PDA

View Full Version : Strange

Moonlit Raven
02-02-07, 03:52 PM
Not long ago I had a very strange, very strange dream. Other than what was written I don't know any more about the setting, people or circumstance. Mmm, perhaps I could play with it and draw it out into an actual story. Okay enough of my babble.

The human world was dying by their own hands, biological engineering had finally come about to attack that which was created. Oddly enough it’s wasn't the any of the so called 'super humans' to attack, it was a simple virus. It attacked the 'super humans' then mutated and started taking out the shifting masses of humanity in droves. That's when He appeared. Even to this day I still don't know his name.

He promised he could find a cure, but he had to find the special person, one that was different, already resistant to the virus, one with special genes naturally. Finally he found Rose and took her. It was all a lie he wasn't here to help us, he was here to make a companion or a bride. I still wonder what exactly it was he was after, even Rose never knew, she never gave me all of her memories when... well that will be told later.

He took Rose away from human civilization, the memories become jumbled at this point all I can find is pain. Pain that seems to eat away at the soul and mind until there is nothing left, yet she survived it somehow. Rose became something else, but funny enough not what He want, she was too different, through his training different abilities formed, ones he had never seen before and became jealous of. I can remember Rose's first dismemberment, hearing her screams as if I were there, first of pain then the screams when she realized that she couldn't die. He laughed, I hate him.

Stitching herself back together, Rose became a mockery of her beauty just as the building He had taken her too became a mockery of a home, it became filled with filth, odd items and scents, creatures perverted by the man and by the virus. Rose finally created me after many trails, she named me Chimera and kept me hidden from him until I could leave on my own.

Alone she sent me away to learn about what I am. What was left of humanity found me, they thought I was a survivor of the virus and gave me shelter never knowing that nothing in me was human, never had been. It came as a surprise when I first saw my reflection in a mirror Rose had given me her human beauty, for a long time I watched me own reflection blink, smile and frown at me with Rose's face her hand reached out to touch my own with only a think sheet of glass between us.

Time passes and I make a friend of sorts, I find David odd he's not afraid of me, not an afraid that I never change, never age, or of the odd things I can do. He's even gotten me hooked into watching television, some show that tricks humans into thinking that it is magic through trickery. If they want to see magic they should watch me or find Rose.

The thought startles me, I haven't thought of Rose in a long time. I need to find her, the more I think about it the more something tells me that I need to hurry. Despite my protests David comes with me, I don't want him here with me.

Finding my way back to that place where Rose is surprisingly easy. The reek of the place is detectable a distance away. The front screen hangs drunkenly from one hinge, I walk in without knocking and look at the man that I hated. He looked like nothing more than a human slob in filthy too loose clothing, food, cans, and many other items littered the floor and the couch he sat on. He stared at me with dull grey eyes, after a moment he smiled at me.

"So you're Chimera." I stared at him, for a second wondering if I could kill him myself. A pull from some where up above drew my attention, I turned to look for a door that would lead me further into the house.

"She has been calling you for days. Chimera,' I paused at the door way and looked back. 'Take her a hamster, they make her happy." I frowned at the odd request but nodded and began my search through the winding maze of the house, David all but forgotten as he followed me. Finally I found my way up several flights of stairs and out on to the roof, a separate room sat up there the pull coming from it. A cage sat just outside the door over run with hamster, I watched the cage for a moment, confused by the oddity of something Rose like that he had put there and the cruelty of him in my memories.

Finally I pulled a small blond hamster out of the cage and took it with me into the room, Rose's room. She sat in a dusty arm chair the same grey shade as the walls and the floor, only the top of her head was visible. Her hair had faded into a pale blue. Slowly I stepped around to look at her. She looked at me in her now brittle body, her beauty altered but still there. Rose sighed, the sound rattled in her chest, and reach out to pet me as she often had before I left. Quietly I handed her the hamster, I smiled as she cuddled the little creature and cooed to it. Rose set it aside on a table and turned back to me.

"You’re going to kill Him for me. I've finally found my answers." I nodded and watched as Rose smiled at me, she began to disintegrate. I found my eyes beading with moisture as the last of her body turned to dust, impatient I looked past it. With a quick glance at the room I scooped up as much of Rose as I could in my hands. The dust from her felt grainy and light.

I glanced at David to make sure he was still with me and headed down into the house to find that man again. He still sat on the same couch as before, he looked up as I stopped in the door, his gaze caught on the dust in my hands.

"So she finally died, did she? Well less put her to a last use shall we? Follow me, Chimera." He heaved himself off of the couch and went into the kitchen, soon enough he came back with a slice of hard, moldy pizza. He huffed at my look and motioned for me to put Rose's dust on the pizza, I balked for a moment. Rose's voice whispered to me to do as he said that it would be alright. I dumped the dust on the pizza and looked away as he greedily ate.

Rose whispered to me again, at her direction I licked a little of the dust off my hands and held out the other to David, he shook his head. Insistent, I jabbed me hand at him, finally he gave in. A quick lick across my palm and he got enough to suit Rose. David made a face at the taste and then gasped silently, I ignored him and watch the other finish the slice of pizza. He looked up at me.

"What do you want now?" He asked as I just stared at him.

"For you to die." I spoke my first words, the ones Rose had given me through her remains, a last gift from my creator. I turned and grabbed David by the hand, a stray though hit me I wondered if David would forgive me, forgive Rose for changing him a bit. I shook the thought away and hurried out of the house, pulling David with me.

"What's wrong?" David shouted over the wind that had picked up. We turned back as a howling came from the house only to be cut off abruptly. I pulled on David's hand as he took a step towards the house.

"He's dead now, Rose got her revenge after so long a time." I turned away from the house and began the long trek back to the human world, to home.

That's all I can remember of it I sort remember what he did to Rose and just general textures of the house and stuff. Rose's room was really a dismal place, everything covered on dust and grey. She had waited for so long until Chimera came back, ready to help her. It wasn't Rose's fault that she had different genes, different from even what He wanted. Gods the man was a slob. I don't know what Rose did to David but I got the impression from the dream that Rose change David just enough to be Chimera's companion and maybe mate. So maybe Rose in the end became like the man a little bit. Weird dream, eh?

AdventWings
02-03-07, 02:16 AM
Talk about wierd, Myao~! That is definitely a very... Very odd dream...

Maybe someone is trying to tell you something, Nya~?