will screw up again.

Dissinger
01-23-07, 05:14 PM
If you don't click remember me sometimes it does that, just act normally and the normal information will show up. However if you time out the login it will basically unlog you after x amount of inactivity time.

Cyrus the virus
01-23-07, 10:24 PM
It always does that for me. I just click 'New Posts' and resume as I normally would. As soon as I change the page I'm logged in.

AdventWings
01-23-07, 11:57 PM
Sometimes it also has to do with whether or not the cookie is locked. A while ago the computers in my University's comp lab had the cookies disabled, so all I could do was browse Althanas but can't post a single thing.

Talk about torture, Myao~! >.<;