04-11-06, 04:47 PM
The Basics:

Name: Luryll K'Ou.
Species: Elf.
Height: 6'3".
Weight: 205lbs.
Hair: Coppery aubern.
Eyes: Hazel.
Skin: Light in tone. Freckle free. Blemish free. Burns easily.
Endowment: 10.6".

Personality:

Luryll has an obsidian heart, a mind of steel, and loins of fire. (The fire is metaphorical, and not a venereal disease. Likewise, his head is not magnetic and his heart can still pump blood.) He has a flowery tongue, which, like the rose, hides thorns. Most of the time, he presents himself in the role of the gallant errant knight, performing acts of valor to win the favor of those he meets. Everything he does, however, is designed for his own personal gain. A good deed without any audience is not worth doing. After he's taken what he wants from a maiden fair, he carries no torch for her.

Appearance:

He is, to put it simply, gorgeous. He curves where he should curve, he's firm where he should be firm, and when smiles, the light on his teeth goes "ting." He keeps his hair cropped short enough that it doesn't get in his eyes while he is wearing a helm, but just long enough that it can rustle in the breeze scinematically. Women who get too close to him find it necessary to change their garments and even men who thought themselves straight will sometimes feel something stir when he is in a good light.

History:

Growing up in an elven city had its merits, but all in all it was too dull for the tastes of a young Lyrell. He lacked the facility for magic, which left him with far more free time than all of the other elven children. While they were off learning how to bend reality, he had to find ways to entertain himself.

At age five, he fell in with a group of actors who performed improvised theatre in the heart of the city. At first, they merely tolerated him and kept him around as a sort of mascot. As he learned their trade, though, he gradually became a full fledged member of the troupe. By that time he was fifteen, he had spent more of his life as a character than as himself.

On his twentieth birthday, Lyrell became eligable to join the city's guard. He decided that it would be useful to him to be able to hold his own in battle, if he was ever going to become anything greater than just some actor. After many tearful goodbyes and a really wild party, Lyrell joined up. Having finally reached his full height, Lyell was a natural at any martial art in which reach played a crucial role, which was most of them. The only area in which he really wasn't very good was archery, but since every other elf on the face of the planet was great at it, his superiors figured it wasn't very important for him to be great, too.

He quickly rose through the ranks, thanks to his skill at arms and his swift mind, to the rank of lieutenant. Once there, he began turning down promotions in order to remain in the field. Although a higher position would certainly have been cushy, his time off would have been much less free. As a lieutenant, he had a satisfactory balance of authority and anonymity that allowed him to further his favorite hobby: seduction.

By the time he had been in the service long enough to retire with full honors (twelve years), Lyrell was bored with elven women. He wanted to travel to other lands, and get away from the stuffy ways of his race. He retired, and began travelling immediately. For the last two years, he has been entertaining himself by playing the part of a soldier of fortune.

Skills:

Swordsmanship: Lyrell has been trained by the military of his people in the way of the sword. (Edit: At the behest of Redeemer, I shall declare at this time that his skill with a sword is "average," for all of you who want specifics.)

Unarmed Combat: When unarmed, Lyrell can hold his own against other unarmed opponents, and even some opponents who weild bludgeoning weapons.

Wooing: There's something about Lyrell that screams out, "mate with me. I'm genetically superior." It makes it very easy for him to have his way with NPCs and any PCs who want to play along.

Unskills:

Archery: In his hands, bows snap and arrows break. He can't quite manage to knock his arrows consistently, and so the paths of his shots are fairly unpredictable, especially by him.

Magic: He is unable to harness even the simplest spells. He could perform all of the incantations perfectly and still would not even get a spark.

Equipment:

One suit of full plate armor. The armor is his suite of dress armor from when he was in the military, which they allowed him to keep upon his retirement. It is made of a special elven alloy which, while only as sturdy as iron, holds a chrome-like shine and is very easy to polish.

One bastard sword. The bastard sword is also intended to be ceremonial, and is made of the same chrome-like iron as his armor.

One kite shield. The shield is made of wood. It is painted bright white (that's silver, in heraldic terms).

He also has a well constructed backpack which includes the basic necessities of travel, including a canvas tent.

Dissinger
04-11-06, 06:53 PM
How good is he with the sword?

Andrew
04-11-06, 10:00 PM
He's as good as someone with military training who is not a savant. Skill in something like that is really pretty darn abstract. In World of Darkness terms, I suppose he would have three dots. In completely arbitrary terms I made up just now, he would have eleven jars of pudding.

Edit: Actually, make that two dots, because it's average. Which, I guess brings him down to ten pudding jars. Once again, this edit is at the behest of Redeemer.

Redeemer
04-15-06, 07:39 PM
Since Diss took some time, and you contacted me on AIM, I'm approving this. Tis' all in order.

Approved.