PDA

View Full Version : Ask and the answer will be given (Part 1 of 3)

Lost Without You
02-01-07, 12:16 AM
The repetitive sound of a pouring rain filled the barren streets of the small town. Storefronts were boarded up and most residences appeared unlivable, save one. The windows of the small inn danced with candlelight as the shadows of the many patrons passed to an fro. Jake approached the window and peered in as he stood on his tiptoes. Inside he could see a few dozen adventurers all partaking of the same barrel of alcohol and all seemed to be enjoying themselves in various fashions. The small demon gently lowered himself as he turned to face Farasrian.

”They’re all drunk enough for five men,” the seraphim listened to the demon intently, ”are you absolutely sure this is the right place?” The seraphim glanced inside and nodded solemnly. ”Yes, Jake, I am,” the seraphim stated matter-of-factly. Jake pondered this for a moment before eliciting a response, ”How do we know which one is him?” The question garnered no response from Farasrian and Jake merely huffed at the indignation of the seraphim, ”So what are we going to do, just barge in and ask ‘Ok, so which one of you is Thelion’? That’s insanity Rian!”

The seraphim nodded as he responded once more, ”That’s exactly what we’ll do. I don’t think any of these people really care how we know of the guy. I mean, come on, do you really believe he could be all that troublesome on his own?” The demon nodded vigorously before replying to the seraphim’s rhetorical question, ”Yes, I do! Think about it, Rian. How on Althanas would he know the information we’ve been looking for?” The seraphim started towards the door. ”By Lucifer, Rian, I hope you are right for once. I have a bad feeling about this -- ,” the demon trailed off as he followed in pursuit of the seraphim.

========================

The door to the inn swung open violently causing all the inn’s patrons to stop dead in their places and turn to see who or what might bring an abrupt halt to their festivities. As Farasrian stepped through the entryway he made a gesture to show he was unarmed before entering fully. The whole of the inn didn’t move as the fallen seraphim made his way to the bar. Each step he took was piercingly loud due to the lack of activity and noise the inn now exhumed. Eventually Farasrian made it to the bar, but not going without notice to everyone else in the inn. ”Can you tell me where I can find Thelion, please,” the seraphim asked quickly and quietly. The barkeeper didn’t move; frozen in place.

Jake coughed to try and stir some of the patrons, but it was useless. They all stood in front of the two misfits completely devoid of motion or sound. The demon felt eerily worried. Farasrian asked his question once more, ”Sir, can you tell me where I could find Thelion?” The barkeeper’s eyes seemed glazed over almost comatose as the man gave no response. Jake approached one of the very meager men gently. He waved a claw in front of the small man’s face and no movement. The demon’s eyes grew large as he spoke his discontent with their situation, ”Rian? What in the world is going on?”
The seraphim’s red eyes darted around quickly. No one moved or even breathed. It was as if they were all suspended in time.

Just then a voice pierced through the silence, ”Why do you seek Thelion?” The voice boomed deeply as it echoed about the now completely silent inn. ”I seek him for I need answers to many questions I have,” the seraphim was lucky he was immune to feelings otherwise he would be cowering in fear like the poor demon. Fear was not an option for one in the seraphim’s line of work.

”All the answers you seek lie within your dreams, fallen one. You do not need him to tell you that.” The voice caught the demon by surprise once more causing him to fall into the almost statuesque man he was in front of. The man fell over and crashed to the floor smashing into hundreds of tiny pieces. Jake crawled across the floor quickly and hid behind the legs and feet of Farasrian.
”That’s impossible! Seraphim’s don’t dream! It’s not in our blood,” the seraphim didn’t understand the message.

”Perahps, Fallen one, that is the answer to your first question. The one you’ve asked since the beginning.” Farasrian was totally confused now and the demon appeared just as confused. ”What does he mean ‘since the beginning’? That makes no sense,” the demon queried unknowingly. ”Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” The demon’s eyes bugged out. He was more confused now than ever before, and he was joined in his confusion by the seraphim.

Lost Without You
02-01-07, 12:19 AM
”Door, what door...,” the fallen seraphim screamed his response. Silence filled the room once more as he waited a response. No response came, though, and so the seraphim was stuck to figure out the cryptic message with the aide of the cowering demon at his feet. He sat for a short while before he grabbed the keys off the comatose barkeeper and headed up the stairs. ”Jake, we’ll need time to mull this over. Help me find a vacant room,” the seraphim wanted some rest, too. He was beginning to feel the pangs of the lack of sleep hit him.

The two misfits reached the top of the stairs and Farasrian slid the key marked ‘1’ into the door marked ‘1’ and after a quick turn the door was opened. Inside a male elf laid completely nude beneath a rather trollish and rotund naked female elf. It was clear they were consummating some act of lust, and while the demon seemed curious, Farasrian quickly shut the door. He continued on to the door marked ‘2’ and inserted the key marked ‘2’. He turned it slowly this time and opened the door. Inside this room sat a young and unimaginably beautiful female who shimmered in the white light from the sun shining in through the window. She was in the first stages of undressing herself and so she was still clad in some clothing. Jake’s interest peeked once again and he stopped Farasrian from closing the door as quickly as he’d opened it.

”The voice said that knock and the door with be opened to you, right? Well, what if this is the door. Maybe this young lady needs our help with something,” the demon was clearly in lust mode, but Farasrian’s mind was elsewhere. He just agreed for agreements sake. Farasrian handed the key for the room to Jake and then went back to his adventures in the hallway outside the room. Jake meanwhile toyed with thoughts of having some lusty fun with the frozen state of the strikingly beautiful young lady.