PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Central California

Thermal Undies
02-12-07, 04:25 PM
So... I know a few of you from a different forum... Santhalas invited me to join here. :)

Here's a brief introduction for the ones that don't know me.

I'm 24 (almost 25), born and raised in Central California. I hate my job, but I'm working to find a different one. I go to California State University, Fresno, where I'm getting my Bachelors in Geography with a Physical Emphasis (landforms, meteorology, etc). I love my video games (The Zelda series is my favourite). Currently I live in California, but I do tend to spell and type in non-American English, as I wish to be living in Melbourne or Perth in Australia in about a year from now. Other interests of mine include: music, geology, art, photography (my avatar is a photo I took), reading, and oversleeping. :)

Ther
02-12-07, 04:32 PM
Hey, I'm glad you came Thermal! CA pride all the way, baby.

You should show off some of your photography, though...I want to see the artsy pictures you take.

Also, isn't Perth on the West Coast? I thought all the happening stuff in Australia took place on the East Coast?

Thermal Undies
02-12-07, 04:39 PM
lol it does, but there's a lot more jobs in Geography and Geology in Perth than in the East coast. :)

Cyrus the virus
02-12-07, 04:49 PM
Git outta mah office! *pow*

Hi :)

Osato
02-12-07, 04:49 PM
Welcome welcome, and welcome some more. Like the name.

Thermal Undies
02-12-07, 05:00 PM
Pfft, Cyrus, stop falling in love with me already. :p
And thanks, Osato. :)

Karuka
02-12-07, 05:04 PM
Cyrus is just affectionate like that.

With everybody.

Anyway, hallo an' welcome t' Althanas, if y' get los', there are a bunch o' nice people aroun' t' help y'.

Uukan Kimari
02-12-07, 05:53 PM
Get off mai internets, Duck Girl.

You stole my cloud song.

Osato
02-12-07, 06:12 PM
Warning you ahead of time... if some girl named Witchblade tries to offer cookies, bat them away. Some are supposedly poisonous.

-shrug-

I win. Oh, yeah.

Thermal Undies
02-12-07, 06:19 PM
Noted.
And seriously, what's this about cloud song, I've been hearing it all day. :p

Uukan Kimari
02-12-07, 06:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrZQIayUnbA

The flash and the fad that has nothing to do with the flash.

http://wiki.ytmnd.com/Cloudsong

WoW is serious business.

:P

Mage Hunter
02-13-07, 01:40 AM
California eh? I'm up by Livermore. Nice to see another west coaster, we seem so few and far between...

Thermal Undies
02-13-07, 01:52 AM
I'm about 30 minutes south of Fresno. :)
Yay! Another Californian! :)

Raelyse
02-13-07, 02:13 AM
I might be going to California for college!

Thermal Undies
02-13-07, 02:14 AM
Where to?
My favourite places of California are the San Francisco area, the central coast (near San Luis Obispo), and northern California (near Redding).

Raelyse
02-13-07, 02:24 AM
I'm thinking about UCLA and Berkeley, I wanna go look a the campuses before I make my decision though. I wanna go to Cali because I'm from Sydney so I need good weather to function.

Thermal Undies
02-13-07, 02:48 AM
lol opt for Berkeley if you want cleaner air- LA is the second most polluted area of California (Fresno and Bakersfield get slammed into one category together and take number one).

AdventWings
02-13-07, 07:00 AM
Hi, Nya~! Looks like you'll fit right in with the crazy folks here!

Oh, yeah! Are there any universities in California with good Graduate-level Marine Ecology? I'm thinking about UC San Diego, but I need to weigh my options with another place up in Canada. :p

Random Note: I used to stay in LA for a month. Now I'm back home in SE Asia.

Reiko
02-13-07, 07:16 AM
hihi and welcome

I'm from California, Live in Truckee, a goofy small town.

I hope you have lots of fun and stuff.

Thermal Undies
02-13-07, 02:29 PM
AdventWings- I'm not sure, but look into Monterey... They have a large aquarium there, and it's right on the coast. I think that might be an option! :)