PDA

View Full Version : Heeeewwwoooo! Newbeast coming to an RPG new yoo!

Jemnisimi
01-26-07, 05:56 AM
Gee, whaddaya say on an introduction thread besides 'hi' anyway? Oh oh oh, I know. Some stuff about me.

Well first a speck o' history.

Seven years ago I'd never truely written anything in my life, and my teachers told me I was horrible at it. What boogers. I was new to the internet, and my first internet friend introduced me to a website called SlayersRPG.com (We loved the anime, The Slayers). I joined and apparently someone liked mah writing because within two weeks I was a mod, and a few months later, the owner signed the site over to me so I could keep it going. I've kept it running (and writing!!) all these years until a few months ago when I could no longer afford it and my main helper had a baby so couldn't keep helping me with it. Sad times indeed. I'm now a writing and roleplaying addict and haven't gotten my fix in far too long!

Ever since then I've been looking for a forum which would accomodate my need for fun, semi-freeform roleplaying which actually had excellent writers. I tried a couple but ended up very dissapointed and had almost given up. I almost disowned Google in angsty, gooey sorrow, but hark!

Lo', a couple of days ago I was searching for something completely unrelated and a thread from here popped up. I'd been here before but never took a good look. I now wish to stab myself in the face with a banana.

I'm quite thrilled so far. It'll be great to get to know you all!

Random details: I have an orange firey tabby, Ember. I'm engaged to a wonderful man which lives 400 miles away from me for now, and just so happens to be visiting overnight and is sleeping on my couch at the moment hehe. I'm 21 years old, and I enjoy making miniature polymer clay sculptures, watercolor painting, and digital artwork. I'm a fan of high contrast things in general. I avidly search for a better, more concise way to explain what I mean by that... I like neons on black, I like angelic evil, I like angry raging music that's pretty (Nightwish is a good example), and as with any inspired writer...

I like coffee! Especially cold coffee. Does that count as a contrasting thing? x.x BEAN JUICE! MMMMMM.

Peace lurve and may nasty things be nice to you. *cuddles her dark elf plushies*

*EDIT!* Plushies indeed. Crawp almost forgot. I collect stuffed animals! Have thousands. Want many more. Kbai!

*DOUBLE EDIT POWER!* Way to totally make a glaring typo in my intro post. Don't shoot.

Artifex Felicis
01-26-07, 05:59 AM
Woo, new member! I hope you enjoy Althanas, and you seem to have had an interesting charector. This place will begin to grow on you soon enough, and I actually consider nice people one of the best parts about althanas.

Also, what were you searching for anyway? I'm just curious.

Yamihara
01-26-07, 06:03 AM
Hi~! Welcome to your new role-playing fix!

If you're looking forward to those kinds of things in an RP site that is also a Creative Writing Workshop, look no further! Things may seem kind of slow in the beginning, but when your story starts to pick up, be careful or you'll be left behind!

And I must warn you - Althanas is the Internet Version of Crack. Not WoW, no matter how hard those people try to tell you otherwise. Besides, we were here longer. :p

Have fun~!

Jemnisimi
01-26-07, 06:10 AM
Dang golly-ho you people respond quickly. I posted a quest and I got a PM in 5 seconds tonight at 3am. Wild. Well anyway~

Artifex: I'm not sure there's a way to do this but it feels odd mentioning my obsession with high contrast things just like that in all my bios. I then have to explain what I mean. It could mean anything if not explained. Eh, that make sense?

Yami: EverQuest will now and forever be my true crackfoo. I just wish I could quit playing cold turkey and not get the shakes. Thankfully... I can do two cyber-drugs at the same time and not diez0rz! Weeheehee.

Thanks for the warm welcome. ^_~

I did have one question, though. Do you all have an official chat program you use? I saw the chat logs thread but have no idea where it all comes from. *whines*

Skie and Avery
01-26-07, 06:18 AM
Most people use AIM, in my experience. A few on MSN and others. Anywho. Welcome, I hope you like it here. The coffee thing, however, is nasty and has to go. Hot coffee is gross anyway, but cold? You, darling, are a truly sick individual.

I think you'll fit in well around here.

Yamihara
01-26-07, 06:33 AM
Cold coffee... Well~ Some coffee are best taken with ice. :p I know a few, but it's more of a Warm Country kind of drink (Like in the Tropics where I am).

And the IM Convos are all random - AIM, Messenger, YIM, you name it. If you find an Althanian, chances are you'll have a quick chat and some form of hilarity will ensue. XD

Jemnisimi
01-26-07, 06:43 AM
Mmm feel the HATE! Tastes like coffee. ;)

I use AIM but my main AIM account is for privacy and peaceful, blissful silence with a few close friends. Blah! I guess I need to make another one. Will keep you posted with whatever name I make. 0.o!

Cyrus the virus
01-26-07, 06:54 AM
Holy butt-balls! You're excited and stuff!

STAB HARDER WITH THE BANANA, because you didn't register earlier. What a jerk you are for doing such a thing. I'm almost offended (but mostly drunk). Aim for the eyes.

Can I sleep on your couch too?

Skie and Avery
01-26-07, 06:58 AM
Ha ha. Matt wants to sleep with your fiance....that's hot, and will probably get any more characters you make approved faster.

Jemnisimi
01-26-07, 07:11 AM
You mean for NOT doing such a thing. Sheesh, drunk people these days.

Sure, come right over. But remember! No b33r, no alcohol, no smoking, no this and no that in the house!

Some people think I'm just marrying him because he agrees to my stiff rules. *whistles* It helps! (I'm so evil and so very joking, but it's amusing anyways.)

Witchblade
01-26-07, 07:20 AM
*clears her throat*

Welcome to Althanas. Please keep your arms and legs inside the forum at all times or they may be removed by rabid, zombified characters. Do not feed the following people; Cyrus the Virus, Atzar Kellon, Dissinger, Slayer of the Rot, Lucien, grim137, Artifix Felicis and Santhalas for they may become dependant on you afterwards and are hard to get rid of. Any screams you may not be experiencing are the sounds of dying characters. Do not be alarmed for they shall be revived in new and inventive ways the following thread. Have a nice day.

*Offers you a plate of cookies, which is good! But some of them are poisonous, which is bad*

^^

Jemnisimi
01-26-07, 07:59 AM
Sounds like a bad 'Over the Hedge' sequel.

I like da cookie.

Raelyse
01-26-07, 08:26 AM
I like the way you're put together. Way to bring sexy back to Althanas, all the boys don't know how to act.

Yamihara
01-26-07, 08:50 AM
Ah~!!! Don't eat the cookies~!!! O_o

...Too late?

Jemnisimi
01-26-07, 09:20 AM
I have yet to finish my last batch of cookies. I think I'm phobic of them irl-like now. I'm waiting to hate pork steak from making it too much. *mourns* All yours~ <3 Don't worry, you're an anime-ish character. Thusly, you're immune to poison. That or some cornball of a knight will come to rescue you from death and succeed. Win/win situation. Have some cookies, get a manslave. Life is good, and I am a very sleepy individual.

I'm sure they're all quick learners, Sir Rael.

Reiko
01-26-07, 09:35 AM
hihi^^

you seem to be pretty hyper and that's cool. a lot of members are really lethargic, me for example^^ then again it's hard dragging nine tails everywhere.

I hope you have lots of fun and kick lots of ass while taking lots of names and chewing lots of bubblegum.

and congrats on being engaged, I hope it's wonderful.

also beware Witchblade and Hanmat. Witch may lock you in a closet with Nova and no one will know what hapened and Hanmat will turn you into a pluchtoy that'll squeeze you like the Lenny the the Yeti.

and Beware me for you may wake up with fox fur all over your stuff.

*Offers a bowl of Udon*

Jemnisimi
01-26-07, 09:46 AM
Me, hyper? I must quickly vanquish you of these thoughts. I might even get a reputation. Dreadful, really.

The road of engagement isn't glamorous unless you're rich. Frankly our financial and distance issues are making this a miserable engagement if I've ever heard of one, but the path to heaven isn't exactly lined with gold. In any case, I appreciate the well wishes. Here's to the best, cheers. ;)

I might be a bit nervous, if I knew this Nova fellow. Being turned into a plushie, however... I might like that. Actually, I'd love that. If I got a mirror afterward. And a lightbulb. I'm a greedy little snot, pay no mind.

What's this Lenny the Yeti though? Besides... a yeti? Err, nevermind.

Regardless, you can't scare me. I own a cat. A rabid, schitzo, jealous, monsterous, and constantly-shedding furball of dhoom. *pets*

INDK
01-26-07, 09:53 AM
Welcome to Althanas. Just out of curiosity, where did you get your character name? It seems really familiar to me like I've heard it before, but googling it didn't get me much luck.

Atzar
01-26-07, 09:55 AM
Out of curiosity, did you win a tournament on GUA a couple years ago? If you're who I think you are, then your name was Reftrasol there...

Either way, welcome to Althanas. It's addictive, and I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun here.

Jemnisimi
01-26-07, 11:05 AM
Yes indeedy, I be Reftrasol. Though I almost wish I could say I wasn't, oi. What a stressful time of my life that was, although I admit the tourney was the most fun roleplaying experience I've ever participated in. You have a good memory. Or, I know you. Or both. Who would I know you as?

Heh, funny how I got this name. Almost eight years ago I was signing up for internet and was asked to pick a screen name. I was completely dumbfounded as the only thing close I had to a nickname as a kid was 'Tiger Lilly', and the idea of going by that for eternity brought me to nausea. Much to the phone operator's annoyance, I ran as quickly as I could to my bible at the time, otherwise known as my prized Final Fantasy 7 walkthrough book which I still cherish to this day~

At the bottom of the Temple of the Ancients in the game, aka - the "Oops I Messed Up Pit", there's a vampyric enchanter named Jemsemini who dies to poison instantly. The guidebook spelled her name wrong as "Jemnisimi", and the mistake catalogued it into myself well enough that I decided I'd like the name as a trophy of my addiction. Besides, I really liked it. It stuck and now I'm called that in both worlds~

Reiko
01-26-07, 11:21 AM
Me, hyper? I must quickly vanquish you of these thoughts. I might even get a reputation. Dreadful, really.
haha ok, just felt a lot of energy in your posts, lots of yang in them.

The road of engagement isn't glamorous unless you're rich. Frankly our financial and distance issues are making this a miserable engagement if I've ever heard of one, but the path to heaven isn't exactly lined with gold. In any case, I appreciate the well wishes. Here's to the best, cheers. ;)

being rich makes marriage soulless and expensive. So I consider you lucky

I might be a bit nervous, if I knew this Nova fellow. Being turned into a plushie, however... I might like that. Actually, I'd love that. If I got a mirror afterward. And a lightbulb. I'm a greedy little snot, pay no mind.
Nova's my other self, like Raven's Yamihara^^ But she's locked up by Witchy.

What's this Lenny the Yeti though? Besides... a yeti? Err, nevermind.

and you don't know Lenny from Loony Tunes. he's the big abomniable snowman that would hug and squeeze bugs bunny and go: "I hug you and squeeze you and name you George."

Regardless, you can't scare me. I own a cat. A rabid, schitzo, jealous, monsterous, and constantly-shedding furball of dhoom. *pets*

hehe I have two^^ I love my Kitties^^

Jemnisimi
01-26-07, 12:09 PM
Never was much of a Loony Toons fan. Ehehe sorry.

I use that phrase quite often though. But I got it from Chris Farley. ^_~

Horizon's End
01-26-07, 12:22 PM
Hahaha, I haven't posted in here in a long while; and, no, I can't return to RPing yet (damned, but fun, CS and Math classes) but I had to say that from one hyper-Slayers fan to another. Welcome! Hurray for Slayers love.

Atzar
01-26-07, 03:28 PM
You might or might not know me, but I was Gizmorc back then. I took third in that tournament.

Artifex Felicis
01-26-07, 04:36 PM
Wow, I go away for a couple hours and there's a crapload of replies. I'm consdiering taking part in your open quest if you'll have me soon enough too. I just have a few things I need to take care of first.

Still, hope althanas is treating you well. I think it rocks anyway.

Jemnisimi
01-26-07, 09:18 PM
I mourn for Slayers. It's lost a lot of popularity. I hope it regains some somehow. I'd love inspiration to pick all my old projects back up - Besides. New and Slayers in the same sentance... makes me want to swoon.

Aye Atzy, I remember ya. ^_~ Way to go memory! Maybe my golden years haven't come 40 years too early after all. This calls for a celebration - Frappucinos for all~

It's been dah royal treatment so far! I just wish my quest would get some bites soon. ;)

Alas, my wit is spent. I haven't slept in two days apparently. TIME TO GO! *slithers away to bed fer now*

Cielalune
01-27-07, 12:00 AM
HOLY SHIZNITS! YOU'RE FRICKIN' 21?! I thought you were just 17 that looks 13. YOU TAKE YOUTH POTIONS, YOU SHIZ!

*throws rocks at your face* WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE. I have 11 cats. Whee!

Slayers is sweet but I think I wasn't born yet when it was popular. Meh.

WELCOME WELCOME. I hope you have a bon-diggity time here. Post drawings please. OuOv Peace Out! Let's RP sometime.

P.S. I like my coffee with frickin' ice.

AsukaStrikes
01-27-07, 12:19 AM
Everyone in the Tropics does. I wonder why Master Raven doesn't, though...

Oh, right. He likes his ice tea. Eh.

Beware of Witchy's cookies. You should wake up with a collar anytime soon now. My sister warned you, so you can't hold her responsible for anything attached to your neck.

Poor Master Raven, though, turned into a plushtoy like that...

*Kicks him in the shin*

That's what you get for eating cookies without checking who made them.

Jemnisimi
01-27-07, 06:46 AM
Uhh, I get that a lot. The age thing. Buh anyways. Houston Texas is the tropics? ;) Yark. Wouldn't know about that. I'm allergic to the outdoors! O.o (That 'splains it for me in part I think.) Avid fan of tea btw. Earl grey, blackberry, sage, orange spice, mango, green, purple blue black pink *explodies* Yum.

The cookies are going to come to life and chain me up? Ohmegawrd. I gave em' to Yami, dun getcher undies in a bundle. I'll get a restraining order.

One and two half cats is enough to induce anneurisms in meh, you can keep your eleven. You'll prolly die early of their fur gagging you or something horrible like that. I heard once cat hair goes in your lungs it never comes out. Death is likely upon me! WOE! Woe is me.

Oi, seven years ago, my Slayers site got, if I recall, a bit less than 100,000 unique hits per month. Two years later it dropped to 45,000. By two years ago it was down to 17,000 or so. Trends are interesting things, but that particular one was sad to watch. A buncha sites that relied on that single series died off. Blah. Cryin' shame.

I suppose I can be convinced to post some artstuff. I'm going through a forced-funk atm though. My scanner has been broken for half a year now so I have absolutely nothing that's been done since then posted. Sad, sad panda.

AdventWings
01-27-07, 07:35 AM
Houston Texas, ne'er said anything about that being in the Tropics. Any one you said you were in the States, Girls?

Murakama & Yamihara: We didn't say that!

Yamihara: I didn't say anything about being in Houston, Master.

Me: Yeah, I realized that... Plus...

*Grabs Witchy's cookies and tossed it out the window*

Don't eat her cookies, Asuka. You know she'll slap a collar on you at the first sign of drowsiness she sees.

Oh, and just so you know... I live in the Tropics. SE Asia, to be vaguely precise. :p

Jemnisimi
01-27-07, 10:04 AM
My brain. It hurts. Dear master of pancakes, it hurts!

Actually I just misunderstood what you said. O.o I think something along the lines of me looking younger because I live in the tropics. The Climate's pretty tropical at least.

I shall shoosh before I hurt myself further. *grabs bag of ice*

(Gawd, poor cookies.)

Cielalune
01-27-07, 10:14 PM
<: Naw, they be short-haired cats. Long haired ones kinda shrivel up in tropical areas. Either very little or no hair at all comes from them.

We have slayers reruns playing here though, bad dubbing alas! Maybe I can bear it to watch the story.

You could scan in an internet cafe right? P: Not forcing you though.

P: Yurk. Texas is as hot as the tropics eh. Global warming and all that.

Jemnisimi
01-28-07, 01:12 AM
I seem to be alone, but I think the voices in the subbed version would cause my ears to bleed if I listened too long. I actually liked the english dubbing. No one seems to agree! o.o;

No net cafes here. Anywhere, that I know of.

And yuss. Got to 106 here last summer. Fun in the sun is for freaks if you live here.