PDA

View Full Version : Lornius Corporate Challenge (LCC) Rules and Regulations

Max Dirks
04-10-06, 12:26 AM
Lornius Corporate Challenge

The Lornius Corporate Challenge (LCC) is a two-on-two tournament that puts teams of players against other teams in combat against each other. The LLC is a crowd favorite that has turned many of the characters in Althanas into legends.

I. Registration

Registration for the LCC is simple; merely have ONE member of the team post a reply to the registration thread that includes the names of both participants and a team name. The registration is limited to 24 teams or 48 total players. If you do not have a team but still wish to participate, merely post your interest and you will randomly placed with another individual to complete a team. Multiple characters by a single player are acceptable in this tournament; however, they are not recommended.

II. Rules Only registered teams and players will be allowed to participate in this tournament. If your character has not been approved you will not be allowed to join the tournament at all. The battles will run exactly like a Citadel battles where each fighter will be completed healed between battles. Between each Round there will be a 5 day period of rest for updates to be posted around Althanas. The first person to post will set the setting for the battle. Remember that Lornius is a closed off island far north of Corone. It is very remote, desolate and intolerable. All battles must use a portion of the island as their setting. A map has been posted here to detail the area. The standard rules of battle of Althanas also apply for the duration of this tournament. That means no power gaming will be tolerated. OOC should be kept to a minimum, if it is anything more than a clarification it should be kept in a PM. There are NO disqualifications due to absence. If it is certain that a fellow team member will not return for a short time or falls during the battle, the other player can remain to battle. There are no EXP penalties for non-participation, however wildcard points will be deducted for non-approved extended absenses. Each Round will last exactly two weeks, and must be over 10 posts of actual RP to receive EXP for the battle. At 12:00 AM after the round is over, the threads will be closed and the fights will be judged over a short resting period.III. Judgments

Like the Citadel, each player will be given an individual score for their own records where EXP will be derived from. The team score will be an average of the two individual scores. The team with the higher score will advance to the next round. All judgments are FINAL.

IV. Rewards

The winning team will receive 5000 EXP that will be divided in half between the two members as well as a custom title in place of their EXP bars. The winning team will also become the honorary writers for Lornius. Lornius will be located in a special sub-forum of the Other Regions forum. The writers will have free digression over the course of RP that the area will take. They will not, however, be given any moderating powers. The second place team will receive 2500 EXP that will be split between the two members. The third place team will receive 1250 EXP that will be split between the two members.

Max Dirks
04-10-06, 12:31 AM
In addition, the LCC will be a player's choice tournament. This means that the players will get to choose their favorites to win the tournament. Based on those results, the teams will be seeded accordingly. More information about player's choice will be revealed after registration is completed.

Thoracis
04-10-06, 09:51 AM
I assume there will be some bye rounds at some point, given the odd number of teams?

Max Dirks
04-10-06, 10:21 AM
You assume correctly.

Logan
04-10-06, 03:42 PM
And I assume Dirks chooses at random who ends up where in terms of brackets to byes?

Dissinger
04-10-06, 04:49 PM
Thats the PC so you wont know till you get there bud ;)

Zieg dil' Tulfried
04-10-06, 04:56 PM
I think what Cyrus means is where the byes are located at and who gets them.

Max Dirks
04-10-06, 06:24 PM
That will be annouced once I set up the bracket on bracketmaker.com

Breaker
04-10-06, 09:07 PM
Would it be possible to get some brief descriptions of a few different areas? The map is good, but some written description would help alot with setting.

Max Dirks
04-10-06, 09:36 PM
The descriptions, my good friend, are up to you.

Shape them as you see fit. For example, the monolith clearing is a bunch of grass in the middle of a dense forest. Perhaps it could be holy, or perhaps there could have been an ancient fire. Remember, the winner does become Lornius writer.

INDK
04-12-06, 09:06 PM
What about stuff like the people of Lornius, and the culture? Are we free to take liberties there too? If I remember correctly, Lornius is a formal penal colony of Corone, or did I just make that up?

Sloth
04-18-06, 04:21 PM
Who's going to be judging this mess? It seems all the previous tournament judges are participating themselves and I don't have access to a current list of moderators to check. So, yeah. What's the deal with that?

LordLeopold
04-19-06, 07:44 PM
Most of the judges seem to be competing in the tournament, so that's a good question.

Cyrus the virus
04-19-06, 08:21 PM
I would assume that Dirks and any other tournament judges will judge threads that they aren't in, though I can see how that can be the cause of some concern. Perhaps Dirks will judge all of the threads except for his, which someone else'll take care of?

Hmm.

Yari Rafanas
04-19-06, 08:21 PM
I would assume that Dirks and any other tournament judges will judge threads that they aren't in, though I can see how that can be the cause of some concern. Perhaps Dirks will judge all of the threads except for his, which someone else'll take care of?

Hmm.

Wasn't there a Lornius of the past that was handled the same way?

Thoracis
04-19-06, 08:30 PM
This last Serenti was handled that way. I did a little judging for it despite the fact I was still in.

Are you questioning our integrity?

Cyrus the virus
04-19-06, 08:32 PM
Yes! I know how badly you want to win, you cheater.

Aww, I kid. I was just trying to say that if we did that, I could understand why some people would be uncomfortable with it. Thassall.

Thoracis
04-19-06, 08:38 PM
Yea, they will be uncomfortable now, after you bring it up.

Way to go.

Letho
04-19-06, 10:07 PM
Actually, I was rather uncomfortable with this for a while, but it's not like we have other options.

Max Dirks
04-19-06, 10:59 PM
The players have one definite protectionary measure and that is to take a disputed judgment to Santhalas for review. However, recently I have been asking for a second moderator's opinion on close battles anyway. Twice during Serenti I had to ask Ashiakin to judge battles again to make sure we came up with the same results. I assume more of this will happen in the LCC.

Cyrus the virus
04-19-06, 11:41 PM
Sounds fair enough to me.

Ed has no friends.

Dan and I will win the LCC.

Falcon Darkflight
04-20-06, 02:31 AM
We'll see, Cy. I hope I get an opportunity to get you in the first rounds.

Broken
04-20-06, 02:34 AM
Sounds fair enough to me.

Ed has no friends.

Dan and I will win the LCC.

We will crush you like little stones under bigger stones.

Cyrus the virus
04-20-06, 02:10 PM
Would you stick to one freaking account?

Max Dirks
04-20-06, 02:12 PM
There are two threads for gloating.

If you gloat here again, you will be warned.

Thoracis
04-20-06, 03:25 PM
I do to have freinds and that's not gloating!

But yea, the judgements shouldn't be a problem. With outside opinions from both Matt and Madison I think we'll be covered. Hell, I may want to win really bad, but even so I still want to see the best teams advance. If I had my way I'd be facing the top teams every round, just to brag about how hard my path to victory was.

Letho
04-30-06, 05:47 PM
A question. What about post order? Is the post order set once the first four participants post for the first time or is it left to the players to sort it out and post whenever they want to? I understand that sometimes the situation disctates the change of posting order, but I was just wondering are there any specific rules about it.

Nero
04-30-06, 08:14 PM
Also, I was curious about substitutions and ringer options? Is that a possibility?

Thoracis
04-30-06, 08:39 PM
No, there are no rules regarding post order. Obviouslly, it's better for the flow of the battle to have some kind of order, but there are always situations such as two people being able to go on since what they are doing doesn't effect the other two and vice versa, or if someone isn't posting then you have to move on.

As far as subs, no, now that the tournament has started there will be none. One was allowed earlier because of someone having to pull out shortly after the Player's Choice was done, but now the teams are set.