PDA

View Full Version : Feedback/Submissions

Atzar
02-06-07, 12:11 PM
Ok, I'm a new mod. I've been on the force for about a month and a half now, however, and I'm curious to see what my peons think of my leadership. That's the purpose of this thread. I want to know what you think. I'm not particularly interested in any "Looks awesome, keep up the good work!" responses that I might happen to get. While I appreciate the support, I'm looking for criticism and suggestions, not praise. If you must post something of that nature, then direct it at something I've done here.

As far as criticism, let me know what you think I need to do better in Scara Brae. You can be as harsh as you'd like, as long as there's a point to your post. "You suck, your parents made a mistake when they had you!" isn't going to help me become a better mod, now is it? :p

And finally, suggestions. What should I do here? I'm sure a few of you have read the Scara Brae information. What should I add? What should I go more in-depth on? Most of you have seen the Quest Boards that I've resurrected and added to from time to time. What do you think I can do to make it better? Do you have any ideas for quests (by all means, shoot them past me!) that I can add to the Boards? I'm looking for commentary about anything and everything Scara Brae-related.

Let me reiterate: I'm not looking for general praise or mindless flaming. Those don't help me make Scara Brae better for you, and the latter will get you warned. Pointed, constructive criticism and polite, considered suggestions, please.

Now, all of the tedious crap aside... post away! You know you all that you want to post in a stickied thread anyway... :cool:

Sid
02-06-07, 12:29 PM
You need to elaborate on the Scara Scourge a bit more, they seem to be lacking general information including purpose, structure, and numbers, among other things. That's my only comment so far.

Zook Murnig
02-06-07, 12:32 PM
"You suck, your parents made a mistake when they had you!"

I concur.

But in all seriousness, you've done a really good job with the Quest/Events board, but I'd like to see more of the quests and non-Current Events stuff up there. And more Current Events, too.

EDIT: Thou hast been ninja'd.

Atzar
02-06-07, 12:33 PM
You need to elaborate on the Scara Scourge a bit more, they seem to be lacking general information including purpose, structure, and numbers, among other things. That's my only comment so far.

Duly noted. Yeah, it's been a plan of mine to add more detail to the Info in general. In particular, I want to write up some NPC profiles for each of the Barons. But the Scara Scourge can easily be added to the list.

But in all seriousness, you've done a really good job with the Quest/Events board, but I'd like to see more of the quests and non-Current Events stuff up there. And more Current Events, too.

Yeah, I do need to put more quests up. Admittedly, that was an ulterior motive of this thread: I was looking for a few other ideas for quests and the like. I can usually come up with good ones fairly quickly when I put my mind to it, but I haven't found myself wanting to put my mind to it. :(

sweet_oblivion
11-24-07, 07:44 PM
Some new activity needs to be brought to Scara Brae, not really anything that makes people want to be here or do something together.

Veatrix
04-29-08, 09:38 PM
I don't know if this'll really apply here... or anywhere really, but if the "Current Events" stuff in Scara Brae, along with the Adventurer's Board and all that goodness be started up again. Seems like every thread that's been claimed fizzled out around last year. I, for one, would like to do some of these quests.

A Nony Mouse
04-30-08, 08:37 AM
Some of them were done and their status just never changed. But I agree that the board needs some activity there.

Christoph
04-30-08, 10:19 AM
I need to get around to updating some of the missions. I just don't know which ones were finished and which ones would still be available. It was horribly out of date already when I took over.

A Nony Mouse
04-30-08, 02:15 PM
True. Brokenheart, Brokenthorn was complete
taskmienster and i are working on brokenthorn inc now

Cade_Smith
02-11-10, 05:08 PM
is there a map for scara brae?

Taskmienster
02-11-10, 05:52 PM
http://althanas.com/world/faq.php?faq=althanasalmanac#faq_almalerar

Towards the bottom of that you'll be able to find a map of Scara Brae, if you click on it the map will be enlarged and you'll be able to see all those vital places on it that you can find in the Info part of the small island as well.