PDA

View Full Version : Happiness Before Heartache(Pre-Alerar Raiaera War)

Séreméla
02-05-07, 09:29 PM
Once there was a happiness that I thought would last forever…
I never went looking for it, it found me.

Now that happiness is gone from me,
Disappeared like the summer breeze.
The only difference is that the breeze will return…
((prequel to The Labyrinthine still owned original bow and arrows, no boat, no anicent books, no bite marks or changes from the ancient drow's snakes.))

Séreméla looked across the field as the wind blew through the high grass making a beautiful wave-like movement back and forth. She closed her eyes and soaked in the air and sunlight as it warmed her body. The eastern farmlands were always her favorite place as a little girl to roam alone.

With Althanas at war with itself she felt that this virgin land would soon be soiled with blood. The feud between Alerar and Raiaera, she could tell, were about to boil over and fighting would break out, leaving no continent free of war. Her childhood land would soon be ravished and she worried about her parents living in city.

Séreméla laid down in the knee height grass and felt the sides run along her skin with the wind. She wondered if she should go and see her parents again before she decided to leave again. The summer’s heat slowly began to get to her senses as she felt herself become tired.

Maybe a little nap wouldn’t hurt after the travel. Besides they aren’t that far away and I will go and find them when I wake up.

A rustle through the grass woke Séreméla from her slumber. The sun was half way down the sky now, telling her she had slept later than she wanted. Her ears picked up the sound of the rustle again. Her hand quickly moved to her weapon, but found nothing. Séreméla forgot she took them off to lie down and placed them a few feet above her.

The rustling came closer to her. She knew she didn’t have time to reach for the weapons. Her muscles tensed up ready to fight hand to hand.
It can’t be zombies. She thought knowing full well that they still inhabited some of the farmland but knew they weren’t as stealthy as this creature was.

A few inches away from her the noise stopped. Séreméla held her breath and waited silently not know what to expect.